Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Infamous 2 First Gameplay

• 83 results
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Quacktastic

Looks like Infamous with a wall slide, vertical grinding and destructible buildings.  You know, awesome.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Vertrucio

Guys, remember that you're only hearing, what 2-3 lines from the new voice actor in this video? I actually like what I heard of him in the debut trailer. So everything is a work in progress. 

Didn't see people commenting on the new enemies though.  You guys notice how spry those guys looked, especially when you see two crossing the path in front of Cole before he chases after Bertrand? I have a sneaking suspicion that those new basic enemies will be able to keep up with Cole as he moves along roof tops. 

Also, really loving the new melee combat. Not every situation calls for shooting masses of lightning, especially when there's civvies around and you want to reduce collateral damage (and enemies are too close to use any of the bigger powers).  In Infamous 1 melee just didn't work since enemies just kept backing away, and cole had no range or power to his hits.  Now, taking a nod from Sly, cole has the Amp, basically his cattle prod which extends his reach and hitting power in melee. 

One major thing to note, though, is that while this may by in-game and in engine, it's still a very scripted demo sequence, journalists call it a vertical slice of a game where they take one small part of a game, polish it up, and show that off. 

But even so, it's all the same tech.  What's really amazing is if you go back and look at or play Infamous 1 like I'm doing. Infamous 2's world is so filled with color and interesting sights and people, along with some destructible environments.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By trophyhunter

Shit!!! that looked so fucking awesome.  
    I think that might the best looking game I've ever seen

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By mosdl
    @quantumshift5 said:
    " Everything is great, except the melee weapon that he uses, they could of gave him something that has a more sleek look to it, instead its all huge and ugly. "
    I like the fact that it isn't a perfectly built weapon - Cole isn't some genius scientist, he was a bike messenger!
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By mosdl
    @Vertrucio said:
    "What's really amazing is if you go back and look at or play Infamous 1 like I'm doing. Infamous 2's world is so filled with color and interesting sights and people, along with some destructible environments. "
    This is what has me the most excited - they are improving every part of the game, similar to the Uncharted series.
    Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Alphonzo
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " Gameplay looks good, no matter how much  hate the new Cole. "
    But could the old Cole take a helicopter to the face? 
    Exactly.
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Toxin066

I liked what I saw. Can't wait!

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Zereta

Might be the first time I have felt a real urge tp get a PS3... Not even Uncharted 2 did that. 

Graphics like that in an open world game? Mama mia

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Vertrucio

Heh, from the looks of it, Old Cole already took a helicopter to the face.  ;)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By LiquidPrince

Looking way better then the first game. Cole looks like Drake now... All they need is Nolan North voicing him and we're all set!

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zereta

Yea, the thing here is that this pretty much InFamous with Uncharted painted all over it. Hope it keeps the identity I felt they had in the first game.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Gruff182

That looks quite phenomenal, they've really stepped up the flow and visuals.

I'm still not happy about the new MTV Cole. I liked the old anti-hero graveley Cole, its what set him apart from almost every other hero.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vertrucio

Suckerpunch made it clear during E3 that they're listening. Cole's look will probably change again.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Jimbo

Car Tornado was pretty sick.

I think they need to speed up and smooth out the electro-transportation - it needs to flow more.  That car was escaping at about 5mph and he could barely catch up.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By fjordson

I think that looks fucking great. As someone else said, the flow of the gameplay looks really cool. Love the visuals and the destructible environments as well.

Still don't enjoy Cole's new image, but I can forgive it easily if the game is as good as this looks.

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By AgentZigzag

Great - its the bastard child of Infamous 1 and  Uncharted 2. Whoop-de-fucking-do. 

Way to go sucker punch! Take your refreshingly original creative direction and slap some scripted stagger at the camera Uncharted "cinematic action" on it.

Because Uncharted 2 did so well does that mean every game has to be Nathan Drake-ified?  Can't developers have some strength of conviction to stick with a creative direction. I can forgive the change of voice actors, the "weren't they in God of War" enemies  and even the stupid electric cricket bat but come on... 

Because Halo did well in 2001 we're still swimming in shitty FPS games with protagonists sporting mirrored visor helmets in B-movie alien invasion plots. Please don't tell me that we can expect 10 years of this happening to games but this time given the 'Naughty Dog once over'.

