Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Tekken vs Street Fighter

• 159 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Well one of those is a 3DS game and no one cares about hand held fighting games.  The two versions are still one game even if they control differently. No one will care about 3rd strike with all these other actually new fighting games. Finally all these games are not coming out tomorrow. Besides blazblue, It's going to be a very long time before you'll be able to play any of these. "
    All of your arguments are really stupid except for the bolded one, which still doesn't mean much.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#102  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @AgentJ said:

" @trophyhunter: It's a shame that you say no one cares about handheld fighting games, because thats what the PSP does best. Soul Calibur, Tekken, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear and the like.  "
    I didn't say they were bad, I just said no one cares about them.  probably because they are dumbed down console versions. "
    You really are a piece of work. "
    Ok what would you call a game that Does not look as good as the console version Does not play as well as the console version. and has half the features of the console version What would you call that my friend?  Because I would call that a dumbed down version or a crappy version. "
    Riiiiiiight.  Maybe you should read what C2C wrote.  Here, I'll even quote him for you.

@C2C said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @trophyhunter: It's a shame that you say no one cares about handheld fighting games, because thats what the PSP does best. Soul Calibur, Tekken, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear and the like.  "
    I didn't say they were bad, I just said no one cares about them.  probably because they are dumbed down console versions. "
    Ironically the PSP versions of Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalkers, and Guilty Gear have more features than their console counter-part :P   "
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By BraveToaster

Holy shit.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Ace829 said:
    " @FluxWaveZ:  I think both games may come as one. I'm speculating that it could be two discs (one for SF-style and one for Tekken-style), and it'll be in one game case. Although it doesn't make much sense business-wise. Sine it's two games for the price of one. Then again look at The Orange Box. "
    That's crazy and you're crazy for thinking that. :P  This is Capcom we're talking about, they'll do whatever they can to suck as much money from us as possible without ruining their image too badly.
    vaultdweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By Ace829
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Ace829 said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " Why would anyone buy the Tekken version? "
    Because Tekken fans exist maybe? "
    You see how well the last game sold? This is practically charity on Capcom's part. "
    2.5 million copies isn't bad at all. Plus the new publicity with this game will raise their popularity to an all-time high.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By C2C
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Ace829 said:
    " @FluxWaveZ:  I think both games may come as one. I'm speculating that it could be two discs (one for SF-style and one for Tekken-style), and it'll be in one game case. Although it doesn't make much sense business-wise. Sine it's two games for the price of one. Then again look at The Orange Box. "
    That's crazy and you're crazy for thinking that. :P  This is Namco we're talking about, they'll do whatever they can to suck as much money from us as possible without ruining their image too badly. "
    Fixed :P
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Pessh

I don't get it. Why flood the fighting game market with 2 games, dilute your SF property, quasi-endorse a 3d fighting franchise and compete with your own versus series, when you could've just made a badass new darkstalkers game instead.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By Ace829
    @C2C said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Ace829 said:
    That's crazy and you're crazy for thinking that. :P  This is Capcom & Namco we're talking about, they'll do whatever they can to suck as much money from us as possible without ruining their image too badly. "
    Fixed :P "
    lol double fixed?
    I do see what you mean. Also, since the Capcom developed game is much further into progress than the Namco one. The possibility of both games being seperate releases is pretty high as well.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By trophyhunter

I can't believe what assholes you people are because I said
     "The fighting game genre is NOT over saturated"
    I guess  Hailinel  gets a pass because he's always a bitch, but still geeze.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By zombie2011

So this is like the 5th Street Fighter game in the past 2 years? 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Hailinel
    @Pessh said:
    " I don't get it. Why flood the fighting game market with 2 games, dilute your SF property, quasi-endorse a 3d fighting franchise and compete with your own versus series, when you could've just made a badass new darkstalkers game instead. "
    A similar strategy didn't exactly hurt the Capcom vs. SNK series.  Also, this style of crossover game isn't the hyper-combo driven Scoops Hagen-Daz Mango Sentinel absurdity that defines the MvC titles.  They play to different audiences.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By BraveToaster
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#114  Edited By ryanwho

Also, pretty sure they're making Darkstalkers in addition to this. Darkstalkers vs Soul Calibur that is. 
    j/k 
    Ug, can you imagine?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Pessh said:
    " I don't get it. Why flood the fighting game market with 2 games, dilute your SF property, quasi-endorse a 3d fighting franchise and compete with your own versus series, when you could've just made a badass new darkstalkers game instead. "
    Dilute the SF property?  Dude, that's practically impossible unless it's a bad game.  For the numbers of different versions and re-releases they've done of all of their games in the past, it's pretty hard to dilute that series.  I don't think it will compete with MvC3 as I predict that the earlier game of the two that were announced will release in late 2011–early 2012. 

