Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Left 4 Dead 2!!! Holy Shanarky Undead Batman!

• 68 results
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RsistncE
    @Scroll: I said influence. Obviously if a game is a hit a developer is motivated to rehash it to make more money. Valve usually doesn't do this, but considering the game was a hit on the 360 and PC I can perfectly see why Microsoft would push them for another game. Corporations are nasty things.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By the8bitNacho

Wow, are you guys actually crying over this right now?  Sometimes I hate witnessing the reactions of announcements in the gaming community.  They're so ridiculous.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Gizmo

Not to be a douche, but the new gameplay for it looks utter garbage, like the product of a 10 year old with the L4D SDK left alone for a day.

Hey Valve, we don't want a complete stand-alone sequel, we have a SDK, that means we have new weapons, maps, campaigns, boss zombies etc.

This really isn't needed.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By scroll
    @RsistncE: You're right Valve don't usually do this and they are a big enough company to do what they want. I can see why Valve as a company that wants to make money wants to make a successful sequel.
    doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By doctorchin
    @RsistncE: The developers at valve get to decide what game they made next and they had so many ideas after L4D they wanted to make another.
    MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MC_Izawa
    Gizmo said:
    Not to be a douche, but the new gameplay for it looks utter garbage, like the product of a 10 ... [more]
    As someone who has wasted way too much time on shitty Source mods and custom maps, I'm gonna have to say that's a very stupid statement.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By zityz

That big black dude is my new favorite guy to use. Move over bill!
    Looks good, but If its only one campaign, why couldnt it be a DLC then?
    I'd like to see their take on a zombie outbreak in Los Vegas, or Europe would be cool as well.

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By doctorchin

WAIT a minute!

Are people criticising Valve for wanting to make a game that will make money.

The developers want to make it, we want it, they'll make money and both parties will have fun.

This doesn't seem like terrible news.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gizmo
    MC_Izawa said:
    Gizmo said: Not to be a douche, but the new gameplay for it looks utter garbage, like the product of ... [more]
    I'm all up for it as a expansion pack, but A) Left 4 Dead 2 is a retarded name and B) This means that the community hasn't even had a chance to create for this current version of the game.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RsistncE
    @doctorchin: That's true, but considering L4D was $60 and it was fairly sparse with content, Valve had said explicity it would add more content. There hasn't been any. I mean I feel bad calling them on it considering how much TF2 content they add for free, but L4D was kind of a kick in the nuts coming from them. Just a little dissapointing is all I suppose. As a result I don't think I will honestly buy L4D unless it's like $30 because from the video I saw it's just new content. Same engine, same gameplay, same everything.
    scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By scroll
    @RsistncE:  Well they have added abit, but I do agree that they should have released a few more levels.. But that's not to say they won't before november.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would prefer Half Life: Episode 3 to this, and it is too soon. I haven't even properly sunk my teeth into the first game yet, and a new one is coming out this year.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Hamz

What annoys me is that while I happily at the time paid £24.99 for L4D to pre-order it. I was somewhat disappointed with the end product, it lacked content and variation and it seems Valve has taken those criticisms and decided to make an all new game out of it. Which again will cost likely the same if not more than the first game.

And I just can't help but feel this is a poor decision by them.

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By doctorchin
    RsistncE said:
    @doctorchin: That's true, but considering L4D was $60 and it was fairly sparse with content, Valve had said explicity it ... [more]

Ok i can agree, i got left 4 dead pretty cheap and i would feel uncomfortable if it was priced highly. I suppose we have got to see what they add.
    Kalisynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Kalisynth

I can't believe what a bunch of spoiled brats gamers have become,

Valve is under no obligation what so ever to continuously provide us with great FREE content, and yet they do, and when they decide to release something that makes them money people bitch and moan about not getting enough FREE content.

I for one am excited about this and it will be a day one purchase for me.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Milkman

It seems a little soon for a sequel especially considering that it's Valve we're talking about.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Player1
    TomA said:
    New IGN gameplay footage for the PC version!!!
    Looks sweet. A lot brighter. I love that. I like bright games. 

Heres it embedded. 

LokiZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LokiZee

Dude, November 17, I will be playing  L4D2, and enjoying it. Hell, I'm an Xbox 360 user, so no mod tools, and I don't expect all dlc to be free. Maybe a little costly at 60 bucks, but damn, it ain't gonna take food out of your babies mouths or shoes off their feet, so whatever. Why do people always have to be so negitive about EVERYTHING. I've been playing 4 campaigns since day one, and loving it, still play the hell out of it. But L4D is a game short on content, but no problem for me at 60 dollars. L4D2 for 60 more? Fine by me.

@Fragsloff: Does this mean you won't be playing it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.