AM I THE ONLY ONE NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING THE SAME FUCKING GAME OVER AND OVER!?!?!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#67  Edited By Icemael
    @AgentZigzag: If you've only bought shitty first-person shooters with bad alien invasion plots for the past 9 years, that's your problem. If you plan to only buy Uncharted-influenced third-person shooters for the coming 10 years, that's your problem too. I've been enjoying plenty of non-first-person-shooters without aliens -- in fact, I've only ever bought six futuristic first-person shooters, and five of those -- Half-Life 2, Fallout 3 and the Metroid Prime games -- were anything but generic. 

You want to know what I'm tired of? Listening to fuckers like you, constantly whining and crying about "no innovation boo-hoo" and "it's all the same, wah-wah". There is innovation. Innovative games come out every year. If you can't find them, you aren't looking hard enough -- and guess what? That's your problem. Nobody else wants to hear about it. So please, for the love of God, SHUT UP.
    AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AgentZigzag
    @Icemael:   Wow, congratulations on missing my point completely you dumb fuck. Think you need to go re-read my post there dipshit.  

There have been an amazing amount of innovative games in the past ten years ... i know cos I own most of them. From Flower to Braid to Shadow Complex to Demon's Souls to Arkham Asylum and everything in between.  I rejoice at the quantity and quality of games out there.  

I know there will always be companies turning out the same old shit. Just like there are in movies, music, books, art etc. All i was saying is that I hate to see a developer who did so well carving out something creatively new and interesting with their first game in a new franchise suddenly produce what to me seems to be copying another game released around the same time because it was commercially more successful than there's.

But then you'd know that if you actually read my post, or maybe you did but you just got out of bed the wrong side this morning and fancied having a rant at someone.

Nice avatar by the way. Angsty effeminate she-man with fluffy hair. Suits you.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Fjordson said:
    "Still don't enjoy Cole's new image, but I can forgive it easily if the game is as good as this looks. "
    I can't.  I'll still likely buy the game, but I would be far more excited if I felt this was a proper continuation.  As it is, we seem to be playing as a totally different character and I know thtat's going to hurt the experience.  I really hope the developers go ahead and redesign him.  But even if they do, it won't change what's happened to his personality. 

I'm sure the game will offer some sort of explanation, but that's little consolation.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By Griddler

Gameplay, awesome. Graphics, improved. New look, ehh I'll get used to it. Voice actor, to be fair we've only heard one line but it sounds like he'll get on my nerves.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Icemael
    @AgentZigzag said:
    " @Icemael:   Wow, congratulations on missing my point completely you dumb fuck. Think you need to go re-read my post there dipshit. There have been an amazing amount of innovative games in the past ten years ... i know cos I own most of them. From Flower to Braid to Shadow Complex to Demon's Souls to Arkham Asylum and everything in between. I rejoice at the quantity and quality of games out there."
    @AgentZigzag said:
    "Because Halo did well in 2001 we're still swimming in shitty FPS games with protagonists sporting mirrored visor helmets in B-movie alien invasion plots. Please don't tell me that we can expect 10 years of this happening to games but this time given the 'Naughty Dog once over'.  AM I THE ONLY ONE NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING THE SAME FUCKING GAME OVER AND OVER!?!?! "
    Yeah, I really feel the rejoicing at the quality and quantity of games out there. Especially there in the last bit, where you rage in all caps and end the sentence with three exclamation marks.

@AgentZigzag said:
    "I know there will always be companies turning out the same old shit. Just like there are in movies, music, books, art etc."
    And yet, you feel the need to whine about it.

@AgentZigzag said:
    "All i was saying is that I hate to see a developer who did so well carving out something creatively new and interesting with their first game in a new franchise suddenly produce what to me seems to be copying another game released around the same time because it was commercially more successful than there's."
    1. That's not all you were saying.
    2. All the interesting stuff from the first game is still there. In fact, they've improved on that stuff, and added more cool, interesting stuff. But oh noes, the cinematic camera and the fluid animations ruin everything! Now it's just a copy of Uncharted 2 (like the first inFamous didn't imitate other games)!

