Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wolf Among Us

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 11, 2013

A prequel to the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us tells a tale of the reformed Big Bad Wolf of childhood folklore (who is the sheriff of a secluded community of fables in 20th century New York City) as he investigates a series of grisly murders.

Episode 3 Discussion (SPOILERS!!!)

• 55 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Greenleaf posing as her daughter was super obvious =/

• I did not interrupt Snow's eulogy.
    • I went to Trip Trap first (going to Crane's place first seemed too obvious >_>)
    • I offered a job to Flycatcher.
    • I burned Greenleaf's tree.
    • I killed Tweedle Dum.
    emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I knew The Crooked Man was behind it! I predicted it in the other thread. The whole time you were speaking with Snow after confronting Crane, I was disappointed that there wasn't a dialogue option for those who'd put it together.

• I went to Trip Trap first
    • I saved Greenleaf's tree.
    • I spared Tweedle Dum.

I figure the twins might have a change of heart, having now rescued them. I also wonder if the encounter with Jack (which was in the previous preview) is to be had if you go to Crane's place first. It seemed like the setting was similar in the preview.

I also mashed on that Q button like crazy, when fighting Bloody Mary, desperately hoping you could fight back. Unfortunately not.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ShadyPingu

I'm liking each of these episodes more than the last. Really looking forward to Episode 4.

• I did not interrupt Snow's eulogy
    • I went to Crane's apartment first
    • I made a deal with Jack
    • I saved Greenleaf's tree
    • I spared Tweedle Dum

I wanted so bad to kill that fucker, but when it came down to it, I couldn't do it. I sort of flashed back to when I tore off Gren's arm in a rage, and how shitty I felt about it afterward... Bloody Mary is a dead woman, though.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By reckless_x

• I went to Crane's Place
    • I made a deal with Jack
    • I spared Greenleaf's tree.
    • I killed Tweedle Dum.

Happy with it for sure.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ThunderSlash

@sunbrozak said:

I knew The Crooked Man was behind it! I predicted it in the other thread. The whole time you were speaking with Snow after confronting Crane, I was disappointed that there wasn't a dialogue option for those who'd put it together.

• I spared Tweedle Dum.

I figure the twins might have a change of heart, having now rescued them. I also wonder if the encounter with Jack (which was in the previous preview) is to be had if you go to Crane's place first. It seemed like the setting was similar in the preview.

I also mashed on that Q button like crazy, when fighting Bloody Mary, desperately hoping you could fight back. Unfortunately not.

I did the same exact things as you did. Judging from the other responses, it seems like you get do get to meet Jack if you choose to go to Crane's first. Is it possible to avoid getting shot at during the funeral scene? I really wanted to kill the Tweedle though, after all the shit they kept doing to the investigation. But I decided not to since it seemed like they might give us a bit of more info if I had the chance to arrest them. Anyone know what's up with the large groaning apartment at Greenleaf's? I seriously thought that it was gonna turn out to be alive or something. And what happens if you offer Greenleaf an official job?

Bluebeard is a jerk.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

• Didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy
    • Went to Crane's apartment first (it's in the same friggin' building, seemed logical to go there first)
    • Made a deal with Jack
    • Burned Greenleaf's tree (I mean I am a cop, and what she's doing is illegal)
    • I killed Tweedle Dum (those assholes were a pain in my side for one too many times. Also, I'm a cop, and this is the second time they tried to kill me)

I always try to play how I envision the character to be and act, and as a big bad wolf/cop, he would have burned that criminal's illegal tree and kill the guys who have (on more than one occasion) tried to kill him.

So far, good stuff. Telltale's episodic game have gotten a little shorter, but I can't wait to see how all this wraps up. Bloody Mary especially was awesome.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    • Didn't interrupt
    • Went to the bar first
    • Offered him a job
    • Burned the tree because she's a cunt
    • Killed Tweedle Dum because fuck him and I got caught up in the moment

I just do what I personally would do in the situation. I was kinda going back and forth on the tree, but she deserved it as far as I'm concerned. I tried to give her a way out the first time by saying she could work for us, but, like I said, she was being a cunt, so fuck her and her dumbass tree.

