Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Fucked Myself With RPGs, Screw You BioWare (Rant)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Gentlemen,

I bought Dragon Age for PC and have been loving the fuck out of it.  I've been playing for hours on end and JUST finished the Urn Quest with the Magi Circle Quest...I still need to hunt the Dwarfish and Elves.  I also heard these quests are just the TIP of the iceberg for story quests.

Yesterday, I got Mass Effect for PC...and oh my god, as MB is a strict mod, Mass Effect has given me wet dreams.  I have no idea I missed such an amazing game.   I have been playing Mass Effect today almost nonstop and just got my ship.  I could careless about the action, but I fucking love the story.  Don't get me wrong, Dragon Age is fucking amazing too.  

Now, even worse...Final Fantasy XIII is due out shortly and I'll be getting that day one.  After playing these two amazing BioWare games, I have a strong feeling my nostalgic love for Final Fantasy will die soon.  At best, I'll rush through the story of FF13 and go back to Dragon Age and Mass Effect.  

HOWEVER, an even bigger problem emerges, Final Fantasy XIV beta is due out soon and I know once I get my download code, I'll be on that like homosexuals are to fashion.  So within the middle of December I'll have 2 BioWare titles, one Squeenix title, and one Squeenix MMO.  I blame all of this on BioWare.

I have no idea what to play now...do I keep questing in Dragon Age and enjoy a relaxing time thinking and taking a slow approach to the story, or do I sit on the couch with keyboard on my lap marveling at the cinematic epicness of Mass Effect?

All I can say is, holy shit BioWare...I regret losing faith in them for all the console shit lately.  Dragon Age is hands down the best RPG I have played in my life...but Mass Effect is like having the most amazing person do the most amazing things to you.

There goes my rant...and now I will flip a coin to see if I will team up with Wrex and Ashley or kill that fucker who left the Grey Wardens die.  

EDIT:  I would also like to add while all of this, I got to level 32 on MW2 (PS3)...so screw you Infinity Ward as well.

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ezekielzero

Um unless you intend to buy the japanese version of ffXIII its not going to be out until march, so i guess that could lessen the overdose.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Dude- take mass effect out of the equation (already dealt with that last year) and replace it with demons souls and i am in the same position as you in every way - maybe worse as i have the spec ops , veteran runs, and multiplayer of both ps3 and 360 mw2 on the go 

What a time to be a gamer :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ezekielzero said:
    " Um unless you intend to buy the japanese version of ffXIII its not going to be out until march, so i guess that could lessen the overdose. "
    He lives in Japan.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

You should just hold onto your money for a while, play Mass Effect/Dragon Age until you've had your fill, then go on to the final fantasies. They are final after all, so they should come last :P

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon

I have even worse news for you: Mass Effect 2 is due out in late January. 

@Bucketdeth:   
    Er...oh. Then I guess Mass Effect 2 isn't due for a while for him then. 

MikeHaggarKJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MikeHaggarKJ

dragon age is incredible.

i didnt like mass effect on the pc because the controls where so effed up. the ui and everything was great, utilizing hotkeys and such, but the aiming was/is all fucked up. theres mouse acceleration and a weird limit to how fast you could turn. unplayable to me. it didnt support gamepads either. :(

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ezekielzero
    @Bucketdeth: ... okay i did not know that touche my friend.
    I had a similar problem over the summer except both the games were persona 3 and 4 at the same time i was meant to be doing work for gcse exams, in hind sight it wasnt the best of idea's.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emandudeguyperson
    @Bucketdeth said:

" @ezekielzero said:

" Um unless you intend to buy the japanese version of ffXIII its not going to be out until march, so i guess that could lessen the overdose. "
    He lives in Japan. "
    Is governmentcheese's son stationed over there KA?
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MikeHaggarKJ said:
    " dragon age is incredible.  i didnt like mass effect on the pc because the controls where so effed up. the ui and everything was great, utilizing hotkeys and such, but the aiming was/is all fucked up. theres mouse acceleration and a weird limit to how fast you could turn. unplayable to me. it didnt support gamepads either. :( "
    Nah, controls aren't that bad...I just play it like a shooter and put that shit on casual after I died a few times.  I told myself I care more for story than anything else...I found out it came out 2007 and holy shit that's still a good looking game.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By m1k3

i hear ya. I still have yet to get an hour into Dragon Age just because i barely have time for it even though i really want to continue it. I still have to finish Uncharted 2. Just got Bayonetta and played a few minutes into that and i want to continue it also. I still need to continue Forza 3 and NBA 2k10. MW:2 is also taking up a lot of my time w/ online. and i also have L4D:2 pre-ordered on steam, and i should be getting AC:2 tomorrow. and i throw in The Sims 3 here and there. just too many games were thrown in at the end of 09.

i to am planning on getting FFXIII and try to get into the FFXIV beta.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jmrwacko

You need to take a breather from games, my friend.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By flaminghobo

BioWare games have always been better than Final Fantasy you should be thanking BioWare.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By jimbo_n
    @KaosAngel said:
    " I also heard these quests are just the TIP of the iceberg for story quests."
    Actually you are almost done when you´ve recruited all the races. Just an interlude and the wrap-up left after that. You´ll be finished with DA way sooner than you think. 
    Stilla great game, but not very many story quests.
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By matthew
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @ezekielzero said:
    He lives in Japan. "
    He's actually back in the states for now.  Going to import the copy of this strange "FFXIII" you all speak of . . .
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hamst3r

Mass Effect is awesome. Can't wait for the sequel. :D
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

well, you could pick up modern warfare 2 and start killin dudes to give yourself a refresher. just don't get addicted to leveling up and gettings perks and attatchments. that'll just add to your problem.

ok maybe thats a bad suggestion, but its what i'm doin right now so. it works for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-593d63ef3d1cf
    deactivated-593d63ef3d1cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think you should just slow down and enjoy Mass Effect and Dragonage. Seems like you're trying to play a game when you have not finished the one that came before it. Switch your pre order to Mass Effect 2, problem solved.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Godwind

It sounds more like a rape session.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.