Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA V Official Trailer.

• 163 results
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#51 chaser324  Moderator

@phileskyline: Yeah, two weeks isn't really a big deal to me considering the volume of single player content that appears to be available.

It'll benefit Rockstar by reducing used sales during that launch window (when they really hurt the most) and give them some extra polish time. It could also possibly benefit the players a bit by providing a solid base of people familiar with all of the game's mechanics.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Wampa1

@chaser324: I feel like GTA IV's Multiplayer got lost in the shuffle of everything else going on in the game. There's so much content in V already people might just burn out on the mechanics, wait two weeks and people might want back in.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

That really blew my mind. The fact that $60 Will get you all of that single player stuff and I guess a free download of the Multiplayer portion at a later date is crazy. I mean, dude its basically GTA the MMO. My snarky ass usually has some smart ass comment to make about everything but just straight up genuinely impressed by that trailer.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1: Also using your phone to access the multiplayer was not very convenient. Its great to see Rockstar`s ambition here.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JouselDelka

GTAV Online supports six...teen players per world/server?

Sixteen? as in, eight times two? That's it? What a shame :(

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: Ugh, yeah I forgot about that really sluggish and unclear on how to set everything up which is sort of how I see GTA IV as a whole now.

Anyone else miss old Rockstar narrator? Guy who did Max Payne 3's and Read Dead's videos was great.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

With it only being 16 players, I suspect that in practice it's going to be less spectacular than the trailer makes it seem. I'm sure it'll be very great fun to play with a group of friends, but the trailer presents it as this ground breaking online world that I don't think it's going to be in reality. It'll be fun, but not as amazing as this trailer paints it to be.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Darji

@mattyftm: read all the previews that poped up. IT is basically GTA online.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FourWude

NO ONE GAME CAN HAVE ALL DAT GAME.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mattyftm said:

With it only being 16 players, I suspect that in practice it's going to seem less spectacular than the trailer makes it seem. I'm sure it'll be very great fun to play with a group of friends, but the trailer presents it as this ground breaking online world that I don't think it's going to be in reality. It'll be fun, but not as amazing as this trailer paints it to be.

Indeed, the 16 player count really limits the potential and makes me way less excited for it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@mattyftm: Maybe, but some of the things it sounds like they're doing with persistence across all players sound cool. Also, if the transition between single player and multiplayer instances is as smooth as some of the preview content indicates, it could go a long way to making it feel bigger.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PeasantAbuse

My lawd, that scene where the dude parachutes off his dirt bike has got me hyped.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

With it only being 16 players, I suspect that in practice it's going to seem less spectacular than the trailer makes it seem. I'm sure it'll be very great fun to play with a group of friends, but the trailer presents it as this ground breaking online world that I don't think it's going to be in reality. It'll be fun, but not as amazing as this trailer paints it to be.

Indeed, the 16 player count really limits the potential and makes me way less excited for it.

I agree. 16 players is very disappointing; but the game has to run properly on current consoles; so maybe new consoles and PC (if announced) will see a higher cap?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 chaser324  Moderator

@funkydupe: If anything, I think GTA Online probably further supports the possibility of PC and next gen releases.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to the mod who put the previews in this thread. i got a little side tracked!

MondyofAus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty awesome. Still waiting on that PC announcement though.

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HoM3R

WOW biggest thing from reading the preview is that they confirm that GTA Online will go beyond the map of GTA 5 in the future. To me this confirms aswell next-gen / PC versions and a player count going above 16 in the future.

Although I think 16 is ok for now maybe even abit much in a open world of this size, because making it fun and playable they either need to limit the players freedom or the number of players. A map with loads of players running (shooting, driving, flying) around like headless chicken is only fun for about half a hour.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cmblasko

Wow, I wasn't too interested in GTAV until watching that video. If all of that stuff works well it is going to be a pretty spectacular experience.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beautiful, hell I'm going as far to say magnificent and I don't even use that word.

Thanks for showing us this footage Jimmyfenix. You did a great public service for notifying us with this information.

Btw... I can see alot of real gangmembers having loads of fun with GTA online LOL!

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@falserelic:

If you see alot of gangmembers you should probably try to leave the area you are in right now, unless you are part of the gang.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually I'm not that excited about GTA games but man...

http://i.minus.com/ib0avuyOTbgL8H.gif

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

Agreed.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I don't know, seems like a bigger and better version of IV's multiplayer, not sure why some people are going that crazy over it. I mean I really cannot wait for V, the reaction the multiplayer video is getting is the same reaction I had to the singleplayer video...

I guess people wan't a GTA MMO-like a lot more than I do, but whenever I think about that all I can remember is the awful time I had in both IV and Red Dead's free roam multiplayer. I guess we'll see how well they handle the griefing aspect. Although, the amount of griefing possible in GTA is incredibly varied and interesting, so maybe that will work in it's favour.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death_burnout: I see where you coming from. It was the same for me for The last of us. When i heard that was getting multiplayer i was like "Fuck that noise" But i played it and it was surprisingly good. I think people are excited because you can tell they put work into both Multiplayer and Single Player unlike other games like Tomb Raider and Far Cry who had tacked on Multiplayer and weren't that great.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#76  Edited By emfromthesea

Gaaaah. Stop trying to make me live with you, GTA V.