Also, I just bought this game today so I played through all three episodes in one sitting so this is fresh in my mind: I'm curious if I was the only one who was kinda bummed everyone treated you like shit if you fuck up Dee while interrogating him? It's like "my bad, bitch, I thought you was dead so I was obviously angry. I feel like my actions were justified. What? You're not mine to lose? True, but fuck you too. My bad for givin a shit."

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By bkbroiler

I spared Tweedle Dum, and I was so close to killing him, but I thought about it for like 2 seconds and decided not to kill him. I was so close... and I kind of still wish I killed him. It was really satisfying to unleash the Big Bad Wolfiness and attack some dudes. Bigby is a really fun character to play as. Telltale is really good at creating likable characters.

The only thing I'm pissed at myself about is I basically told Snow White to fuck off when she asked about the anger I had. I panicked at picked that option. I wish I had picked a different one now, I wanted to see what else they were gonna talk about.

Also Bloody Mary is a really cool villain in the game. Neat that they're using her as a Fable, also she scared the shit out of me when I was a kid so it's like double cool.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Monkeyman04

• Dinn't interrupt Snow.
    • I went to Crane's place and then the bar
    • Made a deal with Jack
    • Didn't burn Greenleaf's tree.
    • Broken Crane's nose. (he's deserved it ever since Eps.1)
    • I killed Tweedle Dum.
    universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

• left snow uninterrupted
    • bar > crane's place > dee office
    • told Flycatcher to speak with Snow
    • left the tree
    • left Crane in one piece
    • finished off Dum

i hope we will be able to execute the other Dee including the Crooked Man and Bloody Mary maybe Bluebeard too.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was TOP TIER! I'm a bit surprised that more people haven't commented in this thread. The episode was super compelling, lots of reveals, and Bloody Mary is pretty amazing. I killed the hell out of Tweedle Dum because I got super hyped during that scene and he fucked with the investigation one too many times. I might feel differently about it later, but I was on a rampage so was like fuck it.

I think I might be liking this more than Walking Dead Season 2, but it really isn't the fault of the Walking Dead. The fantastical nature of The Wolf Among Us just allows for more crazy shit to happen.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@golguin said:

I might feel differently about it later, but I was on a rampage so was like fuck it.

I think I might be liking this more than Walking Dead Season 2, but it really isn't the fault of the Walking Dead. The fantastical nature of The Wolf Among Us just allows for more crazy shit to happen.

Yep, I kind of regret killing him :(

I think I like both equally - The Wolf Among Us has absolutely incredible visual design and feels like a power fantasy; but I don't like that so much of the game can be explained away with 'a witch did it'. Walking Dead 2 seems a lot more grounded and realistic (well, aside from the zombies, obviously); it feels like all the characters are actual genuine people stuck in a shitty situation.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

• Didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy
    • Went to the Bar first, then Tweedle Dee/Dum's place
    • Offered a job to Flycatcher
    • Didn't burn down the tree
    • Killed Dum.

I have tried to play a tough but reasonable Bigby up to this point, sparing enemies and trying to be peaceful. However I felt like Dee and Dum have had more than enough opportunities to back down and I also didn't realize it would legit kill him since Fables are like super strong. Fantastic episode and I have to say while I figured the Crooked Man was involved somehow the end was a surprise. Bloody Mary seems appropriately crazy and I love that she had the Woodsman's ax (been wondering where it went). I would probably hang stills of this game up on my wall, the art is just stunning.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By xymox

Agreed- top tier episode. After an underwhelming ep 2 I was a bit worried about this one, but now I can't wait for ep 4.

• Didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy, because I'm still not an asshole.
    • Tweedle Dee/Dum's "office" first, because they shot me and I'm not ashamed to say that in the moment, I cared more about finding them than the investigation. Irresponsible and selfish, eh, maybe a little. But the choices were a huge mindfuck. I couldn't go to where Bluebeard had already gone in case he had messed something up - but also he could've missed something. Ended up with going to the bar second. What a great scene that was as well. (also the Won't remember that-part was hilarious to me).
    • Offered a job to Flycatcher but told him to speak to Snow about it. She's the one who's actually running the investigation (and office...) at this point anyway.
    • Didn't burn down the tree because free market / black market glamors (a service used predominantly by poor fables) are not at fault here.
    • I gave these guys every chance. And they spam me full of shotgun shells. Yeah - I killed the absolute fuck out of Dum. No regrets. Would've taken out both if given the option. I've been playing as a sort of "big good wolf" since episode 1 fighting the impulses but you know what, Fabletown? Maybe I haven't changed. Maybe I'm right where I need to be. I don't even feel as if I've failed.

