Fourzerotwo confirms nerfing 1887s

• 100 results
#1 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

It will be interesting to see what they plan on doing.

#2 Edited by Alexander (1721 posts) -

oh HELL YEAH 

by the way  @withateethuh: here at Giant Bomb they have made it incredibly easy to link text of any kind, you need to highlight the text and hit a button in the text editor that looks like this:  
it's all pretty self explanatory from there. If you need any assistance don't hesitate to PM me and I will send you instructions in full and to a T. :) 

@fourzerotwo are u ever gonna nerf akimbo 1887's they are ruining the game

@diehalo Yeah. There will be changes made. I'll have more info soon.
#3 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Well, thank goodness.

It is, however, too late to keep me playing this game.  My love for it has completely run out.

#4 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

That's kind of weird. I never really had a problems with akimbo 1887's. Just seemed like people whining to me.

#5 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
" Yeah. There will be changes made. I'll have more info soon.

Wow. I'm really surprised they're doing something. Sweet.   
#6 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

yes! im glad this happened before i get the game :)

#7 Posted by carlthenimrod (1593 posts) -

I've been waiting for them to fix it before I play online again. They were obviously over-powered. It's not a big deal though. It is basically impossible for them to balance all of that shit.

#8 Posted by jkz (4008 posts) -

Thank....god.

#9 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I hope they just lower the range for when you make it akimbo, because that's all that's really needed IMO. Either that or increase the time to pump when akimbo.

#10 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@Alexander said:
" oh HELL YEAH 

by the way  @withateethuh: here at Giant Bomb they have made it incredibly easy to link text of any kind, you need to highlight the text and hit a button in the text editor that looks like this:  
it's all pretty self explanatory from there. If you need any assistance don't hesitate to PM me and I will send you instructions in full and to a T. :) 

@fourzerotwo are u ever gonna nerf akimbo 1887's they are ruining the game

@diehalo Yeah. There will be changes made. I'll have more info soon.
"
hogwash. I'm use to not having to manually do that.
#11 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

About time!
#12 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I'm kinda surprised by this, seeing how I normally think that they wouldn't fix it, much like the M16/P90 in COD4.

Though Akimbo 1887 is definitely broken, far more than any gun in COD4/MW2. So I'm glad they're going to make some changes.

#13 Posted by Dethfish (3641 posts) -

Good, that's been one of the things that has kept me from getting the game. People say it's way over powered and I don't want to play FPS mutliplayer that's unbalanced.

#14 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

yea the 1887 is an ass-creamer.

#15 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

what is this akimbo 1887 you speak of?

#16 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Gorillawhat: 

Two shotguns. One in each hand. Massive damage. Massive range. Ultra-quick reload. Little skill needed to use. Goddamn annoying.
#17 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

#18 Posted by Ping5000 (385 posts) -
@Lies: Basically, yeah.
#19 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@Lies said:
"   "
WTF is that from?
#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

Awww HELL NO!

#21 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Awww HELL NO! "
your reign of terror is over
#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -
@Bubahula said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" Awww HELL NO! "
your reign of terror is over "
Not until they do something about the knives!
#23 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Bubahula said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" Awww HELL NO! "
Not until they do something about the knives! "
fuck. the forces of good will prevail!
#24 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@Bubahula said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @Bubahula said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:
" Awww HELL NO! "
fuck. the forces of good will prevail! "
They need to nerf that a bit too. I really can't see how they can nerf it without making the attachment totally useless.

Okay well aside from nerfing commando.
#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" @Bubahula said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @Bubahula said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:
" Awww HELL NO! "
They need to nerf that a bit too. I really can't see how they can nerf it without making the attachment totally useless.  Okay well aside from nerfing commando. "
No. Fucking. Way.  If they take that away from me too, I won't have anything else to turn to to have some crazy fun with other than my "Explode all with Danger Close and Noob Tube" class!
#26 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Meteora said:
" @Bubahula said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @Bubahula said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:
" Awww HELL NO! "
They need to nerf that a bit too. I really can't see how they can nerf it without making the attachment totally useless.  Okay well aside from nerfing commando. "
No. Fucking. Way.  If they take that away from me too, I won't have anything else to turn to to have some crazy fun with other than my "Explode all with Danger Close and Noob Tube" class! "
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really knife people, but its a lot more satisfying to run around knifing fools than use some overpowered and cheap Akimbo 1887's. Its definitely annoying in my books, but I guess I cant really say its overpowered just because I don't try knifing them. *shrugs*
#27 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -
@idiotic_genius1 said:
"About time! "

Nothing to do with the post but... 

