Hey, Here Are Some Halo: Reach Screenshots

• 122 results
Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -

While I'm normally not the type to devote an entire story to DUDE NEW SCREENSHOTS, the nature of Halo: Reach's previous shots--most of which were crappy cell phone snaps taken of some sort of beta by some guy who felt the need to Photoshop his favorite guitar player's name on them--makes these at least a little bit more interesting. 

For the record, I briefly thought about pasting a picture of Tom Morello onto all of these shots, just to be a dick. 

Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -

While I'm normally not the type to devote an entire story to DUDE NEW SCREENSHOTS, the nature of Halo: Reach's previous shots--most of which were crappy cell phone snaps taken of some sort of beta by some guy who felt the need to Photoshop his favorite guitar player's name on them--makes these at least a little bit more interesting. 

For the record, I briefly thought about pasting a picture of Tom Morello onto all of these shots, just to be a dick. 

Staff
#2 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -

Hmm, looks like a Halo game.

#3 Edited by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Almost all of these were in Game Informer.

Also, needs moar color.

#4 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Looks like halo.

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Doesn't look bad.

#6 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -

dude, you desaturated my halo.

#7 Posted by AndrooD2 (224 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" Looks like halo. "
#8 Posted by Milkman (16810 posts) -

Dude, it's Halo.

#9 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Eh

#10 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

Fill me in here, what does Tom Morello have to do with Halo: Reach?

#11 Posted by mano521 (1224 posts) -

well at least they changed something,   sorta.  my big turn off for ODST was that it was like.. exactly the same as halo 3 only 2 years later.

#12 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Elites were always so much more fun to fight against than Brutes.

#13 Edited by Jimbo (9815 posts) -

Halo:  Republic Commando. 

ALL SPARTANS.  Srsly, if it plays anything like Republic Commando then I am already infinitely more interested in this than I have been any previous Halo game.
#14 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -
@Aas said:
" Fill me in here, what does Tom Morello have to do with Halo: Reach? "
#15 Posted by Mr_Bubbles (174 posts) -
@Kibblez said:
" Hmm, looks like a Halo game. "
#16 Posted by themangalist (1736 posts) -

the art direction could've been so much better. I thought reach was an enormous industrial complex planet with fallen frigates and acid rain....

and now it's just some mountains and pine trees and... sigh.

#17 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" Looks like halo. "
#18 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Needs more colors and less bloom lighting.

#19 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

Yep, looks like a Halo game... which is a good thing in my eyes. I enjoyed ODST but it seemed too much of a stopgap, so I'm hoping that this title delivers more.

#20 Posted by wh1terav3n (659 posts) -

Looks good. Bungie said that these are from a build pre-thanksgiving too. Not bad though.

#21 Posted by Balaamsafe (140 posts) -

If MS had a sence of humour, they would have done that for you.

#22 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Halo:  Republic Commando.  ALL SPARTANS "
ALL UNITS
#23 Posted by Duffyside (890 posts) -

Wow, they made Halo more brown.

#24 Posted by Waffles13 (610 posts) -
@themangalist: 
Reach has always been an extremely Earth-like military center. Although I'm sure there'll be plenty of warehouse and factory levels at some point in the game.
#25 Posted by Duffyside (890 posts) -

I can't believe all these people saying it looks like Halo. No, not really. Halo has always been colorful, which in this day and age was really the only thing I liked about it. 

Brown.

#26 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Hm. I wonder what that blurred out thing on the HUD is in the 9th pic. 

Did they add something new I wasn't aware of?

#27 Posted by Scarabus (480 posts) -

Do not care.

#28 Posted by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

Look at where the crosshair is located. That's a screenshot of the Natal contols.

#29 Edited by Moztacular (467 posts) -
@stephengotlost said:

" Look at where the crosshair is located. That's a screenshot of the Natal contols. "

Nice eye, I noticed the same thing when reading through game informer's cover story this month (they have the same screenshot in their story).  Also in that same screenshot it's pretty clear something is being fudged/blurred out just above the radar (lower left corner)

PS: if people didn't know Halo: Reach is game informer's cover story this month.
#30 Posted by Brackynews (4083 posts) -
@Duffyside: Agreed. The vehicle is so colourful by comparison it looks like a Tonka truck.
I'm sure it will play just fine, but I need more than stills to be excited.  Actually, just release some music, that's all that really matters. ;)   MARTY! SAVE US!
#31 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@moztacular said:
" @stephengotlost said:

" Look at where the crosshair is located. That's a screenshot of the Natal contols. "

Nice eye, I noticed the same thing when reading through game informer's cover story this month (they have the same screenshot in their story).  Also in that same screenshot it's pretty clear something is being fudged/blurred out just above the radar (lower left corner) PS: if people didn't know Halo: Reach is game informer's cover story this month. "
Bungie claims that it was a glitch. 
#32 Posted by Shibbles (262 posts) -

Yep, that's definitely Halo.

#33 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

One of those enemies looks exactly like Christoper Lee.

#34 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

It looks noice, can't wait till a friend gets a build of it :D

#35 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

#36 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

My insights into these kinds of things is pretty fucking remarkable.
#37 Posted by crusnchill (856 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Halo:  Republic Commando. 

ALL SPARTANS.  Srsly, if it plays anything like Republic Commando then I am already infinitely more interested in this than I have been any previous Halo game. "
This.
#38 Posted by Ninja (535 posts) -

Tom Morello!

#39 Posted by AllThatBacon (526 posts) -

Yep. That's Halo.

#40 Edited by ArchV1le (232 posts) -

meh, rent 

edit: unless we get to play as Ghost ;)

#41 Posted by Eight (50 posts) -

Why would they try and resell Halo 3? Oh wait...

#42 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Dude, can't wait. 

#43 Posted by xyzygy (9998 posts) -
@Scarabus said:
" Do not care. "
Why post if you don't care? That's like walking into a bar just to tell everyone you don't drink. GTFO. 

Anyway, I think they look pretty good. I mean we've seen some of these before but I'm really interested in that one with the FPS view. I am loving the more gritty look. Also did anyone else notice how there is something censored in that shot, right above the radar? 

Can't wait to see the final product, it looks pretty good already and I can only imagine Bungie is going to make it look even better. The environments are a little bland but they will obviously fix that up - they're Bungie. I can't wait to see the awesome effects too... Bungie does effects so well.
#44 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Hey Jeff, you forgot one...

#45 Posted by tak (41 posts) -

The Halo 3 engine is showing its age.

#47 Posted by dargis49 (4 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Halo:  Republic Commando. 

ALL SPARTANS.  Srsly, if it plays anything like Republic Commando then I am already infinitely more interested in this than I have been any previous Halo game. "

@Jimbo: Republic Commando was a fine game.

It looks good for being 8 months away from being done. Go back and look at Halo 3. The character models look infinitely better than 3.
#48 Posted by Landon (4144 posts) -

Never been one for Halo, but this looks pretty cool.

#49 Posted by TheHBK (5486 posts) -

I am excited to see how this game turns out.  The jackals show the graphics are being greatly improved.

But damn, we have been talking about these screenshots in the forum for the past week, why so late?

#50 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

ALL UNITS SON.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.