I hate you!

I love you!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jimmyfenix

updated again. Rockstar will not use online passes or sell this as a separate product.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#78  Edited By Yummylee

This fucking game... I'm trying to temper my excitement, for the off-chance that the game isn't actually all that, but Rockstar are making it really goddamn hard >_<

if yana saiyan

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By fattony12000

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hell.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad there is a game I can be excited about again! Thank you GTA5!

Bdawg2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bdawg2002

@mattyftm said:

With it only being 16 players, I suspect that in practice it's going to be less spectacular than the trailer makes it seem. I'm sure it'll be very great fun to play with a group of friends, but the trailer presents it as this ground breaking online world that I don't think it's going to be in reality. It'll be fun, but not as amazing as this trailer paints it to be.

I think your wrong...16 players is just the right amount, If you have played gta 4 on the pc you will realize more players dose not always equal more fun. Its not the amount of people that is ground breaking, It's the level of detail they have put into this game. While doing robberies...you can use your mic to yell at the person your robbing to make him load the money bag faster. You can buy insurance so if somebody steals your car or it blows up, you can buy a replacement car back at a nominal fee. You can invest in stock markets, Buy properties customize almost every aspect of your character.

For an Online sandbox game, GTA 5 looks extremely ground breaking.

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Banshee

The website has been updated. 3 tiles, 8 new screens, the new Trevor artwork that's been seen on the ad murals and high res GTA Online artwork photo.

Ties:

Exclusive Country Clubs: A lush golf course in the desert? Is it a mirage? No, it's a byproduct of sensible water usage so that the well-heeled can hit the links at the exclusive Los Santos Country Club. Come rub shoulders and tee off with the privileged and pompous

Local Artisans: Visit one of our local tattoo parlors like Ink Inc or Blazing Tattoo and let one of the talented and highly-trained artists help you make a decision that will last forever.
    Serenity & Wellness: Whether it’s the Downward Dog pose or the more advanced Dropping Fire Log, there are many fulfilling and compromising positions you can contort yourself into with the help of an expert like Master Private Yoga Instructor, Fabien LaRouche.

Screens:

Artwork:

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jimmyfenix

@banshee: All looking good. Especially the Yoga part on the website if you know what i mean !

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DharmaBum

I really hope Michael walks in on his wife and the yoga instructor in one of those positions.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch your backs fools, things are starting to leak.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peasantabuse: I will change the title to make sure anyone reading knows whats up.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#87  Edited By Nekroskop

The game has leaked. Sony accidentally put the pre-load up for everyone to download. Some people are working on decrypting the files as we speak. So far they've gotten audio of a few cut-scenes and the themesong.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game has leaked. Sony accidentally put the pre-load up for everyone to download. Some people are working on decrypting the files as we speak. So far they've gotten audio of a few cut-scenes and the themesong.

holy shit that sounds bad. Was it a preview copy for journalists or how is this possible?

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, happens with pre-loads on Steam alot too, no real surprise there.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DharmaBum
    @nekroskop said:

Damn that's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to be more cautious now.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herpderp: yeah stuff like the music list is not that bad actually. I am kind of getting hyped seeing all these songs on the list^^

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darji said:

@nekroskop said:

holy shit that sounds bad. Was it a preview copy for journalists or how is this possible?

No it was just a cock-up with the digital pre-order over PSN.

http://n4g.com/news/1339220/grand-theft-auto-5-details-may-leak-as-hacker-accesses-preload

It's only a rumour, but certain seedy sites claim they've gotten the .pkg(PS3 install package file),gotten information off it and might be able to run it off a PS3 with CFW.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: It was bound to happen, Gears of war 3 got leaked 5 months before its release. Time to be extra vigilant now.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Krullban

@darji: It was bound to happen, Gears of war 3 got leaked 5 months before its release. Time to be extra vigilant now.

Yeah, I should probably leave every GTA forum from now on. Seems that the entire games audio is out there.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95  Edited By Seppli

Foolishly listend to a podcast, where-in they talked about all the shit the ESRB disclosed together with their age rating. Halfway through, I noticed I didn't need to hear all that. Flippin' spoilers!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jimmyfenix

@seppli: I usually listen to GTA V O`clock but had to stop cause they were going to talk about the ESRB stuff in detail!.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#97  Edited By BaneFireLord

Is it weird that I am more excited to play fake golf in a GTA game than I am to shoot guys?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banefirelord: Nope but I am more interested in the stock market. Cant wait to see how much damage i can do with it!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jimmyfenix

GTA V has gone gold!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By emfromthesea

Argh. Urge to pre-order..increasing. Gotta wait though. If the console version is lackluster (particularly the PS3 version), I'll hold out for next-gen/PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.