Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

PC Gears of War 2?

snake6phw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By snake6phw

I think I saw Cliff say somewhere that they weren't working on a Gears 2 for PC at the time, but does that entirely rule it out for the future? I hope not, because I sold my 360 and NEED to play the sequel to Gears. What do you think??

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SamStrife

IMO, saying there won't be a PC version is just to make sure the 360 version sells.  If gamers knew that in the future there will be a souped up PC version with more content, it may deter from initial sales as people are waiting for the "complete" version.  It'll come, I'm sure of it.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By xplodedd

there will be a PC version, only around a year later...
    and as for this:SamStrife said:

"IMO, saying there won't be a PC version is just to make sure the 360 version sells.  If gamers knew that in the future there will be a souped up PC version with more content, it may deter from initial sales as people are waiting for the "complete" version.  It'll come, I'm sure of it."
    i am not sure how much more content will they put, it seems like they are throwing a lot into gears 2.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

I thought he plainly said they weren't going to bring it to the PC. 

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SamStrife
    xplodedd said:
    "i am not sure how much more content will they put, it seems like they are throwing a lot into gears 2."
    There's always room if it means they can sell the game at full price again.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

I'm sure they're will be at some point..don't listen to anything you hear anytime recently or after the game ships, its just so if people want to buy it he makes sure they buy it on the 360..I don't doubt it will hit the Pc sometime next year.

snake6phw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By snake6phw

Thanks for the optimism guys. That is my one regret since selling my 360, that I wouldn't be able to play Gears 2, and I hope I won't be forced to miss out on it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf
    snake6phw said:
    "Thanks for the optimism guys. That is my one regret since selling my 360, that I wouldn't be able to play Gears 2, and I hope I won't be forced to miss out on it."
    Some would consider waiting a year missing out. ;-) 
    Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aaron89
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "snake6phw said:
    "Thanks for the optimism guys. That is my one regret since selling my 360, that I wouldn't be able to play Gears 2, and I hope I won't be forced to miss out on it."
    Some would consider waiting a year missing out. ;-) "
    I'd consider one week missing out. Honestly, seeing everyone playing would drive me nuts.

Also, EPIC said the same thing about the original; "Absolutely no Gears of War for the PC." Guess what happened about one year later? However, it would actually make sense for them not to do a PC version, and focus primarily on the Xbox 360 DLC/patches/updates. It sold much better on the console, and every Xbox Fanboy was in flames that EPIC released it, with more content, on another platform.

Anyway, no one knows for sure if they're just bluffing to spike the console sales ...
    snake6phw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By snake6phw
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "snake6phw said:
    Some would consider waiting a year missing out. ;-) "
    I doubt that I won't have other game to keep me busy during that time :)
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

Well put it this way if they release Gears 2 on the PC eventually they need to do a better job than what they did with Gears 1 on the PC. Adding in bonus content does not make up for bugs and glitches that should NEVER have been in there to begin with. I could never understand how the PC version was so buggy when they had plenty time and money to make a decent PC, less buggy or dare i say bug free, version.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By SpecTackle

They were late to confirm a PC version of the first game, and it may very well be true that Epic won't be doing the pc version of gears 2. Gearbox however, can and has done such things in the past and while I'm not a Halo fan, I hear they do a good port job.

baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By baller

There is no doubt that they won't release it for PC. Just gotta wait longer that's all.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DARKIDO07

I though Cliff specifically said that they weren't going to make a PC version of Gears of War 2 altogether.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Player1
    SamStrife said:
    "IMO, saying there won't be a PC version is just to make sure the 360 version sells.  If gamers knew that in the future there will be a souped up PC version with more content, it may deter from initial sales as people are waiting for the "complete" version.  It'll come, I'm sure of it."
    Yep, I agree. This game could very well be a system seller. So I'm sure microsoft doesn't want to announce it will come out for the pc just yet. I would expect it though. Maybe a year/year and a half after release. 
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By xruntime
    Player1 said:
    "SamStrife said:
    Yep, I agree. This game could very well be a system seller. So I'm sure microsoft doesn't want to announce it will come out for the pc just yet. I would expect it though. Maybe a year/year and a half after release. "
    SamStrife hit it on the button.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Vlademir

In a IGN(?) interview he basically admitted that there will be a Gears 2 on PC with more features, just like Gears 1 but that you will need to wait while all the 360 people are having fun.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aurelito

^^ As i remember, He also claimed that probably Epic Games is not to make that port.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Systech

They said that they weren't working on it. Who's to say it isn't someone else?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.