Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Hawke is the second-in-command of the Black Hole Army from Advance Wars 2
. Unlike his subordinates Hawke is cold, calculating and deals with every opponent seriously. Not much is known about him or his motives.
Troops under Hawke's command receive a small firepower boost. His CO Powers, Black Wave and Black Storm, have a long charge time but deal damage to the enemy while healing his own forces. CO Stats:
- 110% to attack.
- CO Power: Black Wave- Does 1hp damage to all enemy units. Does 1hp healing to all his units. 110% to defense.
- Super CO Power: Black Storm- Does 2hp damage to all enemy units. Does 2hp healing to all his units. 110% to defense.
Advance Wars 2 Campaign
Hawke leads the invasion of Green Earth
and nearly conquers it before Jess and other COs arrive to help Eagle and Drake fight back. Eventually he is overpowered and disappears after suffering a defeat at the Green Earth factory mission. He reappears later during the final mission of the game to kill Sturm
and assume command of the Black Hole Army, stopping a catastrophic explosion in the process. He justifies his actions as a "test of his power".
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Hawke returns in Advance Wars: Dual Strike
not as the leader of Black Hole, but as a subordinate to Kindle
and Von Bolt
for unexplained reasons. He's one of the few COs in the game that has absolutely no changes to his stats from Advance Wars 2, making him capable as ever on the battlefield. CO Stats:
- 110% to attack.
- CO Power: Black Wave- Does 1hp damage to all enemy units. Does 1hp healing to all his units. 120% to attack and 110% to defense.
- Super CO Power: Black Storm- Does 2hp damage to all enemy units. Does 2hp healing to all his units. 120% to attack and 110% to defense.
- Tag Breaks: Lash- Rebel Yell, 110%. Andy- Shaky Alliance, 105%
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Campaign
Over the course of the Omega Land war, Hawke has a falling out with the way Black Hole conducts itself as an army. He seeks out the new leader, Von Bolt, to question what his true motives are. He gets no answers and is nearly killed before escaping with Lash to the desert. He's later rescued by the Allied Forces led by Rachel
and joins them in taking down the new Black Hole.
Hawke's actions in the last mission depends on what choice the player makes regarding Von Bolt's fate. If they choose no, Hawke will take matters into his own hands. It makes a small change in the dialogue but the end result is Hawke stealing Von Bolt's chair and restoring life to the land.