Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Release of Reviews

• 102 results
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tunaburn

@SmasheControllers said:

@Dany: Jessica Chobot's in the game, It just doesn't seem right for them to review a game with someone they know in it.

giantbomb reviews games made by people they consider friends. just because one of thier employees is in it doesnt mean they shouldnt review it.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By l3roken

Jeff tweeted he had a family emergency yesterday and work might fall behind because of it so his review may be late. Hopefully word gets around so people can stave off their fiery hatred in case something terrible is going on and give him some support instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Drakoji

They know how to hype their game and market them.

Review are marketting, deal with it.

Hey man, can you PM this exact quote to Jeff's account on Anime Vice? That would be just fucking peachy.
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By bybeach

I do not believe for a second GB will give this game a 5 because of...EA. I do not agree with some of their reviews, and I am in revolt over the numerical system. But this by my experience is a good site. now there are other good sites..more or less, but this is a site I believe in, because if nothing else Jeff has an actual real history of making the accusation of a slanted review for  an outside interest bullshit. 

Like a lot of other ppl., I peg too much on the staff and GB, but after all it is a site looped back to it's users, more so than others. Kind of silly sometimes how the expectations and accusations go.Other times, say when Dave and Vinny post real-time w/chat an old rpg on the site they fooled with on a saturday, it is absolute paydirt.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By iamjohn
    Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Dogma

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

http://blastreviews.com/mass-effect-3-review-b.php

Wow, this is the worst fucking website ever.

They have a review of Max Payne 3 so yeah..... I would not even trust them have played Mass Effect 3. I mean...I could have written that review based on preview coverage.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By stryker1121

@Korwin said:

I would be incredibly amused to see a 3/5 from Brad or Jeff on this one. I loved those first two games (you don't wanna know how many play through's of ME1 I've done), but I think I would almost enjoy the explosive internet rage that would occur as a result of a middle of the road score even more.

Hell, a 4/5 would cause this forum to explode, I'm fairly sure. Woe betide any reviewer that gives ME3 less than 9/10. One side you'll have the "I told ya so, BioWare is worse than Hitler" types, on the other you'll have those ragingly trying to justify their purchase. Round and round it goes.

Honestly, reviews mean fuck all to me these days. My views on games don't match up to the reviewers any more. I'd rather get the scoop from non-journo gamers. Regardless, I'm picking ME3 up tomorrow morning and will see for myself what's the what.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Jayzilla

@stryker1121 said:

@Korwin said:

I would be incredibly amused to see a 3/5 from Brad or Jeff on this one. I loved those first two games (you don't wanna know how many play through's of ME1 I've done), but I think I would almost enjoy the explosive internet rage that would occur as a result of a middle of the road score even more.

Hell, a 4/5 would cause this forum to explode, I'm fairly sure. Woe betide any reviewer that gives ME3 less than 9/10. One side you'll have the "I told ya so, BioWare is worse than Hitler" types, on the other you'll have those ragingly trying to justify their purchase. Round and round it goes.

Honestly, reviews mean fuck all to me these days. My views on games don't match up to the reviewers any more. I'd rather get the scoop from non-journo gamers. Regardless, I'm picking ME3 up tomorrow morning and will see for myself what's the what.

Everything makes everyone explode on this website. This is one of the rage-ier websites for video games on the internet. I come here because the Top Men and I share the same tastes in video games. I don't like the games Ryan plays, but at least he is honest. That is more important.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By solidwolf52

Are people really questioning Jeff's integrity with reviews? He was fired from GS for standing by a poor review score even though there was pressure from the advertisers.

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Drakoji

@Brodehouse:

Why would I do that, he would not answer it, and it's not a question.

I like Jeff, part of why I pay per month for this website is for Jeff. But I'm not really on par with him on video games opinion, but I respect him as person.

