Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Do you think Giant Bomb will have a problem with this game ?

• 69 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm not trying to stir shit up here. Giant Bomb is my all time favorite website and Red Dead Redemption is my all time favorite game .. seeing those two not getting along last year felt wrong and eerie to many of us. 
    So i think its fair to wonder whether Jeff will love this game like he loved GTA IV and whether the staff will get hype about it, or whether it's gonna pass unnoticed and unappreciated like RDR 

discuss !
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

It was only Jeff that didn't like RDR. He didn't really have a solid reason either, so it's not like all of GB were hating on it. Just one man. 

I hope L.A. Noire turns out fantastic, and if that's the case there's a good chance the whole crew will like it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Jeff was the only one that didn't like Red Dead Redemption.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By FreakAche

I don't think they had any problem with RDR. Only Jeff didn't like it.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Morien

I think they'll appreciate the state-of-the-art motion capture being used in the game, but it's hard to say what they'll think of it until it comes out because it doesn't look like your typical GTA type game. 
    It might have the same third-person perspective, but I'm hoping the combat will be very different to compliment the investigation and interrogation mechanics. 

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeeGee

Jeff didn't like the game because the controls and the pacing, saying he has no solid reasons makes it sound like he was just being a dick about it.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By jkz
    @DeeGee said:
    " Jeff didn't like the game because the controls and the pacing, saying he has no solid reasons makes it sound like he was just being a dick about it. "
    This. 

Also, RDR as your favorite game ever seems like over-playing it a bit, but that's your opinion.
    Darkraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darkraven
    @JJWeatherman:  jeff DID have a solid reason: its not street enough fo' me and mah homies niggah! :D
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iamjohn

The first thing I think of when I hear the words "unappreciated" and "unnoticed" is Red Dead Redemption.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says

Ryan, Vinny and especially Brad loved RDR. That's 75% of Giantbomb. 

Also is LA NOIRE a GTA style open world? None of the trailers show anything but cutscenes.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By morrelloman

everyone has a problem with the lack of gameplay footage. It is pretty telling.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By McGhee

RDR is too long and it has too many side characters you just don't care much about. It needed a tighter and more interesting story beyond just Marsten helping one crazy person after another just to have them screw him over once he does help them. That was the whole game, over and over again.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @jukezypoo said:
    "Also, RDR as your favorite game ever seems like over-playing it a bit, but that's your opinion. "
    well it is :) 

@iAmJohn said:
    " The first thing I think of when I hear the words "unappreciated" and "unnoticed" is Red Dead Redemption. "
    lmao.. well it felt like it, Giantbomb-wise. we were all hyped about it yet i didnt feel it got the love it deserves from the staff 

@blacklabeldomm said:
    "Also is LA NOIRE a GTA style open world? None of the trailers show anything but cutscenes. "
    its a big open world for you to roam at anytime, though the focus is on the evolution of the character through the main story. this game is serious business.. 
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baillie
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac: I played all of RDR in 2 days, Undead Nightmares too. I enjoyed every part of it.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @DeeGee said:

" Jeff didn't like the game because the controls and the pacing, saying he has no solid reasons makes it sound like he was just being a dick about it. "

True enough I suppose. I wasn't trying to make Jeff look like a dick, but he did kinda just pass the game off without a truly solid reason. He simply admitted it wan't his style and listed a couple of little problems he had with it, and that's fine. No game is for everyone. It's just still a bit of a mystery to me as to why Jeff just couldn't get into it. You'd think flawed controls and pacing could be overlooked.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @Ahmad_Metallic:  What open world?  Nothing I have seen or read about the game indicates anything about how it actually plays.  From everything I've seen, it could be a Heavy Rain clone.
    jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jmfinamore

I have the feeling Brad will love it, Ryan will really like it, Vinny will thinks its neat and Jeff will not like it.  

But, who knows? I just get that vibe when I think about the game's release. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Considering how often it popped up in the Game of the Year discussions, I think RDR was quite well represented in Giant Bomb. Remember, just because it didn't win a reward, getting put on the top 5, 10, or even 20 list of the year means the game was quite good and well respected by at least most of the staff.

I'm pretty sure they didn't bother reviewing it because they didn't get a review copy, and by the time a review could be posted, it wouldn't have really mattered, so it wasn't worth the extra work.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

Some of you need to watch the trailers again. 

Also Rockstar rarely ever releases trailers showing obvious gameplay or plays the game publcly. The Red Dead Redemption stuff was the first time they've done that in ages and was incredibly uncharacteristic for them.

