Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Star Wars 1313 Looks Real, Real Good

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By StingingVelvet

I bet this launched on all six platforms... high-end version for PC, Xbox 3 and PS4, lower end version for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. I think this can be done on current consoles, it will just lose a LOT of effects and detail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f76481472c04
    deactivated-5f76481472c04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Jimbo
    @Peanut

God damn it, you fucking people. Are none of you excited to see SOME glimpse of what the potential next-gen looks like? Does it not entice you in any way shape or form? Do you need to shit on this because it's Star Wars or "third-person covered based shooter boo hoo!" or is it just impossible to make some of you even remotely enthused about something?

Also, stop making definitive fucking statements based on videos you've seen online. You have no first-hand experience, so your statements are even more useless than they'd normally be.

If this is what it's gonna be used for, I kinda don't care how it looks. It does look great, but you know what else looks great? Movies. I enjoy great graphics in great games, but if the game seems boring / barely interactive then I don't care how it looks. Holding Up while my character slowly climbs up something isn't my idea of gaming, no matter how pretty the background is.

And this only gives us a glimpse of next gen if the NG consoles are as powerful as the most powerful current PCs, and if they can keep up those kind of production values over the course of a whole game without it being prohibitively expensive, both of which remain to be seen.
    yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By yukoasho

Am I the only person who thinks that this is bullshit smoke & mirrors like the debut videos for Madden 06 and Call of Duty 2 when the Xbox was showing up?

And really, I don't see why this necessitates the move to another hardware gen. The differences are very minute, and probably won't be noticeable in the heat of battle. Sorry, but the next generation better be more than slightly higher texture quality. No one wants to pay $400+ for an incremental upgrade.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Anund

Wow, these boards are full of cynical assholes, aren't they? "Yeah, I don't like it, I think it sucks cause bro, I've seen this before, know what I'm sayin'?"

I think the time has come for you people to get out of the basement and head into the world. You're obviously done with gaming.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By yukoasho

@SmilingPig said:

No Caption Provided

You know what looked great also: Time Traveler for the arcade. The game controlled like shit, but it looked great.

Don't forget the Laserdisc arcade games. Dragon's Lair, Time Gal, Space Ace, et al.

RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By RyanD

@TheSpoonyBard said:

Climbing around a large object as bits and pieces of it fall off. Shooting people inside a falling object while cover shifts around... I've seen this before :p

Yeah but Uncharted is pretty awesome so unless being based on star wars ruins that, I'm pretty excited

Avatar image for captrocketblaze
    CaptRocketblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CaptRocketblaze

Finally I get my Star Wars bounty hunter game. Now if somebody would kindly make a game where the lightsaber is king & the world crumbles like that of Red Faction: Guerrilla I'll be all set.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By doobie

@Anund said:

Wow, these boards are full of cynical assholes, aren't they? "Yeah, I don't like it, I think it sucks cause bro, I've seen this before, know what I'm sayin'?"

I think the time has come for you people to get out of the basement and head into the world. You're obviously done with gaming.

i have to agree.

i really wonder what would actually take to make these people say 'wow' or get a little excited.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By superfriend

Don´t get me wrong, this looks amazing- but Lucas Arts kinda has a track record of showing amazing tech and then never delivering on it. Remember that Indy demo, where chairs and stuff would break all physics driven? That game never came out. Force Unleashed was also part of those demos. Yeah, that one came out, but it wasn´t a very good game (I always imagined it being more like Jedi Knight)..

I also hate how Lucas seems to lay everybody off after a game is done. That way you can never build a solid team that can deliver a quality experience.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Eyz

This does really look amazing!

Kinda what Force Unleashed should have been!

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#112  Edited By korolev

This is the first star wars game that I actually have some interest in. Depending on the campaign length, I might buy it.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#113  Edited By Mnemoidian

I'm a bit surprised this is getting as much buzz as it is, sure, it looks really pretty - but isn't it effectively Uncharted?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for it, and I'm probably going to get it... and maybe this is because I feel extremely betrayed by the Star Wars brand, but I can't get that excited for a game that is "just" pretty/realistic graphics.

Also, the bits in the above trailer past the 02:00 mark really bothers me. It's a crashing ship, and he's clearly struggling with cross-winds at one part, yet somehow he can jump do Uncharted-style climbing/jumping without getting blown away?

Man, that comes across as really negative - sorry about that, but... it's a Star Wars game. I've been hurt so many times. :(

At least there are no force users... yet.

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By Gildermershina

I wonder if this bears any relation to the Star Wars live action TV show they've been talking about for near enough a decade. That was also supposed to be between trilogies, and feature a bounty hunter.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By Brad

@Tanstaafl said:

Really this is supposed to blow me away? I've seen games look about this good on my pc right now without it breaking a sweat.. I'm a bit disappointed.. though at least I know I'll be able to run "next gen" games no problem.

