Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 26, 2012

Resident Evil: Revelations is a full, story-driven Resident Evil title in which Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine split up to investigate a new conspiracy, with new partners Parker and Jessica.

Today In Capcom Doing Upsetting Things: Resident Evil: Revelations is $50

• 171 results
    algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By algertman

Doesn't surprise me. Just look how Capcom whores out their fighting games.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#152  Edited By biospank
    @frondoni: Have you tested this person's working memory? Because it is normall to forget detail within 20seconds. You will only remember the importent things in the room like in the livingroom, bathroom and bedroom. The same goes for the basic information of another persons face like facial structure, color of the hair,eyes and skin.  

Sorry for my English and grammar I am not good at his language to be honest.
    TWiSTEDmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By TWiSTEDmerc

It's just $10, is everybody going to explode over that?   I remember when last generation to current generation titles went from $50 to $60 and while I didn't like it, I didn't see people getting excessively frustrated.   Besides, the game seems to be worth its' money.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By probablytuna

$50 in the US would probably result in the game being at least $70 if not $80AUD. No thanks....

Kayrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By Kayrack

GG!!!!!!!!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#156  Edited By Bollard

Well when 3DS games are already RRP'd at £35 in England, I guess this means this will be £40 - the same price as console games - here? Awesome.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Contro

@frondoni:

Hey, your making yourself look silly with that tone all those edited quotations, some of which are taken out of context.

As a RE group leader on Capcom Unity and GS, and a visitor to numerous RE sites (mainly RE News). I've see ample eagerness for this game and all that it has to offer. I've followed this from the very start, In fact, if you take a look into the forum here you'll see that clearly. I've seen have seen how things have played out among the audience and know only too well the feeling among 3DS owners. This hasn't been all rosy, there have certainly been lulls, but that's not because of this game. A little while ago Capcom made a fatal design decision by not allowing users to be able to delete a save file and start again in Mercs 3D. A horrific desicion. When the game was announced though, a significant amount of RE fans said they were only getting one of the two games that were announced for 3DS, and that was this game.

On a positive not I've noticed many fans very happy that the MP in this game doesn't look at all like Mercs 3D.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Contro

@fantasyfreak07

It's only £32 on Amazon UK, only £2 more than usual. Gotta love Pre-order price guarantee :P

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#159  Edited By Brackynews

It is really interesting how $10 makes such a difference in where a game should "fit" compared to the platform it is on. $10 is literally a Papa burger w/cheese, onion rings, and a root beer at A&W.

For a while, Phantasy Star II sold copies in North America for up to $120 in 1990 money. 6 MEGA MEMORY and a hint book riddled with errors for the equivalent of $200 today.

If you don't like what a game costs, wait. Can't say the same for food.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

@TWiSTEDmerc: At that time last generation you also didn't have a cellphone which can play equally good games for 99 cents.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#161  Edited By FightMeNerd

I don't get all the hate, the mercinaries had terrible audio and limited content, maybe they were testing the waters and found that the normal 3ds cartidge, they had to go the extra mile and pay the difference to make sure revelations has the space to big a large game where is looks and sounds decent. The way I see this, and if they prove me wrong then I will admit this was a bad move, they might mean console experience by meaning they are making a game with the amount of content RE 4 and RE 5 had.

15 to 20 hour campaign on your first run, tons of unlockables, treasure finding, puzzle solving and tons of replay value.

The way I think of it is this way, the 3DS has the capability of running gamecube games, the average disc space for ps2 larger discs and xbox original discs are 4gb. This has the settings for a good game considering they just put in a similar effort they did for RE4 and just learn from mistakes they did. And what if the larger cartridge is the only option for that.

danater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By danater

i don't know about it being worth 50$, but the new extended trailer looked like it could be scary like dead space in 3d and that all depends on that capcom is still wanting to destroy the good old RE memories or change it's ways. honestly, i hope it does or it would be the end of RE. :(

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By mewarmo990

@Brackynews said:

You've got it!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By napalm

@BadNews said:

I don't get all the hate,

Protip: any time you start a post with this, the assumption is you're an idiot because you can't see anything from another persons point of view.

With how Capcom has been, I'm really not surprised.

ratzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ratzombie

Capcom feels really out of touch these days, are there really people who want to play a Resident Evil game on a handheld? And also pay almost as much for a console game for it?

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166  Edited By yukoasho

@Vegsen said:

When did Capcom started hating their customers? WHAT DID WE DO

We bought into SFIV. That seemed to be the jump-off for Capcom slipping into their old douchbag ways. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see a $30 super version of this game in a year's time.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167  Edited By yukoasho

@Brackynews said:

Pretty much. Unless it's Call of Duty or something of similar prestige, game prices tend to drop pretty damned fast. I expect this'll be $30 or less by the time people stop loling at Capcom.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#168  Edited By MeatSim

Don't buy it or wait for a price drop which I don't think will be long.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#169  Edited By Kyle

@Vexxan said:

When did Capcom started hating their customers? WHAT DID WE DO

Well, maybe if you had just been a little bit more excited about Mega Man Legends 3...

koobz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By koobz

I hope the phrase "FEAR-INDUCING 3D" is printed on a golden sticker and slapped enthusiastically on the cover of every copy of the game.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171  Edited By JudgeDread

full console experience does not help when the game looks like its going to be shit in all the videos I've seen.

Shit poor voice acting and script

Shit poor animation and controls

theyre just using the 3D as a gimmick to sell a shit game.

Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know if you people (when i say that i mean ignorant people) realize this, but $50 is a fair price for a 4gb game on the 3ds. and from what i have seen the extra space is needed to keep the game running smoothly and looking just as good as a current gen console, like it does now.... so you should be lucky it doesnt cost current gen full price ($60) because it easily could... and besides i heard the game is worth it. I would easily get a 3ds just to get it if i could afford to do so (stupid bills lol)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.