I'm sure that Giantbomb is not like IGN, but they are kind of Biased about ME3 with that podcast and they are really fanboy-ish about the franchise.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By prestonhedges

@solidwolf52 said:

Are people really questioning Jeff's integrity with reviews? He was fired from GS for standing by a poor review score even though there was pressure from the advertisers.

Prove it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#62  Edited By JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

@Dany: Jessica Chobot's in the game, It just doesn't seem right for them to review a game with someone they know in it.

Several editors know and are friends with developers. Yet they review those developer's games. The GB editors are friends with Johnny V. and have reviewed his games. They are professionals. This is what they do. It isn't any different with IGN.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JasonR86

@gladspooky said:

@solidwolf52 said:

Prove it.

Yeah!

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By solidwolf52

@gladspooky said:

@solidwolf52 said:

Prove it.

You know I can't do that, but the circumstantial evidence is there.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By iamjohn

@gladspooky said:

@solidwolf52 said:

Prove it.

Hahahahaha really? Like, okay, you don't think Jeff is a good or honest critic or whatever, that's fine. But please don't try to re-write history here, pal.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By doobie

@Drakoji said:

They know how to hype their game and market them.

Review are marketting, deal with it.

then why doesn't every game get a great review?

if its so easy to buy a great review why doesn't every publisher buy them?

or is it just evil EA... or activison when you weirdo's get round too hating them again

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By stinky

@Jeust said:

@stinky said:

@Jeust said:

ad in disguise.

I can see the review after the add, although the add is really annoying.

read the review. they have never seen the game. its like a horoscope, they use the most general terminology possible.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By endaround
    @JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

Several editors know and are friends with developers. Yet they review those developer's games. The GB editors are friends with Johnny V. and have reviewed his games. They are professionals. This is what they do. It isn't any different with IGN.

Giantbomb didn't review Bastion for a reason
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iamjohn

@stinky said:

@Jeust said:

@stinky said:

@Jeust said:

ad in disguise.

read the review. they have never seen the game. its like a horoscope, they use the most general terminology possible.

Not to mention that of the eight other reviews on the site, half of them are for unreleased games.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JasonR86

@endaround said:

@JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

But they reviewed Tron: Evolution (a Johnny V. joint). I'm not saying editors are always unbiased. But, by and large, they are. If they feel like they wouldn't be able to stay objective I would hope they would keep themselves from reviewing a product. As you mentioned, the GB guys didn't review Bastion. Greg Miller did something similar. He didn't review Infamous 2 because he was too attached to Infamous 1. Reviewers mostly know when they are going to be biased and when they aren't. That's why they are professionals. Looking for some hidden agenda behind IGN's review of ME 3 is pointless. There just isn't anything there.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By prestonhedges

@iAmJohn said:

@gladspooky said:

@solidwolf52 said:

Prove it.

Hahahahaha really? Like, okay, you don't think Jeff is a good or honest critic or whatever, that's fine. But please don't try to re-write history here, pal.

Thanks for the proof.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By stryker1121

@Jayzilla said:

@stryker1121 said:

@Korwin said:

Everything makes everyone explode on this website. This is one of the rage-ier websites for video games on the internet. I come here because the Top Men and I share the same tastes in video games. I don't like the games Ryan plays, but at least he is honest. That is more important.

I like the community here, and as I'm fairly new I haven't noticed too much rage. But if ME3 gets middling scores i have no doubt this place (along with untold gaming sites across the spectrum) will go nutso.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By Animasta

@JasonR86 said:

@endaround said:

@JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

But they reviewed Tron: Evolution (a Johnny V. joint). I'm not saying editors are always unbiased. But, by and large, they are. If they feel like they wouldn't be able to stay objective I would hope they would keep themselves from reviewing a product. As you mentioned, the GB guys didn't review Bastion. Greg Miller did something similar. He didn't review Infamous 2 because he was too attached to Infamous 1. Reviewers mostly know when they are going to be biased and when they aren't. That's why they are professionals. Looking for some hidden agenda behind IGN's review of ME 3 is pointless. There just isn't anything there.

johnny doesn't do anything but PR

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Deusx

@Hunkulese said:

@Deusx said:

@Dany said:

@SmasheControllers said:

oh, thats true, shit. i need to watch jar time

EDIT: just realized, Jeff giving anything lower than 5/5 is going to create some nerd rage O_O

I'm not going to like these forums in the next few days, am I?

