Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

ME2 is making me feel depressed

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ErrorOperator

So on my save of ME1, Wrex is dead. Now you may call me an evil murderer but I never wanted him to die! I was trying to help him and become his friend... but that bitch ashley just shot him in the back! Now from the Bombcast a few weeks ago they talk about what will happen in ME2 depending on how you dealt with Wrex, im trying to be a nice person but I cant fly onto a planet if everyone on their is just going to hate me! Please take this as my confession for when I venture onto Wrex's homeplanet and somehow tell his family the truth - wish my luck ;(

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ravensword

Im just glad I finished Assassins creed 2 yesterday, so I can have time to play this game. Im probaly only going to do story stuff, since Im going to rent it for Gamefly, and i got a bigillion other games coming soon.
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NoXious

You could possibly not use the save then? Or do another playthrough, I'm working on one right now.
    It'll most likely be a 50/50 one since I want to save Wrex but kill the Rachni.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ravensword

I wonder if you saved that alein queen if itll come and bite you in the ass in the second game.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

It's kinda hard to reason with a Krogan if you don't have good Charm or Intimidate scores

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski

Shepard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee489577a60c
    deactivated-5ee489577a60c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dunno. If you really feel that badly about killing Wrex it might warrant a new playthrough if you really liked the game. 

Also: you evil murderer !!! :P

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By AndrooD2

Don't presume too much. Just roll with it and see how it plays out.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Hmm I'm still trying to rush my way through Mass Effect (I kept delaying it since the day it came out, as much as I like it, dunno why) in time for the sequel, which looks like it might realize the best of MEs potential. 

Anyway Wrex is a total G, and I don't want to lose him. Is there any defining moment, or dialogue choice that'll cause or prevent this? Or is it just a series of choices? I know I'll never pick it intentionally, but I don't want to make that mistake either. WIll I recognize when I'm at this decision? Looks like this happened to the OP by accident, so I wouldn't mind finding ways to prevent it.  

Also Ashley sucks, I can lose her, and don't want to pursue any relationship stuff with her, so whatever it takes to keep Wrex alive. 

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ErrorOperator
    @XII_Sniper:  You will know completely when it comes to the time, and ashley does suck... me. MMMMMMMM
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

It probably won't effect anything....Actually Grunt might hate you more since you killed one of his kind.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ
    @ErrorOperator:  Oh okay right on. Thanks man. 

Crap I don't have any time to finish this game. I picked noveria first and benezia is kicking my ass. I should probably try and leave, and trek over to Feros or something. I honestly don'T know why they gave you the option, from a story perspective, and from sheer difficulty, Feros should just be forced first.
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By General_D23

I'm thinking that if you killed Wrex nobody will even remember him. Wrex's family was pretty much all dead, anyway, the way he was talking in the first game.
    ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ErrorOperator
    @General_D23:  So what you saying is, because i didnt help wrex his whole family is going to die!? OH FUCK
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marz
    @XII_Sniper:  Increase your charm points when you can, then when the time comes to talk to Wrex, you should be able to get a Blue dialogue option where he calms down and doesn't get killed.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

You can always go back and play it again before Mass Effect 2 comes out.  If I recall correctly, the main storyline without side missions doesn't take very long.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By General_D23
    @ErrorOperator said:
    " @General_D23:  So what you saying is, because i didnt help wrex his whole family is going to die!? OH FUCK "
    What? No, the only living family member he even mentioned in the first game was his grandfather, who I heavily doubt is still alive. 

He never mentioned any other family, so for all we can assume, either they are dead or don't care about him.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Marz: Hahah okay awesome. This is great, I always focus on that in games anyway. I talked my way through most of Fallout 3. Kinda ruined it, but I love that those options are there sometimes.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Geno
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " I wonder if you saved that alein queen if itll come and bite you in the ass in the second game. "
    If that happens, serves you right. Never save an insectoid alien queen. That's like rule 1 of space survival. 
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " I wonder if you saved that alein queen if itll come and bite you in the ass in the second game. "
    Some of the party members do urge you to keep the Queen alive..  because she may be a powerful ally in the future :)
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jkz
    @Geno said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    If that happens, serves you right. Never save an insectoid alien queen. That's like rule 1 of space survival.  "
    But duuuude, she was so damn cool!
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marz
    @General_D23:  He mentioned his Father, who he killed with his own dagger when he got ambushed at a tribal meeting of sorts.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Capum15
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    Some of the party members do urge you to keep the Queen alive..  because she may be a powerful ally in the future :) "
    I'm totally hoping that either late ME2 or in ME3, you and your party are getting your asses handed to you, and when you think you're dead, *bam*, Rachni reinforcements burst out of the ground and stab the crap out of your enemies. 

Though for ME2, it'd probably be on Noveria (unless the Queen somehow got off the planet soon after you left). Depending on how far in the future ME3 is, it would be (somewhat) possible (And awesome).
    bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By bacongames

This is why you kill that bitch first chance you get.  Honestly who kept that space racist? 

@jukezypoo said:

" @Geno said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    If that happens, serves you right. Never save an insectoid alien queen. That's like rule 1 of space survival.  "
    But duuuude, she was so damn cool! "
    I know.  Besides she owes you anyway.  IMAGINE being utterly screwed and then all of a sudden Rachni devour everyone except your crew.  That would be cool.

Of course they can just be a menace on the galaxy but I like mine better.

Seriously though I say replay the game and make sure all the big choices are as you like them.  I wouldn't be able to play ME2 if I was happy with my choices.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Capum15
    @Tuffgong: Wow, mere seconds apart.
    bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By bacongames
    @Capum15 said:

" @Tuffgong: Wow, mere seconds apart. "

That just made my day.  A literal lol moment.

That and dude WHAT?!  Baddass minds think alike I guess.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Capum15
    @Tuffgong: Yeah they do.

I've always wondered about that whole deal, and just came to the conclusion, "They should have a big ' Dynamic Entry!' moment and save your ass."

I mean, she did bring up the fact that she had no idea why the "old Rachni" went to war and was glad that you let her live. That conclusion is also a lot better than like you said, the "Menace to the Galaxy" thing.

And a thousand times better than never being heard of again, but knowing that "Bugs are singing songs about you now."
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cornman89

I also hope the Queen saves my ass sometime before the end of the trilogy, though it would be pretty damn funny if it was the opposite.

As for the Wrex issue, just start a new paragon save if it bothers you that much. (That's what i did.) Then, before you go to Virimire, do the "Wrex's Armor" quest, which will unlock the dialogue choice you need to save his life (they'll be the first choices on the left side of the dialogue circle thing, upper left for Paragon obviously). That way you don't even need conversation skill! Yay!

Another option, which I've heard of but never tried myself and therefore cannot vouch for, is to simply not recruit Wrex until Virimire is over and done with. He'll never know what you did...

Good luck. Shepard.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Dustpan
    @Marz said:
    " It's kinda hard to reason with a Krogan if you don't have good Charm or Intimidate scores "
    Or if you get his family armor.
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Mrnitropb

Just don't convert his armor to Omni Gel.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jmrwacko
    @ErrorOperator said:
    " @General_D23:  So what you saying is, because i didnt help wrex his whole family is going to die!? OH FUCK "
    No, what he's saying is that because you didn't help wrex your game will explode upon entering your disc drive.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By CenturionCajun

I personally think they are going to do something ala Dragon Age: Origins recruiting different groups to fight in the final battle with you. Something like if you save the Rachni and spare Wrex you end up with an army of bug soldiers and pissed of lizards on your side against the Reapers in the third games final showdown.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.