Will you subscribe to the GIANTBOMB annual subscription?

• 140 results
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CaptainObvious

Maybe.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nail1080

For me it has to be a no, and even if the subscription service lets say gets 1000 people, I think giantbomb will lose new members in the long run because even the notion of a subscription service will put off many new users. Also, paying for things on the internet is for stupid people.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

It depends on the cost and if they have more stuff to offer. 

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

GB is more entertaining then most of the stuff I already pay for, why on earth would I not pay for the subscription?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Until we know how much the subscriptions are going to cost these speculations are fucking stupid.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By babblinmule

Depends greatly on the cost.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Maybe

Dr_VonBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dr_VonBoogie

Nope

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

I've never been a big fan of paying for websites, so no

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jadeskye

as long as it's not crazy expensive, absolutely.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nail1080
@Sweep said:

" Until we know how much the subscriptions are going to cost these speculations are fucking stupid. "

actually it's not stupid, the answer choices are 'yes' or 'no', meaning it's really people who are sure of themselves. For instance, I'm 100% sure that the answer is 'no' for me, and people who really want to donate to giantbomb are 100% sure they will pay. All the 'maybes' should stay out of the voting.

also I just really want to know how many people from the forums are defo going to pay for this, as I really think the number is going to be small and that this service will be a complete fail
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supermarius

the thing is that i probably wouldn't feel a need to subscribe unless they put content behind a paywall, but if they put content behind a paywall then i would no longer like the GB crew, so its sort of a catch 22.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@nail1080 said:
" @Sweep said:
" Until we know how much the subscriptions are going to cost these speculations are fucking stupid. "
actually it's not stupid, the answer choices are 'yes' or 'no', meaning it's really people who are sure of themselves. For instance, I'm 100% sure that the answer is 'no' for me, and people who really want to donate to giantbomb are 100% sure they will pay. All the 'maybes' should stay out of the voting. "
If it was £1 a year I would say yes. If it was £100 a year I would say no. There will be a few people who won't pay on principle and some who can't because they aren't old enough for a debit card or whatever - but most people will say "Maybe" depending on how much this is going to cost, and it would be stupid to do otherwise. Nobody is going to commit to an unknown cost, that's ridiculous. Look at the replies you are getting in this thread, most of them are to that effect. Nobody is going to say 100% yes until they know what it's going to burn. 

So yes, it is fucking stupid.
CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93
@Sweep said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @Sweep said:
actually it's not stupid, the answer choices are 'yes' or 'no', meaning it's really people who are sure of themselves. For instance, I'm 100% sure that the answer is 'no' for me, and people who really want to donate to giantbomb are 100% sure they will pay. All the 'maybes' should stay out of the voting. "
If it was £1 a year I would say yes. If it was £100 a year I would say no. There will be a few people who won't pay on principle and some who can't because they aren't old enough for a debit card or whatever - but most people will say "Maybe" depending on how much this is going to cost, and it would be stupid to do otherwise. Nobody is going to commit to an unknown cost, that's ridiculous. Look at the replies you are getting in this thread, most of them are to that effect. Nobody is going to say 100% yes until they know what it's going to burn.  So yes, it is fucking stupid. "
There should have been a "lets see how much it costs first" option on the poll
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nail1080
@Sweep said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @Sweep said:
If it was £1 a year I would say yes. If it was £100 a year I would say no. There will be a few people who won't pay on principle and some who can't because they aren't old enough for a debit card or whatever - but most people will say "Maybe" depending on how much this is going to cost, and it would be stupid to do otherwise. Nobody is going to commit to an unknown cost, that's ridiculous. Look at the replies you are getting in this thread, most of them are to that effect. Nobody is going to say 100% yes until they know what it's going to burn.  So yes, it is fucking stupid. "
no it's not stupid, no need to troll the topic by calling it stupid. You are not sure about the cost, thus you are a 'maybe'...don't vote. This topic is basically for people who are not keen on paying for a website subscription vs hardcore GB followers who will donate no matter what.
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Definitely. Even if only 25% of the site pays for it it's still a success because it's still large amount of income to help with the site.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By karatetron  Online

maybe, It depends on both the price and the differences in services between monthly and yearly.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By tomance

The whiskey people aren't stupid.  they said that there will be no features that are out now taken away.  Chances are I'll go for it.  It depends on price right now though.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By management

I cant  :(

But if I had the option I totally would.

Voted: NO

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By flaminghobo

I'm still thinking about it but I probably will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm broke so, probably not.

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By tranquilchaos

Yes.

mikemau5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikemau5

I voted for it. I'll subscribe to GB, but cost will play a huge factor in whether or not I keep a sub past say the first month.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#25  Edited By vager

Probably.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MKHavoc

We still don't have all the details yet.  I can't give an answer until I know the price and exactly what it'll offer.  HD video, universal log in, and a mobile version of the site aren't really things that I care about.  Maybe I'll be willing to pay for whatever the next thing they announce is.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By SumDeus

Two factors: Price and content.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nail1080
@MKHavoc said:
" We still don't have all the details yet.  I can't give an answer until I know the price and exactly what it'll offer.  HD video, universal log in, and a mobile version of the site aren't really things that I care about.  Maybe I'll be willing to pay for whatever the next thing they announce is. "
that worries me too for the suckers who are actually willing to dish out the money for this injustice. If those are the first features they thought of and announced, clearly there's nothing better in the pipeline. Again I think the site will end up losing out in the long run.
Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#29  Edited By Karolis
@CaptainObvious said:
" Maybe. "
Maybe?
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By ReyGitano

No idea of the price or what I get for it, so it's a silly question, but I will say that I would like to support Giantbomb if it's reasonable.

AmericanNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AmericanNinja

whats this?

EvilMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EvilMuffin
@SumDeus said:
" Two factors: Price and content. "
This. I voted yes as the possibility is quite high.
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Cake

No Caption Provided
(Maybe when I'm less broke, maybe.)
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By damswedon

Yes as soon as I get some money.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SoothsayerGB

No, the site is dying and most of the community are juveniles and men acting like teenagers.  Its to hard to find actual video game related discussions on this site.  Its mostly/all spam, comment spam, and Epeen fights.    

I only come here for the videos and those will stay free.  They will also most likely over charge, so I'm not into getting ripped off.  If its more than 10/15 bucks a year.  No way.  

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Dingofighter
@SoothsayerGB said:

" No, the site is dying and most of the community are juveniles and men acting like teenagers.  Its to hard to find actual video game related discussions on this site.  Its mostly/all spam, comment spam, and Epeen fights.      I only come here for the videos and those will stay free.  They will also most likely over charge, so I'm not into getting ripped off.  If its more than 10/15 bucks a year.  No way. 

Holy crap, that's alot of Kessler hate.
Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Xanth93
@SoothsayerGB: Well he is gone. Haven't you been watching "I Love Mondays"?
voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By voodooterror

pass

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Yes, but I hope to get a shirt too.

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By Kibblez

It definitely depends on the cost. If I can get access to other stuff and support a website I love and visit every day for free anyway, then why wouldn't I?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Karmum

Unless someone is going to pay for it for me, probably not. I love the dudes and what they do here and I want them to make money, but also money is really tight for me and I need to save all the money I have (and will eventually acquire) for either gas or college.

Assuming I get a job this school year, I still probably won't subscribe. Price isn't really the factor, just need all the money I can get.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BraveToaster

You'll get a lot more votes once they give us a price and a list of all the content.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CenturionCajun

Sight unseen I'm going to say yes. I love the Giant Bomb website and will happily give these guys money to ensure they keep entertaining me and can grow. Unless they announce an obscene price point for virtually nothing I don't see this sentiment changing.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DrPockets000
@nail1080 said:
" @MKHavoc said:
" We still don't have all the details yet.  I can't give an answer until I know the price and exactly what it'll offer.  HD video, universal log in, and a mobile version of the site aren't really things that I care about.  Maybe I'll be willing to pay for whatever the next thing they announce is. "
that worries me too for the suckers who are actually willing to dish out the money for this injustice. If those are the first features they thought of and announced, clearly there's nothing better in the pipeline. Again I think the site will end up losing out in the long run. "
This kind of irritates me.  You can't just look at the first basic features and say that the rest is going to be stupid and we're all suckers for paying for it.  Those features are, as it has been said over and over again, just the beginning.  It's the tip of the iceberg.  I fully expect more and better features to be announced over time.  Moreover, a lot of us are paying the subscription fee just to support the site.  I for one am almost completely sure that I will pay, simply because I want to say "thanks" for a great site.  No other video games website provides so much enjoyment for me.   The site gives and gives and gives, and I want to give back now.

@SoothsayerGB said:
" No, the site is dying and most of the community are juveniles and men acting like teenagers.  Its to hard to find actual video game related discussions on this site.  Its mostly/all spam, comment spam, and Epeen fights.      I only come here for the videos and those will stay free.  They will also most likely over charge, so I'm not into getting ripped off.  If its more than 10/15 bucks a year.  No way.    Honestly IMO, this whole thing is just one more step towards having the site bought out.  This is the next Gamespot.  Cept it's boss is a closet gay.    I've got no problem with gays.  Its just Urks me a bit, when high profile homosexuals act otherwise, while hinting towards their true sexuality and feelings towards co-workers.  Its just another way to lie.   Also on a side note.  I will never ever pay for a site sub. that allows people like Matt Kessler to contribute.  He's a racist, passive aggressive sympathy whore.  Who is the main reason I have been coming here less and less.  His past events of passive aggressive racism were completely inappropriate.  He disgusts me and I want him completely gone! "
You're an asshole.  What the hell are you talking about, the boss is a closet homosexual?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic

no

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheCreamFilling

No, I am already happy with their current offerings, I don't need any more. 

DarkHeroZark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By DarkHeroZark

I would be fine with $10 - $15 a year

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By Jayzilla

wouldn't answer this really until i find out what i am getting for my money. don't really care about video quality when i can get HD for free on other sites. it's not like this is the only place i get my gaming news even though it is the most entertaining way to get it.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ravenousrattler

sorry giantbomb, but no

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would pay for merchandise and that is pretty much all, the features they have talked about like mobile versions and HD are not something I care about so I am just going to wait a while and see what else they offer.