Load times are beyond awful if you don't have this installed.

  • 73 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Shit, when I watched the quick look I was worried, because while installing usually does help, it's usually not THAT big of a difference. But when I played it, it was just a ridiculous difference. In the quicklook Jeff waited on the disguised load screen area of the Normandy for a long ass time, and when the game is installed it's almost instant. And the armor shit wouldn't even load in the quicklook, and while installed it's almost instant for me.

So yeah. You should probably install the game if you have the space.

#2 Posted by TheAmericanAce (46 posts) -
#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@CL60: So how big is the install for both discs?
#4 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@CL60: So how big is the install for both discs?

14.6 gigs I think.

Disc 1 - 7.6 GB

Disc 2 - 7.0 GB

#5 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

But you have a great rig duder, why play on Xbox? Loading time is instant on PC. 
 
Also: 
@TheAmericanAce said:

Amazing.
#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5484 posts) -

Almost non existent on PC. Sucks for you though.

#7 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Loading time is instant on PC.
#8 Posted by Pie (7058 posts) -

Bunch of PC elitist idiots

#9 Posted by Milkman (16535 posts) -

That's pretty ridiculous. I would assume that the number of people who install games to their hard drive is an extremely small percentage so I would that EA patches this soon.

#10 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I have it installed and have been super happy with the loading times, especially compared to ME2. I was very surprised.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Time for the PC elitist to stretch out their cocks for all of us to see. Too bad their too small to actually recognize. I'll have to install both discs since loading times are a hassle on consoles.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@MayorFeedback said:

I have it installed and have been super happy with the loading times, especially compared to ME2. I was very surprised.

Same here, barely time to look up to my second screen and browse GB. 
Luxury problem.
#13 Posted by Zidd (1838 posts) -

Thankfully I did the AAA title ritual of installing both discs, punching in codes and downloading DLCs before playing the game.

#14 Posted by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

I dunno what your talking about, I have the ps3 version, and imo the loading times are not that bad. I have experienced waaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

And that is why I have a large Hard Drive for my 360. 

#16 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@PhantomGardener said:

I dunno what your talking about, I have the ps3 version, and imo the loading times are not that bad. I have experienced waaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

Well he was talking about the 360 version so you wouldn't know what he was talking about would you? Silly.

#17 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Solution. Buy on PC and have 2 second load times. Worked for me.

#18 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

The Armor is still pretty bad even when Installed. I've had cases of me trying to look at the new piece I picked up, and it won't load at all.

#19 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Time for the PC elitist to stretch out their cocks for all of us to see. Too bad their too small to actually recognize. I'll have to install both discs since loading times are a hassle on consoles.

We are the 1%!

#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Pie said:

Bunch of PC elitist idiots

Banned from the BF3 server, you stupid cake.
#21 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:

The Armor is still pretty bad even when Installed. I've had cases of me trying to look at the new piece I picked up, and it won't load at all.

I had this, but here's a few tips: when going down to the armory, wait a few seconds before going into the screen. When you do, give it another few seconds before you start hitting switches. It only started to chug for me when I would load right into it and start hitting all this shit.
#22 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

The PC version of this game is awesome, no load times just another bonus

#23 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@gla55jAw said:

The Armor is still pretty bad even when Installed. I've had cases of me trying to look at the new piece I picked up, and it won't load at all.

I had this, but here's a few tips: when going down to the armory, wait a few seconds before going into the screen. When you do, give it another few seconds before you start hitting switches. It only started to chug for me when I would load right into it and start hitting all this shit.

I did wait for the armor set to load up before I started switching, but I'll try out waiting when I get down to the armory. Thanks.

#24 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

I'm no PC elitist, have you seen my green name but some of the problems i have read about make me glad i got this on PC, not this loading stuff that's minor compared to regular disk swapping.

Remember when Forza 3 came out and looked like it solved some of the double disk problems by allowing an install, where did that option slink off to?

#25 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@Milkman: Your assumption is very wrong.

#26 Posted by Milkman (16535 posts) -
@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@Milkman: Your assumption is very wrong.

Oh, really? Got any proof to back that up? Not everyone has a huge hard drive and even if they do, a lot don't even know of the "install to hard drive" option.
#27 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Load times have actually been pretty great for me. A lot better than ME2's.

But I'm on PC.

#28 Posted by StrainedEyes (1322 posts) -

Yeah my load times are much better than they were in the Quick Look, but they still aren't great, especially with the armor selection.

#29 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I disagree. I had the first disk installed but not the second and the load time differences between them were negligible at best.

