Mysterious LucasArts Project Is Star Wars 1313

• 119 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3471 posts) -

There’s been idle speculation about the Star Wars 1313 trademark floating around for a few months now. Is that the name of the fabled TV show, perhaps a new movie? Nope, it’s a game, and hopefully this is Clint Hocking's project.

Star Wars 1313 will be at E3, and is described by LucasArts as a “mature” take on Star Wars (the website has an age-gate), with players exploring a location called Level 1313 as a “lethal bounty hunter.”

"Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit,” said LucasArts president Paul Meegan in the announcement press release.

Are we looking at a Boba Fett adventure? LucasArts isn’t saying yet, but we should know more soon.

Maybe this is E3 2012’s Prey 2. No threats of encountering a guy named Tommy, either.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3471 posts) -

There’s been idle speculation about the Star Wars 1313 trademark floating around for a few months now. Is that the name of the fabled TV show, perhaps a new movie? Nope, it’s a game, and hopefully this is Clint Hocking's project.

Star Wars 1313 will be at E3, and is described by LucasArts as a “mature” take on Star Wars (the website has an age-gate), with players exploring a location called Level 1313 as a “lethal bounty hunter.”

"Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit,” said LucasArts president Paul Meegan in the announcement press release.

Are we looking at a Boba Fett adventure? LucasArts isn’t saying yet, but we should know more soon.

Maybe this is E3 2012’s Prey 2. No threats of encountering a guy named Tommy, either.

Staff
#2 Edited by RadleyDuder (74 posts) -

oh great more star wars.

Edit: Now that I've read it, it doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. Hope to see some more info at E3.

#3 Posted by phuzzybunny (171 posts) -

Hopefully this will be good!

#4 Posted by Yaxley (1 posts) -

I'm kind of excited. I hope I don't get fooled

#5 Posted by Foil1212 (444 posts) -

Ooh, Clint Hocking!

#6 Posted by Falconer (1681 posts) -

WTF! Why are there so many awesome games coming out next year? How the fuck am I supposed to save for the next Xbox?

#7 Posted by Bribo (592 posts) -

I hope it's better than Star Wars 1312.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I think it sounds kinda awesome. Wanna see more

#9 Posted by Grixxel (763 posts) -

Please ... people ... stop giving that man your fucking money!

#10 Posted by Rincewind (244 posts) -

What if Prey 2 was actually this game.

#11 Posted by dr_mantas (1796 posts) -

All I ever wanted... was KOTOR III...

#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

God forbid Lucas Arts ever makes another non Star Wars game again. At least I still have my memories... for now.

#13 Edited by andriv (256 posts) -

just took a look at the lucasarts page and found this game description:

This is a game about fighting cancer. In this game, you play the role of a hero on a hovering surfboard with ultra-high-tech weapons. You are the cure!

#14 Posted by Foxillusion (150 posts) -

"We're gonna try and get it right this time, seriously"

#15 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

It'll be Tomi Endivain

#16 Posted by fragor87 (82 posts) -

I wonder what the timeline will be for this game. Does it take place before A New Hope like basically everything does nowadays. Does it occur post Return of the Jedi? I'm intrigued to see where it falls in the Star Wars timeline. Also, please don't suck...

#17 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

A Star Wars game with allegedly "no force powers" (from GI's article), featuring a unknown character? Why bother.

I'm hoping this game makes me eat that snark and that it turns out to be something good.

#18 Posted by yoshisaur (2645 posts) -

I hope it follows no one Iconic, and delves a little farther than the license usually allows much like the extended universe stuff. Yeah, we all know some of those guys can get a little out of hand with the scenarios they cook up, but at least a good amount of those novels have very good ideas. I really liked the enemy in the beginning of the New Jedi Order, and thought the atmosphere created there with Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker could be a very good theme for a game.

#19 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Rincewind said:

What if Prey 2 was actually this game.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD. That's exactly what I thought when I read the press release/saw the artwork.