No you haven't.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I NEED 720 NOW!!!!!!!!!!

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#117  Edited By BiG_Weasel

Glad I bought a new PC :) This looks amazing!

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By doobie

@Tanstaafl said:

Really this is supposed to blow me away? I've seen games look about this good on my pc right now without it breaking a sweat.. I'm a bit disappointed.. though at least I know I'll be able to run "next gen" games no problem.

can you post some screens of your PC that look as good as this, i'd love to see them

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By ventilaator

So...what's the amazing part? This is a prettier Uncharted.

Watch Dogs man. Now that was impressive.

batmeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By batmeng

It looks good, but I'm hoping for a bigger jump with the next consoles. This looks like a game that just benefits from more effects due to a high-end PC, but nothing really mind blowing.

Phoenix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Phoenix87

I agree Brad. This E3 sucked ass.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By RVonE

@Tanstaafl said:

Name one of those games.

BigBobOmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#123  Edited By BigBobOmb

Very impressive, makes me want to upgrade my PC already even though I recently built it.

KillerPidgeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By KillerPidgeon

...and then Lucas will take a closer look and go "What about a mid-game twist that he gains the Force"

...and then we all cry

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#125  Edited By Humanity
    @RVonE

@Tanstaafl said:

Name one of those games.

Well Witcher 2 for one. I'm not really saying HEY MAN pc games rock and you console kiddies ain't got a clue - but I do think this a case of unwarranted Brad obsession where he will champion this title to no end. I think it looks neat but it hasn't seemingly done anything we haven't seen before so I can't understand where Brad is coming from.
    BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BlatantNinja23

it always amazed me when people claimed that DX 11 and the new console cycle wouldn't be a huge improvement.. Star Wars 1313 alone proves that wrong, and it's early for all of that. So if this is where it begins, I can't wait to see where it ends. It's too bad though that the PC version ends up just being a port, otherwise this is where a lot of the PC games would be at.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By PhilipDuck

Looks pretty sweet.

Bakath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Bakath

This is the start of all the consoles peeps who said graphics do not matter (whaa whaa whaa) start changing thier tune. lol

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#129  Edited By Lazyaza

@doobie said:

@Anund said:

i have to agree.

i really wonder what would actually take to make these people say 'wow' or get a little excited.

Unreal Engine 4, the real next gen engine that will become standard in the years to come. Not a modded UE3 that I suspect is being used mainly for cost reasons and coding familiarity on the developer side. Sorry but when you play a lot of high end PC games when the next "leap" comes it has to be just that; a leap. Anyone whose played Witcher 2, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 or similar games at max on a high end PC isn't going to be jaw dropped by this tech demo. That's just how it is.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Anund

@Lazyaza said:

@doobie said:

@Anund said:

i have to agree.

Unreal Engine 4, the real next gen engine that will become standard in the years to come. Not a modded UE3 that I suspect is being used mainly for cost reasons and coding familiarity on the developer side. Sorry but when you play a lot of high end PC games when the next "leap" comes it has to be just that; a leap. Anyone whose played Witcher 2, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 or similar games at max on a high end PC isn't going to be jaw dropped by this tech demo. That's just how it is.

I've got a high end PC and played The Witcher 2 on that a few weeks ago. Doesn't mean I have to be a jaded asshole about every new thing coming out of E3.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Cubical

I find it hilarous when the console noobs think there fucking new xbox or ps4 is going to look like as good as a PC game when the new consoles already run old ass pc hardware that is what they have been doing since 2001 stuffing old ass pc hardware into a box and calling it a console.

Besides it will play like ass with a analog stick anyway

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By dropabombonit

I was kind of meh when this was announced but after seeing it on GT I can't wait for it

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Agent47

@Cubical: I find it hilarious how PC elitists never shut the fuck up about consoles.

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

I'm really excited for this game, 1313 will definitely be the Star Wars game everyone remembers.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#135  Edited By DarkbeatDK

It looks great. So does Watch Dogs.

I wonder if those games will be home on PC and the console port feels the same way it felt owning a Commodore 64 when all the screenshots in the magazines, was from the Amiga versions of the same games.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By doobie

@Lazyaza said:

@doobie said:

@Anund said:

i have to agree.

i have a high end PC. (i7 2600k with 2xGTX570) and i play the witcher 2, BF3 and all the other games you mention. but none of those even maxed out look like that. if you can link me to a video or post some pics that do then i would be really interested to see them.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By doobie

@Humanity said:

@RVonE

@Tanstaafl said:

Name one of those games.