I dislike Bloody Mary so much right now. I realized pretty quickly that she probably had silver bullets since she was being so cocky even though they were shooting the capital F out of me and it wasn't actually doing that much to me. Will Telltale satiate my newfound bloodlust? They really (as corny as this might sound) "woke the wolf" with that final scene.
    hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

• Didn't interrupt Snow. It looked like the respectful thing to do.
    • Trip Trap Bar first, then to the Dee's office. Crane's office was an obvious choice, but I didn't do it because Bluebeard was the one that proposed it.
    • Told Flycatcher to talk to Snow about a job. As much as I would like to, it is not up to me to decide about who works in the Woodlands.
    • Didn't burn the tree. Aunty had to live, Snow White was being spiteful about it (she mostly hated the practice because Crane glamoured her) and, besides, I only went for it to get some information. Once she spilled the beans, I saw no point in continue down that path.
    • Spared Dum. The reason for that was that Snow White was watching...

My version of Bigby is trying to redeem himself from the bad deeds of the past, and most times tries to defuse situations before they get extra crappy. He is also awfully concerned with proving to people (specially Snow White) that he is more than a wild beast.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I killed the fuck out of that fucker. Felt so good. Fuck his fucking face.

Bloody Mary is also super cool, but the way she kinda mumbles made it hard to hear what she was saying without turning the volume way up, which made everything else super loud. It's an interesting characteristic, but the EQ seems a bit off.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Nodima

Not really a fan of the voice acting in this game - Bloody Mary and Blue Beard in particular - as it gets deeper into it but the world is still really cool. This episode felt pretty short on content other than the reveal of who's actually behind everything, and it also felt like it was struggling to manage my choices a little. I never mentioned to Snow what was actually in the photograph and I could never quite tell if she knew, her dialogue at times felt like she did and at others she didn't. The beginning was also weird, it almost felt like the fight with Beast never happened.

Still just really like this concept of games in general, though, so I'm only slightly disappointed. I'm curious to see how this wraps up considering it's leading directly into an established fiction and considered canon.

As for my choices, I tend to play Bigby to the edge and then pull back, other than when I ripped off Grendel's arm; at the time, I believe I thought Snow White was dead? Either way, I've gone completely to the edge and then pulled back in every case, and at times where you can choose to be a diplomat or a general I tend to talk as much as I can and choose one perfect dramatic point to throw a punch or do something Rust Cohle-like.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Didn't interrupt. It felt like the right thing to do, I'm not trying to piss anyone off, and if things went sideways I was there. No rush.

Went to crane's first. I figured there would be some piece of evidence that would confirm it wasn't him or point to the crooked man. I wish the game had Bigby figure it out, he's smarter than this. Went to the bar second because bluebeard went to the Tweedle office. I figured anything useful there was already revealed or covered up. Plus, the Tweedles are becoming more and more of a problem, but I always get the feeling that they'll be a dead end. Really enjoyed the bar scene.

Made a deal with Jack. I then called snow in while he was there. Fuck you Jack, I can lie and manipulate too.

Spared the tree. I actually wanted to offer her a job, but ended up running out of time. I feel like if not for the stuff with Crane, snow would see the benefits of keeping her around too. Plus, Fabletown has witches that could smack her down in an instant.

Didn't kill Dum. It was satisfying getting to beat the shit out of those two, but I feel like they have no intention of hurting anyone other than Bigby except in self defense. Like, they're kinda stuck in their situation. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way Bigby is concerned with the image the other fables have of him. He showed enough of the monster to Snow, he couldn't tear apart Dum.

I was a little annoyed that Bigby didn't figure it out, and the Tweedle's reload their shotguns amazingly fast, but those things aside I really liked this episode. Maybe a little juvenile, but my first line was "Motherfucking piece of shit!" and I enjoyed that.

