Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Existing Nintendo franchises yet to come?

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dark_Link142

For franchises like F-Zero and Starfox, what would you like to see done with them that could use the Wii Remote/Motion Plus?

For Kirby, I can't really think of any Wii-mote use. I'm not as creative as Nintendo. But I know I don't want another Kirby Air Ride game. It was fun for a short while, but it was way too easy and mindless.

F-Zero? A steering wheel of course!

Starfox? Maybe use the Wii Remote as a cursor to fire or use Wiimote/Nunchuk combo to make it seem like you're using flight controls. But then...how would you aim to fire? Using the nunchuk joystick might be a bit too clumsy.

And then there's poor Donkey Kong. I'd rather not seem him in another of those bongo games again. Donkey Kong deserves a higher quality game than that. A platformer reminiscent to DK64 would be nice. I don't know how it could incoporate the Wii Remote.

And of course, there's Mario and Zelda who are already confirmed to have new adventures coming. No news on a new Metroid game yet.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I'd like to see a Wave Race done well with the Wii Motion Plus

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dalai

Well, F-Zero using motion controls could be difficult because of the speed factor... but it could be done.  Besides, F-Zero isn't known for being easy.  I think they could really add something to the platforming genre using the Donkey Kong franchise... perhaps a successor to DK64 or even DKC3.

Star Fox has the most potential... motion controls can really revive the series.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Clean

I would want another Donkey Kong game without the intro rap that sucked hard

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sterbacblu

Get ready, I'm about to be "that guy."

How bout releasing the Mother series in English?  We only have 1...1 out of 3 is nuttin.  2 out of 3 ain't bad.  But 3 out of 3...3 out of 3 is 100%.  The Virtual Console is there.  Use it!
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clarke0
    Clean said:
    "I would want another Donkey Kong game without the intro rap that sucked hard"
    What are you talking about? The DK Rap was amazing.
    banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By banksrob

i agree wave race would be cool

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Earthbounder

F-Zero - Keep the same style that GX had and the same difficulty. Use the Wiimote as a wheel and create a awesome online mode with up to 16 players simultaneously. (A guy can dream)

Star Fox - Get rid of the on foot missions and focus on the airwings. Bring back the alternative paths that the SNES and N64 versions had.

DK - A new platformer without stupid bongos!

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KingBroly

Put Star Fox on Wii Ware.  Episodic.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark_Link142

I also forgot about Custom Robo. That's an overlooked franchise, even though it's pretty good.

And yet again, I can't think of any controls for it.  =P

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By RowdyRob

Star Fox, epic 16 player dog-fights online with Wii Wheel controls perhaps?

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

KingBroly said:
    "Put Star Fox on Wii Ware.  Episodic."
    That could work, that way we wouldn't run out of missions. Nintendo would have to keep up on it though.

Earthbounder
    said:
    "Star Fox - Get rid of the on foot missions and focus on the airwings. Bring back the alternative paths that the SNES and N64 versions had."
    I like the alternate paths, but I also liked some of the foot missions. I would like a nice mix of both. Or, like I've said before, have it like Final Fantasy Tactics games where you get to choose your own missions and so you don't have to complete them all the complete the game. You can just do the ones you like.

Dark_Link142
    said:
     "For Kirby, I can't really think of any Wii-mote use. I'm not as creative as Nintendo. But I know I don't want another Kirby Air Ride game. It was fun for a short while, but it was way too easy and mindless. "
    Balance board control!
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Black_Rose

Wave Race, that's all i need

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clean
    clarke0 said:
    "Clean said:
    What are you talking about? The DK Rap was amazing."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNIdOkMb_tI

yea thats amazing
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15  Edited By Black_Rose
    Shadowsun9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shadowsun9

I want a sequel to Lylat Wars/Starfox 64 (depending on where u live).

4 player online co-op, one as fox, one as falco, one as peppy and one as slippy.

Exactly like the 64 game in style.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Otacon

Starfox using motion plus as a sort of flightstick.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By whackmypinata
    clarke0 said:
    "Clean said:
    What are you talking about? The DK Rap was amazing."
    Yeah, it was so good. I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.
    ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By ArcBorealis

Here are some of mine from a couple months ago.

Pikmin Wii: We know this one is coming, and yes, Nintendo did confirm it, but while we're at it, why not come up with a new control scheme? Now, looking at the series, it is it's own form of a Real Time Strategy game, mixed with adventuring aspect. Therefore, it's an RTS Adventure game. Now since it's half RTS, here's how the wiimote could benefit. Much like an RTS on PC, you can click and drag to select troops or whatever. The same could apply to the pikmin. Just hold down the A button and drag over the group of pikmin to select them, than point at whatever object and press A, then the pikmin will do a corresponding action. If you click an enemy, the pikmin will attack it. If it's a piece of treasure, the pikmin will pick it up and carry it back to the ship. The D-Pad could be used to rearrange the pikmin in 4 different orders. B button would be used as Olimar's headbutt, and the rest of the control scheme you could probably figure out.

