samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

Maybe a little early? Ah well.

No matter what the age, you will always have something in mind that you would like for Xmas, however unlikely it is that you'll recieve it or not is irrelevant.

I should be getting an Ipod Nano as my primary present. I've yet to own an Ipod, for whatever reason I've always tried to avoid them, I don't like joining the mainstream crowd, but every MP3 player I've ever had has never really satisfied me. I have an Archos 605 WiFi, and it's brilliant, but it's way too huge to just walk around with to listen to music on.

For games, I'll probably be getting Football Manager 2008, Fallout 3, and possibly Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 once I've decided if I they're worth it or not (I nearly completed Fable 2 for the few days I had it for).

I'm struggling to come up with anything else really, so hopefully your input will give me some ideas.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By singular

I guess I'll keep wishing for world peace like every Christmas ;)

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Well, now that I'm 20 I don't get much anymore.  : /

And my parents still bother me for playing video games. They same I'm too old.... Fuck em, I'm still playing. :D
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

My Christmas list now consists of lists of things I'm buying for others.  You sort of stop making wish lists for yourself at a certain age.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Mushroom Men, de Blob, Rock Band 2 and new drumset, a massive book of blank sheet music, a new guitar cord, some new bass strings and a girlfriend.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Karmum

Would I be lying if I said nothing? I mean honestly, the only thing I might want is a new computer monitor. If that at all. The big thing I got last year was a Zune 80GB, and I don't know if I want anything at all this year. Aside from the obvious -- that being clothing.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brukaoru

A little early? I already spent my Christmas budget that my parents gave me, about a month ago. I'm not getting many games this year, but I am getting a lot of game-related things like novels, artbooks, action figures, etc. The majority of my purchases this year was buying Batman comic books. Can't wait to read them. :D

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

A job. I don't need anything. I'd rather buy something for other people, but the catch is I need the cash to do that first.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

I don't allow people to get me Christmas presents.  I don't want them, and I don't like getting them.  I've actually gotten thoroughly pissed off at people for not respecting my wishes in that matter.  It seems rather improper for me to get presents when there are far less fortunate kids out there that should be getting them instead.  

Eventually, people started thinking that I was trying to pull some kind of "I say I don't want them, but it just means that I really DO want them" kind of thing, which is completely untrue.  For the last five or six years, when someone DOES get me a present, I'll usually donate it to Salvation Army or Toys for Tots or someplace that offers presents to underprivileged kids.

Same for my birthday, but that is for different reasons and they are donated to different charities that I wish to not name.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By singular
jakob187 said:
"I don't allow people to get me Christmas presents.  I don't want them, and I don't like getting them.  I've actually gotten thoroughly pissed off at people for not respecting my wishes in that matter.  It seems rather improper for me to get presents when there are far less fortunate kids out there that should be getting them instead.  
Eventually, people started thinking that I was trying to pull some kind of "I say I don't want them, but it just means that I really DO want them" kind of thing, which is completely untrue.  For the last five or six years, when someone DOES get me a present, I'll usually donate it to Salvation Army or Toys for Tots or someplace that offers presents to underprivileged kids.

Same for my birthday, but that is for different reasons and they are donated to different charities that I wish to not name.
"

But, but the presents :*( Do you give presents to other people at Christmas?
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose
MB said:
"My Christmas list now consists of lists of things I'm buying for others.  You sort of stop making wish lists for yourself at a certain age."
Yup.

I already have some things on my list of things to get, most of the money i'm going to spend in a new TV for my mom because the one she has right now sucks ^_^
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Demyx

Don't really care much, maybe a Wii?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TheGamerGeek

A new computer, a Edge shirt, Guitar Hero World Tour, and some clothes are my main things.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Black_Raven

I know what I'm getting, all of its for my computer. A new motherboard (P5Q Deluxe), CPU(E7200) and 2 gigs of DOMINATOR ram. I'm paying for some of it though because its all kinda expensive. I'm also deciding on a good online FPS, either Team Fortress 2 or Left4Dead.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
SinGulaR said:
"jakob187 said:
"I don't allow people to get me Christmas presents.  I don't want them, and I don't like getting them.  I've actually gotten thoroughly pissed off at people for not respecting my wishes in that matter.  It seems rather improper for me to get presents when there are far less fortunate kids out there that should be getting them instead.  