I've mostly been getting as close as possible to fucking people up without actually doing it. Having read some of the comics, I feel like that's the way Bigby mostly operates. Except the times where straight empathy is the only way to go, or he doesn't have time for your shit. I walked in and punched Georgie right in his dumbass face. The great thing about Bigby to me, is that he will threaten and threaten, but doesn't always need to make good on those threats, because everyone already know he can.

So far I think this could still end up being better than TWD season 1 for me(haven't touched 2 yet). Let me beat the shit out of Bluebeard and it'll probably win.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@starvinggamer: okay I'm glad someone else couldn't hear her well. I thought my surround was messed up.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have a feeling this is a bit of a controversial part of the series, but I like the feeling that Bigby is a bit of a hired goon who just needs direction and then can figure out the truth from there. He's not great at the big picture, but in a smaller scale he's good at his job. This can kind of be attributed to the player being lead through the game, but I feel like it adds to Bigby's character and his dynamic with Snow. No idea if the comic is like that or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

• I did interrupt Snow's eulogy. (by accident I had thought it was over)
    • I went to Cranes place
    • I left the tree
    • I killed Tweedle Dum. (because quite frankly by that point he had tried to kill me so many times that I forgot I was playing Big B as a bad man turning compassionate and thought 'fuck it') FUCK me that was a gory death.

Fucking awesome episode though, really intense.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By StrawHat_NPC

Greenleaf posing as her daughter was super obvious =/

• I went to Trip Trap first (going to Crane's place first seemed too obvious >_>)
    • I burned Greenleaf's tree.
    • I killed Tweedle Dum.

Exactly this. I was trying to play the good guy but when I seen the prompt to kill Dum I did it instantly.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By lord_canti

i am hopping bloody Mary becomes a big presence in the upcoming episodes she is a really well made henchwoman that is sick enough to seem like a real threat and enjoy what she does.

other than that this was a slow episode its definitely a middle chapter and the revelations towards the end kinda make the stuff before it meaningless i am still loving this series but i want to see where its going... however we would need to wait another 2 months

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The previous two episodes I tried to play Bigby as a man who was redeeming himself for his past, this episode everything just went off the rails. I was sick of Greenleaf's shit, after trying to give her a way out, I followed Snow's orders and burnt down that tree. That's gonna piss off some of the poorer Fables, I immediately felt like a jerk.

I also wish I hadn't killed Dum right in front of Snow, but those motherfuckers have been a thorn in my side constantly and put about 10 shots into me a piece. Self defense.

I'm absolutely loving this game, can't wait for episode 4.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#26  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

@sunbrozak said:

• I spared Tweedle Dum.

Finally played it tonight and this is almost my exact thoughts. Also...

@encephalon said:

Bloody Mary is a dead woman, though.

That's the damn truth.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I punched the fuck out of Georgie for being an asshole

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Didn't interrupt, went to the bar first (then Crane's second and didn't find anything there), offered a job to flycatcher, spared the key, killed Dum. Let the criminals fear me. The one thing I don't get is why it gave me a Q prompt after Bloody Mary gave me the silver bullet - I filled it but it had no effect that I could tell. Did it just keep me from dying?

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By koolaid

• I didn't interrupt Snow.
    • I went to Crane's place and then the bar
    • Made a deal with Jack
    • Didn't burn the tree. (Mostly because that boss stuff pissed me off)
    • I killed Tweedle Dum. I felt like I shouldn't, but I'm playing Bigby as someone who gets super pissed off and loses control.

I really, really, really like this game, this setting and this art style. But I do have some thoughts...

1. Ep 1 seemed like a good length, but these other two episodes seem really short. I feel like I'm done right when I get started.
    2. That being said, I feel like there is a ton of content I'm missing in just one play through. I didn't get a chance to go to Dee and Dum's office and I have no idea who the flycatcher is.
    3. That being said, I kinda don't want to play through it multiple times because I kinda like going through the mystery only have a few pieces of the puzzle, instead of knowing all the options.
    4. Also, I feel like Grendel doesn't really hate me enough for ripping his arm off. Or seem that bummed.
    5. I bought this game on Sunday for $25 and now its on sale for %15... Great... I coulda had a feast at Taco Bell!

