Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nintendo will not go the way of Sega, so get over yourselves.

• 109 results
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Dagbiker
    @kingzetta
    @MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

I agree. There are few things in life that cannot be stopped. Mr. Domino, The Endurance Run, Game Room, NintenDownload X-Press, and Nintendo. And of those, Nintendo is the oldest, and the strongest.

but Game Room and The NintenDownload X-Press were stopped

LIES! The NDX will fly again, and one day, Sunset Riders will be released, and then there will be a special Game Room Quick Look just for it! YOU WILL ALL SEE!

just believe in Mr. Domino

Technically, Mr. Domino is the most stoppable of all those things, because it's "No One Stops Mr. Domino," not "Nothing Stops Mr. Domino." Meaning that people cannot stop him, but things that aren't people can. So, if The Endurance Run and Mr. Domino were on a collision course, the ER would keep on truckin'.

Being that objects have no will of their own, people are the only ones that would want to stop him. 
    What about gods
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#52  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I like this blog post, Claude, and I completely agree with you. I'm genuinely curious as to what will happen with the Wii U, and more specifically, what will happen with Nintendo's console following that one. The Wii U so far seems like a fairly logical upgrade for their business model, but I'm super excited to see where they go with it by the end of its cycle.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By kingzetta
    @Dagbiker said:
    @kingzetta
    @MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

I agree. There are few things in life that cannot be stopped. Mr. Domino, The Endurance Run, Game Room, NintenDownload X-Press, and Nintendo. And of those, Nintendo is the oldest, and the strongest.

LIES! The NDX will fly again, and one day, Sunset Riders will be released, and then there will be a special Game Room Quick Look just for it! YOU WILL ALL SEE!

Technically, Mr. Domino is the most stoppable of all those things, because it's "No One Stops Mr. Domino," not "Nothing Stops Mr. Domino." Meaning that people cannot stop him, but things that aren't people can. So, if The Endurance Run and Mr. Domino were on a collision course, the ER would keep on truckin'.

Being that objects have no will of their own, people are the only ones that would want to stop him. 
    What about gods
    Is god a somebody? because nobody can stop Mr. Domino
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah it will never happen. But imagine how awesome a Sony console with Microsoft's services and Nintendo's games would be! Let the people dream.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Claude
    @DarthOrange said:

Sounds like your in denial, old man.

Fuck that shit. My beard might be gray, but I play video games.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#56  Edited By Hailinel

@VisceralWhimsy said:

@Claude: Haven't gotten a chance to play but about 15 minutes of that game, tbh. I keep thinking back to an old Ju-on review and how terrible the noises apparently were.

This reminds me that I bought Ju-On for like nine bucks last year and still have yet to actually try it.

Beyond that, I agree that Nintendo isn't going to leave the hardware race any time soon. I'd prefer if they didn't, because if the console war were a race just between Microsoft and Sony, I think everyone would end up losing. I'd much prefer it if either Sony or Microsoft left the race, because quite frankly those two companies cater to the exact same group; the only difference being whether or not you want the exclusives that feature Nathan Drake or Master Chief.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @Djratchet said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Claude said:

Sometimes I think people want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business just because they want to play Nintendo games on their hardware of choice.

Oddly enough, that's exactly what I want.

ditto. I don't care enough to buy the console to play like 5 games, but I would buy the hell out of them if they appeared on other consoles. Until then, Nintendo gets nothing from me.

Not saying it will happen, but I would like it if it somehow did.

And Xbox fanboys feel the same way about Sony's console and Sony fanboys feel the same way about Microsoft's console. .
    MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MoseSSesoM

My issue with Nintendo is that they have not been doing anything that interested me since the Gameboy Color.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Claude
    @MoseSSesoM said:

My issue with Nintendo is that they have not been doing anything that interested me since the Gameboy Color.

Gameboy Color? Damn. So you quit playing video games. You just stopped.
    MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MoseSSesoM

@Claude said:

@MoseSSesoM said:

No I just moved on to other systems.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Claude
    @MoseSSesoM said:

@Claude said:

@MoseSSesoM said:

No I just moved on to other systems.

