Weekly Wii #2 (don't read this)

Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -

Weekly Wii #2

Sorry about being 1 day late, but I did not need 72 private messages reminding me (half of these contained the basic message "Ha Ha Ha look see! Wii has a stupid library and there are no games for you to play on for it" [sic]  

I actually have exams this week, but here you go anyways: 

This week's game is Endless Ocean: Blue World.  

30 bucks (30 usd)

I will make this simple: Blue World is a fantastic sequel.

The locales, which look great when you're swimming through them, range from the tried-and-true oceans of the original to a South American river, the Arctic, and the Antarctic. Each area is enjoyable and rewarding to explore; you find new creatures, trinkets, and more wherever you go. Some areas are unfortunately limited, though. For example, the river is extremely linear. But this game is so relaxing after a very long exam, its relatively hard to explain.  

I could go on, but this is no review. This game is too relaxing to divulge an extensive amount of words anyways. This game is obviously for a very specific audience, but me and my friend appreciated enough to get through the whole game smiling. A great Wii title for another section of players; its great to have this game as an option for the people who do want it.    

For those questioning, rent it. Next Week, I do not know what I will be buying, so someone suggest something. If I don't PM you back, I already have the game. Please make the game the PM title so I do not have to go through millions of e-mails, and then explain why in the subject line. 
#1 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -

Weekly Wii #2

Sorry about being 1 day late, but I did not need 72 private messages reminding me (half of these contained the basic message "Ha Ha Ha look see! Wii has a stupid library and there are no games for you to play on for it" [sic]  

I actually have exams this week, but here you go anyways: 

This week's game is Endless Ocean: Blue World.  

30 bucks (30 usd)

I will make this simple: Blue World is a fantastic sequel.

The locales, which look great when you're swimming through them, range from the tried-and-true oceans of the original to a South American river, the Arctic, and the Antarctic. Each area is enjoyable and rewarding to explore; you find new creatures, trinkets, and more wherever you go. Some areas are unfortunately limited, though. For example, the river is extremely linear. But this game is so relaxing after a very long exam, its relatively hard to explain.  

I could go on, but this is no review. This game is too relaxing to divulge an extensive amount of words anyways. This game is obviously for a very specific audience, but me and my friend appreciated enough to get through the whole game smiling. A great Wii title for another section of players; its great to have this game as an option for the people who do want it.    

For those questioning, rent it. Next Week, I do not know what I will be buying, so someone suggest something. If I don't PM you back, I already have the game. Please make the game the PM title so I do not have to go through millions of e-mails, and then explain why in the subject line. 
#2 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I looked.  I have always been a rebel  :-) 

I liked the first, despite the motion sickness it gave me - just like real water, but I am still keen to get this.  Maybe more a budget title a bit further down the tack, after Phantom Brave at minimum.  Glad to hear you liked it.

#3 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" I looked.  I have always been a rebel  :-)  I liked the first, despite the motion sickness it gave me - just like real water, but I am still keen to get this.  Maybe more a budget title a bit further down the tack, after Phantom Brave at minimum.  Glad to hear you liked it. "
Yeah
#4 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

Hey, I noticed you double posted, but I also noticed the other one has an ALTERNATE ENDING! Nice!

#5 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

I always wanted to play an Endless Ocean game.

It looked like something completely different, like when you watch some obscure independent movie instead of the big blockbuster everybody else goes to see.

#6 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Fripplebubby said:
" Hey, I noticed you double posted, but I also noticed the other one has an ALTERNATE ENDING! Nice! "
oh ignore the other one
#7 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm 13 hours in and loving this game. I'm almost finished with the main story, but there's so much more to explore. I'm pretty much addicted.

#8 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Claude said:
" I'm 13 hours in and loving this game. I'm almost finished with the main story, but there's so much more to explore. I'm pretty much addicted. "
Thanks for posting this! 

I am glad that more than I can openly admit to loving this game, and still claim to be "hardcore" (psh, whatever that is). 

Also kudos to linkyshinks, you, willy, oldschool, and al3x (the usual suspects). They all support this awesome game as well.
#9 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

You're a magical kingdom.

#10 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Much better than last time.

#11 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Godwind said:
" Much better than last time. "
Thats good to know, but why?
#12 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Godwind said:
Thats good to know, but why? "
First off, there is no "Hey xbox fanboys."

It is also a lot more informative.
#13 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Godwind said:
" @demontium said:
" @Godwind said:
Thats good to know, but why? "
First off, there is no "Hey xbox fanboys."  It is also a lot more informative. "
 Good to know, and TBH I only used the xbox fans thing to get my replies up; sorry, im a whore.
#14 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Claude said:
" I'm 13 hours in and loving this game. I'm almost finished with the main story, but there's so much more to explore. I'm pretty much addicted. "
Thanks for posting this!  I am glad that more than I can openly admit to loving this game, and still claim to be "hardcore" (psh, whatever that is).  Also kudos to linkyshinks, you, willy, oldschool, and al3x (the usual suspects). They all support this awesome game as well. "
Real men don't  try to prove anything  ^-^
#15 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @demontium said:
" @Claude said:
Thanks for posting this!  I am glad that more than I can openly admit to loving this game, and still claim to be "hardcore" (psh, whatever that is).  Also kudos to linkyshinks, you, willy, oldschool, and al3x (the usual suspects). They all support this awesome game as well. "
Real men don't  try to prove anything  ^-^ "
Who said I was a "real man"
#16 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

"Ha Ha Ha look see! Wii has a stupid library and there are no games for you to play on for it" [sic] 

lol
#17 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@insouciant said:
"

"Ha Ha Ha look see! Wii has a stupid library and there are no games for you to play on for it" [sic] 

lol "
I am serious, and sorry I cannot do one this week, I am not at my house this week; I am taking a week in NY.
#18 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Oh, sorry I didn't make myself clear. 
I was laughing at how all these Wii haters send you stupid PMs with grammatical errors in them.
#19 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@insouciant said:
" Oh, sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was laughing at how all these Wii haters send you stupid PMs with grammatical errors in them. "
No i know, and I agree. 

I am loling right there with you, I am just saying i got 6 PMs already about the same subject, thats why i cleared it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.