Why do some people insist on having long hair ?

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mageman

I don't get it, you see a lot of males having long, messy hair. I am not talking about the homeless, I am talking about normal people who can most certainly afford a hair cut and work towards a more orderly appearance. But they don't, they insist to look like bums. Why do you think people do this, is it because they want attention ? Is it to appear special and ''freak'' people out ?

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hot_Karl

Those people are called "women" and I'm sure they don't appreciate being called "people".

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Maybe they just find it to be more comfortable? Maybe they actually look good? Not to be a dick, but this post makes you sound like a dick.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By billyhoush

You're just jelly, dick.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ki11tank

If I were to guess, I'd bet I could point out some shit you do that others would feel the same way about.

Point being, people have different tastes no matter how shitty and retarded they may be.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Xeiphyer

Some dudes look good with long hair, though most of them don't. 

Regardless, the answer to your question is "Because they want to".

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Guys I saw a person today who didn't confirm to my definition of neat and tidy. I tell you it was so shocking I nearly had a fainting spell.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ZimboDK

Headbanging with short hair doesn't really have the same effect. Also, why the fuck do you care? Let people look the way they want.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Better watch what you say. Don probably wouldn't take too kindly to those words....

tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tyxja

I have long hair. I keep it in a ponytail lately.

Not everyone shares your point of view on things, douche.

Also, a lot of people have long hair as they feel safer with it. Like some sort of shield.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mageman

@tylerjacob said:

Also, a lot of people have long hair as they feel safer with it. Like some sort of shield.

Hmm so you are saying people who have long hair have it because of a certain mental issue ? That is interesting.

No but honestly, if you were an employer would you employ someone with long hair ? I surely wouldn't, if a person is too lazy to go to a barber they are too lazy to work.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Also I think the original post was a veiled attack on Patrick.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

Why does society program us to think short hair is the 'right' way to do it? Why do some people have anime girls as their avatars? That's about a thousand times more creepy.

@Mageman said:

Hmm so you are saying people who have long hair have it because of a certain mental issue ? That is interesting.

No but honestly, if you were an employer would you employ someone with long hair ? I surely wouldn't, if a person is too lazy to go to a barber they are too lazy to work.

No, it seems more like people who think poorly of others based on the length of their hair have the mental issues. You should seek help.
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Getz

I have long hair because it looks good. I don't have to get frequent hair cuts, and I get compliments from ladies constantly. Grow up dude; asking why people make a fashion choice like you don't know...

tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tyxja

I would figure that out during the interview. Their choice of hair or clothing would have nothing to do with it, so long as it wasn't somehow offensive.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee

@Mageman said:

@tylerjacob said:

Are you Hank Hill? Do you sell propane and propane accessories?

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeeGee

Long hair or short hair, if you act like a douche, you won't get hired anyway.

So bad luck, dude.

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DemiGodRaven

@ZimboDK said:

Headbanging with short hair doesn't really have the same effect. Also, why the fuck do you care? Let people look the way they want.

Bingo.

thisguyrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thisguyrich

@McGhee said:

@Mageman said:

@tylerjacob said:

Are you Hank Hill? Do you sell propane and propane accessories?

this made me laugh. thank you, McGhee.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Canteu

@Mageman: I have dreadlocks, tell me how to keep them short?

Don't be a moron.

People can wear and present themselves however they like.

We no longer live in the 1940's where things like hair length matter to anybody except homophobes and conservatives.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GTCknight

@Mageman: Because they feel like it. Before you try to judge them, you should ask yourself "What kind of hair style do I have, and why do I keep it like that?" once you do that you will then have your answer.

As for myself, I cut my own hair so it simply ends up being whatever it ends up as. Nothing special about it or anything.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aetheldod

@Mageman: What do you care? People have the right to look how they want and all this silly notion that long hair is not for men is just a stupid Roman custom and long hair in Germanic tribes was a sign of soverance and freedom . And yes I have long hair and dont care if other (probably jelous and bald ) men dont like it. Also having long hair does not hinder the performance in jobs (and only in very few human activities long hair is a liability) , so is a very stupid and prejudiced reason to not hire someone. And being tidy is not releated to having long or short hair. Also head banging with out long hair is not fun at all :P

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Wait, what?  

Oh, this is a troll thread. Or a thread about someone who didn't get hired because they are lazy, and see a long-haired person doing work and are jealous and projecting.  

Or from the 1920's. Or just very stupid. 

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Getz

@Mageman said:

@tylerjacob said:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-02-28/features/ct-tribu-weigel-casual-friday-20110228_1_casual-dress-dress-code-suits-and-ties

Employers (good ones, at any rate) don't use physical appearance to judge someone's character. That's called being a fucking idiot.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@MrKlorox said:

Why does society program us to think short hair is the 'right' way to do it? Why do some people have anime girls as their avatars? That's about a thousand times more creepy.

True. Anime girl avatars are creepy, and generally make me think much less of you if you have one.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MikeGosot

Because they like their haircut. I have a mohawk Mr. T Style. I like it. So i keep it that way. And that's it.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By BatmanBatman

Well my Dark Elf can punch a Mammoth to death.. and he has long hair......

