Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO

Franchise »

The LEGO Franchise are video games based the popular Danish LEGO Toys. Many games ranging from racers, builders and adventures bear the LEGO brand name.

Untapped potential

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HandsomeDead

So far, we've had Star Wars I-VI, Indiana Jones and Batman. All of which are primarily children's franchises, or to not annoy fanboys, family oriented franchises. But, could you imagine a LEGO game based on other things like LEGO Die Hard or LEGO Matrix? Like, even with the current collecting based gameplay and shoddy AI, those games would have so much potential to be amusing parodies.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

LEGO Matrix could be epic.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain

LEGO has potential, but Traveler's Tales is not going to mess around with their money-making formula, so any potential will go untapped.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

So far the line up of LEGO games have been based on actual LEGO products. And I'm not sure if LEGO would pool into a pretty family friendly lineup of toys/games with those franchises. I'm not sure what niche of gamers/toy buyers those franchises would appeal to for a large gain in profit.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

Just to clarify, I really don't think the LEGO games will go any further than their toy line, but look into your heart and tell me you wouldn't be excited if LEGO Crank was announced.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Dalai

What about Superman?  His video game history has been in the crapper forever so maybe the LEGO people can do him justice.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

Lego Lord of The Rings

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

Considering how terrible of a movie Crank is, yes I can tell you honestly that I don't want to see that. Now if we could come up withg some crazier shit, like LEGO Lethal Weapon. I would be so for it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Dalai said:
    "What about Superman?  His video game history has been in the crapper forever so maybe the LEGO people can do him justice."
    Nothing can make Superman enjoyable, much like:

Claude said:
    "Lego Lord of The Rings"
    Which totally goes against my idea of other movie licences because I don't see much scope in field walking and generic 30 minute battles.

BiggerBomb said:
    "Considering how terrible of a movie Crank is."
    Too deep for you?
    commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By commodore64

Frankly I'd like to see LEGO Shawshank Redemption.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Pibo47
    commodore64 said:
    "Frankly I'd like to see LEGO Shawshank Redemption."
    LMFAO! Omg, thats hilarious.
    Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Yit

I want the Lego MMO.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Endogene
    Yit said:
    "I want the Lego MMO."
    it is comming
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Endogene said:
    "Yit said:
    "I want the Lego MMO."
    it is comming"
    Dude, that would be interesting.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Endogene
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By albedos_shadow

LEGO Deliverance. Nuff said.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By albedos_shadow

LEGO Deliverance. Nuff said.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By kush

My personal opinion is that a Lego game in the style of LBP is perfect for the license, but it would take a lot to be more than just a LBP rip-off at this time.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

How about LEGO: The Game Where You Build Shit With LEGOS - The Game? I'm sick and tired of non-LEGO LEGO games. I just want a game that lets me have a few thousand pieces of varying shapes and sizes (color can be chosen) that can snap together then destroyed when I'm done. This is all the fun of the actual physical LEGO toy without all the cleanup and limitations.

They have to be holding out on something like this so they can continue selling multiple sets of the real toys to the same people.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

LEGO: Justice League would be super cool.

The thing about the LEGO games is that you won't find LEGO: Matrix or LEGO: Die Hard happening, as those are R-rated franchises...and I don't see the guys at Traveller's going for the R-rated setup on their games.  I think LEGO: Matrix has a ton of potential for being a hilarious kind of spoof set-up like Indy had, but putting in bullet time and all that...I don't know.

Seriously, LEGO: Justice League would be the perfect one to do right now outside of LEGO: Harry Potter.  If the doods at Traveller's Tales wanted to put out a HUGE epic, they could do a LEGO: Disney and use a ton of the animated characters and their movies as level designs and such...and the central point for them to all hang out could be the Disney Vault!!!

And to clarify, I love all the LEGO games.  They are super fun and I always get a kick out of them.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead
    MrKlorox said:
    "How about LEGO: The Game Where You Build Shit With LEGOS - The Game? I'm sick and tired of non-LEGO LEGO games. I just want a game that lets me have a few thousand pieces of varying shapes and sizes (color can be chosen) that can snap together then destroyed when I'm done. This is all the fun of the actual physical LEGO toy without all the cleanup and limitations.

They have to be holding out on something like this so they can continue selling multiple sets of the real toys to the same people."
    Then Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is right up your street.

jakob187 said:
    "The thing about the LEGO games is that you won't find LEGO: Matrix or LEGO: Die Hard happening, as those are R-rated franchises...and I don't see the guys at Traveller's going for the R-rated setup on their games.  I think LEGO: Matrix has a ton of potential for being a hilarious kind of spoof set-up like Indy had, but putting in bullet time and all that...I don't know."
    I know. And that's the biggest shame of all. If you look at the franchises like Star Wars and Indiana Jones, the people who would probably be most interested in them are people old enough to watch and play R rated things, so like I say, while it's obvious Traveller's Tales and LEGO aren't going to do that, there is so much potential there.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By jakob187
    HandsomeDead said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "The thing about the LEGO games is that you won't find LEGO: Matrix or LEGO: Die Hard happening, as those are R-rated franchises...and I don't see the guys at Traveller's going for the R-rated setup on their games.  I think LEGO: Matrix has a ton of potential for being a hilarious kind of spoof set-up like Indy had, but putting in bullet time and all that...I don't know."
    I know. And that's the biggest shame of all. If you look at the franchises like Star Wars and Indiana Jones, the people who would probably be most interested in them are people old enough to watch and play R rated things, so like I say, while it's obvious Traveller's Tales and LEGO aren't going to do that, there is so much potential there."
    Oh, don't get me wrong.  I totally understand where you are coming from.  However, I just don't think that the older crowd is where they are aiming.  Moreover, given the mediocre reviews that the games usually seem to get, I REALLY don't think the older crowd is going to be too interested in seeing McClane or Neo romping LEGO ass.
    Plus...how the hell would McClane get to say "Yippee-ki-yay, muthafucker"?
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Kazona

I think the whole Lego games thing is getting a bit old now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.