What Nerd rage? Haven't you been informed? 99% of the internet hates ME3 and all things Bioware. If Jeff gives this less than a 4 people will be happy. I know I will.

Why would a review score have any effect on your disposition?

Immature hate approved by Jeff Gerstmann?... Can't get better than that.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JasonR86

@Animasta said:

@JasonR86 said:

@endaround said:

@JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

johnny doesn't do anything but PR

It was still a product he was involved with and took credit for. The department he worked for is irrelevant.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Animasta

@JasonR86: I don't think so, because tron not being received well was nothing johnny could realistically be blamed for.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JasonR86

@Animasta:

Again, that's irrelevant. It is a team project. Say the sound design is great in a game but everything else is terrible. That does not mean that the sound design is free from feeling bad about a poor product. The entire team is responsible for the good and bad that comes from a product that is released.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Animasta

@JasonR86 said:

@Animasta:

Again, that's irrelevant. It is a team project. Say the sound design is great in a game but everything else is terrible. That does not mean that the sound design is free from feeling bad about a poor product. The entire team is responsible for the good and bad that comes from a product that is released.

PR doesn't work on the game though, beyond occasionally being testers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@endaround
    @JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

Because they didn't want to deal with this controversy. It wasn't because they didn't trust themselves to do a good job. It was because of fuckheads like the people in this thread. If you listened to the Bombcast or the GOTY discussions, they are full on capable of talking about any game based on its merits and not their access to it.

Jeff stated that the BF3 review process was one of the five worst processes in his entire career. I still think he's capable of judging or discussing that game purely on its merits. What is it about Colin from IGN that people doubt his ethics?
    lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lclay
    @PrivateIronTFU said:

@Floppypants said:

Here's your early Game Informer review, via twitter:

Just finished ME3, and I just want say thanks to CaseyDHudsonRayMuzyka, DoktorZee, and all of bioware for the game. WOW.

Obviously he's being paid off! Didn't you see LordXavierBritish's impotent man-child rage thread?

I read the first paragraph of that thread and then closed it because I thought it probably had a bunch spoilers. Just how stupid is it?
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#81  Edited By Undeadpool

@stryker1121 said:

@Korwin said:

Right? It's a lose/lose for these poor reviewers. Even if it gets a 5/5, you'll just get the OTHER, equally absurd, side accusing them of being bought off and screaming about how it's impossible to get an unbiased review (IE: one that agrees with their sensibilities).

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By myke_tuna

To answer some things I read a few posts back, I think the reason they didn't review Bastion was because they did that behind the scenes stuff about it.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By dtat

@lclay said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Floppypants said:

Here's your early Game Informer review, via twitter:

Just finished ME3, and I just want say thanks to CaseyDHudsonRayMuzyka, DoktorZee, and all of bioware for the game. WOW.

Obviously he's being paid off! Didn't you see LordXavierBritish's impotent man-child rage thread?

I read the first paragraph of that thread and then closed it because I thought it probably had a bunch spoilers. Just how stupid is it?

It's not so much stupid as it is hyperbolic. I have trouble believing he isn't exaggerating hugely.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By prestonhedges

@Undeadpool said:

@stryker1121 said:

@Korwin said:

Right? It's a lose/lose for these poor reviewers. Even if it gets a 5/5, you'll just get the OTHER, equally absurd, side accusing them of being bought off and screaming about how it's impossible to get an unbiased review (IE: one that agrees with their sensibilities).

People have opinions and like to defend them, what a shock.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Milkman
    @tunaburn said:

@SmasheControllers said:

giantbomb reviews games made by people they consider friends. just because one of thier employees is in it doesnt mean they shouldnt review it.