Punch Out!!! Wii: This game, along with kid icarus, deserves a rivival. Since Boxing on the wii was so much fun, just enhancing on the basic gameplay could make it an awesome game. But an idea that came to mind would be a better way of dodging attacks and find a better way to lean and bend inorder to dodge punches. The conclusion? The wii balance board. Now the board of course would be optional, but if dont right, shifting your weight depending on where you lean, would make your character on screen lean as well. And you could use the control stick to strafe as well. Only problem left is HOW to get around the limitations of the nunchuck's motion sensor, since it is much weaker than the regular motion sensing in the wiimote.

Kid Icarus Wii: The series Nintendo fans have been wanting to make a comeback, Kid Icarus could help not just satisfy gamers' dreams, but create a new sub-genre. Since pit is an angel, and angels fly, therefore, the game would be a flight-action game. Flying would be a MAJOR component to the gameplay, as you would need to fly to get across the overworld to your next objective, as well as discover little secrets and places. You would use the Control stick to run around and just press the A button to jump, and can be tapped multiple times to hover upwards, but holding down the A button will make Pit spread his wings and take off. At this point, you could point the wiimote and tilt it to steer pit. This at least the basics of what I could think of, and I dont want this game to feel like another Zelda, but I'm sure the geniuses at the Big N can figure it out.

Starfox Wii: This one, I swear to god, game to me in a dream (I think, cause I got the idea in the middle of the night, and I was asleep). Anyway, the dream was that I was at what was a gaming convention and Nintendo was having a press conference, only this one WASN'T the E3 press conference. It was getting near the end, and the lights dimmed. As it was silent, voice clips of Andross from Starfox 64 started playing, and then this song started playing, while gameplay of a new starfox was playing onscreen. After the song finished, Miyamoto took the stage holding the wiimote with the motionplus attached. He then explained the controls, and showed that the wiimote would be held in the same manner as a joystick. And you would tilt the controller to pilot the arwing. The A button would be used to shoot lasers, and the B to use bombs. He then pushed the (-) button to go into cockpit view, and showed that when tilting the wiimote, the flightstick in the arwing did the same. Then showed the manuevers assigned to the D Pad. Pressing up on the D-Pad would activate the boost, and tilting the wiimote backwards would activate a U-Turn. Pushing down on the D-Pad activated the brakes, and tilting back on the wiimote activated a somersault. Pushing left or right on the D-Pad turned the arwing on it's side by 90 degrees in that direction, and pressing the side of the d-pad twice would activate a barrel-roll. The 1 and 2 buttons had no use, mainly because it would prove to be a little uncomfortable having to stretch your thumb down lower to reach the buttons. Miyamoto then demonstrated a 4-player wi-fi co-op, where he was playing along side 3 other players that weren't onstage, but their voices were heard because they were using the wii speak. For the on-rail missions, each player had their own set path, and depending on how well they did, their efforts would be put into the final score for that level. After completing a level, Miyamoto showed off the multiplayer, and confirmed it to have wi-fi with up to eight players. So, Reggie, Iwata, and Cammey (no idea why she was there, dont ask), came on stage to demonstrate the multiplayer along with Miyamoto. The rest you can probably figure out, except Cammey did GOOD at the multiplayer (I know, shocker).

I thought about it after I got out of bed, and I'm dead serious, I spent nearly the whole morning thinking about it. Then after looking at what went through my head, I was like "WTF, this would be PERFECT!". The idea of using the wiimote held like a flight stick was ingenious, and I thought it was something I would never have thought of until Nintendo showed it. And you know what, It might be true. The wii has always been about innovation, so whynot renew the starfox experience?

If this type of control ends up being the real control scheme for the next Starfox, I'll be amazed. It'll be like it was a vision from God (lol, probably not a vision).

Kirby Wii: Since the game is meant to be simple, then go with the simplist possible control scheme on the wii. Holding the wiimote on it's side. Use the D-Pad to move around, use the 2 button to jump, and the 1 button to inhale. Those are the simple controls, but I'm not sure what kinda twist on the gameplay should be in the game. I'm not sure, but I got a feeling it'll involve the A button or B trigger. And hopefully not too much waggle (I got a feeling there might be if this game is made.

