Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

This Week in Xbox Live Marketplace

• 52 results
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

No surprises--pleasant or otherwise--this week on Xbox Live Marketplace. Xbox PR dude Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb busted out this week's full list of releases on his blog, revealing, most noteworthily, that Earthworm Jim HD is this week's Xbox Live Arcade downloadable.  

He also outlined another group of games getting the Deal of the Week treatment. Do note that there's no rhyme or reason to the group or price slashes, and doubly note that all the games that received the Voorhees "hello" are all pretty-good-to-standard downloadable offerings.  

Lastly, Nelson revealed the next two new-old games that are set to join the Games on Demand line-up (in most territories): Red Faction: Guerrilla and Need for Speed Undercover. Triply note that the latter game is not a good game. It could be called by many a "bad" game, in fact. 

Racing. Undercover.
     Racing. Undercover.
    Xbox Live Deal(s) of the Week

Xbox Live Games on Demand:

Xbox Live Arcade:

As usual, the Deal of the Week will run until Sunday afternoon or so and will only be available for Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Silver members, though, can join with the Gold crowd in giving Microsoft and respective publishers money for the Games on Demand and Xbox Live Arcade downloads which should be appearing on June 8 and June 9, respectively.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

No surprises--pleasant or otherwise--this week on Xbox Live Marketplace. Xbox PR dude Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb busted out this week's full list of releases on his blog, revealing, most noteworthily, that Earthworm Jim HD is this week's Xbox Live Arcade downloadable.  

He also outlined another group of games getting the Deal of the Week treatment. Do note that there's no rhyme or reason to the group or price slashes, and doubly note that all the games that received the Voorhees "hello" are all pretty-good-to-standard downloadable offerings.  

Lastly, Nelson revealed the next two new-old games that are set to join the Games on Demand line-up (in most territories): Red Faction: Guerrilla and Need for Speed Undercover. Triply note that the latter game is not a good game. It could be called by many a "bad" game, in fact. 

Racing. Undercover.
     Racing. Undercover.
    Xbox Live Deal(s) of the Week

Xbox Live Games on Demand:

Xbox Live Arcade:

As usual, the Deal of the Week will run until Sunday afternoon or so and will only be available for Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Silver members, though, can join with the Gold crowd in giving Microsoft and respective publishers money for the Games on Demand and Xbox Live Arcade downloads which should be appearing on June 8 and June 9, respectively.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By napalm

Since when does GB post this?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax
    @Napalm said:
    " Since when does GB post this? "
    Since they brought on Brad Nicholson.
    eileen_orr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By eileen_orr

Now?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Napalm said:
    Since they brought on Brad Nicholson. "
    So, if he goes away will these no longer go up?
    Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dryker

Hmmm, maybe I'll get Serious Sam. But then again, same price point as Earthworm Jim? Early Shiny stuff is hard to pass up. Thanks for posting, I usually don't bother to scroll over on my Dashboard for this stuff.
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By MeatSim

I might consider getting Red Faction Guerrilla.

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By dezvous

I prefer more specialized news on Giant Bomb, this monotonous weekly stuff doesn't interest me at all on this website.

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lukeissxc
    @dezvous said:
    " I prefer more specialized news on Giant Bomb, this monotonous weekly stuff doesn't interest me at all on this website. "
    Then why look at them? Or better yet why post on the articles at all?
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#10  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Damn.  That's a good week for deals.  Worms 2 is awesome, and I'd like to pick up those shooters.  Add in some Earthworm Jim lovin, and I'm sure my MS points will be nonexistent at the end of the week.
    mlipkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mlipkin
    @lukeissxc: He probably replies to let the staff know that he liked the direction the site was going before the recent hires. Hopefully, they'll take note and adjust.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ProfessorEss

I should finally grab Peggle.
    ...even tho I played it to death on the DS
    ...and even tho my arcade titles I bought because they were "only five bucks" are starting to pile up.

