Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

Game » consists of 3 releases.

A massive open-world RPG where players could sail the vast seas and discover booty in the Pirates of the Caribbean universe. At least it would have been if the project hadn't been cancelled in late 2010.

Watch Out For Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

• 86 results
    H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By H_U_R_D

looks awesome, def going to get this

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Xeiphyer

Man sized Crab Monsters? This must be the Genji Sequel. I suppose they have weak points we can hit for massive damage?

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Arbie

You had me at crab monsters... I like crabs. But also the talk about the idol and how your actions can influence certain things to happen, I like that kinda thing. And I like pirates. Only thing is I'm pretty sure I tried a POTC demo for the other game and I wasn't much of a fan. A super evil pirate ship sounds pretttyy tempting though!

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheChaos

So this is what you were talking about on the last podcast. 
    Sounds interesting. I hope some vids come out for it soon.

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By dantebk

Pirate-based Action RPG? Yes please!

Of course, I felt the same way about Alpha Protocol before it started getting reviewed...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Milkman

I always found the "Pirates" universe extremely generic and pretty uninteresting but if they can put some good gameplay mechanics on top of it and flesh out the world a little better than the movies do then I'm down.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ryanwho

I predict a very good looking one button game.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Aeterna said:
    " Wait.. Pirate RPG"s?  I'm still not expecting anything good from such a title though. "
    Lol I don't know about this game, there is a Pirate's mmorpg called Pirates of the Carribean Online and it looks lame.
    grhud5194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By grhud5194
    @Rhaknar:
    I was kidding.  I was referencing the Bombcast from two weeks ago where Jeff said, "I've got to get my write-ups done, there's no excuse not to do them."
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#60  Edited By MeatSim

They have got my interest right now lets see if they can keep it.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By SunKing

Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think that the dichotomy between "legendary" and "dreaded" is just about the dumbest thing ever? Really, I'm curious. 

(And also, when you think of "legendary", are you picturing Barney Stinson saying it in his completely unnecessary, elongated fashion?)

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JustinSane311

After reading this post and hearing Jeff talk about it on the podcast I'm starting to look forward to this game!

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By s10129107

I don't know why they have to divide characters in half with the moral choice thing.  Why can't they just put the energy into developing the character instead of splitting him in half.

Gdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Gdizzle

Sounds fun, I've always wanted to play an epic pirate game that didn't have shitty graphics or poor gameplay.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By august
    @Jeust said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " One word: Disney.  Could be good, but a pirate's game made by Disney? I have my doubts.  "
    It's published by Disney. It's made by Propaganda. "
    Nice, still Disney will probably step in in case of anything outside the boundaries of common fairy tales. :( "
    Uh, what? The movies already had crazy Lovecraftian monsters and skeleton pirates. 

Plus Disney owns companies like Mirimax that made a little movie called Pulp Fiction.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Jeust
    @august said:

" @Jeust said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Jeust said:
    " One word: Disney.  Could be good, but a pirate's game made by Disney? I have my doubts.  "
    It's published by Disney. It's made by Propaganda. "
    Nice, still Disney will probably step in in case of anything outside the boundaries of common fairy tales. :( "
    Uh, what? The movies already had crazy Lovecraftian monsters and skeleton pirates.  Plus Disney owns companies like Mirimax that made a little movie called Pulp Fiction. "
    The monsters and skeletons had nothing of exceptional i think. It could be good, but i fear it will be traditional and fairy taley, as Disney has a name to defend, and being associated with a game that presents something a little more mature can have repercussions. But we'll see.  
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ryanwho
    @SunKing said:
    " Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think that the dichotomy between "legendary" and "dreaded" is just about the dumbest thing ever? Really, I'm curious.  (And also, when you think of "legendary", are you picturing Barney Stinson saying it in his completely unnecessary, elongated fashion?) "
    It feels about 2 years too late, yes. Like saying "da bomb" in 2003. They missed the boat on the morality gimmick. Pun intended.
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Hooray.  WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T I GET IT? "
    This quest relates to videos only. Read the quest text. 

Also, I wish people would stop this shit.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Jeff: Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors, and his acting in Pirates was top notch. First really swash buckling, likable character I had seen in a long time. Perhaps since the original Indiana Jones. Anyways you should give the Pirate movies a shot. Grab the Blu-ray trilogy set, and not only enjoy the stories but the mind blowing visuals. If you do, tell me how you liked them.
    kuma17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kuma17

Ooooh, can't wait. Loved the first movie and i am fascinated to know what they will do with the fiction/world. Pirates of the Caribbean is not a bad world to set a pirates rpg in...  

