Official Nintendo Magazine, has strongly hinted upon a third playable character within it's awesome 10 page review of Super Mario Galaxy 2:
- Galaxy 2 takes place in an alternative reality, where the events of the first game haven't taken place - Mario and the Luma's have never met.
- Mario helps out a big Luma who owns the new Spaceship Mario - he needs power stars to fuel the ship.
- Peach has gone walkies...with Bowser.
- There'll be 40+ galaxies to explore.
- Springo Mario only makes 2 appearances.
- Luigi becomes playable once you earn around 20 stars.
- Another character is strongly hinted at once you've topped the 120 star mark.
- A monkey called "The Chimp" introduces mini-games.
- Many references to classic Mario with a good amount of ingenious 2D sections.
Who do you think it is?