Grumble, stupid deals of the week.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoelTGM

omg gaming news?  gtfo of my website!

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lukeissxc
    @mlipkin: The staff is still doing the same shit they have always done. They hired new people that post articles more frequently. If those articles don't interest you like he said they didn't then don't fucking post in them. Keep viewing the stuff you do like and articles like this will be here for those who are interested in it. Is it really that hard of a concept?
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Ravenousrattler

duke 3d is 400msp again i should go get some points, i missed it last time

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By goodwood

without this I wouldnt have known peggle was only 5 dollars, and I will now buy it. So I thank you for the update.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Milkman
    @Napalm said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @Napalm said:
    Since they brought on Brad Nicholson. "
    So, if he goes away will these no longer go up? "
    Then Matt will probably post it.
    mlipkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mlipkin
    @lukeissxc: I'm not saying we can all be dicks and make any demands, or anything like that. I just remember when the site launched, Jeff said GB would be different than most game blogs by not focusing as much on minutia. Maybe I'm alone on this, but it seems like the article Matt and Brad N. have been writing are the types of game announcement posts or logo changes that I can read a lot of other places. It's the more content-heavy previews and reviews that first got me interested in this site and set it apart, so I don't see what's wrong with letting the staff know how I feel about the new hires. I'm sure Matt and Brad are great; I just wish they were assigned different types of articles.
    Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Foggen

I tried playing BF 1943 last night and it completely failed to connect to any games.  Is the game even functional anymore?

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By djstyles92
    @dezvous said:
    " I prefer more specialized news on Giant Bomb, this monotonous weekly stuff doesn't interest me at all on this website. "
    Then don't read them.  Problem solved.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " I should finally grab Peggle....even tho I played it to death on the DS ...and even tho my arcade titles I bought because they were "only five bucks" are starting to pile up.  Grumble, stupid deals of the week. "
    Peggle on an HDTV is exactly the same as it is on a DS or iPhone... it's still fucking awesome. But bigger. And the ode to joy is overwhelming comming out of your surround sound.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By beargirl1

AGGH I BOUGHT DUKE NUKEM FOR 800 LAST WEEK 

; ;

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Animasta

why are people shitting on this, exactly? I think this is a useful little thing and I am glad to know what's up on the xbox live arcade

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By carlthenimrod

Those are some pretty good deals. Too bad I already own most of those games.

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dezvous
    @djstyles92 said:
    " @dezvous said:
    Then don't read them.  Problem solved. "
    There in lies the problem, even if I don't read them problem NOT solved. I still have to deal with a whole bunch of meaningless news stories cluttering up the news feed.  Your logic downright fails.

How about Giant Bomb just doesn't post the same weekly "news" that every other website does? You can't even call it news when the same thing happens every single week on the exact same day.
    I pose a better question to you, how does a post of this nature truly benefit you?
    Avatar image for hilariousdoubleentendre
    HilariousDoubleEntendre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's $10 coming your way Croteam! 

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @dezvous:@mlipkin: 
    So, more content appealing to a broader audience equals...bad?

You'd rather the website be smaller with less content? It's not like these posts are taking away from the type of content that you already like. That's why they hired new people, to take care of these posts.

It sounds like the "problem" is the news feed has more stuff in it. How is that really a problem? It's only a "problem" if the posts don't all appeal to you. Would you rather they asked you specifically before they posted anything?
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @dezvous said:

I pose a better question to you, how does a post of this nature truly benefit you? "

I know right now what the XBLA Deals of the Week are, without logging on to XBox live or going to another site.
    Furthermore if they continue to post these every week (which I hope they do) I will know in advance that I can just check back here next Monday to read the Deals of the Week.
    Further-furthermore, I can see what people think of the deals and have a conversation about who's thinking about getting what. 

It's much more useful to me than all these posts about how GiantBomb is supposed to be a "specialty news only" site - whatever that's supposed to mean.
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#29  Edited By ManMadeGod

Thanks you for posting this. I shall now be buying Serious Sam and Call of Duty Classic. 

