How many Steam games did you buy before you felt disgusted...

• 83 results
#1 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

...with yourself? Curse you, character limit!

I don't know why, but once Steam said I owned about 120 games, I thought "Oh god, this has gotten out of hand, I feel sorta gross. Maybe I'll finish playing all of these games when I'm 40." Though sometimes I feel a bit better about myself when I see somebody else who owns like 600 Steam games.

Do you have a point where you took a good hard look at your list of Steam games, mumbling "Oh god, what have I done?" Or do you feel no shame at your enormous digital library of games that you likely can't possibly have the time to play?

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Never enough.

#3 Posted by WEB_War4 (111 posts) -

Maybe When it was around 98, with 2 or 3 games finished.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I own 32 Steam games and I don't regret a single one.

#5 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

I have 180 something...I am good for awhile.

#6 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Well, I have 125 games and I really only use it to play CS (which I hardly play anymore), it did take me almost 9 years to get to that amount though. Since most of these games have gone unplayed, I guess I should feel disgusted.

#7 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

I own less then 10 so i'm not ashamed for having too many but for having too few!

#8 Posted by MoltenBoron (89 posts) -

I own about 75 games and haven't played most of them. So sometimes I do feel like it was a big waste.

#9 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I never BOUGHT a Steam game.

#10 Posted by toolus (119 posts) -

You can never own enough steam games.

#11 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

130 and still counting. No regrets.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

Same here, except my library is still overwhelming me.

#13 Posted by Dalai (7047 posts) -

Probably when I hit 100. It didn't stop me from buying games, but what I have bought lately has been dirt cheap. The last game on Steam I paid full price for was Portal 2 nearly a year ago.

#14 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot said:

Same here, except my library is still overwhelming me.

OH YEAH!? WELL, I HAVE TWO GAMES! Two. That's... Kinda sad actually.
#15 Posted by CornBREDX (5646 posts) -

I felt like I was kinda weird when I had over 300 physical copies of games. The games I have on steam were long after that (I have around 150 or something on steam). 

Seriously I have so many games I started putting games I don't like, or don't intend to ever play again in the closet. I cant sell em 'cus that feels weird to me, but I don't know what I want to do with them yet. Maybe I'll give em away or something. 

And to be clear, these aren't necessarily "bad" games. I have a soft spot for things that are bad if I can get something out of it. These are games I just don't like (to be fair, though, some are really bad like Driv3r for PS2 is in there for example) and have no intent on playing ever again. 

Anyway, ya... I have a lot of games in general. The ones I got on steam were so cheap I might as well have gotten them free. People always see how many I have on steam, though, and are like "Damn, dude, why you got so many games" haha. Oh then I have to show them all the physical copy games I have...

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

I have around 40. That means I am twenty times the Steam Master.

#17 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

150 games, no regrets.

#18 Posted by Panpipe (475 posts) -

It's a vicious thing.

I feel guilty every time I look at my list of 80 odd games. That puts me off actually wanting to even look at them.

My guilt at not playing them is part of the reason I'm not playing them.

#19 Posted by 49th (2788 posts) -

I have 141 Steam games, I have no idea how though, I have barely bought any myself. Most are probably from the Humble Indie Bundles and I also got the complete Valve pack for free.

#20 Posted by Mento (2699 posts) -

I have over 130. No idea how it got that crazy, but I imagine those Indie Bundles pile up after a while. There's also cases like buying the whole Sam & Max saga for a sawbuck in a recent sale, which is technically ~15 separate games according to Steam.

The only thing I feel disgusted at myself about is that I haven't got around to playing games that were gifted to me for one reason or another, and deserve (well, perhaps "deserve" is a bit too threatening a connotation in this case) a comic blog from me to reward (again, maybe not the right word) those kind people for their largesse. I'll get around to it when games like The Last Story and Mass Effect 3 aren't getting released every week, honest.

#21 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@Dalai said:

The last game on Steam I paid full price for was Portal 2 nearly a year ago.

Same. My backlog is big enough that I am in no hurry to buy ANY game at full price. Portal 2 I preordered on Steam (so it was 10% off $50 USD), and that is the most I have ever paid for any Steam game. It was worth it to avoid spoilers. I didn't get a chance to finish it until like a week after it came out, but that was still soon enough that I didn't have to deal with the SPAAAAAACE, life gives you lemons, and "I'm a potato" memes

#22 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot:

I have around 40. That means I am twenty times the Steam Master.

