Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Lulzsec strikes Minecraft

• 121 results
    InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InternetCrab

LulzSec has risen once again. Now he's after Mojang. Lulzsec, about 30 minutes ago, hacked the Minecraft server, he posts on his twitter.

No Minecraft with friends nor online for a few days dudes.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By InternetCrab

He's been doing this all day, looking for new targets, and it's called TitanicTakeOverTuesday. He asks on Twitter for people to say targets to hack.

This is not good.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Stop hating on them! lulzsec are NICE GUYS ! 

Minecrafts security was obviously just not up to snuff, needless to say i shall not be purchasing another minecraft product for some time

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jay444111
    @InternetCrab said:
     LulzSec has risen once again. Now he's after Mojang. Lulzsec, about 30 minutes ago, hacked the Minecraft server, he posts on his twitter.  No Minecraft with friends nor online for a few days dudes.
    Okay that is FUCKING IT! you fuck with PSN and you get the fucking government after you, you then hack nintendo and then epic and the fucking Bethesda and release peoples personal info just because they wouldn't put a dumbass hat in your game, that is FUCKING IT! I sugguest capital punishment LIVE on tv on every fucking channel to make them a fucking example. NO ONE FUCKS WITH MINECRAFT and get away ALIVE. I am fucking angry and hackers need to start dying NOW.
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Huh, I'm in the GB server right now.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

What a stupid pussy.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Not much to hack there, since Minecraft doesn't deal with credit card information and such. Everything goes through Pay-Pal. A password could be compromised but that's about it. Well.. unless you have the same password for your Paypal account of course.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I don't understand the point of going around and hacking all of these game devs and companies. What happened that people on the internet are so pissed?

Avatar image for iichristian89ii
    IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IIChristian89II

well that sucks. I didnt care about psn or nintendo. Bethsda pissed me off a little bit but i actually really enjoy minecraft, at first it was 'lulz' but now its just boring.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InternetCrab
    @PhatSeeJay said:

Not much to hack there, since Minecraft doesn't deal with credit card information and such. Everything goes through Pay-Pal. A password could be compromised but that's about it. Well.. unless you have the same password for your Paypal account of course.

He still stops the servers so people can't play online (or with friends). Luckily yes, they don't deal with CC info. 

Following LulzSec on twitter is great, since he post things about each 10 minutes about things he's planning and all, so that's a great idea to do that if you have the tweets.
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jams

@No0b0rAmA: Probably just getting a real ego trip. Adrenaline rush and all that. The more he does it (especially when the hacks are so close together) the higher the chance he'll slip up and they'll catch him. That's how it always works in the movies anyways.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jay444111
    @IIChristian89II said:
    well that sucks. I didnt care about psn or nintendo. Bethsda pissed me off a little bit but i actually really enjoy minecraft, at first it was 'lulz' but now its just boring.
    Soooo.... releasing over 200K peoples info from bethesda is okay with you? 

IMO we need to start issuing some fucking death penalties for this shit, right now. Live on TV. Sure it may make hackers pissed off to read me saying this. but to be quite honest, they deserve it for all the shit PSN and everyone else being hacked and their info comprimized. Examples need to be made now.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It sounds like they're just ddosing a bunch of shit right now. That's not really hacking, it's just using already hacked computers to pound servers with a shit load of traffic and taking them down. They've done it to The Escapist, EVE Online and some random company that provides some security services for the government within the last hour. They've got a phone number and are asking people to call in suggesting targets. They're calling it "#TitanicTakeoverTuesday" on twitter.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

Send the coward to Guantanamo. Make him pray for federal rape-me-in-the ass prison.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By triple07

Someone needs to just cut off these assholes' hands so they can't use a computer anymore. It's not funny, its not helpful and its just annoying and mean spirited. 

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By UlquioKani
    @OmegaPirate said:
    Stop hating on them! lulzsec are NICE GUYS !  Minecrafts security was obviously just not up to snuff, needless to say i shall not be purchasing another minecraft product for some time
    you can't justify illegal activities by saying security was not up to snuff.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@InternetCrab said:

@PhatSeeJay said:

He still stops the servers so people can't play online. Luckily yes, they don't deal with CC info. Following LulzSec on twitter is great, since he post things about each 10 minutes about things he's planning and all, so that's a great idea to do that if you have the tweets.

Not the first time Minecraft have been attacked though. They are already back up again.

ShadowKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadowKirby

They also took down EVE Online and The Escapist Magazine.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Barrock

Really wish someone who could actually hack would hack them back. Hacker on hacker action would be hot.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InternetCrab

There's alot of people telling him to hack Facebook. Oh shit.