#30 Posted by ShaggE (6336 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

The PC version of this game is awesome, no load times just another bonus

Yeah, I'm hugely impressed by the PC version. Even my aging system is decimating this game. ME2 ran great as well, but this is on a whole other level.

#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@buft said:

I'm no PC elitist, have you seen my green name but some of the problems i have read about make me glad i got this on PC, 

What the hell does PC elitist mean anyway? Why don't you call the people who said the X360 version of Bayonetta is better than the PS3 one "Xbox elitists?" Because it's true isn't it? So what's elitist about it?
#32 Posted by azrailx (242 posts) -

^ hes just mad

#33 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

Yeah, load times are way better than ME2. It's pretty impressive. I have the PC version, btw.

#34 Edited by Jimbo (9775 posts) -
#35 Posted by RuthLoose (780 posts) -

Good thing I am waiting for the GameBoy Color version then. I would hate to deal with those load times the console folks seem to be running into.

#36 Posted by tunaburn (1886 posts) -

im ok with load times on my 360. ive seen worse.

#37 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

@RuthLoose said:

Good thing I am waiting for the GameBoy Color version then. I would hate to deal with those load times the console folks seem to be running into.

How many carts does it come on?

#38 Posted by RuthLoose (780 posts) -

@RandomHero666 said:

@RuthLoose said:

Good thing I am waiting for the GameBoy Color version then. I would hate to deal with those load times the console folks seem to be running into.

How many carts does it come on?

It totally depends on whether you get the Soul Silver or Heart Gold version. Soul Silver nets you Ashley Williams/Tali/Vega while Heart Gold comes with Garrus/Liara/Kaiden. Transfer cable FTW!

#39 Posted by laserbolts (5313 posts) -

I'm playing on the 360 and my load times are fine. Not installed either.

#40 Posted by AssInAss (2545 posts) -

Jeez, why not get it on PC? Most middling cards can play it 40-50 FPS no problem.

My laptop with ATI mobility 5650 played it at like 60 fps, max settings. Not a very graphic intensive game.

#41 Edited by Zelyre (1128 posts) -

I didn't even know that blue scanner was a masked load area until I watched the quick look. Shepard just walks right through it as if it were a beaded curtain. I was told there are load screens that give tidbits of gameplay hints and lore? I haven't seen any yet.

I do have the game installed, though.

On the solid state drive in my PC. Doctor Jones.

#42 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@Zelyre: Even on my HDD I usually don't have time to read the loading hints :P

#43 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

Jeez, why not get it on PC? Most middling cards can play it 40-50 FPS no problem.

My laptop with ATI mobility 5650 played it at like 60 fps, max settings. Not a very graphic intensive game.

It still uses the same tech that ME used, no big surprise. ME4 running Frostbite 2 would be awesome, even more lens flares!

#44 Posted by Bocam (3672 posts) -

On my PS3 some load times are 2 minutes long

#45 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

On my PC it takes no more than 1 second to load anything. I'm not exaggerating this, SSD is godlike.

#46 Posted by VooDooPC (313 posts) -

@Sooty said:

On my PC it takes no more than 1 second to load anything. I'm not exaggerating this, SSD is godlike.

I'm running an SSD too, any screens with tips might as well not be there because I read the first word and the game is loaded.

Mass Effect 2 made you watch the loading animations while the game loaded, even if the game loaded instantly they still made you finish watching the animations. I'm happy they got rid of that.

#47 Edited by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

??? really i dont have it installed on 360 and it runs just fine for me :/

also ive barely had to switch discs maybe 3 times in the entirety of the game and ive done everything

#48 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@buft said:

I'm no PC elitist, have you seen my green name but some of the problems i have read about make me glad i got this on PC,

What the hell does PC elitist mean anyway? Why don't you call the people who said the X360 version of Bayonetta is better than the PS3 one "Xbox elitists?" Because it's true isn't it? So what's elitist about it?

I don't use the term, it was in response to several people using the term in the first handful of replies.

As far as i know it means people who fail to see that games can exist on other platforms other than PC, who constantly flout the benefit of keyboard/ mouse over a control pad and can't fathom how people can play games at less than 1080p with less than 60fps.

#49 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

Seriously what did you guys expect? The DVD drive to load faster than the HD drive?

#50 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

I think they have improved the load times a lot since Mass Effect 2 BUT they are still noticeable. My biggest gripe is that every damn area has to load this way. They ain't that huge! I feel like we have come further than this tech wise. To compare It's like Skyward Sword (but with more logical load areas), it feel kind of an old way to handle it. I would have preferred a longer load for an whole area (Citadell & Normandy) that I then could explore freely. It makes going around talking to comrades and people such a shore and that's to bad since you want to do those things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.