What do you guys think?

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By thebunnyhunter
    • Didnt interrupt
    • Went to the Bar, then Cranes, then the Tweedles' Office
    • Flycatcher has a new job, he seems like a cool dude
    • Didnt Burn the tree down "..."
    • I killed Dum, and then immediately regretted it. Ive been playing the "good" guy trying to make everyone like me but using a bit of force when needed.....but i didnt hesitate to press the kill button after they pumped me full of lead.

I was bummed to see neither Bigby nor Snow figured out that the C.M. is seemingly behind it all. I really like this episode

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By papercut

• I went to Cranes place
    • I left the tree
    • I killed Tweedle Dum. (because quite frankly by that point he had tried to kill me so many times that I forgot I was playing Big B as a bad man turning compassionate and thought 'fuck it') FUCK me that was a gory death.

I did all the same. And yeah I thought I would, like I don't know, stab him in the heart or something? Not RIP OUT HIS F'ING NECK ALL CAPS. Really good episode. I try to be a tough cool detective type when playing Bigby, kind of reserved, but when ever he goes wolf mode I just let completely loose. Grendle got his arm ripped off. Beast got his ass kicked. Dum got dead.

I timed my session and got a little over an hour and a half. I feel like that was about the same amount of time as the second episode but I haven't heard any complaining from anyone about length.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

@yesiamaduck said:
    • I went to Cranes place
    • I left the tree

I did all the same. And yeah I thought I would, like I don't know, stab him in the heart or something? Not RIP OUT HIS F'ING NECK ALL CAPS. Really good episode. I try to be a tough cool detective type when playing Bigby, kind of reserved, but when ever he goes wolf mode I just let completely loose. Grendle got his arm ripped off. Beast got his ass kicked. Dum got dead.

I timed my session and got a little over an hour and a half. I feel like that was about the same amount of time as the second episode but I haven't heard any complaining from anyone about length.

I didn't have any problems with the length as I was engrossed the whole way through. The game seems to encourage multiple playthroughs to see what happens when you investigate the other areas. I spoke to Lily and Flycatcher, but didn't get to see Jack.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By madpierrot

This is the first game of this type that I've played before and I'm absolutely loving it. Love the characters, setting and story so far. I've been playing wolf as kind of a good guy, trying to mane as many friends as I go along, have people owe me, that sort of thing. But what I find interesting is that I feel like I'm personally getting feed up with the other characters so my Wolf is starting to get more violent. I ended up killing Dum because screw that guy, he's already tried to kill me and I was done with him. If we ever get the option bloody mary is so going done.

One thing I really, really hated about this episode, probably the only thing. At the very end when we get shot with the silver bullet and the prompt comes up to pound the A button. I had that thing full for a good 10 seconds, waiting, waiting, waiting, and it didn't matter. Don't freaking give prompts that we will fail no matter what and have absolutely no outcome. That's just awful design. Here will make you pound A for 10 seconds and fill up this bar that servers no purpose what so ever. That part I hated. The game and this episode though, I loved.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MEATBALL

I killed Tweedle Dumb, because really, as the player and as Bigby, I do enjoy it when the shit hits the fan. I try to play the game pretty reasonable, but in the heat of that moment, feeling like an unstoppable monster, Dum was going down.

Thought that was a cool moment when Snow asked Bigby if he enjoyed it when there's trouble, and as the player, it's part of why I'm there. I wound up asking Snow why she was asking, but I probably should have just admitted to it, had I known the conversation would end there I probably would have.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found myself not enjoying that episode as much as the others. All it did was confirm what I already thought, that Crane didn't do it. And it didn't go into any of the characters all that much. I know nothing about Bloody Mary or Crooked Man as I know nothing about Fables as a series. Apart from her being smart enough to use silver bullets and have a woodsman's axe she didn't strike me as that great of a character.

I really liked the first two episodes, this one just seemed a bit slower or like there was less to learn from it.

I didn't interrupt, I went to the bar then to the office, I offered Flycatcher a job, didn't burn the tree and I let Dum live.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Grendel won't remember this."

Fucking GOLD.

