Purchased Super Meat Boy, played two levels, uninstalled

• 90 results
#1 Posted by DriveupLife (913 posts) -

God damn it giant bomb. I told you I wouldn't like this game and I bought it anyway! Your advice is to compelling and at less than 4 dollars, I gave in....

oh well.

#2 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Yeah, that's why I don't want to buy the game either... I have the feeling that I will play it for an hour and never touch it ever again...

#3 Posted by Sammo21 (3255 posts) -
@DriveupLife:  Buyer beware?  I bought it as well, but mostly in an effort to at least support the developer somehow.  I have it on 360 and wasnt planning on ponying up for the PC version as well until today.
#4 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

The first level is the best level. 

You're not missing out on much[/sarcasm] 

On a more serious note, this game is a grindfest seeing how most levels are fairly difficult or challenging.

#5 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

I went to play the demo, pressed start and it bought it.  I was fucking pissed.  It's alright but I don't really have fun playing it.  

#6 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

You can't even die in the first two levels, why would you quit after playing so little?

#7 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

YOU ARE SO WEEEEAAAAAAK!

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

If you watched the Quick Look then you knew good and well what you were getting into. 
And quitting after two levels? That's just embarrassing, dawg.

#9 Posted by supermike6 (3556 posts) -

I find it a lot easier with a gamepad than a keyboard. I would hate to play it on a PC too.

#10 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

You should have played the original. You know the one on newgrounds because they are practically the same fucking game.

#11 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I was considering buying it but even at that price, I'll pass because it's just not my kind of game

#12 Edited by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@Meteora said:

" The first level is the best level.  You're not missing out on much[/sarcasm]  On a more serious note, this game is a grindfest seeing how most levels are fairly difficult or challenging. "

The normal levels are OK.  IWBTG warp zone defeated me though: I was on the last stage with the teeth flying horizontally, but I just gave up trying.
#13 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I am fully prepared to hate this game. But it's the kind of thing that I can stick with. dl is about to finish, I'll report my thoughts in half an hour or so.

#14 Posted by Portis (1286 posts) -

I like these types of games and only played a few hours of Super Meat Boy before not touching it again. I have to be in a certain mood to play it, because aside from Trials HD, it's the most frustrating game I've played in 6 or 7 years. 

I'll go back to it one day, though.

#15 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

I wish it would come to PSN.

#16 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Were you playing as Tofu Boy?

#17 Posted by Nictel (2402 posts) -

I love it, I got it on 360 and I'm getting it on PC. I like crazy hard.

#18 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Did you really play it? You practically cant die on like the first few levels I don't see what would make you quit that early... and dude your totally missing out. Its hard but in quick bursts so ultimately other than a few really hard levels I never found it too frustrating.

#19 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Yes, because you clearly see everything a game has to offer after two levels. Especially if said levels are less than a minute long.

#20 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -
@FlyingRat:  Not even, less than 15 seconds long.
#21 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Your loss, duder.  One of the best games of the year, in my opinion.

#22 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Yeah the game doesn't do the jumping for you, there's no autoaim, and you can't hide behind boxes. People who told you that were lying.

#23 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

I can't tell if Super Meat Boy is the best game of all time or if I just have the Stockholm Syndrome real bad. 

#24 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

The light world levels really aren't THAT hard... 

#25 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@Seedofpower:  Close- It's actually 9 seconds.

But yeah this guy bought a game n played it for less than a minute, well done.
#26 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

Man, you have really shitty taste, then.

#27 Posted by Torrim (327 posts) -

That must have been an utter disgusting nine seconds.

#28 Posted by Slaker117 (4836 posts) -

I understand it not being your type of game, but uninstalling after just two levels is stupid. At least get to a level that you can die in so you can kind of see the actual game.

#29 Posted by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

The game is defiantly not for everyone. There is a demo available and free flash version on Newgrounds.

