Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

I dont think there is anything wrong with quitting a ranked match

• 93 results
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kratos81

I dont think its right to quit just because you suck and are getting your ass kicked but if you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over. Fuck it I will quit. People that spam with Zangief, fuck you, I wont waste my time, what fun is that. I will just move on to the next match. Zangief was just a example, but he seems to be one of the worst spam characters in the game. I can throw someone over and over if I wanted but that is cheap. I played a match eariler where the guy kept just trying to throw me, so I just thew him the whole match and won, he didnt try it the next round. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus
    Kratos81 said:
    If you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over. Fuck it I will quit.
    If you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over, learn to block and quit whining.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

If you can't counter move spamming, you probably should just quit playing period. Gief is WIDE open when he spams ANYTHING, as is any other character. 

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By C0V3RT

I'd agree with TooWalrus- if it's in the game and not an exploit - its your job not to be in the position to get spammed or whatever you want to call it.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kratos81
    TooWalrus said:
    "If you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same movie over and over, learn to block and quit whining."
    I think I can block, but thanks for the tip. "cheap ass"
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kratos81
    BoG said:
    "If you can't counter move spamming, you probably should just quit playing period. Gief is WIDE open when he spams ANYTHING, as is any other character. "
    I am a good player, but I do seem to have trouble against cheap players.
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By azteris
    Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "If you can't counter move spamming, you probably should just quit playing period. Gief is WIDE open when he spams ANYTHING, as is any other character. "
    "
    cheap = anything that works against you that you don't do.

People really should stop saying it.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kratos81
    Azteris said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "
    cheap = anything that works against you that you don't do.People really should stop saying it."
    Cheap is cheap. I really dont care if any one agrees or not. Bottom line is a spamming cheap ass, will be playing someone else but me. 
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TooWalrus said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    If you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over. Fuck it I will quit.
    If you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over, learn to block and quit whining."

Regardless of the validity of your point, there's no need to be so belligerent about it.
    Dewmocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dewmocracy
    Kratos81 said:
    "I dont think its right to quit just because you suck and are getting your ass kicked.
    LOL! DUDE! That's exactly what you do! You can't avoid simple move spammers and get your ass kicked! You SUCK at street fighter! And then you quit!
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJOR64

Stop playing as Dan and play as someone good.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

lol fighting games
    lolololololololololol

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iamjohn

It's only "cheap" because you can't beat it.  This is the exact same argument as how throwing is cheap.  Well hey guess what - if you're dumb enough to get too close to me or jump at me while I'm in the air, no shit I'm going to fucking throw you.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Azteris said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "
    cheap = anything that works against you that you don't do.People really should stop saying it."

So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty? I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with. Kevlar does not beat .50 bullet in rock, paper, scissors.

Sometimes, cheap can be a legitimate term for something that is unfair.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iamjohn
    BiggerBomb said:
    "So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty? I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with. Kevlar does not beat .50 bullet in rock, paper, scissors.Sometimes, cheap can be a legitimate term for something that is unfair."
    Wouldn't be a problem if you didn't suck at headshots.  ZING! :|
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
    iAmJohn said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty? I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with. Kevlar does not beat .50 bullet in rock, paper, scissors.Sometimes, cheap can be a legitimate term for something that is unfair."
    Wouldn't be a problem if you didn't suck at headshots.  ZING! :|
    "

Touche, salesman.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus
    BiggerBomb said:
    So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty?
    Absolutely. I also love Martyrdom. BACK AWAY FROM THE CORPSE, YOU DIPSHIT!! +20 for me.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TooWalrus said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty?
    Absolutely. I also love Martyrdom. BACK AWAY FROM THE CORPSE!! +20 for me."

Not to derail the topic, but there is a correlation between the two discussions; so there is some relevance:

You shouldn't be rewarded for getting killed.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By PureRok
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Azteris said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "
    So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty? I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with. Kevlar does not beat .50 bullet in rock, paper, scissors.Sometimes, cheap can be a legitimate term for something that is unfair."
    Go play Hardcore mode and stop being a pansy! If you don't play Hardcore mode you're just asking for bullshit when it comes to health.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb
    PureRok said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Azteris said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "
    So by that logic, do you think Juggernaut is a fair perk in Call of Duty? I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with. Kevlar does not beat .50 bullet in rock, paper, scissors.Sometimes, cheap can be a legitimate term for something that is unfair."
    Go play Hardcore mode and stop being a pansy! If you don't play Hardcore mode you're just asking for bullshit when it comes to health."