@JJWeatherman said:

" You'd think flawed controls and pacing could be overlooked. "
    They were for GTA4, to a much greater degree.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By McGhee
    @Baillie:  
    Well, good for you. I played half of it, then months later came back and forced myself to finish it.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Hailinel said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic:  What open world?  Nothing I have seen or read about the game indicates anything about how it actually plays.  From everything I've seen, it could be a Heavy Rain clone. "

taken from an IGN interview which was posted in this thread  :

AndrewW91 asks... Could you give us a sense of how open the world is? And what kind of activities we can take part in while not on a mission (if any)?  

Jeronimo Barrera: The world is completely open for you to travel through at all times, but the focus of the game is not the same as a Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption. This time, the city is a backdrop for the incredibly accurate real-world locations and crime scenes that Cole Phelps explores on his way to solving each case. The game has been crafted to seamlessly blend classic cops-and-robbers style action with dynamic interrogations and searching for suspects in a way that one doesn't distract from the other. There are ambient events within the game world that you will hear more about in the weeks ahead, like unassigned cases or robberies in progress that you can take on outside of the main story, but the focus is on Cole's progression through the ranks of the LAPD and the events that unfold as a result. It's a very intense game because we ask you to listen very carefully to what has been said and to remember names, places and clues, as well as decide whether you can believe what someone is saying. It's going to be a very new experience for our audience but one we think they are very ready for.     

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @jukezypoo said:

"Also, RDR as your favorite game ever seems like over-playing it a bit, but that's your opinion. "
    well it is :) 
    Fair enough; but isn't getting mentioned and seriously considered in Game of the Year talks enough appreciation? The staff felt (as did a large number of users) that Mass Effect 2 was simply a better game; that doesn't mean that they didn't like the game, it simply meant that it wasn't their favorite game of the year. 

If you disagree on that point, then fair enough; but to suggest that the staff didn't appreciate the game seems a tad bit ridiculous.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Skytylz

RDR was GTAIV in the west.  If this is GTAIV in 50's LA or whenever than it shouldn't get that high of praise.  Reviewers need to quit sucking the R* cock.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24  Edited By chstupid

Jeff has said multiple time he doesn't like westerns LA Noire isn't a western. 

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fjordson
    @Skytylz said:

" RDR was GTAIV in the west.  "

Wrong. Also:

Rockstar's detective drama LA Noire cannot be compared to the GTA series, according to the publisher.

The title sees gamers take on the role of investigator in 1940s Los Angeles, gathering and examine evidence, interrogating witnesses and shaking suspects down.

Yet despite its open world credentials, Rockstar says the game "doesn't have a point of reference" from elsewhere - not even the publisher's flagship franchise.

"For us it's always good when you are crafting something and you don't have a point of reference from other games," VP of product development at Rockstar Jeronimo Barrera told Edge issue 213 - which is on sale today.

"Even though you could say it's like GTA because you have this open city you can run around in, it's paced completely differently. To us that's what we have to sell: 'Look, it's not super-high action like GTA, though there is action, but it is as compelling because of the interactions the characters are having'."

Quote of the day, however, goes to Aaron Staton, who plays protagonist Cole Phelps (and also Ken Cosgrove in the TV series Mad Men). He also distances the title from GTA, in inimitable fashion:

"The difference between this and GTA is that you play a guy who's out there trying to do good. Everyone will initially want to punch old ladies - I probably would - but people are then going to be interested in the story and solving the cases. And seeing what other old ladies they can punch."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/239287/news/rockstar-la-noire-not-a-gta-clone/
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BraveToaster

I haven't listened to any podcasts in a while, so I'm out of the loop. Can you tell me when they had this discussion over Red Dead Redemption?  

They are entitled to their own opinions, but I thought RDR was awesome.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Axxol: One of the GOTY podcasts (can't remember which) and 5-25 as well as 6-1 2010 podcasts at least (according to the summaries on that part of the website).
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BraveToaster
    @MrKlorox: Thanks. 
    suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By suikoden352

i was with jeff the whole time. it was cool for that first hour or so. after that though, it just feels like it was dragging along at times. he's said he just couldn't get into it and i couldn't either. especially the end which i thought was terrible to be honest. i didn't like how it ended at all. i played it all the way because i wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt in hopes it would pull through and wow me in a big way. the only part that showed me a bright spot and kept me hoping for better was when you first get on your horse in mexico and the jose gonzalez song starts playing as you ride along at sundown. i don't deny the gravitas that the game has but it just wasnt the western game for me and i completely understand jeff's dislike of the game. 