#30 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -

Played it, beat it, got 80 bandages and up to the world 5 dark world.  Had a blast all the way there, but am putting it down now in favor of some other stuff.  I'll probably go back and get those last bandages some day.

#31 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Yeah the game doesn't do the jumping for you, there's no autoaim, and you can't hide behind boxes. People who told you that were lying. "
christ, someone says they don't like a game by two levels (while short, it will certainly tell you how it controls) and you feel the need to shit on him?
#32 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I'm still on the final level of the final stage. Have been for months. Can't be fucked to finish it.

It's a good game, but when ridiculous difficulty is a selling point, it's not the game for me.

#33 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1479 posts) -
@mracoon: It's possible, you can jump off the borders of the level and kill yourself that way. 
Looking for the last bandage made me check out every nook and cranny
#34 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I'll buy it when (if) it comes to Wii. I don't have an Xbox and can't imagine playing this thing on a keyboard. I really want them to put out that Wii version though. Game looks amazing.

#35 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -

OP doesn't like video games. There's no other explanation for this thread's existence.

#36 Posted by JackSukeru (5909 posts) -

I'm waiting for the Wiiware version myself, GET HYPE!

#37 Posted by Sogeman (867 posts) -
@Seedofpower said:
" You should have played the original. You know the one on newgrounds because they are practically the same fucking game. "
Um, no? Far from it.
#38 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I will probably feel the same way, so I won't buy it. I don't have enough patience for that game.

#39 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @ryanwho said:
" Yeah the game doesn't do the jumping for you, there's no autoaim, and you can't hide behind boxes. People who told you that were lying. "
christ, someone says they don't like a game by two levels (while short, it will certainly tell you how it controls) and you feel the need to shit on him? "
Everyone in the thread is kind of doing that, so yeah. You see a thread full of people shitting on this dude and single me out? When are you going to move past that time I ran your cat's tail over with my scooter dude. Let the wound heal already.
#40 Posted by OtakuGamer (1227 posts) -

Its a great game, give it another go and play it with a controller. 

#42 Posted by Legend (2658 posts) -

Obvious troll is obvious.

#43 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -
@FlyingRat said:
" Yes, because you clearly see everything a game has to offer after two levels. Especially if said levels are less than a minute long. "
Seriously. You can beat the first two levels in under 5 seconds. :/

What's with you, man?
#44 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I said I would be 30 minutes and it's been an hour, I'm addicted. I hate this game, but it's so satisfying. It frustrates me to the core, but I must get through the next level. It's dangerous.

#45 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You mean two worlds, I hope. You can beat the first 2 levels in about 12 seconds combined. They are absolutely no indictation of the awesomeness of the game whatsoever. They are tutorials at the absolutely most basic level.

#46 Posted by csl316 (8374 posts) -
@mracoon said:
" You can't even die in the first two levels, why would you quit after playing so little? "
#47 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Hey, i hate extreme difficulty and have been playing my games on Easy for the last few months just because i dont enjoy the pressure anymore 

however, i think SMB looks good, sounds good, controls good, and FEELS good once you beat a level.. so though it made me shout curse words at the top of my lungs, i got to the 4th level in the second world and i plan to keep going and trying.

#48 Posted by Klaptos (182 posts) -

I also bought the game today, played for 1h30m. Its a challenging game, for sure, but im enjoying it. Except for the Jill warp zone....fuck Jill, I hate her....badly.....

#49 Posted by smitty86 (698 posts) -

@Mikewrestler5 said:

" I wish it would come to PSN. "

I thought the same thing, but I bought on the steam sale anyway. Then someone in another forum linked to a program for your computer that lets you use your ps3 controller. Needless to say, I have spent the last hour and a half trying to stop playing this game.
#50 Posted by IBurningStar (2161 posts) -

I know I should just probably say something about how this is a cool story and how he is my bro, so that is exactly what I am going to do.

Cool story, bro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.