Would girls think I'm cheap if I...

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

Brought them to the movies on Tuesdays? I can go to the movies for free with as many people as I want on Tuesdays because my internet provider offers me some sort of deal. 

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

yea that sounds pretty cheap to me but i dont think they will care. As long as you treat her well and make her feel great, i think it will be a success. 

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Don't worry about it.  Just have a good time.  I doubt anyone that you would actually want to hang out with would care.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum

They would be impressed with getting in for free or think you are cheap for bringing them to a movie on a Tuesday. Tough one. I want to get into free movies on a Tuesday!

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

You might impress them, if they think you had connections or something like that.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Nasar7

During the school year? Yeah. During summer? Hell no, take advantage of free tickets. If she doesn't like that she needs to bounce. But that shouldn't be all you do either lol.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Commando

I don't think she'd think you're cheap, as long as you still pay for other things. She'd probably enjoy it.

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ethan

Make sure you also bring a coupon to what ever dinner place you go to. That would be classy.

I jest.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alsnuts2

If youre under 20 years old its ok to be cheap

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

It depends on what movie you go watch.  If it is a movie she really wants to see, she would thank you for getting her in for free.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By angelkanarias
@Nasar7 said:
" During the school year? Yeah. During summer? Hell no, take advantage of free tickets. If she doesn't like that she needs to bounce. But that shouldn't be all you do either lol. "
that
Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Deathdealer108

If you offer to buy snacks go right ahead. If not that is pretty cheap....

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Happy

I wouldn't do it as a "first date" sort of thing if that's what you mean. But I see nothing wrong with just a "Hey, I can get us into the movies for free tuesday! Wanna come?"

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lashe

Depends completely on the girl I guess. A lot of my friends wouldn't think twice about it but I know there are people who take things like that a little more seriously.

GaryOak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GaryOak

Definitely buy all the snacks she wants, but getting into the movie for free is only a good thing. Hell, if you can get free snacks too then go hog wild, but don't mention "I can get snacks x and y for free" because then you will seem cheap.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvilTwin

As long as you don't postpone the movie for like a week just to save some money or start buying her plastic roses you should be fine.  And if you aren't, then it probably isn't a girl you want to date anyways.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stuff like this is always risky with some girls.  Giftcards and that type of thing can also be a problem.  Just get her distracted with something else and then get your free tickets.  She will be none the wiser.

@Deathdealer108 said:

" If you offer to buy snacks go right ahead. If not that is pretty cheap.... "

Also this is really bullshit.  I know it's a losing argument and it will never get you laid but god damn, women should be paying for themselves and men should be paying for themselves.  There's no reason for it to be otherwise at this point.  I believe in being a gentlemen but don't understand why money is a part of it anymore.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Black_Rose

Not at all, though you shouldn't say that it's free until after you're there because otherwise they'll want to bring other friends >_>

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" Stuff like this is always risky with some girls.  Giftcards and that type of thing can also be a problem.  Just get her distracted with something else and then get your free tickets.  She will be none the wiser.

@Deathdealer108 said:
Also this is really bullshit.  I know it's a losing argument and it will never get you laid but god damn, women should be paying for themselves and men should be paying for themselves.  There's no reason for it to be otherwise at this point.  I believe in being a gentlemen but don't understand why money is a part of it anymore. "
I agree, having to pay everything for your your girl kind of implies that the female gender is inferior. Sort of in the same vain as one who would never hit a girl. There nothing wrong with "going Dutch".
MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MC_Izawa

I don't understand, you have to go to the movies when they're packed, full of annoying people crowding your armrests with their Mega-Large Popcorn?
What's wrong with going on Tuesday?

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deathdealer108
@FrankCanada97 said:
"@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" Stuff like this is always risky with some girls.  Giftcards and that type of thing can also be a problem.  Just get her distracted with something else and then get your free tickets.  She will be none the wiser.

@Deathdealer108 said:
Also this is really bullshit.  I know it's a losing argument and it will never get you laid but god damn, women should be paying for themselves and men should be paying for themselves.  There's no reason for it to be otherwise at this point.  I believe in being a gentlemen but don't understand why money is a part of it anymore. "
I agree, having to pay everything for your your girl kind of implies that the female gender is inferior. Sort of in the same vain as one who would never hit a girl. There nothing wrong with "going Dutch"."

I think its more of a give and take kind of thing. Guys pay for stuff and protect their girl, women pretend to enjoy things they don't. Women might not pay but they will show their affection in other ways. I'm also not saying women are inferior. Many women are superior in relationships, we just have definte differences.  But hey if "going Dutch" works in your relationship go ahead its just not what most girls expect.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Do you have to tell her it was free?

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Megalon

Depends on how good looking you are. Or rather, how good looking she is.

:)
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayge_
@MattyFTM said:
" Do you have to tell her it was free? "
Yeah, really.

And if you did, why not just say "hey I can get us in to the theater free on Tuesday wanna see a movie?" or something? Casual-style.
Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Happy

Nothing wrong with going Dutch. But it's still classy to offer to pay.

Also: open doors.

Also, also: wear a top hat. Chicks dig that.

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deathdealer108 said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
I agree, having to pay everything for your your girl kind of implies that the female gender is inferior. Sort of in the same vain as one who would never hit a girl. There nothing wrong with "going Dutch"."
I think its more of a give and take kind of thing. Guys pay for stuff and protect their girl, women pretend to enjoy things they don't. Women might not pay but they will show their affection in other ways. I'm also not saying women are inferior. Many women are superior in relationships, we just have definte differences.  But hey if "going Dutch" works in your relationship go ahead its just not what most girls expect. "
Haha, what exactly are they pretending to enjoy?  Being around the guy?

I'm sorry but it can't be argued for in a logical way besides just the simple "that's the way it is" answer, which is acceptable but bullshit.
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Jayge said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" Do you have to tell her it was free? "
Yeah, really.

And if you did, why not just say "hey I can get us in to the theater free on Tuesday wanna see a movie?" or something? Casual-style."
That and you could also take them to a movie on another day once or twice as well, so they see that you go to the movies on Tuesday because it's free, but you would also take them to a movie when you actually have to pay for it as well.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#28  Edited By TobyD81

Just show her a good time! If she enjoys the company, how cheap you are isn't a factor.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

If she doesn't, screw her off.

One thing though, don't be cheesy and open doors, etc. --> not only is that weird, but you can't keep it up.  Once you stop, they could complain.
In other words, don't put on a fake persona to impress.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ahriman22

If a she does think you're cheap, she's a cheap bitch. It's that simple really.

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmugDarkLoser said:
"

If she doesn't, screw her off.

One thing though, don't be cheesy and open doors, etc. --> not only is that weird, but you can't keep it up.  Once you stop, they could complain.
In other words, don't put on a fake persona to impress.

"
Not really sound advice here.  Gotta be a gentlemen.  Being cheap or going dutch is another issue, but you gotta do that kind of stuff (unless you're just the man for whatever reason or incredibly good looking)
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Brendan

I don't see why you have to tell her, but if the tickets are obvious then most girls would probably think it's a little cheap.