Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

Capcom looking to bring a new Resi on Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Speaking recently about the upcoming Resident Evil 5, Capcom confirmed how it is keen to bring the series back to Wii. Juntake Uchi, Producer of Resident Evil 5, went on record, in an interview squarely based on the impending PS3/Xbox 360 release of RE5, to say the following:

"We really like the Wii. We think it's a wonderful piece of hardware. We are definitely thinking about ways we can bring the Resident Evil series to the Wii, but it could be a couple of years down the road just yet."

So could he be talking about a re-worked version of Resident Evil 5 in a couple of years?, with a continuous line of remakes/ports in-between?. Resident Evil 0 on Wii sold around 50,000+ units in Japan and Resident Evil Remake hits Japan this December, with many believing a RE2 remake could be on the cards for 2010. I think Wii owners are looking at a near three year wait myself, but as long as Capcom devliver some great titles in between like they have on the horizon now, that will be cool enough for me.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Bring it on capcom.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By kush

It's not like that is too surprising. Capcom loves money and the more systems a game releases on...the more money. I would expect remakes of RE2/3 etc over a version of RE5 though.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By SpinCookie
    Kush said:
    "It's not like that is too surprising. Capcom loves money and the more systems a game releases on...the more money. I would expect remakes of RE2/3 etc over a version of RE5 though."
    I hate that phrase " so and so company loves money, so they'll probably do this."  Then why don't we have Earthbound on the VC, where is the kid icarus game, where is new super mario bros 2 for DS, how come metal gear 4 didn't go to 360 too, why aren't there ps2 games on the psn, how come japan got MGS1 on the psn and we didn't, where is golden eye on the VC, where is banjo kazooie on the VC,  why are certain systems region locked.

If these companies loved money so much they'd all work together to make this stuff happen.  I understand that they don't what their competiton to make money also, in the case of goldeneye and banjo, but still, there are plenty of questions like that that just baffle me as to why nothings been done yet.
    Elijah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Elijah
    Kush said:
    "It's not like that is too surprising. Capcom loves money and the more systems a game releases on...the more money. I would expect remakes of RE2/3 etc over a version of RE5 though."
    Prrretty much what I was going to say.  Since the Wii is underpowered compared to other consoles, you can get away with porting old-ass games and selling them at a premium without much whining from consumers.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I imagine there'll be remakes of 2, 3 and CVX or perhaps some kind of spin-off stories rather than some downtuned version of RE5.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

Ugh. Only a few team members are left who were involved in the REMake. As much as I would love RE2 and 3 remade in the same fashion, I just don't see it being as good as the first remake.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ported RE5 to the Wii. Afterall, they're making Dead Rising for the Wii and I don't see them stopping there.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

RE 5's title screen, coming soon!

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Knives
    Elijah said:
    "Kush said:
    Prrretty much what I was going to say.  Since the Wii is underpowered compared to other consoles, you can get away with porting old-ass games and selling them at a premium without much whining from consumers."
    Excuse me? Name one "old-ass game" Capcom has ported and sold at a premium without much whining from consumers?
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Endogene
    Knives said:
    "Elijah said:
    "Kush said:
    Prrretty much what I was going to say.  Since the Wii is underpowered compared to other consoles, you can get away with porting old-ass games and selling them at a premium without much whining from consumers."
    Excuse me? Name one "old-ass game" Capcom has ported and sold at a premium without much whining from consumers?"
    RE4 Wii was budget priced might i remember some.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By clubsandwich

I'd love to see a RE2 remake.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    SpinCookie said:
    "Kush said:

I hate that phrase " so and so company loves money, so they'll probably do this."  Then why don't we have Earthbound on the VC, where is the kid icarus game, where is new super mario bros 2 for DS, how come metal gear 4 didn't go to 360 too, why aren't there ps2 games on the psn, how come japan got MGS1 on the psn and we didn't, where is golden eye on the VC, where is banjo kazooie on the VC,  why are certain systems region locked.

If these companies loved money so much they'd all work together to make this stuff happen.  I understand that they don't what their competiton to make money also, in the case of goldeneye and banjo, but still, there are plenty of questions like that that just baffle me as to why nothings been done yet."

Nintendo have a ton of titles that they could put on the VC in a instant, but they only put titles onto the VC in a strategical manner, waiting for lulls in releases and also making sure they do not hamper both the sales of their own titles and notable third party games. I hate it, but it works for them, it must do when they persist with it.

Earthbound is coming to the VC, it has been ESRB rated. The GBA game Mother 3 I think will arrive also, on DSi Ware translated for the west. If it does not happen on DSi Ware it will be Wii Ware with a graphical overhaul.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

So will this one actually TRY to look good?

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Lies
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose

I really loved RE 4 Wii. I hope they make a full game as Lies said. RE spin offs are always mediocre.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By shadows_kill
    LiquidPrince said:
    "So will this one actually TRY to look good?"
    if its a spin off then i doupt it will. if they do RE 5 like they did with 4 then it will look good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.