CAN YOU DO THAT??

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#31  Edited By Icemael

agentmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By agentmoo

Sir, the door is over there

No Caption Provided

GTFO

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arker101

Are you talking about long down the shoulders hair, or letting it become more fro-like? Patricks hair is perfectly awesome. I don't care for the "long-hair-but-I'm-a-dude" thing, but to each his own. I guess if you'r really into headbanging, long hair is sort of a prerequisite.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@Meltbrain said:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Wait, what? Oh, this is a troll thread. Or a thread about someone who didn't get hired because they are lazy, and see a long-haired person doing work and are jealous and projecting. Or from the 1920's. Or just very stupid.

Or from the 1930's.

I think he ran out of Fop before his job interview and lost out to past life John Romero or something.

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

"I said, I'm a goddamn Dapper Dan man!"

I somehow think the OP is just not this amazing.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By psylah

I always wanted to have long  hair, but after an inch or so it starts to curl. I will not have curly hair. Fuck that.

So instead, I shave my head bald. Take that, head-filth.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deusx

Uhm maybe they like it. This thread is stupid and you're kind of a dick... sorry.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By huntad

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@MrKlorox said:

True. Anime girl avatars are creepy, and generally make me think much less of you if you have one.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I cut my hair short for the first time since I was a little kid this summer, feels amazing.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aas

I had long hair for a while, as a result of nothing but laziness, but eventually it actually became such a huge upkeep that I got rid of it. Short is definitely the way to go, regardless of gender.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By fox01313

Freedom of choice.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't care why they do it. It's they're body and they aren't hurting me.

Tatimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tatimus

Hatin on my slicked back mullet, son? (I am not proud.jpeg). The answer could be a huge variety of things. Personally, I like how longer hair looks on just about anyone due to me growing up around hippies, beautiful hippies. A very strong familial and friendship bond. Different cultures, different families - kinda what makes America great and also dysfunctional as shit at the same time.

I am going to type in general terms here. The preference could also be tactile in nature, as it is with me as well. For instance, you grow up, you get some long hair early on because its what everyone in your current environment is doing at the time. Your body starts to become habituated to the amount of pressure and the actual feel of it. An example of habituation in the context I am talking about is - You put on your shirt and underwear in the morning. Initially, you feel the pressure, even distinguish the amount of pressure it puts on your body in relation to other shirts and whatnot (this is higher brain function, not initial reaction), how does the shirt feel, etc. After a certain period of time (varies quite a bit), you will essentially become desensitized to it. In hindsight, your body also VERY MUCH notices when it is not there.

TLDR - I like the way hair on the back of my lower neck FEELS, and I was also raised in a culture where most long hair (I had that one weird uncle everyone has, shit) was very well kept and not "Bum-like".

P.S. I am an actual engineered clone of JCVD.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Maluvin

Depends on industry and role as to whether it's appropriate. Also there's a world of difference between messy long hair and well kept long hair and there's reasons for preferring one over the other. Realities of the workplace especially when the hiring decision is between one person and a host of others who more or less have equivalent talent and skill.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Mageman said:

@tylerjacob said:

I've got long hair & it looks like shit half the time.  When I saw that
movie Limitless, the way the guy looked before he started taking the
pills reminds me of how my hair looks today in the Modern World.
Only that I keep it in a pony tail most of the time to keep it out of my
face.

I still go to the barber from time to time to get it cut & organized a little
& if I was going to an interview that is what I'd do before hand.  I'd also
slick it back with some cream & hair spray to make sure it wasn't
sticking out all over the place.  But I've worked at the same place for
13 years now & nobody has said one damn thing about my unkempt
hair (which I started growing 3 years ago).  My credentials for working
& what I know can speak for itself at an interview, so I doubt anyone
would give two shits about my hair.  So there.
SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@VinceNotVance said:

Those people are called "women" and I'm sure they don't appreciate being called "people".

This.
 Also, I have worn long and short hair. As an Hispanic male of Argentinian descent (aka Mexican to everybody), I have come to find that short both looks and feels better. When it's long, it's a pain in the ass to deal with, unless having random chunks of hair standing up is cool nowadays. I understand a lot of people do prefer it. I just personally don't. Of course, as a downside, it's no fun headbanging with the short hair.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Akeldama

@ZimboDK said:

This exactly. Let people be who they want to be,

tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tyxja

For the people saying long hair is a pain in the ass.. I totally agree with that.

I spend kind of way too much money on hair care products making it feel all soft and nice, but chicks like touching it.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Samael2138

Lazy??!! You have apparently never had long hair!! The amount of work and upkeep to keep it nice is far from lazy. And long hair is a walk in the park compared to dread locks( nice dreads, not the funky gross ones). I used to spend alot of time every day making sure my dreads were perfect, not to mention the grueling 16 hours it took to back-comb my hair to get it to lock in the first place. Would a lazy person spend an entire waking day doing this? I think not. You just seem to have a problem with anyone who doesn't have the same ideals as you. Have fun taking your first steps into Fascism!!!!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By vaiz

Are you from the 60s, bro? Does long and funny colored hair scare you? Shit, brother, if you thought Elvis was bad you ain't seen nothing yet.