Avatar image for iichristian89ii
    IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IIChristian89II
    @Jay444111: When did i say it was ok? lol Chill out man.  

I said that hacking bethesda pissed me off.
    Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Meowshi
    @OmegaPirate said:
    Stop hating on them! lulzsec are NICE GUYS !  Minecrafts security was obviously just not up to snuff, needless to say i shall not be purchasing another minecraft product for some time
    There is nothing nice about ruining people's gaming.   

You suck as a person.  
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By frankxiv

can we just get one thread called "lulzsec attacks ______" and just bump it when something new happens, and keep an updated list in the op?

much less clutter

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jay444111
    @MattyFTM said:

It sounds like they're just ddosing a bunch of shit right now. Not hacking, just using hacked computers to pound servers with a shit load of traffic and taking them down. They've done it to The Escapist, EVE Online and some random company that provides some security services for the government. They asked for targets on twitter an hour or so ago and they've been taking down a few sites.

They did hack into bethesda and gave out around 200K peoples personal info from that site from brink players. Sound like a joke man? 
    Avatar image for ekpyroticuniverse
    Ekpyroticuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is the point of all this?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By matoya

Can somebody please make a sticky about this so we don't have to see 20 of these banal fucking attempts at threads every day? Cheers.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheFreeMan

I hope that giantbomb is up to snuff when the inevitable comes.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@Jay444111 said:

@MattyFTM said:

It sounds like they're just ddosing a bunch of shit right now. Not hacking, just using hacked computers to pound servers with a shit load of traffic and taking them down. They've done it to The Escapist, EVE Online and some random company that provides some security services for the government. They asked for targets on twitter an hour or so ago and they've been taking down a few sites.

They did hack into bethesda and gave out around 200K peoples personal info from that site from brink players. Sound like a joke man?

At what point did I say it was a joke? Of course it's not a joke. All I'm saying is that what they're doing here seems to be different to the bethesda attack. They're don't seem to be hacking Minecraft, The Escapist or Eve to try and steal information like they have done in the past, they seem to be launching a ddos attack to take down the servers.

And they didn't release the info from the 200k people, they said that they like bethesda and want them to keep on making Skyrim awesome, so to give them one less thing to worry about they wouldn't release the account info.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox

@Jay444111 said:

@MattyFTM said:

In fact there's a link to a pastebin of the dump in yesterday's article's comments, which I've flagged and has yet to be removed. Apparently such links that contain people's personal information are okay to post on Giant Bomb, but torrents are not. Way to go, mods.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Meowshi

Looking on their twitter, they claim that they didn't release personal information.  

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By MistaSparkle

Don't worry! I'm putting Mr. Lulzsec is it? on my ban list! There now we're safe haha...right...?  
    Nah jk but this really sucks i love my minecraft. I wonder how the yogscast will respond...

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Meowshi said:
    @OmegaPirate said:
    There is nothing nice about ruining people's gaming.    You suck as a person.  
    @UlquioKani  said: 
    @OmegaPirate said: 
    you can't justify illegal activities by saying security was not up to snuff.

Apologies Gentlemen - Sarcasm is hard to  detect on  the internet, i keep forgetting. (should have attached  /sarcasm)  

I was merely emulating a certain group of forum users responses to ever lulzsec hack thus far which has been along the lines of "they are our saviours internet white knights company and user base deserbed it etc" 
     I personally think the hackers are scum and need to be locked the fuck up like a criminal 'IRL' would be, the laws need to evolve with the internet, and fast - or else this is where we end up
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@MrKlorox said:

@Jay444111 said:

@MattyFTM said:

In fact there's a link to a pastebin of the dump in yesterday's article's comments, which I've flagged and has yet to be removed. Apparently such links that contain people's personal information are okay to post on Giant Bomb, but torrents are not. Way to go, mods.

That pastebin thing doesn't contain any bethesda users details. Lulzsec chose not to release the users details. They said on their pastebin thingy "Please find enclosed everything we took, excluding one thing - 200,000+ Brink users. We actually like this company and would like for them to speed up the production of Skyrim, so we'll give them one less thing to worry about. You're welcome! :D".

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Meowshi

I totally thought you were taking the piss until " needless to say i shall not be purchasing another minecraft product for some time"   

That just seemed so genuine I believed the entire thing.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Chummy8

It's strange that they are targeting game companies and only game companies.  Usually hackers are gamers themselves so they are essentially shooting themselves in the foot.  I would like them to start messing with the big boys, like Facebook.  And fail miserably (and get arrested). 

