Killzone 3 beats Bulletstorm on UK Charts

#1 Posted by capturetheghost (9 posts) -
#2 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

There's been some solid TV ads behind KZ3, I wonder how many moves have been sold because of it.

#3 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -

This is an odd thread. 
#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@big_jon said:
" This is an odd thread.  "
#5 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

That and there are 2 Just Dance titles up there

#6 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Its not that surprising seeing as killzone is a massive game and is a sequel so people already know its good. 
Bulletstorm hasnt been advertised as much, and its a new title, so people dont know what its about, also it doesnt appeal to as many people as killzone does. 

But yeah: 
@big_jon said:

" This is an odd thread.  "
#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Is it any surprise that a game from a established franchise with a decent ad campaign outsold a new IP with a shitty one?

#8 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I did't doubt that, Killzone 3 is a much bigger and more popular franchise
#9 Posted by capturetheghost (9 posts) -
@big_jon said:
"This is an odd thread.  "

Eh, just saw it on my Twitter feed multiple times, figured I'd share. 
#10 Posted by l4wd0g (1820 posts) -

The UK also loves their PS3s. Bulletstorm was was sold mainly as an Xbox title.

#11 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

1.) Killzone is a well-established franchise.
2.) Europe isn't exactly the target market for Bulletstorm.
3.) Killzone 3 wants a cookie?

#12 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -
@npeterson08 said:
" e. 2.) Europe isn't exactly the target market for Bulletstorm. "  

Thats odd, a whole continent isnt the target market for a game!
#13 Posted by Caligula (174 posts) -
@capturetheghost said:
" Just in case you guys haven't seen this, Killzone 3 sold better than Bulletstorm in the UK, pretty awesome considering Bulletstorm is multi-platform!  
   http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-28-uk-top-40-killzone-3-beats-bulletstorm "
still does not change the fact that Bulletstorm is immensely more fun. Also the UK are known to be PS3 whores. Also Bulletstorm was mostly marketed towards 360, what with the Epic Edition having an access code for the Gears 3 Beta.
#14 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Well killzone it´s a better game so justice is being done.. I played lots of both last week and the whole kill with skill thing in bulletstorm runs dry pretty quick plus the multiplayer is lackluster at best

#15 Posted by Vinny_Says (5632 posts) -

I asked a co-worker about Killzone, he was well aware and had downloaded the demo. When Bulletstorm came up he had to IGN it on the work computers.....

#16 Posted by MetalMoog (907 posts) -

Yeah as obnoxious and annoying as Rico ever was he's since been outdone in that category by Mr. Dicktits himself.

#17 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Killzone 3 is an European ass European game. 

#18 Posted by xyzygy (9637 posts) -
@ErrorOperator said:
" That and there are 2 Just Dance titles up there "
#19 Posted by damswedon (3168 posts) -

I contributed to that. 
Really wish I hadn't. 
Fucking Guerilla tricking me again.

#20 Posted by overlord_ofthedeadXD (60 posts) -

It's obvious that Killzone is an established franchse. I guess people like serious shooters over the occasional crazy ones. :/

#21 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -
@overlord_ofthedeadXD said:
" It's obvious that Killzone is an established franchse. I guess people like serious shooters over the occasional crazy ones. :/ "  
There is crazy and then there is trying too hard, Bulletstorm (IN MY OPINION) looked like it was trying really hard.
#22 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4289 posts) -

man, Killzone is like the surly kid in the back of a classroom who is rather intelligent but just isn't motivated to try. There's so much potential, but it's squandered. It's like Killzone is fine with just being "good enough".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.