I really wanted Bigby to say something like "Let me guess, 'these lips are sealed'?" when talking to Laura Bailey Aunty Greenleaf. Kind of annoying he didn't make the connection.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to blow everyones mind and inform them that Bloody Mary is voiced by the same voice actress that voiced Dee Dee from Dexter's Lab.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched bits and pieces from Let's Play videos for episode 3 and it looks like things can get pretty different with the dialogue. Snow can get really angry with Greenleaf and Bigby basically tries to calm her ass down, but she's off the rails. Nice good cop bad cop reversal. I was able to call the shots during the Greenleaf scene, but the video I saw has a wild Snow trying to run the investigation.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

I've watched bits and pieces from Let's Play videos for episode 3 and it looks like things can get pretty different with the dialogue. Snow can get really angry with Greenleaf and Bigby basically tries to calm her ass down, but she's off the rails. Nice good cop bad cop reversal. I was able to call the shots during the Greenleaf scene, but the video I saw has a wild Snow trying to run the investigation.

The Greenleaf scene seems to have to most variables. Also if you say she isn't your boss there's more tension between Snow and Bigby at the Puddin and Pie.

Any idea if you can show up to Greenleef's apartment on time. I visited all 3 locations and got to the apartment 15 minutes late, but when my roomate played last night she went to just the apartment and the Trip Trap but still arrived at the apartment 15 minutes late.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing episode, I can't wait to fuck up that arrogant bitch Mary. Also I want to know who the hell the crooked man is.

I have two play throughs going. One where big is a very impulsive, but understanding sheriff, though with a temper. The other he is silent, brief and prone to violence.

If there is one thing I enjoy about this game series, is how powerful it makes you feel as Bigby. I never ever feel in danger. Which is very much opposed to the walking dead series.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the ending...take two dozen shotgun blasts no problem, but then get put down by a single revolver shot and have your arm snapped in half by a little girl barely stepping on it? Totally inconsistent with everything that's been shown about Bigby up to that point. Does Bloody Mary's forced badass-ness make her bullet more powerful? Make Bigby weaker than a mundy child all of a sudden?

Aside from the ending to this episode, I've been loving this game. But this almost ruined it for me :(

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ethanielrain:

I agree, but to be completely fair she said it was a silver bullet and we all know super natural wolves don't like that shit :b

But I am sure Mary is going to get hers eventually, if not I am going to be disappointed.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the ending...take two dozen shotgun blasts no problem, but then get put down by a single revolver shot and have your arm snapped in half by a little girl barely stepping on it? Totally inconsistent with everything that's been shown about Bigby up to that point. Does Bloody Mary's forced badass-ness make her bullet more powerful? Make Bigby weaker than a mundy child all of a sudden?

Aside from the ending to this episode, I've been loving this game. But this almost ruined it for me :(

She used a silver bullet. Bloody Mary said that silver bullets are just as effective on Bigby as full werewolfs. Power level is not determined by size or body mass in the fiction.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tothenines@golguin

I didn't hear her say anything about that, thanks for clarifying. Still really disappointing, though. The character development in this series has been pretty strong IMO, but here they fall into that old cliché of "this new character is super ultra bad and you can tell because she has more power in her pinky than anything else the protagonist has ever encountered combined!" type thing.

Ah well, 1% of the game being bad so far still leaves it being pretty awesome :)

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refrained from being violent in all occasions, playing Bigby as someone that's really concerned about doing the right thing for the community and eventually changing the way they see him. On that last scene though, I went full on berserk Hulk and ripped that throat out. On life/death situations like that, especially against such fuckers, I believe the Big Bad Wolf would lose control.

Felt bad about it right after doing it and the consequences of killing a fable will be really interesting to see. This is a really good game.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

Clearly this is all bigger than just Crane. Though I don't understand why Bloody Mary wanted to get him so badly. I mean from her perspective, it would be much easier to frame him for everything.

Also;

• I didn't interrupt Snow. Clearly would be a dick move
    • I went to Crane's first. Running into Jack was a bit of a surprise. Made the deal with him
    • Fuck Flycatcher. Apparently I'm one of about 3% of the people that didn't offer him a job.
    • I left Greenleaf's tree alone. I imagine burning it would devastate the lives of her and anyone else that gets glamours from her.
    • I spared Tweedle Dum. There wasn't anything to be had from killing him.

