Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

Does this sum up the zelda franchise?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

Link is the protagonist.  Zelda is kidnapped by Ganon.  Link must save Zelda.  Goes through various themed dungeons.  Picks up Master Sword.  Goes through more various themed dungeons.  Link reaches Castle with Ganon residing in.  Link Defeats Ganon.  Nintendo still thinks the Protagonist shouldn't get any pooty tang.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sgjackson
    @Godwind said:
    "  Link is the protagonist.  Zelda is kidnapped by Ganon.  Link must save Zelda.  Goes through various themed dungeons.  Picks up Master Sword.  Goes through more various themed dungeons.  Link reaches Castle with Ganon residing in.  Link Defeats Ganon.  Nintendo still thinks the Protagonist shouldn't get any pooty tang. "
    You gloss over the best part.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

I can't tell if this is supposed to be clever.

Newsflash, video games don't have the most amazing plots.
    You are a protagonist, something initiates action, you react, you progress through a series of stages, you win.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dalai

I guess Majora's Mask isn't part of the franchise.  But yes, that's about right.  Link needs to get laid.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @Dalai said:
    " I guess Majora's Mask isn't part of the franchise.  But yes, that's about right.  Link needs to get laid. "
    Dude, it's Nintendo. The closest thing Link will ever get that is sex related is if he...aaahhh fuck it, I got nothing. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Hell no, he just needs to play the game.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Godwind said:
    "  Link is the protagonist.  Zelda is kidnapped by Ganon.  Link must save Zelda.  Goes through various themed dungeons.  Picks up Master Sword.  Goes through more various themed dungeons.  Link reaches Castle with Ganon residing in.  Link Defeats Ganon.  Nintendo still thinks the Protagonist shouldn't get any pooty tang. "
    Yes, basically.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

Who cares about the story?  As long as the game is fun, that's all that matters.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Willy105

Unlike other developers that try to make their franchises hip for the new age, Nintendo still has class and keeps profanity or sex away from their own games. They publish some games with those things though, and they usually don't talk about it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @Mordukai said:

" @Dalai said:

" I guess Majora's Mask isn't part of the franchise.  But yes, that's about right.  Link needs to get laid. "
    Dude, it's Nintendo. The closest thing Link will ever get that is sex related is if he...aaahhh fuck it, I got nothing.  "
    Tingle 
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Who cares about the story?  As long as the game is fun, that's all that matters. "
    A game can be good without story, but I'd rather play a game that has a great story than one that doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.