Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

is the gamecube version rare now?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke
    topic
    abombb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By abombb

Well I still see many copies of Resident Evil 4 in stores, so I don't think it's rare.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Why would it? It sold a shit-ton, and I'm sure many people traded in their copy for one of the other versions.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru

Not exactly rare, but the GameCube version has stopped being produced, I believe.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

There's still a lot around, but i'm not sure if it stopped being produced.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I don't think it's rare at all, but the ports of RE2 and RE3 are supposedly rare.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By roushimsx
    brukaoru said:
    "Not exactly rare, but the GameCube version has stopped being produced, I believe."
    It doesn't matter if it's not being produced anymore. The Gamecube version sold something like 1.6 million units. It will never be rare and it will never approach anything remotely resembling uncommon. If you want something rare on the gamecube, pick up a copy of NCAA College Basketball 2k3 (~6,500 copies in existence) or scare up a US or UK copy of Pokemon Box.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose
    Kush said:
    "I don't think it's rare at all, but the ports of RE2 and RE3 are supposedly rare."
    I can confirm this. They were really expensive >_>
    Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gameboi

I haven't seen many copies in my area, save the PS2 version.  I'd say it is indeed somewhat rare. I have yet to see the RE2 or RE3 ports in any store, but those were a joke anyway.  They are great games, but he least they could've done was clean up the graphics a little bit. To charge full price for them was completely dishonorable in my opinion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Willy105

The only ones in stores now is the Wii version, so any last gen versions might be raised in value.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By roushimsx
    Black_Rose said:
    "Kush said:
    "I don't think it's rare at all, but the ports of RE2 and RE3 are supposedly rare."
    I can confirm this. They were really expensive >_>"
    That doesn't mean that they were rare, it just meant that people were willing to pay $30-$40 for used copies of them. Both games were reprinted after their initial run (as was Resident Evil Code Veronica X), and I believe GameQuestDirect was behind them. Gamestop is their biggest customer, which is why you saw odd things like mint copies of Resident Evil 2, Cubivore, Rhapsody and Persona 2 (among other games) sitting there on the used shelf for a marked up premium. I'm sure if they could get the licenses squared away, they would have financed a print run of Marvel vs Capcom 2 long, long ago.

No idea why Code Veronica X still commands a bit more than the other two games. Maybe because it hasn't been announced as being Wii-fied or something while everything else is?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.