PC Gamers top 100 greatest PC games of all time.

• 78 results
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I stopped caring after i saw how far down Hotline Miami is.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By cornbredx

In the 90s they had these lists in magazines about celebrities or cars or something.

Now they have them on the internet.

It's not new, and it's just their opinion.

There are decent games on this list and while I don't think Skyrim is #1 all time best game up to this point, it's based on the opinions of the people who wrote it and has nothing to do with what you think.

They didn't have a staff meeting and ask "What would enrage video game nerds more?" When they made the list.

I like, though, how you insinuate only a 14 year old would be ok with this list. The top 10 seems fine, it has good games on it. It's not my all time top 10 but I really wouldn't have expected it to be.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I definitely think there are better lists out there, way too many newer games to even warrent the lists integrity... but its only one persons view.. not the majority and were some games in the list that should be in there, whether the list in the right order or not..........

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

46. Dark Souls

bestPC games. 'nuff said

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

To be fair a lot of the classic PC games that people claim are the best ever made have aged terribly. If they were examining the games from a modern context than it might be hard to put games like that on there.

World of Goo is on there. Wow, so much credibility!

Have you played World of Goo? Because it's pretty awesome.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

congratulations, you all fell into their trap.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JouselDelka

What would actually be amazing is if they open a massive poll for the entire PC gaming audience to vote on the 100 greatest titles.

Everyone's voices would be heard and we'd have a comprehensive list of what the PC community thinks.. Buuut I'm dreaming here.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top 10:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

2. Mass Effect 2

3. Half-Life 2

4. Team Fortress 2

5. Deus Ex

6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

7. Bioshock

8. Minecraft

9. Left 4 Dead 2

10. Starcraft II

That's a really crappy top ten, so I doubt the rest of the list would be any different. Mass Effect 2, while a good game, doesn't deserve to be anywhere NEAR a top 10 PC game list, since the controls are so freaking awful for the keyboard and mouse. Also, Morrowind is a far superior game on the PC than Skyrim was IMO. Bioshock? What? WHY? Does anyone even REMEMBER that game except for the twist? Seriously, that game being on there is absolutely stupid. Starcraft 2 shouldn't be there either, I would put Brood War way ahead of that (Especially since the story in SC2 is so dumb I feel dumber every time I decide to play it).

This list is dumb. The only two games I think have any right to be up there in that top ten list is Minecraft, due to how influential it was, and it created an entirely new genre, and MAYBE Half-Life 2. The rest is garbage.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

This is just a weird list. Torchlight at 80, Diablo 3 at 96 and no Diablo 1 or 2?
Dragon Age in the top 25 (ahead of Baldur's Gate 2), but no KOTOR? Left 4 Dead 2 in the top 10? This just seems arbitrary. Only one game in the top 10 not released in the past console generation?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

That "top 10" is shady as fuck.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@ninessc2: That's an astonishingly bad top 10; at least IGN tends to have some decent games at the top of the list amidst retardation elsewhere. Starcraft 2 is so much better than the game that it is a carbon copy of, yes indeed!

Edit: They did pick the best Supreme Commander miraculously! Free to play Spelunky is the 33rd best game of all time, one can only imagine how good the vastly superior version that's being released momentarily on PC will be! Age of Empires 1 is on the list with no mention of the latter games, and while none of them really deserve to be on the list the obvious choice is AoE 2.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pr1mus

Yeah how about no.

They should rename that top 10 to "Top 10 popular games from recent years with token classic thrown in for good measure".

I can't be bothered to look at the rest of this abomination.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: It was a dumb remark at the expense of an even dumber list, so lighten up, it's not to be taken seriously, neither is this list really as you pointed out.

I do agree with you though, that there are some pretty decent, if not great games on this top 100 list GREATEST OF ALL TIME. It's just the ordering of it and the games they choose to pick out of series that seems random and nonsensical, which makes it pretty funny (sad) and hard to take seriously. It seems like many have pointed out, a list of a single person, even though I guesstimate that Pc Gamer magazine should have more than one person working for them.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@crystaljdesign said:

I played the demo and thought it was pretty crummy; just out of interest, what makes you say it's awesome?

befo72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hunter5024 said:
@crystaljdesign said:

I played the demo and thought it was pretty crummy; just out of interest, what makes you say it's awesome?

Because it is. Awesome that is. I seem to remember it being very well reviewed too.

That said, no way would I put it on a top 100 list of all time though.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@befo72 said:

Because it is. Awesome that is. I seem to remember it being very well reviewed too.

So; it's good because people say it's good, therefore it's good? Well, that doesn't exactly sell me on the game :|

befo72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By befo72

@befo72 said:

So; it's good because people say it's good, therefore it's good? Well, that doesn't exactly sell me on the game :|

Stop being intentionally dense. If you're really that interested---which I know you're not---read a review. Why would I spend my time explaining to you why the game is good when you just said other peoples' opinions don't matter?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@befo72 said:

@beachthunder said:

@befo72 said:

Stop being intentionally dense. If you're really that interested---which I know you're not---read a review. Why would I spend my time explaining to you why the game is good when you just said other peoples' opinions don't matter?

I said that?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:
@crystaljdesign said:

Well it was a puzzle game that really made the player think without ever getting too complicated, it wasn't afraid to constantly introduce new mechanics, even if it flipped the gameplay on its head. Not only that but it had a good sense of humor about it, a ton of variety in the levels and environments, and even had a fun creepy atmosphere. It was really great for what it was.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Apparently most the best PC games of all time came out within the last console cycle. If that's the bizarre, comically-bad internal logic that this list operates by, so be it. Anyone who says that Dragon Age Origins is a better game than Baldur's Gate 2 is a bad person, even though I love Dragon Age.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Tyrrael

@tebbit:

I agree with you on all these except for Deus Ex: HR. I actually was playing it about 5 minutes before typing this, and it is still pretty damn amazing. And that's after already completing it 4 times. Although, as much as I like it, I would still say that 11 is a little high on the list. Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite PC game? And if you don't think you can list just 1 (I know I couldn't), then narrow it down to a handful.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

It would be cool if somebody organizes a Sight & Sound style greatest video games list instead of crap like this.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74  Edited By me3639

Ive never played WoW but for it not to be listed in the top ten along with CiV 4 or 5, IMO, makes the list not credible.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top 100 lists by any publication are always vapid garbage.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@me3639: Civ 2 is probably the best one to pick if you want to single one out; no need to have repeats of the same series in this sort of list unless they're wildly different a la Metroid Prime vs Super Metroid.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ok look I love Dark Souls but that PC port was and still is FUCKING BROKEN without mods, and DayZ is a mod and should not be counted as ARMA 2 is already on there.

Also these list are always fucking dumb and subjective to the list makers opinion and history with the games in question so I can't complain about anything else on there as hell its their opinion I just wish they wouldn't say that these are the best PC games of all time and start calling it the authors favorite PC games of all time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I remember when the top 10 of PC Gamers best 100 was reserved for titles such as Fallout 1 and 2, Diablo, StarCraft, Baldurs Gate, you know - classics.