that all being said, i'm hopeful that L.A. Noire will be a knockout hit from rockstar. i'm curious to see how the interrogations will go down whether with dialog trees or with interactive cut scenes or who knows what. lol i look forward to seeing what the game will bring to the table considering it's being released a week after duke nukem forever. will be interesting to see how those 2 do in may.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By phantomzxro
    @DeeGee said:
    "Jeff didn't like the game because the controls and the pacing, saying he has no solid reasons makes it sound like he was just being a dick about it. "

I don't know if that count as a solid reason when he did not get very far in the game. I think brad even called him out on it because jeff never got over the horse riding parts. That is cool if he just does not like a game, if your not reviewing a game i think you have a right to just flat out not like it. I think from there you just give up your right to be objective in the matter. So i'm glad  the other crew defended the game and did not try to just role with jeff opinions.  

But to the topic at hand i think it more to do with if rockstar will give them a review copy on time. I know it is apart of the biz to try and make sure you get high review marks on release but i think it is just dishonest and rockstar does not need to do that given their track record. So i can understand if review sites feel a bit burned when they get their copy in late and have to work around to getting coverage up on time.
    ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Guys, L.A noire is not being developed by Rockstar, It's Team Bondi making it. Rockstar is PUBLISHING it, no hand in the development. 

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Sooty

Dunno why you are comparing this to RDR or GTA IV, it's not even made by Rockstar.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deeveeus
    @natetodamax said:
    " Jeff was the only one that didn't like Red Dead Redemption. "
    and he admitted, it was just something about that game that bugged him....just one of those things
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Skytylz
    @Fjordson said:
    " @Skytylz said:

" RDR was GTAIV in the west.  "

Wrong. Also:

Rockstar's detective drama LA Noire cannot be compared to the GTA series, according to the publisher.

The title sees gamers take on the role of investigator in 1940s Los Angeles, gathering and examine evidence, interrogating witnesses and shaking suspects down.

Yet despite its open world credentials, Rockstar says the game "doesn't have a point of reference" from elsewhere - not even the publisher's flagship franchise.

"For us it's always good when you are crafting something and you don't have a point of reference from other games," VP of product development at Rockstar Jeronimo Barrera told Edge issue 213 - which is on sale today.

"Even though you could say it's like GTA because you have this open city you can run around in, it's paced completely differently. To us that's what we have to sell: 'Look, it's not super-high action like GTA, though there is action, but it is as compelling because of the interactions the characters are having'."

Quote of the day, however, goes to Aaron Staton, who plays protagonist Cole Phelps (and also Ken Cosgrove in the TV series Mad Men). He also distances the title from GTA, in inimitable fashion:

"The difference between this and GTA is that you play a guy who's out there trying to do good. Everyone will initially want to punch old ladies - I probably would - but people are then going to be interested in the story and solving the cases. And seeing what other old ladies they can punch."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/239287/news/rockstar-la-noire-not-a-gta-clone/ "
    Wrong?  That's your argument?  I played through both and it was basically the same damn game.  Also, the shit that R* is saying is just PR bullshit.  Great! I'm the good guy running around an open world shooting dudes instead of the criminal.  Those quotes make it obvious he is dancing around the subject of the gameplay because it's the same damn thing.  
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CptBedlam

If it has less shooting and explosions than GTA4, than chances are good that Jeff won't like it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Skytylz:  hey just because GTA and RDR have a bad habit of making you shoot your way through many missions doesnt mean they're bad, repetitive or ALIKE. name your favorite games and i'll find typical mechanics or patterns in any of them.. 

IV and RDR had alot more differences than they had similarities. sure the controls felt similar because its the same engine, and the shooting was basically the same though RDR's was alot more enhanced and satisfying, but THATS IT. 

In IV you drove cars, in RDR you rode horses. the greatest horse riding ever made in a game, mind you.  
    in IV you were a russian immigrant who had to bend over and let crime take control of him to save his idiot cousin and to survive, while in RDR you were a former bandit who had to find his old gang members or else his family would die 
    in IV the map consisted of one city. it didnt feel as grand and diverse as RDR, and though the characters were very well done, they were all either mobsters or crack addicts you run into on the street. in RDR the concept of strangers was expanded in an amazing fucking way, giving a different feel to each and every person you meet  
    Red Dead Redemption featured a vast WILDERNESS full of ANIMALS ? you could get mauled by real looking BEARS? you could go on a hunting trip for a whole night and rest in a camp afterwards then return to the town with a satchel full of a variety of animal furs and body parts to sell? HELLO ? that on its own was damn colossal. before you respond to this, just close your eyes and remember what it was like to spill some bait and wait for pack of bighorns to arrive, only to be viciously attacked by a ninja cougar.. 