Pretty sure if Brad was IN a game, Giant Bomb wouldn't review it.  

In related news, I now want to play a game with Brad in it.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Jeust

@iAmJohn said:

@stinky said:

@Jeust said:

@stinky said:

@Jeust said:

ad in disguise.

Not to mention that of the eight other reviews on the site, half of them are for unreleased games.

ah, i didn't read it. ^^"

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#87  Edited By Entreri10

@Milkman said:

@tunaburn said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Pretty sure if Brad was IN a game, Giant Bomb wouldn't review it. In related news, I now want to play a game with Brad in it.

I would now like to defeat the Reapers with Jeff's Murder Slingshot.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#88  Edited By fobwashed

@JasonR86 said:

@endaround said:

@JasonR86

@SmasheControllers said:

Also, just to throw it out there, I listened to a podcast recently where they were very vocal in their displeasure about Chobot being in Mass Effect 3. Specifically, that seeing someone they're friends with IRL in a game would be a bit jarring and take them out of the game. They went on to say that anyone working on their side of the industry should not be put into games and some such other business. Even still, I'd only see this becoming an issue if Chobot herself reviewed the game she was in.

If you question IGN's journalistic integrity, then that's a whole nother thing apart from this individual case. Otherwise, I don't think it's an issue. Also, in the case of Bastion, I think Jason hit the nail on the head. They had the team over multiple times and had a whole special series of videos depicting the game being made specifically for this site. They got close to a point where it'd have been hard to objectively review the game though every chance they got, they did praise it's awesomeness including Bastion winning a number of the annual awards. There's a huge difference between the closeness of this entire site to bastion and one editor being put into the game. . . though I'm curious as to how that process went down and if there was any money changing hands.

Anyway, I'm trying to keep myself from buying a Vita. . .

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89  Edited By fobwashed

@Milkman said:

@tunaburn said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Pretty sure if Brad was IN a game, Giant Bomb wouldn't review it. In related news, I now want to play a game with Brad in it.

If some wrestling game put in Brad Shoemaker as a playable character, I could totally see Jeff reviewing the game. If the game sucked, I'd like to think Brad being in there wouldn't skew his opinion on it one iota aside from some kind of joke line about Brad sucking at games and in games or something.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Animasta

@Milkman said:

@tunaburn said:

@SmasheControllers said:

he would be a terrific voice actor

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By napalm
    @Dtat said:

It's so much stupid as it is hyperbolic. I have trouble believing he isn't exaggerating hugely.

I'd like to believe he is and he's really just trolling everybody very hard.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Mother fuckers you think you can hide from me.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AndrewB

Now I need to make Brad Shepard. Or someone else can do it and hook me up with the codes for it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By napalm
    @LordXavierBritish said:

I see it now. You are just trolling very hard. Technically, you succeeded, because everybody is either agreeing with you, or is very angry at you.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Animasta

@Napalm said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I see it now. You are just trolling very hard. Technically, you succeeded, because everybody is either agreeing with you, or is very angry at you.

I think he makes salient points while also being crazy, so you're WRONG.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By napalm
    @Animasta said:

@Napalm said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

You're also crazy, so: shut up.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Animasta

@Napalm said:

@Animasta said:

@Napalm said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

You're also crazy, so: shut up.

nuhuh

but seriously at this point no one's getting convinced either way so it's really just pointless.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#98  Edited By Undeadpool

@gladspooky: There's a line between "Defending your opinion" and "accusing someone of being on the take because you feel that their opinion is objectively incorrect".

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jimbo

Does Game Informer often give bad scores to big games? It would make no sense at all for a store brochure to tell people not to go out and buy one of the most hyped games of the year. Not saying they're wrong, just saying their massive and undeniable conflict of interest makes their judgement pretty worthless.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@LordXavierBritish said:

Your avatar pic makes this priceless. The forums have justified their existence for today!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.