I saw your icon and I just have to say, I love Demon Hunter.
#28 Edited by Coldfront (256 posts) -

Yay the 1887 will be fixed. No the knifes need to fixing if you cant shoot them well thats your fault. Also they already cut down the affect of lightweight.

#29 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

I don't think the knives are overpowered, if your dumb enough to get knifed in a shooting game, you probably deserve it. I only ever get knifed when they get me from behind or if I stupidly try to shoot them at point blank range instead of knifing them myself. 

I've never had a problem with somebody running around with all the run perks on and killing everyone, its not that bad guys, he still has to be at close range. They could nerf commando a bit I suppose though, the range on it seems pretty ludacris. 

As for akimbo 1887s.. that shit is fucking retarding, especially after the javelin glitch patch, every game i played last night had 4+ people using akimbo 1887s, its not fun when you get 1shot killed from insane range. I won't be playing much until it gets fixed.

Also for anyone who doesn't have the game, heres a youtube video I just dug up, theres music on it.

#30 Posted by ShinjiEx (624 posts) -

can't find it? why did you not copy the message an past it?

#31 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Akimbos.

Bane of my existence.

#32 Edited by Hexogen (766 posts) -

Hope they get nerfed soon. I've been fighting fire with fire since I unlocked the Akimbo 1887s, but I'm probably going to prestige tomorrow, which means I'll be relatively defenseless against them once again. I honestly don't know how the fucking things ever got past playtesting, they're ridiculous.

#33 Posted by JTMosh (258 posts) -

I will never understand the bitching about that gun. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

#34 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" @Lies said:
"   "
WTF is that from? "
It looks like an edited version of the film "Jesus Camp".
#35 Posted by imhuntad (310 posts) -

I don't see how they ever were programmed to be that effective. Was the IF mindset "everything has to be like the movies" and they just let themselves loose? It's apparent in the story and MP and is quite funny.

#36 Posted by Aishan (1014 posts) -
@JTMosh said:
" I will never understand the bitching about that gun. There's nothing wrong with it at all. "
How about the fact it's a one shot kill at a decent range without having to aim down the sights? And by going Akimbo, you can remove the only significant disadvantage the gun has -- time between shots -- by alternating which guns you fire.
#37 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK YES

#38 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

Too bad its not the only problem that needs to be fixed. I'm starting to lose interest already. Just last Sunday I had all day to play MW2 and I started a new character on oblivion instead.

#39 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -
@JTMosh said:
" I will never understand the bitching about that gun. There's nothing wrong with it at all. "
1 shot kills? I mean, you dont even need to be close to do so. Just check the vid on page 1. If you fire one first, then the second, its an insta-kill right there. 
#40 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11621 posts) -

Yesssss! Maybe I will play MW2 online again this week.

#41 Posted by Toxin066 (3277 posts) -

I think it would be fine if it were a gun only usable from levels 1-15 or something. Help the inexperienced get in to the game a bit. But the fact that it is the seasoned players who get to use this (and DO use this) is just...gross.

#42 Posted by Phonics (327 posts) -

Remove akimbo, problem solved.

#43 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2094 posts) -
@Phonics said:
" Remove akimbo, problem solved. "
I'd agree with that too.
#44 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

that is great news. 1887's were horrible because u could kill someone that is like  a cross the map. not literally but pretty damn far away for it being a shotgun.

#45 Posted by Slippy (735 posts) -

If they nerf them and actually fix some other stuff, I will consider buying this game again.

#46 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

What really? I also thought it was just people whinning.

I use ARs anway. But I'm sort of baffled.

#47 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Playing hardcore is a effective remedy in removing the Akimbo 1887 bullshit if you can't wait.

#48 Posted by KrypticKiller (190 posts) -

The range is really the only problem. I see people complain about one shot kill. It's a damn shotgun!  Typically it does not take more then one shot to severely hurt someone with a shotgun.  

Just as a little f.y.i, a solid 1887 in real life has quite the range on it. Just saying...

#49 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -

awww man, They are fun to use. 
#50 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@Lies: 
My thoughts exactly, I've constantly seen people being killed from 15 - 20 feet away from these fucking weapons.

No, shotguns can't do that. 

@Xeiphyer: 
:39 and :51 are great examples from your video you posted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.