Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Apr 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the latest portable entry in the Metal Gear franchise, and the second canonical Metal Gear title produced for the PSP. Set in Costa Rica, Peace Walker puts you in control of Big Boss once again as he prepares the rise of Outer Heaven.

NEW MGS: Peace Walker Demo - Available November 1st

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Kojima-san has announced on Kojiblog that the new MGS Peace Walker demo will hit this coming Sunday - November 1st. 

The new demo will feature a third new control scheme that came about after feedback from players at TGS. The demo is basically a revised version of the TGS show floor demo which wasn't distributed. The demo will be offered through PlayStation Network, the Peace Walker official site, and various other web sites simultaneously.  

This new demo should be considerably better, Kojima-san has revealed that the first demo we got was made way before TGS, meaning this new demo will be a  better reflection of the game fans will play in the retail release.  

The demo will be feature a new stage and the ability to control the camera during the game's cut scenes, improved enemy A.I  & behaviour patterns, as well as changes to the CQC system. It will also have a fourth wallpaper.  

QuickThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By QuickThumbs

Nice! Thanks for the information. I will be checking this out.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

In classic Kojima style, there's a little back-story to the name of the demo, which is scribbled on the CD above ^. The TGS demo's Japanese name can be translated to "Not Demoed Prevention Version," meaning that it was released to prevent people from not demoing Peace Walker. The new demo's name is titled "Unfinished Prevention Version," meaning that it's being used to prevent the final version of the game from being unfinished or unpolished.    
    Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Tirrandir

I already thought the default Peace Walker control scheme was fine.  My A ranks weren't too hard to achieve.  But ... I suppose I might check this out.  Game is pretty solid.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Tirrandir said:
    " I already thought the default Peace Walker control scheme was fine.  My A ranks weren't too hard to achieve.  But ... I suppose I might check this out.  Game is pretty solid. "

More choice is better for all.  

The A.I will have stepped up a touch if what he says is true. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

English?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

I think it's a good idea they came up with multiple control schemes, I've heard some people disliked Portable Ops due to the controls (I really didn't have an issue with them myself). Looking forward to this game.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1

this is great, thanks

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @brukaoru said:  

Agreed - i really enjoyed portable ops- it was a great psp game and the controls were just fine, a lot of people will find something to complain about though ^_^
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @OmegaPirate said:

"@brukaoru said:   Agreed - i really enjoyed portable ops- it was a great psp game and the controls were just fine, a lot of people will find something to complain about though ^_^ "

I loved the game but the controls really were horrible. Having to let go of your character's control to move the camera? It should have been a top-down based game with an automatic corner camera like the first Metal Gear Solid on the PlayStation since there's no way to offer good camera control on the PSP even if the game actually needs it, like Portable Ops did since the camera doesn't do anything good on its own (unlike if it was top down and you still had your trademark radar), and other games like Monster Hunter (which I also love).

I played the first demo a little bit and liked the control somewhat more, but I'll endure bad controls for a good game just like I did for Portable Ops if I have to, I just hope this game keeps the replayable aspect of Portable Ops, gathering resources and intelligence from previous levels and what not, and choosing what order to tackle levels with, with a couple of branching paths, random enemy placements in levels, etc. From the little content of the first demo (you chose the level from a map-like view in a similar manner I think) I think it will have that but I'm not sure.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

To access the new control scheme known as "Hunters" : 

During a mission, press start to open the menu window, and move the cursor to the "詳細マップ" (Details Map). Then, input up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, x, and circle.      

Konami are giving out this pamphlet as part of it's retail push:  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm looking forward to playing this on my PSP Go.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

The game goes on sale on March 18ih in Japan, according to the website. The Website for the West still has no date yet. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Demo just went up on the PAL PSN store.
    Looking forward to finally playing through this, as MGS3 is still easily my favourite in the series.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

I just finished the localised demo for the first time. I liked it. The frame rate is a bit too low but workable. The tank battle was fun, I finished it in single player but I imagine it's more fun in co-op. I hope the full game's setup resembles that of Portable Ops a little more, with the randomly placed enemies and equipment every time you decide to revisit a level. Do we know if it will have more classes or if you will customise those as you progress through the game with different weapons and gear? I wish they kept more elements from Portable Ops, it was really fun and replayable. This seems good too, a little more conventional in its approach but I guess the co-op elements make it fresh also, though I don't see myself playing it like that. Is the online mode actually online or does it need that PS3 application or something? I left it to find a host to play the tank battle for a while but it came up with nothing (then again maybe it's regional and it's a bit late here). Anyway, fun stuff and the comic book cut scenes are ace. Got this:

Yeah, not done it on the tank battle mission yet :-P
    slayerofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By slayerofheroes
    @QuickThumbs said:
    " Nice! Thanks for the information. I will be checking this out. "
    slayerofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By slayerofheroes
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "  

The game goes on sale on March 18ih in Japan, according to the website. The Website for the West still has no date yet. 

"
    may 25 is the NA release date according to an article over at gamespot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.