Darkstalkers would have been cool, though.  Here, I'd normally say "Maybe we'll hear more about it at TGS", but I hope we don't hear about any new Darkstalkers for a while as the number of fighting games is getting pretty high.  Especially when a whole bunch is being developed by Capcom already.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ryanwho
    @FluxWaveZ: I think what he's saying is having Namco make a game the way they make games (cheaply, poorly balanced, gimmick riddled) using SF characters could dilute the franchise not unlike Street Fighter EX.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#117  Edited By KingBroly
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @ryanwho said:
    " @FluxWaveZ: I think what he's saying is having Namco make a game the way they make games (cheaply, poorly balanced, gimmick riddled) using SF characters could dilute the franchise not unlike Street Fighter EX. "
    Oh right, that other company...  Well, yeah.  I could see that being pretty bad if it wasn't good.  But I doubt they'll screw a title of this importance that badly, at least I hope they won't.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#119  Edited By Yummylee
    @ryanwho said:
    " Also, pretty sure they're making Darkstalkers in addition to this. Darkstalkers vs Soul Calibur that is. j/k Ug, can you imagine? "
    lol or maybe Darkstalkers vs DOA =O
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " I can't believe what assholes you people are because I said
    I guess  Hailinel  gets a pass because he's always a bitch, but still geeze. "
    If you think that particular piece of commentary is why people are taking issue with your argument, you're sadly mistaken.
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By thegoldencat7

No Caption Provided
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By C2C
    @ryanwho said:
    " @FluxWaveZ: I think what he's saying is having Namco make a game the way they make games (cheaply, poorly balanced, gimmick riddled) using SF characters could dilute the franchise not unlike Street Fighter EX. "
    To be fair, Namco seems to handle the Tekken series fine.  As long as they don't force in a campaign mode like they did with Tekken 6, Tekken X SF should be fine. 

Oh god, why would it not surprise me if Namco did put a campaign mode in TxSF? :(
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @zombie2011 said:
    " So this is like the 5th Street Fighter game in the past 2 years?  "
    1. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    2. Street Fighter IV
    3. Super Street Fighter IV

Not quite.  If you count MvC2 on PSN/XBLA and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, that's 5, but they don't count at all.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ryanwho
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    Oh right, that other company...  Well, yeah.  I could see that being pretty bad if it wasn't good.  But I doubt they'll screw a title of this importance that badly, at least I hope they won't. "
    I imagine there's some kind of oversight. I imagine Namco will be like "guys we'd love to include the following none-SF Capcom big boobed women in our game plz" one day and Capcom will be like "huh, we should look into what they're doing over there maybe".
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    If you think that particular piece of commentary is why people are taking issue with your argument, you're sadly mistaken. "
    Oh that's right you like bad versions of good games. I'm sorry you have bad taste.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By zombie2011
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " So this is like the 5th Street Fighter game in the past 2 years?  "
    1. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    2. Street Fighter IV
    3. Super Street Fighter IV

Not quite.  If you count MvC2 on PSN/XBLA and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, that's 5, but they don't count at all.
    "
    What i meant to say was Fighting games starring Street Fighter characters so.. 

Those 5 you mentioned now MVC3 and SFvsTekken.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    If you think that particular piece of commentary is why people are taking issue with your argument, you're sadly mistaken. "
    Oh that's right you like bad versions of good games. I'm sorry you have bad taste. "
    Don't worry about it.  You'll stop being a teenager eventually.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Oh that's right you like bad versions of good games. I'm sorry you have bad taste. "
    Don't worry about it.  You'll stop being a teenager eventually. "
    Oh yeah, because your sooo mature.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By C2C
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    To be fair, it never is in good taste to call people Assholes and Bitches when trying to debate your point.  You also like to call certain games inferior when in reality they are superior to their console ports. 

Face it kid, you just can't win this thread : (
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By jaycee13

I'm more exited for 3rd strike than Streetfighter x Tekken. I hope they dont touch the gameplay much, would like to see an hd remix type thing though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel:@C2C:@trophyhunter: 

Guys, guys, stop arguing, use the PM feature for bashing eachother. 

I dont want to see that stuff....i dont think anyone wants too

just saying.....
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By trophyhunter
    @C2C said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    To be fair, it never is in good taste to call people Assholes and Bitches when trying to debate your point.  You also like to call certain games inferior when in reality they are superior to their console ports.  Face it kid, you just can't win this thread : ( "
    Don't call me kid, I'm older than you.
     Not all of the handheld ones are better a lot of them are worse and if you like doing any street fighter moves on the psp d-pad you are crazy. Your new here Disagree with hailnel sometime and you'll see.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By C2C
    @trophyhunter: Sorry about the kid comment :P Let's take this to our walls or PMs since we are cluttering the thread.   

