Real talk, what are you feelings about Tiny Tina?

• 122 results
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Poll Real talk, what are you feelings about Tiny Tina? (548 votes)

I find her enjoyable/entertaining 26%
I am largely indifferent to her 34%
I find her genuinely off-putting 41%

Ever since Borderlands 2 came out, every thread about the game has eventually devolved into a lot of Tiny Tina bashing. With the new, Tiny Tina focused DLC on the way, I can't help but wonder if the people turned off by her are actually an incredibly vocal minority, or if Gearbox is making a huge mistake and leaving a ton of potential money on the table by focusing the final expansion on this divisive character.

Personally, I found her enjoyable in the occasional chuckle/wry smile kind of way that I appreciate most Borderlands humor.

• 
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258 said:

In the comments on the trailer, several people were accusing those that hated her of "jumping on the GB hate train because everyone else hates her".

That is not quite how I put it. Changing a few key words really twists the meaning of what was actually said and meant. Secondly general opinion =/= individual opinion. It's quite valid to have your own independent reasons for disliking the character. Which was mentioned in that very same post.

I wasn't specifically talking about you or to you, I was talking about several posters making that same general accusation. Look on it.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I know Vinny hates it when people do this but she is probably the worst character in the history of video games.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

@tennmuerti said:

@believer258 said:

In the comments on the trailer, several people were accusing those that hated her of "jumping on the GB hate train because everyone else hates her".

That is not quite how I put it. Changing a few key words really twists the meaning of what was actually said and meant. Secondly general opinion =/= individual opinion. It's quite valid to have your own independent reasons for disliking the character. Which was mentioned in that very same post.

I wasn't specifically talking about you or to you, I was talking about several posters making that same general accusation. Look on it.

Well it was me specifically who used that phrase you quoted incorrectly, so yea i took offense as it seemed to be targeted at my post. /shrug

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

She and every other character in the Borderlands series are among my least favorite characters in gaming.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's awful, like all the character and dialogue stuff in Borderlands 2.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

indifference, she wasn't anywhere near as bad as claptrap in either game.

ashley burch does a good job as ayla in awesomenauts

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Nadril

Haven't played the game (and don't want to) but she seems very annoying and unfunny.

But then I guess you could say that about the rest of the game as well.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Borderlands 2 was painfully unfunny, still a fun game to play though. The origin of Tiny Tina makes me dislike the character, sort of in the same ballpark as why I didn't care for Chobot in ME3. (she however was optional)

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaminghooligan: Oh god, thanks a lot for reminding me Jessica Chobot was in ME3. Fucking hell.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#60  Edited By donutfever

Indifference: Gods Among Us.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She wasn't nearly as annoying as people made her out to be, and while I did find her to be a bit off-putting, I was mostly indifferent.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sorry everyone in this thread. You're all wrong and Tiny Tina is the best character ever. I'm really sorry you had to find out this way. I hope we can still be friends.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurahack said:

I don't know why you'd let yourself be so bothered over a character that doesn't actually exist.

Scrappy Dappy DOOOOOOOOOO!!!

UpInLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she is just annoying her voice and what she is saying just SUcKs so bad

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like Tiny Tina. She's an amusing character. It's not so much what she says but how she says things that I find funny. I don't understand how anyone could get offended by her. She's just an exuberant 13 year old with a sugar rush.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bigjeffrey
TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Tiny Tina in the Torgue DLC much more than in the regular game. She had her moments though.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@oldirtybearon: An "exuberant 13 year old on a sugar rush" is a pretty good description of something I never want to be around or have to listen to. I don't recall hearing anyone claiming offense to Tiny Tina, just insufferable annoyance.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Meh, I've seen worse. I've also seen better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The masses are usually wrong. Tiny Tina is great.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#71  Edited By bobafettjm

I don't really care either way. I did find some lines funny and others not so much, but the same could be said about all the other lines in the game too.

Oh, I also kind of like the ClapTrap, so there.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushpusherr said:

@oldirtybearon: An "exuberant 13 year old on a sugar rush" is a pretty good description of something I never want to be around or have to listen to. I don't recall hearing anyone claiming offense to Tiny Tina, just insufferable annoyance.

Yeah, go back and read the Tiny Tina threads during the Borderlands 2 release. People were fucking vile towards a fictional character. It made me laugh my ass off, personally, but if those were the reactions of people who were merely annoyed, I'd hate to see the kind of meltdown that'd happen when they're outright pissed off.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

She is a particularly annoying character in a game populated by them. At least you don't have to listen to her the entire game the way you have to listen to Handsome Jack.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Nux

I like her. I understand the hate but I still like her as a character.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By musubi

I'm glad the correct answer is winning the polls here. Giantbomb is on the right side of history here.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NTM

I read the title as, what are you feelings about Tina Turner.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Tiny Tina was no more or less crazy or essentric than any other person out on Pandora.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really don't like Tiny Tina(probably because I don't like either Burch), but I also won't pretend like she's the worst thing in video game history, or even in Borderlands 2 for the matter.