People need to stop hating on these news articles. DON'T CLICK ON THEM IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TOPIC. You're not the only people that use this site. If anything is bringing down Giantbomb it's the people who can't stop complaining about Brad Nicholson. SHUT UP.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zdgro

No one cares if you don't like the news so shut up. You complainers have created another highhorse for yourselves... "We don't want this useless shit... blah blah blah... We are so much cooler than all the people who like to hear more than one news story a day!!!"

Some people like more news, and people like me enjoy hearing/reading it when it is written about by the awesome giantbomb staff.

It is just like the people who complain when something changes on facebook or youtube... You can't demand something from a free online service the people who are in charge are in charge for a reason.

So please just shut up if you arent going to comment about the news story, I am tired of reading a story everyday and then scrolling down to see you losers complaining about everything.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @BradNicholson said:
    Do note that there's no rhyme or reason to the group or price slashes
     They're all PC games.

@djstyles92 said:
    " @dezvous said:
    Then don't read them.  Problem solved. "
    That's right up there with "well if you don't like the game, let's see you make a better one!" in the way of stupid points that can be made in a debate.   Unless GB offers a way to filter out less specialized news, he has a right to voice his opinion concerning a change to the way this site operates.
    Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#32  Edited By Spiritof

No one cares that no one cares if you don't like some people here who don't like the news so shut up. You complainers complaining about complainers have created another highhorse for yourselves... "We don't want that you don't want the people who don't want this useless shit... blah blah blah... We are so much cooler than all the people who don't want the people who like to hear more than one news story a day!!!" 

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By djstyles92
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @dezvous said:

I pose a better question to you, how does a post of this nature truly benefit you? "

I know right now what the XBLA Deals of the Week are, without logging on to XBox live or going to another site.
    Furthermore if they continue to post these every week (which I hope they do) I will know in advance that I can just check back here next Monday to read the Deals of the Week.
    Further-furthermore, I can see what people think of the deals and have a conversation about who's thinking about getting what. 

It's much more useful to me than all these posts about how GiantBomb is supposed to be a "specialty news only" site - whatever that's supposed to mean. "
    Exactly
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By djstyles92
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    That's right up there with "well if you don't like the game, let's see you make a better one!" in the way of stupid points that can be made in a debate. 
    Not at all.  Reading is an optional thing that people choose to do.  It's the same with games.  If you don't like a certain game, then don't play it.  I wasn't telling him "If you don't like this story, write a better one"
    jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#35  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Hey Brad! Keep up the good work! 
    I like the new guys, and the new news. Why? Because now I don't have to go to other gaming sites to read those news. Now I only need three sites for all my gaming goodness, GiantBomb, The Escapist and Rock, Paper, Scissor.  
    So thank you both Matt and Brad! And the core crew of course, for letting the new guys do their thing. 

As for the deals... I am strapped for cash, so guess I have to opt out. Which sucks, 'cause I would buy the crap out of Duke Nukem and Earthwork Jim.

mlipkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mlipkin
    @ZGoon@JokerSmilez: It's not that I want it to be smaller, but I'd rather see Matt and Brad writing more conventionally "GB" posts, the kinds that first attracted me here over Kotaku and Joystiq. Like you said, they hired these people to take care of these type of posts, but I'm sure Brad and Matt would be great at writing other types of posts. ZGoon, it's not that I only want one post a day, it's that I'd rather all these posts be of a different type.