I do play Hardcore mode, dickhead.
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Termite
    Kratos81 said:
    "BoG said:
    "
    Well Kratos, I'm sorry to say this, but obviously you aren't if you can't handle some move spammers.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kratos81

You guys are right, I SUCK! I have 2500 battle points but I dont know how to play the game. I guess my problem is that I dont play that way and neither do my friends. I could learn a new way of playing to counter it but why bother, its one match and the next guy usually dosent play that way. Its every once and a while. I understand its part of the game but its still fucking cheap as in 90% of the people I have played online dont play like that. All of you defending it, are either cheap as well, or think you are a SF god. Yes I can learn to counter it, it dosent change the fact. My point was, why bother playing a player like that. I love it how I automatically suck because I bring this up. Carry on SF gods. Btw I have been playing since the original SF2 days, and against everyone I know in real life, have always been one of the best players. I guess everyone I have ever known around here sucks as well.

Edit: I know 2500 BP dosent make me badass, but should show that I am not a noob either.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By toowalrus
    Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK!
    K, thx.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamjohn
    Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK! I have 2500 battle points but I dont know how to play the game. I guess my problem is that I dont play that way and neither do my friends. I could learn a new way of playing to counter it but why bother, its one match and the next guy usually dosent play that way. Its every once and a while. I understand its part of the game but its still fucking cheap as in 90% of the people I have played online dont play like that. All of you defending it, are either cheap as well, or think you are a SF god. Yes I can learn to counter it, it dosent change the fact. My point was, why bother playing a player like that. I love it how I automatically suck because I bring this up. Carry on SF gods. Btw I have been playing since the original SF2 days, and against everyone I know in real life, have always been one of the best players. I guess everyone I have ever known around here sucks as well."
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_Tough_Guy
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Diamond

I don't think quitting is ever really excusable unless your opponent is really exploiting the system or griefing.  Often times I'll dominate a first person shooter, and people will quit out before the round is up.  I understand you're butthurt that I'm beating you so bad, but just suck it up.  I was even playing against some people whose skill I respected, until I got so far ahead and they quit.

9mmfistcuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 9mmfistcuffs

I only quit if the lag is absolutely unbearable... otherwise if you ain't willing to lose, don't play in ranked. Now getting people to play someone OTHER than the shoto's and Sagat, that will take a miracle. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Diamond

On NeoGAF they'd call this a meltdown.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iamjohn
    Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "I don't think quitting is ever really excusable unless your opponent is really exploiting the system or griefing.  Often times I'll dominate a first person shooter, and people will quit out before the round is up.  I understand you're butthurt that I'm beating you so bad, but just suck it up.  I was even playing against some people whose skill I respected, until I got so far ahead and they quit."
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_Tough_Guy
    "
    Except when I do it it's funny because you're acting like a baby and trying to show off to people by cursing them out and talking about how awesome you are at the game except when people are "cheap."  You're just using it to deflect that you're coming off as a serious douche nozzle in your posts.

Diamond said:
    "On NeoGAF they'd call this a meltdown."

Oh I'm fully acquainted with those, as I'm usually the one melting down and getting banned! :D
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By fr0br0

I don't think there is anything wrong with being an idiot with the game. I mean, some people just don't catch on just as quick and learn how to predict a move being used over and over again...

I feel bad whenever I choose Dan and beat somebody in a ranked match without loosing any health because I don't think I deserve those points. So whenever I am about to earn a perfect game I quit because it is so unfair against those more idiotic and slow players...

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kratos81
    Diamond said:
    Do they, how is this a melt down? Any time some one makes a topic on this board, they have to defend themselves and the issue always gets blown up more then it should be. This is a forum full of dicks so, I expect nothing less.  
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    Kratos81 said:
    "I dont think its right to quit just because you suck and are getting your ass kicked"
    So you only quit when you're winning the match huh?

Kratos81
    said:
    " I played a match eariler where the guy kept just trying to throw me,"
    Are you talking about his command throw, cause that's pretty legit to throw out over and over. Even if someone is trying to throw you over and over, if you're letting them throw you, then why should they stop?  Serioussly, quitting out of an online game is a good way to get bad rep and have your gamertag posted online as a quitter. I can't wait till the update comes out that tracks how many times people quit. Then all these pussies will be complaining that they can't find a match because nobody wants to fignt somebody like that.

