Heihachi Mishima... is dead.

#1 Posted by Ratfoot (199 posts) -

His voice actor apparently commited suicide looks like Heihachi could be done for good this time. I didn't even know he did the voices for Hercule and Bass.
 http://kotaku.com/5450692/tekken-voice-actor-dead-police-investigating-suicide

#2 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Don't worry, he'll return. Heihachi always returns.

#3 Posted by NinjaCupCaiks (75 posts) -

Heihachi IS Tekken . He cant even kill himself . Still , He wont be the same =( R.I.P

#4 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
"Daisuke Gouri passed away this past Sunday at around 3:00 pm in Tokyo after being discovered wandering the streets in Nakano ward, blood dripping from his arm, before collapsing face-down. He was 57 years old."

What kind of suicide involves walking around in city streets?  I guess I can barely imagine it, but suicide isn't the first thing that comes to mind.
#5 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

R.I.P Daisuke Gouri  aka  Heihachi Mishima-san 

@Diamond said:

" "Daisuke Gouri passed away this past Sunday at around 3:00 pm in Tokyo after being discovered wandering the streets in Nakano ward, blood dripping from his arm, before collapsing face-down. He was 57 years old."  What kind of suicide involves walking around in city streets?  I guess I can barely imagine it, but suicide isn't the first thing that comes to mind. "

There are some that choose to have very public suicides, for all manner of reasons, who can know what his reason were... It sounds to me like he may have been high on prescription drugs... 

Unless there are legal hurdles that prevent so, Namco should continue to use his voice work whenever possible.   
#6 Posted by NinjaCupCaiks (75 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Added the image and his date of death and age . My first page edit so sorry If its wrong :( least I could do for the actor of one of my favourite characters .
#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

:( 

#8 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

I kinda want to insert a falling in a volcano joke, but that would be inappropriate. 

Rest in Peace.

#9 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

for reals this time

#10 Edited by Raven_Sword (3437 posts) -

I wonder if he threw himself into a  Volcanoe? (see, I did it. but all due repect, its very sad and hope he finds peace)
#11 Posted by Milkman (16543 posts) -

"Daisuke Gouri passed away this past Sunday at around 3:00 pm in Tokyo after being discovered wandering the streets in Nakano ward, blood dripping from his arm, before collapsing face-down"

What a badass way to commit suicide. Only a true samurai.

#12 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Did anyone find a wrecked Big Zam near by?

#13 Edited by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Diamond said:

" "Daisuke Gouri passed away this past Sunday at around 3:00 pm in Tokyo after being discovered wandering the streets in Nakano ward, blood dripping from his arm, before collapsing face-down. He was 57 years old."  What kind of suicide involves walking around in city streets?  I guess I can barely imagine it, but suicide isn't the first thing that comes to mind. "

I think they found his will right next to him, either it's suicide or an elaborate murder. More likely than not it's the former.  

Kind of weird how he just killed himself, he was the voice actor of a much beloved video game character. I wonder what personal demons he had. 
#14 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -
@Milkman: suicide isnt badass
#15 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Damn, that's sad to hear. He's great at his job.....gonna miss Heihachi.

RIP.

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18916 posts) -

He has done a ton of voices for anime as well like Dragonball Z (Mr. Satan) and Gundam (Dazle Zabi) just to name a few.  He will be missed.                 :(

#17 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6107 posts) -

I hate hearing that about anybody.  Rest in peace, guy.
#18 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

weird

#19 Posted by IcySandman (474 posts) -

That doesn't make sense, he was cut on the arm, so he than wandered around in the streets.  I think either I tried and freaked when he actually did it and ran onto the streets for help, or somebody cut him for reasons unknown and he was running away.

RIP

#20 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

Sad to hear this. May his soul rest in peace.

#21 Edited by Slippy (735 posts) -

Damn, I just started playing Tekken 6 and now I hear this.. RIP, his contribution to the series has been amazing. In the T5 intro, his macho grunts when Heihachi is being pinned by the Jacks still brings a smile to my face.

#22 Posted by DreadAlert (58 posts) -

That sucks. :( 
Heihachi is badass.

#23 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -
@Milkman said:
"  "Daisuke Gouri passed away this past Sunday at around 3:00 pm in Tokyo after being discovered wandering the streets in Nakano ward, blood dripping from his arm, before collapsing face-down"  What a badass way to commit suicide. Only a true samurai. "
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!!!  I mean, obviously, it's not straight-up seppuku, but regardless, the Japanese look at suicide in a very different way than America does. 

So yes, what a badass way to commit suicide.  Was it, like, wrists slit or what?
#24 Posted by TheHBK (5466 posts) -

You would have thought that the voice actor would out live some old ass guy.  Seriously?  Why did this guy not die yet? Thought he would have died of colon cancer by now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.