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By plasticstars

Tina Tina is a deliberately stupid character, and white I'm not particularly fond of her I can't say that she bothers me. Although I am a fan of Ashly Burch.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By Vonocourt

I never really found much of the writing in Borderlands 2 funny, but I thought it helped contribute to a fun and light atmosphere that I felt worked despite it being constantly manic. Tiny Tina though, was pretty much the game's personality concentrated into a singular character, with her obnoxious jokes and in your face delivery felt really abrasive compared to the rest of the game's humor.

But I didn't finish Borderlands 2, so take that for what it's worth.

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HerpDerp

@gaminghooligan: Same, the reason for her characters existence is really what disgusts me in the first place. I hate when writers/directors insert there relatives or friends into games/movies for some free stardom.

But that aside, she's a pretty mediocre character who hands out barely any quests, and much like most characters in BL2, makes me question why they even exist in the first place when I'm only in an area for like 4 to 5 missions and then I'm gone, never to see those characters again.

marblecmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I can kind of appreciate what they're going for, but I can't say I thought she was a very funny character most of the time.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found her annoying because the jokes weren't funny. If they were funny, then she wouldn't have annoyed that much or at all. But since the jokes weren't really funny to me, it was just boring to have to listen to her which made her annoying to me.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's stupid, but she's supposed to be. I think people take her way too seriously. She's a hoot and I enjoy her because of her stupidity and general randomness. So I picked the first option.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bushpusherr said:

Yeah, go back and read the Tiny Tina threads during the Borderlands 2 release. People were fucking vile towards a fictional character. It made me laugh my ass off, personally, but if those were the reactions of people who were merely annoyed, I'd hate to see the kind of meltdown that'd happen when they're outright pissed off.

The internet is where hyperbole reigns.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I like her. I like Ashley and her brother. A lot more than claptrap.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was pretty indifferent, some of her lines were pretty funny and she was obviously a character using her strange personality to cover up trauma. I could see why she might have been annoying to some, but I don't think she was ever used enough in the game to become annoying, unlike Claptrap in the original.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

She is one of the many things I really, really hated about that game (most of which revolved around the game's attempts at humor and obnoxious characters, some of which was aimed at the mission structure, gameplay, etc.). Removing her from the game entirely would have made for a better game, in my opinion.

Gearbox also took Claptrap from kind of endearing to the worst thing ever between 1 and 2 so it's kind of that series thing, I guess.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed once throughout her whole section in the game and it was mostly a half-hearted chuckle than anything else. I don't despise her, I just find her annoying.

Lexus2jz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real Talk: She was the only time I laughed playing the whole game. I will be buying this dlc.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I won't necessarily say I "enjoyed" her, but I liked her more than many, and just enough to say I wasn't indifferent towards the character. Even if there wasn't a season pass for the game, I would still buy this last piece of DLC without batting an eye, looks interesting and fun in how areas can change with barely a moment's notice.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really disliked the tone of BL2 in general, it felt like they took the stuff that makes Hey Ash Watcha Playin' funny and kicked it up wayyyyy to many notches.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the character works. They tried to do a bunch of different things with her personality and it just comes off as forced. Not funny as I think (?) was the intention.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I liked her. My kind of silly and goofy. And I appreciated the fact that she is pretty different from typical videogame archetypes . Yeah her character's Schtick is not exactly new stuff on the interwebs, but I haven't seen it much in games. I'd even go as far to say her character was the funniest in the game. The rest was pretty run of the mill stuff.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tiny Tina sucks... still. Obnoxious brat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find Tiny Tina completely hilarious! Just like the rest of the Borderlands cast.

I laughed at almost every single thing everyone says or does. And Tiny Tina was / is my favorite part of the game, She catered to the kind of humor and characters I like in a video game. (or other media)

Maybe everybody is just up in arms about her because she's a young female character killing people? Is that it? Or is everybody that was disappointed in Borderlands 2 (Why would you be?) blame it on her?

I like her. I'm glad I get to see her in a crazy new Dungeon Master role, that seems like a great use of her character. And I'll be picking up the DLC... not on the first day. I'll be away from my PC (All PC's actually) for a while and won't be able to play the DLC for a week or two at least. Me sad.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#98  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I never played the game. Anyone got a video of her?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say I'm rather indifferent when it comes to these characters. I have seen far worse characters in other games and when it gets to that point it is pretty easy to just mute the game and listen to something else. It's not that hard to ignore a terrible character. I have seen far worse characters in what many consider the greatest games of all time.