and most of all, in RDR you had people frequently passing by you, various events that the game created ON THE SPOT for you to watch or take part in, people getting hung and crying out for help or bandits luring you into their traps. you had people stopping by the road to take a fricking piss...

i could go on forever, but one thing ANYONE who's beaten both IV and RDR (rather than just playing for a few hours then making up his mind) knows that while they share certain aspects, RDR was so much bigger and better in every way possible that you could indulge in it like its one of a kind. 
    RDR featured so many new stupendous things never seen before and never experienced, so stop fucking comparing it to GTA IV, IV never even dreamed of having all the stuff i listed above.
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" but one thing ANYONE who's beaten both IV and RDR (rather than just playing for a few hours then making up his mind) knows that while they share certain aspects, RDR was so much bigger and better in every way possible that you could indulge in it like its one of a kind. "

I played both and I preferred IV, Liberty City also felt a helluva lot larger to me than RDR's world did.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fjordson
    @Skytylz: Argument? Who said anything about argument? It's fact that the two games are vastly different. There are so many systems within RDR that weren't present in GTA IV. Not to mention the fact that, you know, it's hard to be Grand Theft Auto-like when you don't even drive a single car.

And you're not just running around shooting criminals. Read some actual preview material and stop being ignorant. Every article has said there is action but that the main focus is on investigation of crime scenes, collecting and processing clues and interrogating witnesses. I've heard it described multiple times by people who have seen it in action as something somewhat similar to old school adventure games. Why would Team Bondi and Rockstar talk about those game mechanics and about them being so important if all you actually end up doing is running around shooting dudes? Why would they spend millions of dollars and six years working on their facial animation tech if it didn't actually contribute to the gameplay like they're saying it will?

smh
    Avatar image for theblindchessman
    TheBlindChessman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheBlindChessman

I'm totally with Jeff on RDR.

I enjoyed GTA4, but this game just feels... weird.

I think it's because I don't like any of the controls. IN GTA the shooting was terrible, but I enjoyed the driving, and given that the game was about 80% driving I still enjoyed it as a whole. With Red Dead I hate the shooting AND the horse riding. There have been so many times in Red Dead where I find myself out in the open with no cover and there is simply nothing I can do to get out of the situation alive.

I think the Rockstar/GTA mission structure is also a little tired at this point. None of the characters have been that memorable, and I can't be bothered to care about them because I know that after 5 or 6 missions I'll be on to someone else.

I've just finished the Mexico missions and since I've heard that the game has got a great ending I'll keep playing, but there is no way this game would have made my top ten of the year.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Skytylz
    @Ahmad_Metallic: GTA Games and Red Dead have had the same mission structure since GTA III.  Go somewhere and shoot some dudes.  Also, tapping a or x is a ton of fun while riding a horse, I'd rather drive a car.  The stories are rather similar, both contain criminals trying to change their ways but circumstances pull them back into it.  Changing the year doesn't make it that different and all the supporting characters in both games are just stereotypes.  Sure RDR added some animals and boring little fetch quest things in the challenge system or whatever it was called, but that's about the only difference. 

real looking BEARS    

This made me lol.  Anyways, yah a game made two years later is going to look a little better.  I bet LA Noire looks better than RDR, but that's natural because of time.  Also the talk about going on a hunting trip is hilarious, I could do that in New Vegas and hunt some geckos then sleep on the mat in my post apocalyptic shack then go sell them on the strip.  I liked the game, I just don't think it's as revolutionary as people make it out to be.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By WickedCestus