Well Witcher 2 for one. I'm not really saying HEY MAN pc games rock and you console kiddies ain't got a clue - but I do think this a case of unwarranted Brad obsession where he will champion this title to no end. I think it looks neat but it hasn't seemingly done anything we haven't seen before so I can't understand where Brad is coming from.

can you please post or link to a video of the witcher 2 that looks as good as that video.

Saltank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Saltank

Why don't they post an Original or at least 1080p of this on YouTube? 720p sucks :(

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By RVonE

@doobie: Exactly.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#140  Edited By Lazyaza

@doobie: You and several others seem to be taking the "negative" comments people have been leaving about this video too literally. We're not saying this game DOESN'T look better than Witcher 2 etc, what we're saying is the leap that has many people mind boggled isn't as pronounced to us because of games like Witcher 2 etc. I don't understand how this is being misinterpreted so much. We're not being jaded or cynical and if you truly believe this game looks lightyears ahead of the existing games mentioned then you've really got a funny way of assessing what you see when you play these games.

Because all I see in this 1313 game is some higher end particle effects (as mentioned in brads interview curtesey of ILM, the smoke in particular was nice), a bit of cloth simulation and some mild shader/lighting improvements over the best looking games I've played to date on pc. Impressive to a degree yes but its not the sort of thing I would go buy a PS4 for, especially if on top of all this its just another cover shooter with climbing mechanics.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By WickedFather
    @Beaudacious said:

Gears of War 5 : Star Wars Texture Pack

Or Nathan Goes to Space.  The video was boring.
    falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By falling_fast

@Lazyaza said:

@doobie: You and several others seem to be taking the "negative" comments people have been leaving about this video too literally. We're not saying this game DOESN'T look better than Witcher 2 etc, what we're saying is the leap that has many people mind boggled isn't as pronounced to us because of games like Witcher 2 etc. I don't understand how this is being misinterpreted so much. We're not being jaded or cynical and if you truly believe this game looks lightyears ahead of the existing games mentioned then you've really got a funny way of assessing what you see when you play these games.

Because all I see in this 1313 game is some higher end particle effects (as mentioned in brads interview curtesey of ILM, the smoke in particular was nice), a bit of cloth simulation and some mild shader/lighting improvements over the best looking games I've played to date on pc. Impressive to a degree yes but its not the sort of thing I would go buy a PS4 for, especially if on top of all this its just another cover shooter with climbing mechanics.

pretty much, yeah

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143  Edited By haggis

I can't remember the last time I was excited by a Star Wars game. KotoR2, probably. I love the idea of there being no Jedi--been there, done that. This game looks like just what I want to play. Too bad my PC sucks and probably can't run it. :/

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ExplodeMode

We are finally getting back to that old school Star Wars look. I'm not even some huge fan and I feel relieved.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By doobie

@Lazyaza said:

well i have the witcher 2 as i say maxed out with uber sampling and i don't think it looks anywhere near as good as that.

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Curufinwe

@BlatantNinja23 said:

it always amazed me when people claimed that DX 11 and the new console cycle wouldn't be a huge improvement.. Star Wars 1313 alone proves that wrong, and it's early for all of that. So if this is where it begins, I can't wait to see where it ends. It's too bad though that the PC version ends up just being a port, otherwise this is where a lot of the PC games would be at.

There has been a lot of that talk in the last few years from short-sighted gaming and tech journalists, not to mention message board morons.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#147  Edited By ocdog45

I saw this and was like WTF! PC is the way to go if you want a good looking game.

Tolkienfanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Tolkienfanatic

Mentioning the heyday of Star Wars games without Rogue Squadron? For shame.

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By eloj

Looks nice, but not blown away. Any PC with a post Wolfsdale CPU and a current-gen graphics card can do that today (and probably did in that video).

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By crcruz3

@vinsanityv22 said:

I don't understand how you can be so dumb. Yes, the game is sharp-looking. And sure, all of ILM's custom renders and their attention to detail is quite eye-popping. But implying it can't run on current gen hardware is beyond shortsighted. For fuck's sake, you're RIGHT NEXT to games like Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. Putting it on cutting edge PC hardware may keep the game's resolution very high and keep it from screen-tearing, but this is TOTALLY DOABLE on modern hardware still, Brad. Fuck. This has been the no.1 most annoying thing the internet has said at E3 all year. Dumb fucker journalists kept saying the same thing about Ubi Soft's new IP, Watch Dogs, until they just came out and said, "It's for PC, 360 and PS3 people".

It's running on Unreal Engine 3, even. Their custom engine for Force Unleashed was probably more taxing to the 360.

Indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.