Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Full Length Launch Trailer

• 82 results
#1 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata was a great song to use.

Awesomeness confirmed?
#2 Edited by pause422 (6169 posts) -

I think hands down this will be the best spiderman game made yet by the way it looks..just certain things I'm kinda iffy about. I noticed in one of the short vids I saw the otherday(since the dudes doing it now worked on Tony Hawk games previously) a few of the moves he did to enemies looked like skateboarding tricks....and that kinda seemed pretty typical and expected I guess. Still definitely giving this game a try. I think though getting away from just making their games tie in movies and being done by another team is the best thing to happen to this game.

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I think it's already well known that I am super hyped for this game, but I don't know anyone could deny the awesomeness of that trailer. That is one of the best launch trailers I've seen in a while. This game may have just been turned into a buy for me and the use of Moonlight Sonata was brilliant. I really can't wait to play this game.

#4 Posted by Jedted (2317 posts) -

Wow!  If i wasn't already stoked on the game that would've just sold me on it!

The music they used really sets the tone for the story and looks like Spidey will have to make a big sacrifice.  I can't wait to see the symbiote versions of all the heroes/villians, the Black Cat and Vulture ones look pretty cool.

#5 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Wow, that looks actually good, i'll have to keep my eye on this one.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"Wow, that looks actually good, i'll have to keep my eye on this one."
I think it's better if you keep both eyes on the game...you wouldn't want to walk into a glass door or anything.
#7 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Symbiote Wolverine FTW.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
albedos_shadow said:
"Symbiote Wolverine FTW."
Symbiote Venom FTO! (For the obvious)
#9 Posted by JacobBrodersen (316 posts) -

as a comic book fan, and a hater of all things spiderman outside comic books, i must say this looks pretty cool, i'm pretty sure it won't be, but i like the dark tone of it.

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Looking awesome.

#11 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
JacobBrodersen said:
"as a comic book fan, and a hater of all things spiderman outside comic books, i must say this looks pretty cool, i'm pretty sure it won't be, but i like the dark tone of it."
All I can say is do it. If you don't know what that means...just do it!
#12 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Kush and I are very happy right now.

Awesomeness IS CONFIRMED!

#13 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I did not expect an awesome trailer.
Most definitely will be watching out for this game.

#14 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -

That is the best trailer for anything Spider-Man related I've ever seen. 

I'm calling it--best superhero game ever.  The final shot is epic.  I'm so relieved Shaba has lived up to their claim and has broken the mold for these sandbox Spidey games. 

#15 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"That is the best trailer for anything Spider-Man related I've ever seen. 

I'm calling it--best superhero game ever.  The final shot is epic.  I'm so relieved Shaba has lived up to their claim and has broken the mold for these sandbox Spidey games. "

+1
#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -
Kush said:
"albedos_shadow said:
"Symbiote Wolverine FTW."
Symbiote Venom FTO! (For the obvious)"
I'm really impressed with Symbiote Vulture and and the Anti-Venoms, too.  Wow.  That trailer is fucking good.  There is no other way to extrapolate it. 
#17 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I didn't realize that the Black Cat would become a symbiote, too. I'm betting everyone does, including  Luke Cage. This is going to be sweeeeeeeet.

#18 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Great trailer, didn't know what to think from this game before I saw this. Spider-Man is finally the badass he is supposed to be, and Venom is amazing. Or at least the symbiotes in general.

#19 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Wolverine is that you? I'll get this if its any good

#20 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

The trailer does make the story look good, but I'm still skeptical about the gameplay.

#21 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
suneku said:
"The trailer does make the story look good, but I'm still skeptical about the gameplay."
The gameplay is the one part of the game that is usually praised in all the previews. They always compare it to God of War so I don't think you should worry about that.

...I am so excited for this game and jealous of Nick Suttner because I saw him playing the game on my friend's list...not cool! :P
#22 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

*Drumroll*

#23 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"*Drumroll*"
This game has become one of my most hyped for the month of October on this trailer and this trailer alone...Tuesday can't get here soon enough!
#24 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"*Drumroll*"
This game has become one of my most hyped for the month of October on this trailer and this trailer alone...Tuesday can't get here soon enough!"

What's Tuesday?
#25 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

IM SOLD! hope I can play as wolverine :<

#26 Edited by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I think I can speak for everyone when I say this:

IF I CAN DO ALL THE SHIT THAT I SAW IN THAT TRAILER WITH EXCELLENT CONTROLS AND NO QUICK TIME EVENTS, THIS WILL BE FUCKING A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

That trailer was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!  Just looking at it, the story seems like a BRILLIANT way of rebirthing the Spider-Man franchise to the gaming world.  I mean...they had ALIEN SYMBIOTE VULTURE!!!  They had ALIEN SYMBIOTE BLACK CAT!!!  Yeah, they had to fucking Wolverine in it to sell copies (fuck Wolverine...and fuck you for liking his stupid ass)...but regardless, I'm super psyched about this game!!!
#27 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"I think I can speak for everyone when I say this:
IF I CAN DO ALL THE SHIT THAT I SAW IN THAT TRAILER WITH EXCELLENT CONTROLS AND NO QUICK TIME EVENTS, THIS WILL BE FUCKING A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