If they're anything like me, then they'll probably have absolutely no interest in it. Then again, I said the exact same thing about Red Dead Redemption before it came out, but I ended up liking it. Then again again, any game where realistic faces are a key feature is a game I don't put much hope into.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Skytylz
    @Fjordson said:
    " @Skytylz: Argument? Who said anything about argument? It's fact that the two games are vastly different. There are so many systems within RDR that weren't present in GTA IV. Not to mention the fact that, you know, it's hard to be Grand Theft Auto-like when you don't even drive a single car. And you're not just running around shooting criminals. Read some actual preview material and stop being ignorant. Every article has said there is action but that the main focus is on investigation of crime scenes, collecting and processing clues and interrogating witnesses. I've heard it described multiple times by people who have seen it in action as something somewhat similar to old school adventure games. Why would Team Bondi and Rockstar talk about those game mechanics and about them being so important if all you actually end up doing is running around shooting dudes? Why would they spend millions of dollars and six years working on their facial animation tech if it didn't actually contribute to the gameplay like they're saying it will?  smh "
    Vastly different?  You need to expand your horizon if you think  GTA and RDR are vastly different.  They play exactly the same, horses are the cars basically, and the mission structure was almost exactly the same.  I'll believe LA Noire is different once I've seen it myself.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ryanwho
    @Ygg said:
    " Dunno why you are comparing this to RDR or GTA IV, it's not even made by Rockstar. "
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Skytylz said:
    " Also the talk about going on a hunting trip is hilarious, I could do that in New Vegas and hunt some geckos then sleep on the mat in my post apocalyptic shack then go sell them on the strip.  "
    uh.. when Call of Duty gave us snow mobiles to ride, did we flip out because its the first time driving was presented in video games? no, it was because its the first time it was presented in a Call of Duty game, a linear and cinematic FPS.. 
    New Vegas is an RPG, ofcourse you can hunt animals in the wilderness and sell them.. when it comes to RDR, its mindblowing because its happening in a GTA-ish game. (im saying GTA-ish because thats the closest game to RDR, not because rdr is a 'gta clone' or whatever) 

But hey, im not a pissed fanboy, im a guy who enjoyed RDR like a virgin getting a blowjob, and im only trying to show you the difference between the two games because if you cant see it, you missed out on one of the greatest open world TPS games out there. its your loss, not mine, that you didnt get an ultimate adrenaline rush when packs of bears attacked you while you were on your horse..  and its your loss that you're so hung up about the stranger characters being stereotypes that you didnt just live the moment when you got a glimpse at their unfortunate and dramatic lives before you left them forever, or watched them die.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By toowalrus

Jeff probably won't like LA Noire eather, he'll be like "1940s mobsters waaahhh" and completely dismiss it- but you know what, that's fine with me. I learned a long time ago the me and Jeff have a very different taste in games, it's his personality I find entertaining. It's not that he loves a lot of bad games, it that he hates a lot of good games. I fucking love Resident Evil, and couldn't care less about DJ Hero.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ryanwho
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " New Vegas is an RPG, ofcourse you can hunt animals in the wilderness and sell them.. when it comes to RDR, its mindblowing because its happening in a GTA-ish game. (im saying GTA-ish because thats the closest game to RDR, not because rdr is a 'gta clone' or whatever) "
    So one is par for the course and the other is revolutionary because you make an arbitrary genre distinction. Don't flip out bro, they're probably the same genre. They have more in common with each other than they have with most games in the genres you choose to put them in. Don't let your insistence on arbitrary labels give you a migraine or anything. I just think its really silly that two games do the same things and one gets more credit because you call it something different. Its kinda dumb. Both are open world and have leveling and weapon upgrading and quest givers and item collecting and aim assist. They're different genres only because you and other gamers make stupid arbitrary distinctions.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Skytylz
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Thank you for admitting RDR is GTA like.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " New Vegas is an RPG, ofcourse you can hunt animals in the wilderness and sell them.. when it comes to RDR, its mindblowing because its happening in a GTA-ish game. (im saying GTA-ish because thats the closest game to RDR, not because rdr is a 'gta clone' or whatever) "
    So one is par for the course and the other is revolutionary because you make an arbitrary genre distinction. Don't flip out bro, they're probably the same genre. They have more in common with each other than they have with most games in the genres you choose to put them in. Don't let your insistence on arbitrary labels give you a migraine or anything. I just think its really silly that two games do the same things and one gets more credit because you call it something different. Its kinda dumb. Both are open world and have leveling and weapon upgrading and quest givers and item collecting and aim assist. They're different genres only because you and other gamers make stupid arbitrary distinctions. "
    oooookay if you're saying Fallout and Grand Theft Auto are similar, im gonna start taking your posts a little less seriously from now on.. this is what sucks about arguing. we're only using words.. i could say that Call of Duty multiplayer is the same as Bad Company 2 multiplayer. who could prove me wrong? its my 'opinion' 
    one day they'll create a device that brings up videos on the spot to support an argument, rather than just words. which i'd use right now to show you gameplay videos of New Vegas and RDR side to side and show how fricking different they are. we call them different genres for a reason. 
    oh hey, you know what ? Halo and Max Payne are pretty much the same.. you use guns to shoot enemies in both of them, etc etc etc 
    kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kermoosh

i have high hopes for this game, im sure the gb team will love this too

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By YoThatLimp

I think: 

Brad will flip over it 
    Vinny will enjoy his playthrough 
    Ryan will  enjoy his playthrough  
    Jeff will hate it, if he even plays it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.