And i kinda hope that they will have a Jack Sparrow like character in the games, that would be really fun but wouldn't be surprised/mind if there isn't.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
    psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By psyborg0815

No Caption Provided

I'm all for giant anchors!
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By shiftymagician
    @grhud5194 said:
    "

Jeff, I want to know your excuse for why it took you so long to get your write-ups done?

"
    There is no excuse.  Everyone should do their write ups.
    Aether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Aether
    @ryanwho said:
    " @SunKing said:
    " Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think that the dichotomy between "legendary" and "dreaded" is just about the dumbest thing ever? Really, I'm curious.  (And also, when you think of "legendary", are you picturing Barney Stinson saying it in his completely unnecessary, elongated fashion?) "
    It feels about 2 years too late, yes. Like saying "da bomb" in 2003. They missed the boat on the morality gimmick. Pun intended. "
    You mean its not cool to say "DA BOMB" anymore? Omg..what have i done... 

On a related note what the hell else would a pirate be if not those two. Moral choice is not going away, mainly because there isn't a way to have a game have infinite possibilities. Some choice is better then no choice.
    SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#74  Edited By SunKing
    @Aether said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @SunKing said:
    It feels about 2 years too late, yes. Like saying "da bomb" in 2003. They missed the boat on the morality gimmick. Pun intended. "
    You mean its not cool to say "DA BOMB" anymore? Omg..what have i done...   On a related note what the hell else would a pirate be if not those two. Moral choice is not going away, mainly because there isn't a way to have a game have infinite possibilities. Some choice is better then no choice. "
    I don't take issue with the moral choice thing; rather, I think the moral dualities are named in a stupid manner. Can't one be both legendary and dreaded? Why does legendary have to mean good?
    MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By MadeinFinland

Never seen Pirates? You should at least watch the first one. The other two - meh.

KingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By KingGamer

Well any game that is based on a movie is automatically unplayable...save a few like GoldenEye or Lord of The Rings.

Either way, even if it's good I'm gonna pass. Movie games aren't really my thing.

jonfresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jonfresh
    @Navster: more likely to be a pirates version of Fable.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#78  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Looking good...I've long thought a good game could be made out of the Pirates universe, if it was done right. And this is looking like it's being done right. 

RogueBomber12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By RogueBomber12

Pirates are the new Cowboys.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By iamjohn
    @MurderByDeath: You think I like it?  It's the most annoying fucking quest on the planet and Vinny is a scumbag for creating it. >:|
    Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Dryker

I wonder how similar to Captain Blood (the videogame) this is going to be. This game seems like a recent announcement; where as, Captain Bllood was announced quite some time ago.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#82  Edited By natetodamax

Seems like it could be pretty cool

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ryanwho
    @SunKing said:
    " @Aether said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @SunKing said:
    You mean its not cool to say "DA BOMB" anymore? Omg..what have i done...   On a related note what the hell else would a pirate be if not those two. Moral choice is not going away, mainly because there isn't a way to have a game have infinite possibilities. Some choice is better then no choice. "
    I don't take issue with the moral choice thing; rather, I think the moral dualities are named in a stupid manner. Can't one be both legendary and dreaded? Why does legendary have to mean good? "
    They're skirting wordplay like famous and infamous. Problem is legendary has never been linked to positivity. Monsters are legendary, etc. But in fairness, most moral extremes in games have stupid names. A simple good and bad would suffice but then they wouldn't have a good/bad vernacular unique to their game. Its all branding.
    Aether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Aether
    @ryanwho said:
    " @SunKing said:
    " @Aether said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @SunKing said:
    I don't take issue with the moral choice thing; rather, I think the moral dualities are named in a stupid manner. Can't one be both legendary and dreaded? Why does legendary have to mean good? "
    They're skirting wordplay like famous and infamous. Problem is legendary has never been linked to positivity. Monsters are legendary, etc. But in fairness, most moral extremes in games have stupid names. A simple good and bad would suffice but then they wouldn't have a good/bad vernacular unique to their game. Its all branding. "
    Well I don't think they are even trying to make it a good choice. I mean aside from obvious parallels from other games to align with good or bad i think that legendary actually works for the exact reason you said. You are a pirate. I don't remember any happy go lucky good pirates. 

Also about what SunKing said, you could totally be legendary and dreaded. But that would be such a long title. The Legendary Dreaded SunKing. Using only one of those sounds so much better!
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#85  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Aether said:

The Legendary Dreaded SunKing

I don't know man: The Legendary Dreaded SunKing sounds pretty sweet to me.
    Aether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Aether
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @Aether said:

The Legendary Dreaded SunKing

I don't know man: The Legendary Dreaded SunKing sounds pretty sweet to me. "
    Now that you mention it...it totally does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.