#20 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

I wanted it to be Battlefront 3, but at this point i'll take any star wars game that isn't garbage.

#21 Posted by mbr2 (559 posts) -

I was gonna make fun and say Rated M for Fuck, bloody boobs but then OOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT CLINT HOCKING

#22 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I'm not really interested in a Mature-rated Star Wars game. It seems like too much of a gimmick.

Plus...they've got a lot to prove when it comes to a new "core" Star Wars game. The last time they put one out, they rushed it out and fired a lot of people that worked on it...and it showed.

#23 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

looks like a spiritual sequel to bounty hunter

#24 Edited by Begilerath (175 posts) -

It seems kind of interesting, but I can't take it seriously with that name. At least in my country's Internet community 1313 is associated with the following smiley face:

Because the code associated to that particular gif is :1313:

#25 Posted by FMinus (389 posts) -

Republic Commando 2! Do it Lucas!

Not some bounty hunter or jedi crap we had in the past.

#26 Posted by Eribuster (483 posts) -

I guess they didn't want to go with Star Wars: Bounty Hunter 2.

#27 Posted by Roger778 (953 posts) -

Very intriguing news. It's about time we got an M-rated Star Wars Game. I did want a new Republic Commando game, or a Knights of the Old Republic 3, but I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

#28 Posted by wardcleaver (172 posts) -

@Bribo said:

I hope it's better than Star Wars 1312.

Oh, it will be. But just not as good as Star Wars 1314.

#29 Posted by Mirado (990 posts) -

@fragor87: There are Tie fighters in that shot, so it should be post ANH.... at least, that's what I'm hoping for as well.

#30 Posted by JesterPC238 (341 posts) -

Sounds interesting, I like many am hoping for a Battlefront 3, but a mature, open world (hopefully) bounty hunting game could be awesome.

#31 Posted by Natedog24 (89 posts) -

This is not the Star Wars game you were looking for

#32 Posted by RetroVirus (1457 posts) -

When I saw TIE fighters it made me 100% more interested in this project. I still need Battlefront 3 though!

#33 Posted by beef_melody (261 posts) -

If it doesn't feature TIE Fighters roaring out of nowhere to run you over, it's not a Clint Hocking game.

#34 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

Agent 13..... no how about Agent1313, double the scary!1

>_>... who names this garbage?ProjectIcebreaker..pft

Clive Cussler get a job in the industry?

#35 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

@RadleyDuder: Funny how that works out sometimes, eh? :p

#36 Posted by brownsfantb (389 posts) -

The only reason this is a Star Wars game is because it's tough to get buzz for a new IP this late in the console cycle. Hopefully, it's good.

#37 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -

Good, there needs to be an M rated Star Wars game.

#38 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

Sometimes I read LucasArts as LuchasArts and I think it's some sort of lucha school.

#39 Edited by Maajin (1052 posts) -

Sounds like the title of a possible Final Fantasy game, the 13th part of the adventures of Lightning and co., Final Fantasy XII-13.

#40 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1544 posts) -

After all the crap they put out that has the StarWars brand attached to it ... at least this sounds like a neat idea.

#41 Posted by fragor87 (82 posts) -

@Mirado: True but TFU had TIE fighters and I believe that took place after Revenge of the Sith but prior to A New Hope.

#42 Posted by Maitimo (176 posts) -

Difficult to get excited over Star Wars anything these days

#43 Posted by Plipster (132 posts) -

...actually,his may be really cool.

#44 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

The idea is perfect. It's all about execution.

#45 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

from that screen it looks as if its set in the epi. 4-6 range and is on coruscant. this has promise.

#46 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@beef_melody: those trucks were always waiting for you no matter where you went

#47 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Adult star wars game?

#48 Posted by freakin9 (1102 posts) -

It's hard to play Force Unleashed and then expect much about any Star Wars games.

#49 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

I love copying and pasting press releases then adding links.............

#50 Posted by Rincewind (244 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos: I love being in your head. It's so warm and squishy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.