Well this has troubled me for 1 whole year is Halo better than Call Of Duty 4. At the moment I play C.O.D.4 But some times i play Halo and most people on C.O.D.4 say Halo is rubbish
Is Halo better than Call of Duty 4
Halo Is Good To Play Split Screen With Your Friends Not with Some Random People Online
Cod 4 Is Good To Play Online With Randoms But Not Split Screen
Plus Halo 3 Experience System Is Crap Compared To Cod4 Bcos In Halo3 You Dont Get Anything If You Dont Win Or Anything New For Leveling Up But In Cod4 Even If You Lose You get Some Experience And Every Level You Always Unlock Something
In my opinion yes, I love Call of Duty 4 but the campaign is very linear and offers nothing particularly new whereas Halo offers a lot of emergent gameplay, couple that with Halo's brilliant online, forge, custom games etc and I think Halo is definitely the superior game.
"Not a good example. Watching people racing on pigs is always much better than watching people in cars.
whats better boar races or car races?
it think its a matter of personal opinion, both a very good games and i think it depends on what style best suits you"
I think Halo 3 is a much better and more well rounded experiences and this is why:
- In Halo 3 the weapons are a lot more balanced meaning that it's easy for even newbies to get kills. In CoD you often get matched with people who are a higher level and have a better weapon, which brings me onto my next point.
- In Halo 3 the matchmaking system is a billion times better than the one in CoD. 9/10 times in Halo the games go right down to the wire, in CoD it’s a different story.
- Vehicles. CoD has no usable ones whatsoever.
- As much as I enjoy the CoD campaign, Halo 3's campaign is longer and has vehicles, making it a better experience. Halo 3 also has a variety of types of encounter, in CoD you're generally at close range and only occasionally at long.
- Halo 3 is the best playing FPS of all time, no buts and no excpetions. CoD is only so popular because of the iron sighting, infact if you think about it CoD gunplay isn't that amazing, even if it is fast paced and frenetic.
- Forge; the variety of Custom games you can make with forge is infinite.
- Save Films; someone say Machinima?
- Halo 3 requires more skill. You may debate this as much as you like, but it does. For anyone who plays at a high level, e.g Commander or above, knows how important Battle Rifle control is and people might argue that sniping is difficult in CoD, but frankly, I think it's a lot more difficult in Halo (people move faster). CoD4 on the other hand requires very little skill or intelligence, there's no grenade deflecting, no equipment, little radar watching; knives kill in one hit, and you can kill a person with most weapons in about a half a second burst. This does make CoD easier to get into than Halo in some ways and the skill of players in Halo does sometimes work against newbies. But I say persevere.
- Medals; possibly the best thing ever in a game; there's nothing better than hearing the announcer say "Overkill" (except when he says "Killtacular").
- The map design in Halo trumps CoD4 significantly; CoD4 map design is pretty lazy I tend to think, with many of the maps being cut-off parts of the single player game, whilst doesn’t necessarily detract from the fun; in my opinion it adds to the balancing issues. In Halo 3, however all the maps are excellent and well crafted (even Isolation, especially Isolation). Any Halo player who hasn't downloaded the Legendary map pack do it now! Avalanche is possibly the best big map in Halo history and Ghost Town is surprisingly good. It goes without saying that I love Blackout. The maps that shipped are also pretty good. Guardian and Valhalla are probably the pick of the bunch. Other maps like the Pit and Construct are also pretty darn awesome, not to forget High Ground!
So there you go; there are my reasons for liking Halo more than CoD. That and the fact I've played through all the Halo games a Billion times. Most people playing Halo online right now are people who have played the prior games in the series and loved them and most people who play CoD haven't given Halo much of a chance. This whole rant or whatever you may call it doesn't mean I hate CoD. On the contrary I do still play CoD4 relatively often and have enjoyed almost all of its prequels; I just find the shooting so much more repetitive than Halo’s.
They are both great, but CoD4 is better in almost every way. You've got an awesome(yet short) single player campaign. But when you think about it, Halo 3's wasn't THAT much longer was it? Multiplayer on CoD4 is a lot better too although Halo 3's is still fun also. Forge is awesome though, I'll give them that.
singleplayer i prefer halo 3. multiplayer, i still go for halo 3. halo 3 is more unique, cod 4 becomes boring once you realize that it plays almost exactly like cs gungame with maps ripped off from the singleplayer. i also agree with dartendaspartan on most of his points except for where he says its the best game ever made. another point that should be added is that halos ranking system might be fustrating, but it does a better job of telling how good you are at the game. cod 4s ranking system is just a tiered unlock system.
OK they're not fucking comparable COD4 requires an extremely different play style than halo 3. let me put it this way in halo to avoid shots people jump, in call of duty if you jump not only will you be laughed at alot, I mean alot, you'll also get shot in the balls. If you prefer one game to the other that's you but on a scale of which ones better they're too different to say.
IMO, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has both the better campaign and multiplayer mode. Infinity Ward manage to capture the feel of competitive online play and it's just so damn addictive. Also, who doesn't love some single player on Veteran difficulty, it's just an thrill ride from start to finish.
Halo 3 in my opinion. I think its a much better balanced game and a much better experience online with forge, custom games, photos, saved films ect. I just didn't like Call of Duty 4, it ruined everything that the first game on the PC brought to the table in terms of Epicness. (I want another Epic battle like Stalingrad god damnit!)
Half-Life>Gears of War(While I found Gears of War 1 lacking, it shows much more promise than Halo does)>Halo>Battlefield>Call of Duty>>>>>>>>>>Call of Duty 4 (Call of Duty 1 was amazing but the 4th one kinda ruined it so its kinda off on its own.)
"DualReaver said:Until Call of Duty 5 comes out. Seriously that is the major downfall that will eventually kill Call of Duty is Activision wants one out every year."Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll noCouldn't have said it better.
COD4 for life"
In my opinion Halo 3 feels like a more complete game even though the campaign dropped a bit in quality near the end. But they're both awesome.
My main gripe against COD4 was it was so damn short and pretty much COD2 with a moderns setting, and the enemy still just kept on comming until you reached a certain spot on the map and they all pretty much had perfect aim, especially on the higher difficulties. The multiplayer thouhg is excellent
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.