Wait... So that means i'm the Steam Master and you're Twenty times me? wat.
#23 Posted by Murtaug (309 posts) -

Just shy of four hundred, have not bought any thing in some time though.

#24 Posted by TheHT (11549 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Never enough.
#25 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6315 posts) -

I'm a little horrified that I have 240 of them, but to be fair to myself, I buy up a lot of episodic adventure games that count as multiple games. With the exception of Jagged Alliance: BIA, I also never buy games unless they're steeply discounted or in packs, so I wind up with a lot of indie games I've bought for a buck.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

You clearly do not understand Lunar Mathematics.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15029 posts) -

Just about every purchase. Doesn't stop me from buying more. OH GOD THIS GAME IS CHEAP IMMA BUY IT! When am I gonna play it? WHO KNOWS!

#28 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1192 posts) -

750 games.

Ask me again once I hit 1000.

#29 Posted by wemibelec90 (1756 posts) -

229 here. Less disgusted with myself and more amazed that the number built up so quickly. I'm a sucker for Steam sales, particularly those bundle deals, so that's probably where most of them came from.

The sad part is I have scrolled through the list and been bummed that I can't find a game to play...

#30 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
#31 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

It's because i'm from Hell.

Is that what you call Howard Philips' garage?

#32 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot said:

It's because i'm from Hell.

Is that what you call Howard Philips' garage?

It's not his garage, it's his TRASH CAN! Geez...
#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

Do you understand your birth?

#34 Posted by FritzDude (2269 posts) -

Does over 100 Xbox 360 games count? Because I only got a couple of Steam games in my bibliotheca, and only one that has been purchased directly through Steam digitally. I don't feel disgusted owning many games in general and I'm sure I would not feel disgusted having many games on Steam either.

#35 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot:

Do you understand your birth?

No.
#36 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Not disgusted with how many I own, more how many I haven't played. I have 118 games on steam that I haven't loaded up once.

Add the 50+ games I have for the Xbox 360 and PS3 that are still sealed and yeah, I'm maybe a little ashamed of that.

#37 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

I have a little bit over 180 games and I probably just finished 12 of them. so yeah, i feel disgusted for the quantity of games that I haven't played yet (and good ones too).

#38 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Too many...

#39 Edited by LeeroyPinkerton (64 posts) -

I own 154 (give or take a few for being mods or free) Steam games, I don't even want to think about how many I haven't beaten yet.

#40 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

I brought around 60 before I decided enough was enough and that I should play them along with the tons of games on other platforms that I haven't completed.

#41 Posted by FateOfNever (1850 posts) -

I haven't reached that limit yet, so uh.. I'll let you know when I get there, I guess?

#42 Posted by Seedofpower (3941 posts) -

I got over 300, I feel alright. I've played most of them and the ones that i have not came with a bundle where one game's value out set the rest of them.

#43 Edited by JamesJeux007 (481 posts) -

Well, the worst part is not owning games (I "own" 144, but the way Steam gets that number is kinda stupid), it's going through the entire list and not finding a game I actually want to play at that moment.

#44 Posted by jakkblades (404 posts) -

Only one, Silent Hunter 3.

#45 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

I have about 25 games, and while there are already a couple of games on there I'll probably never get around to playing (either again, or at all) I don't feel particualry bad about owning any of them.

So long as I keep to the things I'm actually interested in playing the moment I buy it, I don't see that happening any time soon either. But then again, who knows? Let us all remain vigilant in keeping our Steam purchases moderate.

#46 Edited by GS_Dan (1405 posts) -

I felt bad so I'm actually going through them. I know, stupid right?

Been playing some Dawn of War: Dark Crusade recently.

EDIT: And I only have 75. Thought that I had more than that- feels good man

#47 Posted by Giefcookie (608 posts) -

After the first big Steam sale.

1st world problems at their finest. Getting confused by too many choices.

#48 Posted by Scrawnto (2460 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

229 here. Less disgusted with myself and more amazed that the number built up so quickly. I'm a sucker for Steam sales, particularly those bundle deals, so that's probably where most of them came from.

The sad part is I have scrolled through the list and been bummed that I can't find a game to play...

That's right about where I am, and about how I feel too. It is pretty weird that a person can have that many games and not feel like playing any of them, but I've definitely been there.

#49 Posted by HarlechQuinn (450 posts) -

173 games on Steam... At least they are not taking space away like the few hundred boxed versions from various console generations in my living room. But no regrets at all, as this is probably my only guilty pleasure...

#50 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

None. I buy what I'm going to play for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.