Which version of Pokemon are you buying: Black 2 or White 2?

• 53 results
#1 Posted by tracerace11 (289 posts) -

#2 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Racists!

#3 Posted by tracerace11 (289 posts) -

So this was a big question on the first set of games, so with the games coming out soon, I thought I would go ahead and throw out that question. Which version are you buying?

I bought White version for the first set, but I am thinking about buying the Black version this time around. How many of you guys are buying the other version this time?

#4 Posted by Pabba (388 posts) -

I bought White initially, but still haven't beaten it. Does that affect anything if I switch over to buying Black 2 this time around? Hmm...decisions, decisions.

#5 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Is this a metaphor for the election?

#6 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I love black.

#7 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Pabba: I remember the developers saying that if you bought Black, you should buy Black 2 and White 2 if you bought White. I haven't been digging into spoiler territory, so I don't know if it really makes any difference. It does pull your data across from the original games though.

#8 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: I'm trying to figure out how that'll work; will we have to find a second DS/3DS somewhere to import our save data? If so, I'm kind of screwed on that front.

#9 Posted by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: Yeah I'm curious too, how will that work?

#10 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

47% of the people wouldn't buy White 2 anyway.

#11 Posted by damswedon (3201 posts) -

@tracerace11: Unless you've already traded for the other cover pokemon get the same version as you did last time. Zekrom the Pokemon White mascot is in Black 2 this time and vice versa.

#12 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (850 posts) -

Nope.

#13 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -

I intend to at least get Black 2.

#14 Posted by Dixavd (1369 posts) -

I haven't bought a pokemon game since Diamond/Pearl and I don't think I will buy it right away - but I do think I will get one of B/W2 because there are lots of things in it which seem to bring back some of my favourite parts of the series (And it has been just long enough for me to be itching to play a new pokemon game again rather than be happy to binge for a week on the couple I already own).

I voted for Black 2 though as it is likely the one I will buy when I get around to it - mostly due to it having Latios and Magmar in it which I don't own.

#15 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I always get the non main version for some reason. Even in cases where it's not completely obvious which is the "red" of the two. So I'm going with white 2.

#16 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Codeacious: @JackSukeru: Like I said, I haven't been keeping up with the games too much. I'm not keen on the way the fansites and fanbase basically spoil every aspect and last details of the games. I'm sure Bulbapedia or Serebii would have more information.

But I imagine you need two DS', I don't see how it'd work otherwise.

#17 Posted by Snail (8660 posts) -

I'm buying the one with Zekrom in it. He is the most awesome-looking of the two.

#18 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

Black 2 has the exclusives I prefer. And I got White last time. Black 2.

#19 Posted by tracerace11 (289 posts) -

@damswedon: So do the saves still exist on my 3DS? I traded in the game a year ago after I beat it. I am still lost on how the old save stuff will work.

#20 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

Red.

#21 Posted by Timnoldzim (86 posts) -

White 2, since I have White.

#22 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Got White last time. Getting Black 2 this time.

#23 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

Black 2. I didn't actually finish the first one though.

#24 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Whichever one you don't buy.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

I think the pokemon distribution is designed for you to get the one you played first time. I'm getting white.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm gonna wait for Pokemon Grey or Pokemon Biracial.

#27 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

I guess Black 2, but I haven't played a Pokemon since Diamond, so.....I'm undecided. I'll need to look into which exclusives each has.

#28 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

I got black the first time, so this time I'm going white.

#29 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

People are still interested in these games?

#30 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (417 posts) -

White, since I played white the first time through

#31 Posted by Grim_2_ (50 posts) -

I got black , so I think I'll stick with Black2 I want my ice/drain punching Golurk now so bad.

#32 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

IGN Reviewed the game, called it the best Pokemon game on your DS, 9.6.

#33 Posted by FoxMulder (1711 posts) -

Gonna get White this time around after getting Black first. Just thought it would be cool to see how the other version is despite it being a new game.

#34 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

By the way, I'm getting White 2, even though Black 2 is technically cheaper on Amazon for some crazy reason.

#35 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

Bought both when they originally came out and already got Black 2 and White 2 reserved. Then again, I'm a collector of all the pokemon games so -twitch- Gotta have 'em all!

#36 Posted by drac96 (673 posts) -

@tracerace11 said:

@damswedon: So do the saves still exist on my 3DS? I traded in the game a year ago after I beat it. I am still lost on how the old save stuff will work.

No, you won't have the save anymore since you traded the cart in. You need to have two DS's so you can link the original and the second together. The only thing that'll do for you is change some of the story events so they refer to what you did in the previous game.

You can also transfer your old pokemon later in the game like always.

#37 Posted by awadnin (275 posts) -

I will buy Pokemon white version 2, because I bought the White version 1.

#38 Posted by Funrush (70 posts) -

Black 2. Got White the first time around.

#39 Posted by ripelivejam (4827 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I'm gonna wait for Pokemon Grey or Pokemon Biracial.

POKEMON NEUTRAL

#40 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I picked up White 2.

#41 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

Both because I'm a loser.

#42 Posted by Butano (1786 posts) -

I bought White last time and I'm about halfway through it. Haven't played it for like 5 months though, so I doubt I'll get either of the new ones.

#43 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

@psylah said:

Red.

FireRed

#44 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

@Deadmanforking said:

That's crazy, why would you do that? Can't you trade online for the things you're missing?

#45 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

@Deadmanforking said:

That's crazy, why would you do that? Can't you trade online for the things you're missing?

It's not even about getting the missing Pokemon. I just like to have all the games. I have bought every version since the original Red/Blue.

#46 Posted by Vaancor (247 posts) -

@Deadmanforking said:

@NegativeCero said:

@Deadmanforking said:

It's not even about getting the missing Pokemon. I just like to have all the games. I have bought every version since the original Red/Blue.

That's pretty much why I did.

#47 Posted by Matt_F606 (319 posts) -

Just picked up White 2. Heart gold was last game I played in the series.

#48 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

@Vaancor said:

@Deadmanforking said:

@NegativeCero said:

@Deadmanforking said:

That's pretty much why I did.

That was me, too, but I hit my limit at Platinum.

#49 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Been meaning to get a pokemon game for my ds for some time, i haven't played one since the game boy versions, what's the difference between black and white, or even 1 or 2.

#50 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Obama second term.

So what you're saying is that you'd rather be in Obama's Black City than Romney's White Forest?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.