Why would you do that when you can play all the systems. I still wouldn't be surprised if I got a PS3 to complete the trifecta that I had last generation. And that's not counting the Dreamcast that I owned. Trifecta.5
    MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MoseSSesoM

@Claude said:

Why would you do that when you can play all the systems. I still wouldn't be surprised if I got a PS3 to complete the trifecta that I had last generation. And that's not counting the Dreamcast that I owned. Trifecta.5

Why would I buy a GC or a Wii if there is nothing on them I wanted?

Edit: Or a DS, 3DS, etc....

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Claude
    @MoseSSesoM said:

@Claude said:

Why would I buy a GC or a Wii if there is nothing on them I wanted?

Edit: Or a DS, 3DS, etc....

Good point. I agree with you. I could not give two piss and shits about Halo, Call of Duty or Battlefield. I hear what you're saying.
    selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By selbie

Nintendo are too business savvy to go the way of Sega. They were smart to keep the Wii hardware cheap to make money on it from day one. Motion control was a big gamble so they made compromises elsewhere. Lucky for them it became a win-win scenario.

They have also milked the portable console market to the best of their ability and I think now is the transition point for them because of their losses to the smartphone market. Maybe they will create a new handheld, but I think unless they give it phone capabilities, they won't be able to sustain it for very long.

The fanboy in me says they will pull something cool out of their ass again and fluke another DS-style fad :P

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

Yeah it will never happen. But imagine how awesome a Sony console with Microsoft's services and Nintendo's games would be! Let the people dream.

We all know that would result in a corporate bitch-fight so epic that the entire console gaming industry would be obliterated in the ensuing vortex :P

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Hector

What if Nintendo partnered with Apple. That would change the playing field. Every apple device would be able to play Nintendo games and of course Apple would enter the console wars with a new system of their own partnered up with Nintendo.

Yelix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Yelix

There's a whole lot of things about Nintendo that are rooted in the past, and bad things to boot. However, the one thing I like about their old-school philosophy is that games are finished when they come out. First-party Nintendo games are always, with a few exceptions, super polished. No launch-day patches, no content that's on the disc but locked behind a $5.00 key. I don't have to save Skyward Sword every 5 minutes like I do with Skyrim because I trust Skyward Sword to not randomly lock up.

If they could pair that level of polish with some modern online functionality and HD visuals, we'd be in Heaven.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Claude
    @Hector said:

What if Nintendo partnered with Apple. That would change the playing field. Every apple device would be able to play Nintendo games and of course Apple would enter the console wars with a new system of their own partnered up with Nintendo.

Nice dream. But when an old ass Japanese company merges with a start up company from the 80's, well, that'll be the day.

Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Progman9000

@BisonHero said:

If Nintendo and Valve are both covered in moon dust, then you could create a portal on each building, and then their employees can freely walk between both headquarters, leading to the greatest convergence of game design ideas of all time.

For whatever reason, this made me laugh hysterically. +1,000,000,000

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Djratchet

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Djratchet said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Claude said:

Sometimes I think people want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business just because they want to play Nintendo games on their hardware of choice.

ditto. I don't care enough to buy the console to play like 5 games, but I would buy the hell out of them if they appeared on other consoles. Until then, Nintendo gets nothing from me.

And Xbox fanboys feel the same way about Sony's console and Sony fanboys feel the same way about Microsoft's console. .

Actually I don't feel that way about xbox's games at all, I just don't give a fuck...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RE_Player1

I agree. People are too easy to jump on the hate bandwagon. Oh no Nintendo had a bad 2011, guess what they fucking dominated this generation selling more consoles and handhelds than anyone else making mainstream press headlines for years.

I feel the same way with the Vita. People are going nuts about how the sales dropped off after the first week in Japan. No fucking shit they dropped off!! Monster Hunter got released on 3DS and Vita was launched at the very end of the holiday season in Japan.

People need to relax, stop reading garbage video game sites like IGN that spin one non-event into 50 stories and wait at least 2 years after a console is out to judge it's place in the industry. If you would have told me in 2006 the Xbox 360 and PS3 would be where they are today I would have laughed in your face but things change over time. For better or worse you have to be patient to see where the chips fall.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71  Edited By Evilsbane

@Claude said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Claude said:

Well, get over yourself. Throw some moon dust on Nintendo headquarters and see what happens. While you're at it, throw some on Valve so we can play Episode 3.