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By perilator666

ProTip: DDoS is NOT hacking.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By InternetCrab
    @MattyFTM said:

It sounds like they're just ddosing a bunch of shit right now. That's not really hacking, it's just using already hacked computers to pound servers with a shit load of traffic and taking them down. They've done it to The Escapist, EVE Online and some random company that provides some security services for the government within the last hour. They've got a phone number and are asking people to call in suggesting targets. They're calling it "#TitanicTakeoverTuesday" on twitter.

Yeah, i wrote that up there :)
    Tumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tumbler

That ascii art of the boat, Set Sail for Fail! gives me a chuckle. Not really seeing a point to all this though.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FritzDude

"Gotta catch em all!"  

I guess...?

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By InternetCrab
    @TheFreeMan said:

I hope that giantbomb is up to snuff when the inevitable comes.

I don't think Giantbomb is really to LulzSec awareness, they only done it to very major sites and games.

EDIT: Not that Giantbomb isn't fucking major, but...there are bigger sites out there, but Giantbomb is still a very big site.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... I thought they hacked Sony in protest of the GeoHotz debacle... Now they're just randomly attacking game companies, and by extension, gamers? I thought they were trying to portray themselves as friends of the people.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aus_azn

It's one thing to hack to make a point. It's another when you just do it "for the lulz" and essentially just troll the internet.

Especially for petty things like "speeding up development on Skyrim"...

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chummy8

From wikipedia : 

If the United States found itself under a major cyberattack aimed at undermining the nation's critical information infrastructure, the Department of Defense is prepared, based on the authority of the President, to launch [...] an actual bombing of an attack source or a cyber counterattack." 

.  Hey, they should totally attack the government and see what happens.  I'm sure they'll get the lulz they are looking for. 

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Jay444111 said:

@InternetCrab said:
    LulzSec has risen once again. Now he's after Mojang. Lulzsec, about 30 minutes ago, hacked the Minecraft server, he posts on his twitter. No Minecraft with friends nor online for a few days dudes.
    Okay that is FUCKING IT! you fuck with PSN and you get the fucking government after you, you then hack nintendo and then epic and the fucking Bethesda and release peoples personal info just because they wouldn't put a dumbass hat in your game, that is FUCKING IT! I sugguest capital punishment LIVE on tv on every fucking channel to make them a fucking example. NO ONE FUCKS WITH MINECRAFT and get away ALIVE. I am fucking angry and hackers need to start dying NOW.

Are you an idiot? Death penalties for hacking? You have to be like 12 or something because that's the most idiotic, ridiculous idea. Hacking is not a crime worthy of being murdered, you moron.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By InternetCrab
    @Meowshi said:
    Looking on their twitter, they claim that they didn't release personal information.  
    No, but they stopped people from playing online and with friends for some time.
    korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By korolev

They are digging their grave. A lot of these hackers like to think they are invincible - no one is invincible. The NSA have some pretty nasty stuff in their arsenal and if these jokers start inflicting too much damage (economic or otherwise) the NSA might just start to play hardball and wave a few constitutional protections. I'm not saying it would be right for the NSA to spy domestically, but that is what they would do. Lulzsec needs to realize that they are only anonymous and protected because of the way the laws are set up. If they cause too much damage, they might give Uncle Sam the excuse he needs to tighten the laws or regulate the internet further.

Again, I am not saying it would be right for the government to control the internet. What I am saying is that the more Lulzsec does this, the more anonymous does this, the more the hackers do this, the more attention they are going to start receiving. Brian Manning might have company in a few days (I do not endorse what happened to Manning, but it did happen to him, and if it could happen to him, it can happen to Lulzsec. Pretty hard to DDoS someone from a 4x4 concrete cell with steel toilet and bed.

punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By punpun
    @InternetCrab said:
    @Meowshi said:
    No, but they stopped people from playing online and with friends for some time.
    And the fact that they even have that personal information is bad enough.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By damswedon

Can we ask them to hack themselves?

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Twisted_Scot

@Jay444111 said:

gave out around 200K peoples personal info from that site from brink players. Sound like a joke man?

200K people playing Brink, kinda sound like a joke.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By salad10203

Can someone please explain this to me? 
    Why are they bringing down game servers? 

The defense "To expose their weak security, we are helping."  Is stupid. 
    That's like me punching a baby and saying, "Hey, you left yourself exposed, you need to toughen up."   
    Hackers will always exists, I just don't understand the motive in taking down Minecraft etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.