"

But, but the presents :*( Do you give presents to other people at Christmas?"
I usually donate about 3-4 presents a year to charity, and it's never shitty stuff either.  That's the only presents I give out.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

Rock Band with the equipment, some DVDs and that's about it. A job would be nice too, but I doubt Father Christmas is going to be that generous.

Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bonesofwar

Sure SM-57 Mics
Audix D6 Mic
Presonus Firestudio
Sabian Paragon Hi-hats

That's about it...It should be a very loud Christmas.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:

"
Im the same way, but i dont usually end up donating my gift, when a person puts enough thought into getting you a present, that means they were thinking of you when they get you something. It would disrespectful to the person who gave you the gift not to accept it.
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By samcotts
MB said:
"My Christmas list now consists of lists of things I'm buying for others.  You sort of stop making wish lists for yourself at a certain age."
Lies!

For a (still) jobless student, being generous to others is sorta out of the question.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By OGCartman

I'll be the one handing out most the presents, to little cousins and nieces/nephews and such.

God i miss waking up christmas morning, looking under the tree and getting some great presents. Then spending christmas with my parents, watching christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate :)

Well, enough reminising. I have a bunch of family staying over at my dad's since the Aga Khan visited Vancouver. My family knows im a gamer so il probably be getting random games from close family members.

Il be getting my mom a new LCD TV and my stepdad's watches :)

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By wefwefasdf
Fr0Br0 said:
"A job. I don't need anything. I'd rather buy something for other people, but the catch is I need the cash to do that first."
I'm in the same boat... I feel ya man.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gizmo

Kinda hoping for World Tour, but gotta pay back my dad for buying me a big-ass HDTV.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By brydello

I asked for some Blu-Ray movies and Prince of Persia.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By BiggerBomb

Not at all early for this thread, apparently retail sales are going to be down by around 50% at the major outlets so BestBuy and others may be ordering less to put in stock. It would be a good idea to purchase what you want early on.

What I'd like this year is as follows:

-Gears of War 2

-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

-One other game, maybe Left 4 Dead. I'm not sure yet.

-Some type of back massaging device, I have a bad back from lugging around my backpack all day and not using a locker. I can't stand lockers.

-Maybe a hoody or something else.

This will be a relatively light Christmas, but I'm fucking looking forward to it! Christmas morning is the day where I get to be a little boy again, I can't wait!

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Fallout 3, MK vs. DC, LittleBigPlanet, Dead Space: Downfall, and some pants.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gizmo
BiggerBomb said:
"Not at all early for this thread, apparently retail sales are going to be down by around 50% at the major outlets so BestBuy and others may be ordering less to put in stock. It would be a good idea to purchase what you want early on.

What I'd like this year is as follows:

-Gears of War 2

-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

-One other game, maybe Left 4 Dead. I'm not sure yet.

-Some type of back massaging device, I have a bad back from lugging around my backpack all day and not using a locker. I can't stand lockers.

-Maybe a hoody or something else.

This will be a relatively light Christmas, but I'm fucking looking forward to it! Christmas morning is the day where I get to be a little boy again, I can't wait!"
Bomb, get Left 4 Dead.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiggerBomb

I really want to, but so many people are saying that the lack of content is a huge disappointment. I don't want to get it and find that no one is playing it and I also think I've missed any chance of getting in a L4D bombing run.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gizmo
BiggerBomb said:
"I really want to, but so many people are saying that the lack of content is a huge disappointment. I don't want to get it and find that no one is playing it and I also think I've missed any chance of getting in a L4D bombing run."
The game is like Counter Strike, not meant to be played like the conventional fps game, it's meant to be played over and over again, it is SO different every time you play through.
Plus, the Versus mode is insanely awesome.
But yeah, a couple more versus campaigns would be incredible.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm still trying to decide which one out of Sonic Unleashed, Prince Of Persia or Tomb Raider I'd most like.

Some enthusiasm would be nice too.

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By theshadow027

Xbox 360 Elite
Halo 3
Oblivion: Game Of The Year Edition
Bioshock

It's going to be a really light Christmas for me with games because I have a school trip to Quebec soon and it's going to cost a couple thousand dollars... might get some other good Xbox games after and I'm getting Rock band 2 a week later on my Birthday.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By lazyturtle

My wife to go on a shopping spree at Fredericks of Hollywood.

Someone to watch my kids for the day (not at my house). 
a new PC.
A new generation console (I think I want a 360)
A new TV.
A job.