BiggerBomb said:
    "I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with."
    Welcome to the world of video games. Recharging health isn't that realistic either. If you want ultimate realisiam then maybe you should go join the army.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fr0br0
    Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    Do they, how is this a melt down? Any time some one makes a topic on this board, they have to defend themselves and the issue always gets blow up more then it should be. This is a forum full of dicks so, I expect nothing less.  
    "
    Giant Bomb...
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iamjohn
    Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    Do they, how is this a melt down? Any time some one makes a topic on this board, they have to defend themselves and the issue always gets blow up more then it should be. This is a forum full of dicks so, I expect nothing less.  
    "
    These people you're talking about only have to defend themselves when they make themselves look like serious asshats.  So hey, take solace in knowing that you're in good company with Dr_Cash, I guess. :\
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By toowalrus
    Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "
    There are some dicks here, but (almost) everyone who's posted in this thread is a levelheaded person who knows the difference between someone with something legit to say, and someone who just sucks at a game and cries about it. A quitter. Those people should have to defend themselves.

If you can come up with a good argument besides "Those cheaters are cheap" then maybe I'll join your side.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Alex_Murphy said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "I think that hitting someone in the upper torso/neck with a .50 rifle should kill them regardless of whatever they are equipped with."
    Welcome to the world of video games. Recharging health isn't that realistic either. If you want ultimate realisiam then maybe you should go join the army."

Realism is one thing, having a fair gaming experience is another.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kratos81
    iAmJohn said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "
    These people you're talking about only have to defend themselves when they make themselves look like serious asshats.  So hey, take solace in knowing that you're in good company with Dr_Cash, I guess. :\
    "
    Please, I have been here awhile and have seen it over and over. Seems to happen to the new posters often, no wonder this place is dead. This is the worst forum I have ever been apart of, which is why I hardly post. "waits to be bashed for this as well"
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fr0br0
    Kratos81 said:
    "Fr0Br0 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "
    Giant Bomb..."
    I edited it just for you. dick
    "
    Lol, just messing with you man. I think you take things too seriously. Like playing SF, don't get pissy and leave when somebody spams a move. Just copy spam your own move to the point where the other person has to change their style or just taunt the rest of the game to make it seem like you don't know what you are doing. Just do some things for a laugh or stay out of ranked matches period. You're trying to have fun with the game right? So stay away from things you don't have fun with.

Or when somebody makes a dick response on the forums (it's probably me) just come back with something witty to say to make them seem like an idiot, but don't let it show that you are upset over something you read on the internet. That is just a big sign that says "pick on me!"
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThePhenomenal1
    Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK! I have 2500 battle points but I dont know how to play the game. I guess my problem is that I dont play that way and neither do my friends. I could learn a new way of playing to counter it but why bother, its one match and the next guy usually dosent play that way. Its every once and a while. I understand its part of the game but its still fucking cheap as in 90% of the people I have played online dont play like that. All of you defending it, are either cheap as well, or think you are a SF god. Yes I can learn to counter it, it dosent change the fact. My point was, why bother playing a player like that. I love it how I automatically suck because I bring this up. Carry on SF gods. Btw I have been playing since the original SF2 days, and against everyone I know in real life, have always been one of the best players. I guess everyone I have ever known around here sucks as well.

Edit: I know 2500 BP dosent make me badass, but should show that I am not a noob either.
    "
    i've seen guys with 5000 bp that don't know how to play. tell me when you get to 10k and how you do @ final round or the evo qualifers.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kratos81
    TooWalrus said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "
    There are some dicks here, but (almost) everyone who's posted in this thread is a levelheaded person who knows the difference between someone with something legit to say, and someone who just sucks at a game and cries about it. A quitter. Those people should have to defend themselves. If you can come up with a good argument besides "Those cheaters are cheap" then maybe I'll join your side."
    Ok I m done, I suck and am a quitter, I dont know how to play SF and dont deserve to hold a controller. Funny thing is I bet I can beat more then half of you that act like you are all high and mighty.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iamjohn
    TooWalrus said:
    "There are some dicks here, but (almost) everyone who's posted in this thread is a levelheaded person who knows the difference between someone with something legit to say, and someone who just sucks at a game and cries about it. A quitter. Those people should have to defend themselves. If you can come up with a good argument besides "Those cheaters are cheap" then maybe I'll join your side."
    Exactly.  Perhaps if you want some support and/or rallying, you should make a smarter argument than "CHEAP PEOPLE FUCKING SUCK!  I'M AWESOME AT THIS GAME BUT I CAN'T BEAT CHEAP PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY'RE SPAMMING ONE MOVE.  THAT SUCKS AND THEY SUCK!  DID I MENTION THAT I'M AWESOME AT THIS GAME?"