@AgentZigzag said:
    "But then you'd know that if you actually read my post, or maybe you did but you just got out of bed the wrong side this morning and fancied having a rant at someone."
    lolirony 

@AgentZigzag said:
    "Nice avatar by the way. Angsty effeminate she-man with fluffy hair. Suits you."
    I'm so hurt.
    AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AgentZigzag
    @Icemael:  I'm bored of this conversation. I'm right - you're wrong. End.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Icemael
    @AgentZigzag: 
    No Caption Provided
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By dbz1995
    @AgentZigzag said:
    " @Icemael:   Wow, congratulations on missing my point completely you dumb fuck. Think you need to go re-read my post there dipshit.     There have been an amazing amount of innovative games in the past ten years ... i know cos I own most of them. From Flower to Braid to Shadow Complex to Demon's Souls to Arkham Asylum and everything in between.  I rejoice at the quantity and quality of games out there.    I know there will always be companies turning out the same old shit. Just like there are in movies, music, books, art etc. All i was saying is that I hate to see a developer who did so well carving out something creatively new and interesting with their first game in a new franchise suddenly produce what to me seems to be copying another game released around the same time because it was commercially more successful than there's.  But then you'd know that if you actually read my post, or maybe you did but you just got out of bed the wrong side this morning and fancied having a rant at someone.  Nice avatar by the way. Angsty effeminate she-man with fluffy hair. Suits you. "
    Don't you think it's better that people copy games' strong points before they try out new things? Let's take for example Super Mario 64, which many people will say revolutionised 3D gaming. As a result, many companies copied some of the 3D stuff and improved upon it, so we could get some truly fantastic 3D movement, which is now considered the norm. Now we're attempting another step up in the form of true 3D gaming-like with Killzone 3, Mortal Kombat, Gran Turismo 5, etc. We couldn't do this without taking parts out of other things that set a higher benchmark for developers to achieve.
     Also, it's not really going to help if you get angry with a dude over the internet-quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.
    Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Vertrucio

Both of you guys are wrong. Take it to private messages and keep it off the forums. 

Infamous 2 is still a work in progress. 

So, both of you unbunch your panties and get ready to have them blown off when the full game releases next year. Until then, keep your little feud off the forums.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#76  Edited By tearhead

I think that trailer looks awesome, and I like how they're making game the more cinematic. To those who dislike Cole's new look, I really doubt they're gonna change this new look. The game seems too far into development; it's just not gonna happen. I don't mind the change so much, I personally think it's better than the first inFamous' Cole, all gravelly voice and little personality. What I AM having trouble seeing, however, is how that character is going to be portrayed as evil; I just can't see it.

AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AsianSwagger

I dislike the explosions.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TwoOneFive

im starting to see a ripple effect caused by Uncharted 2. that game has literally moved the entire medium forward by leaps and bounds. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TwoOneFive

why is everyone on this new look fence. shit looks just like the first, only thing different is the main character, who didnt really look iconic...at all... in the original. his looks were by all means not AT ALL the reason for that games greatness. he looks much cooler now. 

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By fjordson
    @AgentZigzag said:
    " Great - its the bastard child of Infamous 1 and  Uncharted 2. Whoop-de-fucking-do. 

Way to go sucker punch! Take your refreshingly original creative direction and slap some scripted stagger at the camera Uncharted "cinematic action" on it.   Because Uncharted 2 did so well does that mean every game has to be Nathan Drake-ified?  Can't developers have some strength of conviction to stick with a creative direction. I can forgive the change of voice actors, the "weren't they in God of War" enemies  and even the stupid electric cricket bat but come on...   Because Halo did well in 2001 we're still swimming in shitty FPS games with protagonists sporting mirrored visor helmets in B-movie alien invasion plots. Please don't tell me that we can expect 10 years of this happening to games but this time given the 'Naughty Dog once over'.  AM I THE ONLY ONE NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING THE SAME FUCKING GAME OVER AND OVER!?!?! "

No Caption Provided
    Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Vertrucio

Heheh, perfect image response to that posts. 

The guy is basically complaining that he's getting a better game.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wasn't convinced before but I just watched the rewind theatre on this on IGN and I am now officially onboard. You really have to see this video before you can pass judgement. I thought the new Cole looked awful on the GI cover but seeing him in motion blew me away. I cannot wait for this game.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83  Edited By demontium

Hyped for it. I have a PS3 now. So awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.