Stop reminding me about Half Life still depressed that the "3 surprises" last year lead to fucking Nothing...Why Valve WHHYYY!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RE_Player1

@Djratchet said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Djratchet said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Claude said:

Actually I don't feel that way about xbox's games at all, I just don't give a fuck...

The only game on Xbox I actually gave a fuck about was Alan Wake and it's coming to the PC soon :D I hope it's a good port.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Djratchet

@msavo said:

@Djratchet said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Djratchet said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Claude said:

The only game on Xbox I actually gave a fuck about was Alan Wake and it's coming to the PC soon :D I hope it's a good port.

Oh yeah, Alan looks solid. I'll be keeping my eye on that PC port as well.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By VoshiNova

This topic is awesome

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#75  Edited By Yummylee

Damn, this Claude has Clause.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By eugenesaxe

Maybe you need to get over yourself.

While it's not the result I want, of the 3 main console players, Nintendo WILL be the first to stop doing hardware. Why? MS lost big money on the XBox, PS3 sold like skunk shit forever until they made the price reasonable; Nintendo simply can't afford something like that. MS/Sony have other operations to fall back on if they hit a bad spot, Nintendo is pretty much video-games-or-bust.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#77  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This is the other Claude. The one who's blood is as red as his username.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Claude
    @eugenesaxe said:

Maybe you need to get over yourself.

Nintendo is pretty much video-games-or-bust.

Nintendo's hardware has sold pretty well. The video games are just icing on the cake.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Enigma777

Give it up Claude. It's an inevitable conclusion. Time to bow down and face the music. And do a jig.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#80  Edited By Hailinel

@Enigma777 said:

Give it up Claude. It's an inevitable conclusion. Time to bow down and face the music. And do a jig.

People have been saying it's the inevitable conclusion since the GameCube days. It hasn't happened yet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BisonHero

@MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

I admire your unadulterated optimism.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BisonHero

@ArbitraryWater said:

This is the other Claude. The one who's blood is as red as his username.

The one who's here to stay, motherfuckers?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83  Edited By Cincaid

I love Nintendo software but I can't stand their hardware. Strange that their sale figures are the other way around, considering half the moms in the world own a Wii but no one bothers to buy any games for it. I don't necessarily want Nintendo to stop making hardware, I just wish it could interest me more than it does.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Contrarian

@Claude said:

Nintendo is flailing while others are flying high they say. Some comments from Nintendo articles mention the Dreamcast and how Nintendo's failure will surely lead them down the same path as Sega. This kind of thought process does not compute with me. First, the Dreamcast sold only a little over ten million consoles. The "dead" Wii will sell around ten million this year. Hell, the Wii will pass the one hundred million mark before its true death. Secondly, any rational human being knows that Sega didn't have the first party franchises or characters that Nintendo has in their pocket. This alone will keep investors in Nintendo's hip pocket. Sometimes I think people want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business just because they want to play Nintendo games on their hardware of choice. I guess they think the hardware is too underpowered or the control methods too gimmicky for their liking. If you want to play Nintendo franchises, buy Nintendo hardware. If you think it's gimmicky, don't buy. Simple really, when you think about it. Does Nintendo have work to do to better their products? You bet your bottom dollar they do. They've made a boat load of mistakes but by no means does it put them on the same playing field as Sega. So, stop it. Nintendo is not going to become a "software only" company for the foreseeable future. As for the Wii U, I guess we'll have to wait until it comes out to find if it has any staying power. Sorry. But E3 should be interesting this year. I hope Nintendo does a better job than they did last year. We don't want people being confused all over again. Thanks for letting me rant.

Leave it to Claude to be the voice of reason, the sage of Giantbomb. If Giantbomb could clone Claude and have him here a thousand times over (Claude 1 to Claude 999), then this would be the greatest game site in the history of the internet.