Donkey Kong Wii: I had trouble thinking up this one, but I believe that wiimote + nunchuck is the way to go. Control Stick to move, A to jump, B to attack. D pad is the camera. Press up or down to zoom in or out the camera, and press left or right to rotate. C to go into first person, and Z to crouch. Basically a DK64 styled gameplay for the wii, with some possibly motion sensing to add to it.

F-Zero Wii: You'd probably think "Use the wii wheel". No, let's try something different. Looking at it, F-Zero is a much more complex racer than Mario Kart (obviously). After looking at Reggie demonstrating the wave race-esque game in wii sports resort at the E3 conference, I figured using the wiimote + nunchuck, you could use it to imitate the steering mechanisim in the F-Zero Machines, and when you tilt it in one direction, the F-Zero Racer follows suit by steering. Besides using A to accelarate and B to brake, for doing a side attack, shift the wiimote+nunchuck to either side quickly, and if you just want to strafe out of the way, use the control stick to do so. Now, when doing a spin attack, hold Z, and do the same movement as you would do for a side attack. Pressing C would put you in a cockpit view (like an ACTUAL cockpit view, not just putting the camera infront of the machine.

A new 1080 and Waverace: After seeing Shaun White's Snowboarding and Wii Sports resort in action, those two franchises come to mind. We saw them lastgen on the gamecube. They deserve another outing.

A Sin and Punishment Sequel: This game HAS to happen. I so want this game to have a sequel. In fact, Ive already thought about what could be done for the sequel. Again, the wiimote + nunchuck control scheme would apply. A to jump, B to shoot, and Control Stick to move. The Z button would be the sword. I know, it would be cool to have the sword assigned to swinging the wiimote, but that would screw up the aiming. And the C button would change the targeting reticule. As for other parts of the game, there could be hub areas inbetween levels, and you could do a little exploration while the controls still apply. Also, you could chose to play through the game as either Saki or Airan. Oh, and make it longer than the first one. WAY longer.

--
    That's what I got right here.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dalai
    sterbacblu said:
    "Get ready, I'm about to be "that guy."
    How bout releasing the Mother series in English?  We only have 1...1 out of 3 is nuttin.  2 out of 3 ain't bad.  But 3 out of 3...3 out of 3 is 100%.  The Virtual Console is there.  Use it!
    "
    There's nothing wrong with being "that guy."  I'm with you all the way!
    Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dark_Link142

Wow, Alaska_Gamer, those are some fantastic ideas. That Starfox one is pretty epic.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I thought for sure they'd reveal a new Star Fox game at E3, and it would be the first game to have headset support (which would be kind of rad since voice chat is such an important thing for the characters in the games). Unfortunately, no Star Fox. Instead, we get Animal Crossing: City Folk, which looks exactly like Animal Crossing on DS and Gamecube, and WiiSpeak (which I don't think is so bad, but I'm worried about the quality, and honestly I'd prefer to have more private chats).

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArcBorealis
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I thought for sure they'd reveal a new Star Fox game at E3, and it would be the first game to have headset support (which would be kind of rad since voice chat is such an important thing for the characters in the games). Unfortunately, no Star Fox. Instead, we get Animal Crossing: City Folk, which looks exactly like Animal Crossing on DS and Gamecube, and WiiSpeak (which I don't think is so bad, but I'm worried about the quality, and honestly I'd prefer to have more private chats)."

Yeah, definetely, I thought they would atleast mention it at the conference. Oh well.

And the wii speak I hear is said to filter out background noise and sounds from the television. It's definetely gonna add to the cost, but atleast it isn't packaged with the game, since it would make it expensive.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh? I thought it would be bundled with it. Maybe having WiiSpeak included could make City Folk worthy of $50. I totally loved the original Animal Crossing, but man, I certainly wasn't seeing any progression with the new one. According to IGN, it's pretty much exactly the same game as before and the town section only adds like 4 small buildings.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArcBorealis

Yeah, but it wont really matter to me since it's gonna be my first animal crossing game I get. It'll probably be the standard $50, but there might be some bonus or deal announced near the release, though it doesn't seem very likely.

cms64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cms64

I want Star Fox Wii to be to SF64 what SMG was to SM64.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Otacon
    cms64 said:
    "I want Star Fox Wii to be to SF64 what SMG was to SM64."
    Exactly.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

i know i have a green name, but i do own a wii.  seriously guys, just stop.  This is retarded.

This topic should be saying what would you like them to do with the series, not how you think the controls should handle. 

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By kush

Wow...you went all out on this one Alaska_Gamer, great ideas. I would love to see a new Kirby game that maybe did something in the style of Canvas Curse from the DS. I loved that game and using motion controls for a game like that could be fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.