Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter IV Moves for the iPhone complete!

Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By Funnyman22

I just submitted the new Street Fighter IV Moves application for the iPhone to Apple for approval - if they're average turnaround time is any indication, it should be available Thursday on iTunes. The cost will be $0.99.

Before anyone gets all up-in-arms and rags on the idea of a SFIV Moves App, let me say the following:
    • Don't ask me if I'm aware that the moves are listed in the game, online, in an FAQ, on GiantBomb, on your hand, on your controller, etc. I AM AWARE OF THIS. The app wasn't created because there's nowhere to view characters' moves - it was created so that one of those places can be immediately next to your controller while you play. You're paying for the convenience of the information, not the information itself.
    • Yes, combos are coming. No, I don't know when. It depends on how many people cry out for it.

Here are some screenshots of the app for you to feast your eyes on:

I'll post again when the app gets approved and is live on iTunes... for now I guess I'll just have to play EVEN MORE SFIV!!

P.S. If you want to promote the app somewhere, send me a PM and I'll get you a promo code for a free download to try out!

Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Funnyman22

I just submitted the new Street Fighter IV Moves application for the iPhone to Apple for approval - if they're average turnaround time is any indication, it should be available Thursday on iTunes. The cost will be $0.99.

Before anyone gets all up-in-arms and rags on the idea of a SFIV Moves App, let me say the following:
    • Don't ask me if I'm aware that the moves are listed in the game, online, in an FAQ, on GiantBomb, on your hand, on your controller, etc. I AM AWARE OF THIS. The app wasn't created because there's nowhere to view characters' moves - it was created so that one of those places can be immediately next to your controller while you play. You're paying for the convenience of the information, not the information itself.
    • Yes, combos are coming. No, I don't know when. It depends on how many people cry out for it.

Here are some screenshots of the app for you to feast your eyes on:

I'll post again when the app gets approved and is live on iTunes... for now I guess I'll just have to play EVEN MORE SFIV!!

P.S. If you want to promote the app somewhere, send me a PM and I'll get you a promo code for a free download to try out!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

Kewl, looks like you worked hard on it... I wish ya luck with it!

UPTWONGFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By UPTWONGFX

COOL APP LOOKS DECENT....WISH I HAD AN IPHONE...

UPTWONGFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UPTWONGFX

BLACKBERRY APP???? THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech

This sounds like a fantastic idea. After playing some SFIV, I realized that I needed some brushing up. I will be sure to pay you for this app.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

That looks awsome

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

That's pretty cool.  Now only if I had an iPhone......

Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funnyman22

Thanks for the comments and support!

I've never programmed for the Blackberry before but I'll take a look at what it would take - luckily I stored the moves in an XML format so I should be able to use them on any platform. I'll keep y'all posted with what I find.
    Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funnyman22

Just got the approval email from Apple, but they update their iTunes store DB nightly so it won't show up in searches until tomorrow. For now, you can find it with this handy iTunes link.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'd buy that for a dollar.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Do people honestly pay for something that's available on the internet for free?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#12  Edited By LordAndrew

You're paying for the "convenience", not the actual informaiton.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

Exactly, but even more so, I don't like my mates getting their sweaty hands on my manual.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, but it's just as easy to get a free text doc viewer for iphone, and a gameFAQ's move list, and you've got a move list on your iphone.

Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funnyman22
    MattyFTM said:
    "Yeah, but it's just as easy to get a free text doc viewer for iphone, and a gameFAQ's move list, and you've got a move list on your iphone."

I could go into any of the large number of reasons why the app is better than a text viewer on the iPhone, but I'm not trying to convince you to buy it. Plus, try searching for "text viewer" in the iTunes store and I think you'll be surprised with the results...

I should also add that I thought no one would by my MK vs. DC Moves app, but the purchase count is up somewhere around 700. Sure that's small beans when it comes to "iPhone app success stories", but that means 700 people thought it was a good enough idea to throw down $0.99, which is always good enough for me :)

Happy Street Fighting everyone :-)  If anyone's ever looking for a game on XBL, my tag is Funnyman22.
    Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Icil
    LordAndrew said:
    "You're paying for the "convenience", not the actual informaiton.
    "
    Tons of people don't charge a thing for 'convenience' on the App Store. Some people don't charge a thing for a full-fledged game with graphics.
    Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Funnyman22
    Icil said:
    "LordAndrew said:

Tons of people don't charge a thing for 'convenience' on the App Store. Some people don't charge a thing for a full-fledged game with graphics.
    1. Tons of people do charge for convenience on the App Store as well. From my standpoint those are the smarter people...
    2. Most iPhone app companies are COMPANIES that can spend time and money developing ads into their apps or figure out another way to recoup their time spent programming the app. As I have a day job, I have no such luxury.
    Speaking of work, I've been spending far too much time on this forum today... time to forget about it for a while. Thanks again for all the feedbackz
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By End_Boss
    Icil said:
    "Tons of people don't charge a thing for 'convenience' on the App Store. Some people don't charge a thing for a full-fledged game with graphics."
    Why you gotta' be a such a dick? The man's not forcing you to buy it, and it looks like he put a lot of time into polishing the interface and move list. Sure that's not worth the change in your couch?

That being said, I thought you weren't allowed to do any commercial advertising on GB. Mod clarification?
    Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Funnyman22
    End_Boss said:
    That being said, I thought you weren't allowed to do any commercial advertising on GB. Mod clarification?

Oops... I didn't know that. I'll probably be banned by morrow's eve :(

In my defense, I wasn't try to market the app here, only provide the info to other interested SF4 players.... but I don't want to break any rules here - GB is too freakin' sweet.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Systech
    Funnyman22 said:
    "End_Boss said:

Oops... I didn't know that. I'll probably be banned by morrow's eve :(

In my defense, I wasn't try to market the app here, only provide the info to other interested SF4 players.... but I don't want to break any rules here - GB is too freakin' sweet.
    "
    Don't worry. I'm sure it won't be a problem.
    ms3boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ms3boy

So what happened, was your app removed?

"The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store."

MCXCI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By MCXCI

You're a fucking crook. 

Your iPhone app is in no way more convenient then the manual or a print-out. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb

Guys, I think you're being a bit harsh on him. If you don't want the app, don't buy it. Like he said, you are paying for conveniance. If you don't think that's worth it, then don't buy it y'know. He seems like a pretty genuine guy so stop bitching.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al3xand3r

Is it even legal to sell this, it includes images that belong to CAPCOM. Just asking. Also, you guys could just print the moves list. Just saying.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By NateDogg

Good job. It makes me wish that i had an Iphone that wasn't unlocked so that I could actually use the apple store rather than the shady custom stuff..

but from what I read of what you are trying to do, it sounds great.  I think when you get the combos for each char listed in there it will be nearly complete.. depending how hardcore you wanna go with it.. :) 

Have you thought about adding character matchups as well? You can really go all out with this if you want.. :)  
    I would guarantee I'd buy the app if you had all of that in it! (That is if I ever get off of this unlocked Iphone)

Good work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.