Claude for President 2012.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#85  Edited By huntad

People are saying this stuff? Well, it's stupid. Of course Nintendo won't end up like Sega.

Sillies.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BisonHero

@Cincaid said:

I love Nintendo software but I can't stand their hardware. Strange that their sale figures are the other way around, considering half the moms in the world own a Wii but no one bothers to buy any games for it. I don't necessarily want Nintendo to stop making hardware, I just wish it could interest me more than it does.

The Gamecube sorta proved that it wasn't enough anymore to draw people into buying a Nintendo console just by making a decent console and making top-notch Nintendo games on it. The Xbox sold a little more than it, and the PS2 sold much, much more than it. The N64 even sold more than the Gamecube, despite the number of gamers being lower when the N64 was around. Nintendo lost a lot of market share among traditional gamers with the Gamecube, by just doing the same ol' Nintendo thing but with better hardware. Which is why I think it's funny that people keep asking Nintendo to do the same thing instead of this "motion control nonsense", when evidently that was working less and less for them since the SNES days.

So the reason the Wii sales figures "were the other way around" is that they had to try something quite different from "make console, make Nintendo-quality games for it", so they made the Wii, and hooked in millions of people who don't care about Nintendo software, and even after buying a Wii, they still don't care, because they were only in it for the Wii Sports and one or two other simple games.

It's a weird scenario, but the demographic seems very disinterested in showing any continued support for video games as a medium, so I'm hoping to see the WiiU draw back in the traditional gamer, since you can't rely on the Wii-buying audience for any software sales at all. Other successful Nintendo consoles have had a sweet pack-in game, but you're not going to get anywhere if people are buying your console JUST for the pack-in game because they're a grandma. You need to get people to play the other games on your console as well.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@Claude said:

First, the Dreamcast sold only a little over ten million consoles. The "dead" Wii will sell around ten million this year. Hell, the Wii will pass the one hundred million mark before its true death.

When people talk about NIntendo's fate in comparison to the Dreamcast, they are not referring to the Wii. The Wii is on its last legs, sure, but it was a success and Nintendo is happy with how it turned out. No, the Dreamcast comparison refers to the Wii U. While I don't really think Nintendo is going to go the way of Sega, there are a lot parallels between the Dreamcast and Wii U and there is a discussion to be had here.

• Like Sega, Nintendo is being forced to enter the next the generation earlier than the competition because of declining sales of their current generation hardware (obviously the Saturn was a disaster and the Wii was a huge success, but as well as the Wii sold, it really started to falter it the last couple years, and has hit a wall the competition has yet to).
    • The Wii U, like the Dreamcast, will be the most powerful system when it launches. The Dreamcast was a powerhouse, bringing true next generation technology to the masses when most people were playing PS1 and N64 games. The Wii U is not going to be a dramatic improvement over the 360 and PS3, but it will be at a least a bit more powerful than the current generation, and also bring with it interesting new tech in the form of the tablet controller.
    • 1-2 years after the Wii U launches, the competition will launch its new hardware, and will likely be significantly more powerful and just destroy the notion of the Wii U being an advanced system.

Now, these scenarios are quite similar, but I don't really think Nintendo fans need to worry. The Dreamcast didn't really fail simply because of hardware specs. The Dreamcast was not that much weaker than the PS2 (though both were underpowered compared to the Gamecube and especially the Xbox), and the reason it failed was largely because people were buying PS2s as a DVD player early on, and the Dreamcast had serious piracy issues.

While there are certainly some surface similarities between the Wii U and the Dreamcast, I'm not quite sure this translates to the downfall of Nintendo. There are many things that contribute to the death of a console, and these common factors are not the sole reason the Dreamcast failed.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I guess you're right.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#89  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@kingzetta said:

@Dagbiker said:
    @kingzetta
    @MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

What about gods
    Is god a somebody? because nobody can stop Mr. Domino

Robots ain't people.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By korolev

Oh they'll all go the way of Sega eventually. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not even 10 years from now - but eventually, they all will. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo - hell, any business really - will eventually die or leave the video game hardware market. I too, don't think that Nintendo is going to collapse (unless the Japanese economy as a whole caves in, which is unlikely) anytime soon, but it is not invincible nor will it last forever. None of the big three will. Every company has a weakness and every company is mortal. Nintendo will one day die - but I don't know when or how. I just know that it will.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By IkariNoTekken