Back on topic: As long as most of the Mishima family is in, I'm pretty stoked for this game 
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Baillie

Wow. @trophyhunter: Chill out. I'm older than you!

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By apoptosis61

street fighters wil own the tekken faggots!!!!!!!

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136  Edited By CSXLoser
    @VaultDweller said:
    "

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596 "
    omfg  uf,4,4,4,4   b3143             EWGF              FUCKING HELLSWEEP    FUCKING WAVEDASHING!

Capcom is handling the tekken characters perfectly (well Kazuya at least :P  ) 

I love how Kazuya's throws are more exagerrated from its tekken counterpart :D 

and I hope not all the Tekken characters' ultras will just be their Unblockables >.>
    zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#137  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

This is pretty good.

Hype has been got.

" @VaultDweller said:

"

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596 "

That gameplay clip is effing insane. At one point I got out of my chair, I don't even really know why at this point. Maybe it's everybody hollering in the background that's doing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZanzibarBreeze:  I joked to my friend that we would see SF vs Tekken  in the near future, never really believing it would be true.

He has always been a major tekken fan (also liking SF, but he is mostly a tekken guy). He always joked that he would kick my Dudley with his Steve.

Cant wait to prove him wrong.

Also

Ryu vs Kazuya
    Fei Long vs Law
    Adon/Sagat vs Bruce
    Chun Li vs Xiaoyu
    Sakura vs Asuka
    Honda vs Ganryu
    Elena vs Eddy/Christie
    Balrog vs Steve
    Dudley vs Roger Jr.
    Abel vs Marduk
    Julia vs T-Hawk
    El Fuerte vs King
    Rufus vs Bob
    Zangief vs Kuma
    Ken vs Paul
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ryanwho

Blanka vs one of those fighting bears.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#140  Edited By defaulttag

so THIS was the big announcement? i really wanted a new Darkstalkers. however, this has still got me excited.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Hailinel
    @Jethuty:   You forgot Juri vs. Hwoarang/Baek.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @ryanwho said:
    " Blanka vs one of those fighting bears. "
    Here's a tip. It's probably not too smart to rip into a game you obviously know fuck all about.
    zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#143  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
    @Jethuty said:
    " @ZanzibarBreeze:  I joked to my friend that we would see SF vs Tekken  in the near future, never really believing it would be true.  He has always been a major tekken fan (also liking SF, but he is mostly a tekken guy). He always joked that he would kick my Dudley with his Steve.  Cant wait to prove him wrong.   Also   Ryu vs KazuyaFei Long vs LawAdon/Sagat vs BruceChun Li vs XiaoyuSakura vs AsukaHonda vs GanryuElena vs Eddy/ChristieBalrog vs SteveDudley vs Roger Jr.Abel vs MardukJulia vs T-HawkEl Fuerte vs KingRufus vs BobZangief vs KumaKen vs Paul "

I am disappointed by the fact that there is no Jin or Lei on that list.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By C2C

I Wonder who they would put as a final bosses.   

Seth & Ogre would be cool since both take techniques from their respective cast.  Though Seth as a boss would feel as a cop out at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophyhunter said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @AgentJ said:

Ok what would you call a game that Does not look as good as the console version Does not play as well as the console version. and has half the features of the console version What would you call that my friend?  Because I would call that a dumbed down version or a crappy version. "
    its a fucking handheld, what the fuck would you exspect?

Darkstalkers and Street fighter alpha 3 are awesome, and even a "dumbed" down version of those are awesome.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Jethuty said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @AgentJ said:

its a fucking handheld, what the fuck would you exspect?  Darkstalkers and Street fighter alpha 3 are awesome, and even a "dumbed" down version of those are awesome. "

That's my point exactly. No one expects much for a handheld, thus no one cares about the handheld version. especially when the is a console version that looks, feels and tastes better. I never said they were bad just not as good as the console version.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Alexander

So with SF X Tekken you're essentially getting SFIV with new character models and movesets?

More interested to see what Tekken X SF will look like.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By PhilESkyline

The best I could find right now... 

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By jaycee13
    @PhilESkyline said:

" The best I could find right now... 

"
    Oh cool, Ryu got his kick special move from SfIII back.
    PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By PhilESkyline

Correction...this is the best I've seen. Directly from the comic con show. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.