So far I've played this game conservatively aggressively, if that makes any sense. Resort to force only when it seems absolutely vital.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I killed that sack of shit and felt SOOOOO good about it.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only part I disliked was that there wasn't the option to agree with Snow White when she said Crane wasn't the murderer, like I am almost sure everyone knew he wasn't. So having Bigby clueless about it was irritating especially given his detective ability in the comics.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LackingSaint
    • Didn't interrupt Snow. I have a feeling this choice was a bit of a failure on TellTale's part, seeing as the overwhelming majority chose not to get in the way of things. It probably would have been more effective if they'd have really underlined the urgency of the situation, and made it clear that "Ah, i'll give her a minute" is a real luxury at this stage.
    • I went to the Trip Trap first. Like Snow said, there's no way the Tweedles would've been dumb enough to go back to their office, so I didn't feel things were urgent there. As far Crane's place, Bluebeard was already checking it out and, though I hate leaving jobs for him to do, it wasn't worth wasting time just to make a point about not trusting him.
    • Offered Flycatcher the job. He did come off as a huge dumbass in the scene, but being a comic-reader I just love the dude way too much to not be nice to him. I even stopped shouting at him basically immediately after I started up, though I know it breaks the spirit to act out-of-character.
    • Didn't burn down the Tree. It really just felt like Snow had a grudge; sure, Greenleaf was being incredibly unhelpful, but her tree could do some real good and it wasn't worth being rash. But then...
    • I killed Tweedle Dum. Got caught up in the moment and kind of hate myself for it (especially after already having pulled off Gren's arm), but it just felt too right to finally show that asshole what's what. Nobody puts Bigby in the corner! Hope they give me the opportunity to spare someone by the finale, otherwise I feel like my Bigby is going a little too dark.

Overall; holy shit this episode. Bra-fucking-vo to TellTale this time around. I was actually super disappointed by Episode 2, it left me feeling just kind of empty, but this Episode really brought back all the things I loved about Episode 1. In particular, they got back the thing I appreciated most about the premiere- the feeling that I am really the one embodying Bigby's emotions. When he felt like it was worth being restrained, I did, and when he felt like letting loose, god damn did I feel like that too. Awesome pacing, awesome episode, looking forward to Episode 4. All Hail TellTale.

As a side-note; I will echo the statement that it was kind of annoying for Bigby to be so clueless about the idea that Crane isn't the killer. Given what a great detective he is in the comics, it was kind of a slap in the face for basically everyone except him (including most players) to be aware that Crane is obviously not the grand mastermind here.

EDIT: "Gren won't remember this" is the funniest shit ever and justifies every single unnecessary "X will remember this" prompt in any TellTale game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was definitely the best episode yet. Only thing I didn't like (and I'm guessing the devs don't want you to like it) is after all the shit Bigby withstood at the end, he takes one silver bullet and instantly drops (and then gets his arm royally fucked up). I know, I know, it's thematically accurate, but I really hate that the moment, which was a moment of huge baddassery, was ended by a character we just met and by such a trivial thing. Hopefully in the next 2 episodes Bigby can get some payback. Also, that scene was so Dragon Ball Z, fucking fantastic.

Oh wait, another thing that sucked was that they made you think Holly died (which doesn't make sense because she only got shot, and fables don't die that easily). And then they quickly say "oh yeah, she's at home resting". It was a weird end to a cold open (maybe it turns out better if I didn't screw up the encounter with dee and dum)

Also, I want to note that through Jeff Gerstmanns master button mashing class on UPF a few weeks ago, I learned how to properly mash a button, and actually kept the meter full during the moment where they were trying to make it impossible to keep the meter full. And it results in failure anyway. LOOKS LIKE TELLTALE DIDNT ACCOUNT FOR MY MAD MASHING SKILLZ

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I killed the fucked out of whicever Tweedle that was. I've been playing Bigby as a real hardass, which is very much against my usual playstyle. I've pretty much punched everyone when given the option. :D

I actually laughed when I punched Georgie in the face without saying a word first on the return visit to the Puddin' and Pie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.