The Mega Drive was so awesome... will Nintendo make one of those?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DeF

@Korolev said:

Oh they'll all go the way of Sega eventually. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not even 10 years from now - but eventually, they all will. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo - hell, any business really - will eventually die or leave the video game hardware market. I too, don't think that Nintendo is going to collapse (unless the Japanese economy as a whole caves in, which is unlikely) anytime soon, but it is not invincible nor will it last forever. None of the big three will. Every company has a weakness and every company is mortal. Nintendo will one day die - but I don't know when or how. I just know that it will.

So what you're saying is that Sega will live forever and absord ALL companies and control the universe while making Sonic games for millennia to come, still promising "this time it's going to be as cool as the old ones!" and enslaving all of humanity.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kindgineer

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Man overreacts about internet overreaction!!!!!!

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @BisonHero
    It's also worth mentioning that Nintendo's games were viewed as "kiddy" and overlooked during the GameCube days. Gaming was in a weird place in the mid 2000s' as gamers and companies believed that E and T rated games weren't interesting because they weren't violent like M rated games, and thus, not being top sellers. I think that's what lead to Microsoft not publishing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Psychonauts (ironically enough, those two games sold poorly) . I would say that the turning point was with the sales of New Super Mario Bros., being the most financially successful Mario game in years, at the time.  

Though, part of the GameCube's failure was Nintendo's fault. Not supporting online play and letting 3rd party companies abandoning the system. The lack of online play caused some of the 3rd party games that were on the system for developers to removed the feature from the version, which made the Gamecube unappealing. 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#95  Edited By Jeust

My dreams are shattered.  

I normally don't play Nintendo games either way. I played them too much during my childhood, to be interested in their sixth or seventh sequel now.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Vexxan

I just want to play Zelda in HD with a regular controller, I don't want anything to do with motion controls.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#97  Edited By B0nd07

@Claude: Hear hear!

Why are Nintendo exclusives so different from Microsoft or Sony? Why would people wish for Nintendo to go away just so they can play its games elsewhere? You don't see people wishing Sony would go away so that they can play something like Uncharted somewhere else. If people want to play Nintendo games they should buy a Nintendo system. If they can't get passed a system's "gimmick" then too bad.

It's still far, far too early to know how Nintendo will fair in the next 5 - 10 years, but I suspect they'll come out of it, at the very least, OK in the end.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#98  Edited By AndrewB

@Claude said:

Sometimes I think people want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business just because they want to play Nintendo games on their hardware of choice. I guess they think the hardware is too underpowered or the control methods too gimmicky for their liking.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I feel. Except it isn't just about maintaining a level of visual and experiential fidelity, it's also about features and modern amenities. Nintendo has weird priorities when it comes to their devices. A portable console like the 3DS is rendered entirely not portable by a horrendous battery. The way Nintendo ignores multiplayer functionality, game patches, DLC, even game demos (until very recently) is simply behind the times. So even if the Wii was equally as powerful as the 360 and PS3 this hardware generation, it would have been the last resort console for my game purchases. The only praise I can throw its way is that at least the thing wasn't released with a known fatal design flaw that left me with a lemon of a console.

So yes, my prayers would be answered if I could enjoy the fantastic first party Nintendo games on a console that I enjoy using and, more importantly, already own. Saving about $200 to $300 would free me up to buy that many more games. Sure, there needs to be competition, but for the type of gamer that I am, Nintendo isn't that.

Before I get caught in the "game patches are a bad thing" argument, I agree, but they're a necessity and Nintendo was bit a couple of times with major issues with no elegant way to fix them.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By eugenesaxe

@Claude:

Yeah, and if they happen to strike out with a generation of hardware, they sell no games, they have nothing to fall back on, they die. That's their weakness, all their eggs are in one basket.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By big_jon

I want DKC games on my 360, but at the same time I like Nintendo the way they are, I just wish I could get achievements on my Xbox for VC games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.