That trailer was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!  Just looking at it, the story seems like a BRILLIANT way of rebirthing the Spider-Man franchise to the gaming world.  I mean...they had ALIEN SYMBIOTE VULTURE!!!  They had ALIEN SYMBIOTE BLACK CAT!!!  Yeah, they had to fucking Wolverine in it to sell copies (fuck Wolverine...and fuck you for liking his stupid ass)...but regardless, I'm super psyched about this game!!!
"

You sir, are an idiot. thnk u vary mutch
#28 Posted by link_o_hyrule (32 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"I think I can speak for everyone when I say this:

"

QFT
#29 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Oh, I'm sorry that I'm psyched about this game now!  Before, I had no interest and never even expressed it...but if the game is even a quarter as epic as that trailer was, it'll be better than most of the shit that has come out this year!

#30 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"What's Tuesday?"
Tuesday is the day of the week when new releases come out...though I sadly found out that this has apparently been pushed back to the 21st...maybe it's been that way for a while, but I could have sworn the majority of sites said Oct. 14th a week ago.
#31 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"What's Tuesday?"
Tuesday is the day of the week when new releases come out...though I sadly found out that this has apparently been pushed back to the 21st...maybe it's been that way for a while, but I could have sworn the majority of sites said Oct. 14th a week ago."
This is coming out in two weeks!!? O_o.

Awesome
#32 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"This is coming out in two weeks!!? O_o.

Awesome"
Yea...I really wish it was coming out this week though.
#33 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"What's Tuesday?"
Tuesday is the day of the week when new releases come out...though I sadly found out that this has apparently been pushed back to the 21st...maybe it's been that way for a while, but I could have sworn the majority of sites said Oct. 14th a week ago."

Nah, it's been the 21st for a long time now. Sorry. =P
#34 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

The trailer makes me both sad and pysched for the game.  Seeing Spidey walking with his head down as the shit hits the fan all around him was something else.

#35 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
GMan said:
"The trailer makes me both sad and pysched for the game.  Seeing Spidey walking with his head down as the shit hits the fan all around him was something else."

Sad in an emotionally moved sort of way? Or mega disappointed kind of sad? I hope the former because this game looks like it's going to kick some serious ass.
#36 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I am sooooo disappointed that the game isn't coming out this week. That now makes it a rental for me because I was planning to grab it with the Toys 'R Us deal, but now I can't....and Oct. 21st has games I'm looking forward to more than this game.

#37 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

To be honest, I think this might be the single coolest trailer for a video game that I have yet seen. Hopefully the game lives up to the ads.

#38 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Sold.

#39 Posted by Ryan_ (174 posts) -

oh this game better come out soon or i am gonna have a hissy fit.

#40 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Ryan_ said:
"oh this game better come out soon or i am gonna have a hissy fit."
It comes out October 21st...making it an easily forgotten game.
#41 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"Ryan_ said:
"oh this game better come out soon or i am gonna have a hissy fit."
It comes out October 21st...making it an easily forgotten game."

It makes it a christmas list game for me.
#42 Posted by Oni (2094 posts) -

Where did this game come from? It's out when? IN TWO WEEKS?

My poor, poor wallet. Looks fuckawesome.

#43 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"It makes it a christmas list game for me."
Makes it a "I don't know...I'll probably buy it used at some point" game for me. :P
#44 Posted by Ryan_ (174 posts) -
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"It makes it a christmas list game for me."
Makes it a "I don't know...I'll probably buy it used at some point" game for me. :P"
I am buying it on day one just because i am a huge comics fan and i love spiderman
#45 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Ryan_ said:
"I am buying it on day one just because i am a huge comics fan and i love spiderman"
I'd buy it day one too if Far Cry 2 wasn't staring me right in the face that day.
#46 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Fallout 3 is going to be my launch game...

#47 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
Kush said:
"Ryan_ said:
"I am buying it on day one just because i am a huge comics fan and i love spiderman"
I'd buy it day one too if Far Cry 2 wasn't staring me right in the face that day."
Kush, I'll even neglect Far Cry 2 for this game...if not for the simple fact that we know Far Cry 2 will be amazing.
Besides, just buy it, check it out, if it sucks, then pay the restocking fee when you take it back and get Far Cry 2.  It all works out in the end.  = D
#48 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Kush, I'll even neglect Far Cry 2 for this game...if not for the simple fact that we know Far Cry 2 will be amazing.
Besides, just buy it, check it out, if it sucks, then pay the restocking fee when you take it back and get Far Cry 2.  It all works out in the end.  = D"
I don't have money to just throw around...so I think I'll just buy Far Cry 2 and rent this one. No biggie.
#49 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

....yeah, I'm going to be renting it anyways.  Actually, pretty much all the games coming out, I'm going to just be renting.  Not owning a 360 makes it difficult to warrant buying anything without a discounted price.

#50 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"....yeah, I'm going to be renting it anyways.  Actually, pretty much all the games coming out, I'm going to just be renting.  Not owning a 360 makes it difficult to warrant buying anything without a discounted price."
What do you own? PC only?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.