To give a constructive example and not just mock you (which I don't think you really deserve), whenever I play MvC2, my friend always has a team with Juggernaut and Cable, and has Cable fire his pistol non-stop while calling in Juggernaut's Y-assist.  Who sucks here: the guy who spams the same tactic all the time, or me who knows exactly how he plays and can only stop him half of the time?

Kratos81 said:
    "Funny thing is I bet I can beat more then half of you that act like you are all high and mighty."
    Dude, you are just ASKING me to keep replying with the link to Encyclopedia Dramatica's "Internet Tough Guy" article.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus
    Kratos81 said:
    I suck and am a quitter, I dont know how to play SF and dont deserve to hold a controller.
    K, thx.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kratos81
    ThePhenomenal1 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "You guys are right, I SUCK! I have 2500 battle points but I dont know how to play the game. I guess my problem is that I dont play that way and neither do my friends. I could learn a new way of playing to counter it but why bother, its one match and the next guy usually dosent play that way. Its every once and a while. I understand its part of the game but its still fucking cheap as in 90% of the people I have played online dont play like that. All of you defending it, are either cheap as well, or think you are a SF god. Yes I can learn to counter it, it dosent change the fact. My point was, why bother playing a player like that. I love it how I automatically suck because I bring this up. Carry on SF gods. Btw I have been playing since the original SF2 days, and against everyone I know in real life, have always been one of the best players. I guess everyone I have ever known around here sucks as well.

"
    i've seen guys with 5000 bp that don't know how to play. tell me when you get to 10k and how you do @ final round or the evo qualifers."
    Please, like thats the average. I never said I was a pro and have never even played anyone with over 4000bp before.  I honestly dont see how anyone could get 5000 bp and suck with out cheating with friends, so I dont believe that.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#43  Edited By ImperiousRix

Dood, I was once a 1900 BP player, but through my own recently shitty playing, I'm down to like 400 now.
    And guess what?  Despite losing a bajillion matches against people I know aren't as good as me, I have NEVER ragequit.
    I know it's my shitty playing, not the play of others, that's lead to my recent slide into SFIV oblivion.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By C0V3RT

Wow, this got real personal real quick...

I think moral of the story is despite what anyone says, you can still quit and justify it however you want.  It seems that most everyone would disgaree with your justification, but don't lose any sleep over it.  You created a topic admitting to doing something that pisses everyone off when it happens to them - I'm not sure what kind of responses you're looking for... it would be like me going to an animal activist site and starting a thread called "I club baby seals" and providing my justification as to why I do it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JJOR64

Lawlz, my first post has a - 3.  It isn't hard to beat a spammer, it just depends on who you play.  If your Ryu/Ken spam back, E.Honda/Blanka try to jump over the fire balls and get in their face.  Practice makes perfect.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Diamond
    JJOR64 said:
    "Lawlz, my first post has a - 3.
    Lots of Dan fans on Giant Bomb, they don't take kindly to you saying he's anything but awesome.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JJOR64
    Diamond said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "Lawlz, my first post has a - 3.
    Lots of Dan fans on Giant Bomb, they don't take kindly to you saying he's anything but awesome."
    I guess.  If you look at tier lists Dan is actually not the worst character.  If I recall there is one that I seen that puts Rose on the bottom.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By REDRUN
    Kratos81 said:
    "I dont think its right to quit just because you suck and are getting your ass kicked but if you are playing against some cheap ass, spamming, doing the same move over and over. Fuck it I will quit. People that spam with Zangief, fuck you, I wont waste my time, what fun is that. I will just move on to the next match. Zangief was just a example, but he seems to be one of the worst spam characters in the game. I can throw someone over and over if I wanted but that is cheap. I played a match eariler where the guy kept just trying to throw me, so I just thew him the whole match and won, he didnt try it the next round. "
    you wouldn't want to play against me, i am the Cheap Fighter IV master. I command throw Zangief all over the ring with Dan. What's your Gamertag, i want those points. :)
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Gambit

Don't do it REDRUN is a beast all the gadoukens flying around every and him screaming like a banshee. I still have nightmares............

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By eclipsesis

Come on guy spamming is the very nature of street fighter its there for a reason and its what give SF4 the retro up to date feel, it wouldn't work if it was combo based like Tekken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.