It seems like I'm in the minority, and that's fine--I just wanted to get my opinion out here.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By carlthenimrod

@SpaceInsomniac said:

" he has a right to voice his opinion concerning a change to the way this site operates. "

It's one thing to voice your opinion and another to derail posts by spamming it. This is not the appropriate place to voice your concerns about news stories. There is a separate topic on the forums for you and others to voice their displeasure.
    Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Titl

I already went and got Duke Nukem, and Serious Sam. It's hard not to when there are hell of unspent MS Points on my account.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39  Edited By Cube

Just because I can: Boycott Worse Brad and Matt.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called feedback, feedback is always good, regardless of whether it's taken into account or not.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By triple07
    @lukeissxc said:
    " @dezvous said:
    Then why look at them? Or better yet why post on the articles at all? "
    This. I like the information and don't understand why people are getting upset over it. Its not like its taking away from what you like so be quiet.
    dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dezvous

@JokerSmilez

said:

" @dezvous:@mlipkin: 
    So, more content appealing to a broader audience equals...bad?

You'd rather the website be smaller with less content? 

Are you honestly advocating quantity over quality? Seriously think about what you just asked me while I answer your question...

YES. I would absolutely rather Giant Bomb be "smaller with less content" if all of that content was of the high quality nature that is was until late. For the most part the news from the new members has been fine, but simple copy paste dribble on what's coming out this week is just silly for a website like this.

@ZGoon

said:

" No one cares if you don't like the news so shut up. You complainers have created another highhorse for yourselves... "We don't want this useless shit... blah blah blah... We are so much cooler than all the people who like to hear more than one news story a day!!!"

How have I in any way created that image for myself with what I've said? A high horse? I think I'm cooler than you all? What kind of ignorant shit is that?

The sad thing is, from day 1, Giant Bomb has been an incredible website. Second to none in my book for gaming. But there's a reason I rarely post on news or ever in the forums. Because from Day 1 unfortunately, this place was filled with the vast majority of internet going video game fans which happen to be outrageously stupid.   No not everyone, but a disappointingly vast majority.

I'm sure there are plenty others out there like me, members of Giant Bomb that frequent the site EVERY SINGLE DAY and watch every video uploaded by the staff, and never set foot amongst all of this community nonsense. Sometimes though, I feel the need to speak up. Here's to hoping it goes back to the way it was after E3.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @dezvous said:

Are you honestly advocating quantity over quality?

This isn't about quality over quantity, this is about something over nothing.
    This is about users being able to discuss current events on their site of choice in a dedicated news thread.

People can keep telling themselves that GiantBomb use to only post the most "important", or most "interesting" news but the reality of the situation is that in the past users have been forced to go to other sites, or into the general forum postings if they wanted to discuss current events because the GiantBomb staff only had enough time to post a minimal amount of news.

I frequent the site every day, and I watch and read almost every piece of content that goes up on this site and I am happy that there is finally a steady flow of interesting topics to discuss in a more centralized way.

To each their own I suppose but I for one like it.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DrPockets000

God forbid that we get gaming news on a GAMING WEBSITE

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hourai

YEAHHHH I LOVE COMPLAINING

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dezvous
    @ProfessorEss said:
    "... the reality of the situation is that in the past users have been forced to go to other sites, or into the general forum postings if they wanted to discuss current events because the GiantBomb staff only had enough time to post a minimal amount of news.  I frequent the site every day, and I watch and read almost every piece of content that goes up on this site and I am happy that there is finally a steady flow of interesting topics to discuss in a more centralized way.  To each their own I suppose but I for one like it. " 
    The logic just isn't there for me. All of this information is centralized. It's all on the internet. It's all on your Firefox, your Chrome, your Safari. There are other websites for that. Or the forums for that matter. I hate cluttered main pages with news updates that provide no real valuable information. I come to GB for the opinions, the well thought out reasonable expert opinions on video games. Not to mention the absolute hilarity this team provides. I'm just saying, I don't think GB needs this, I don't think they need serialized news. Just make a list out of it or something, don't put it on the front page you know?

Haven't we almost always found that something that focused on doing one thing really well rather than mostly things only okay to be a much better product? Jack of all trades master of none? 

In the end all video game websites end up becoming the same, I don't want that of Giant Bomb, do you? Do you want Giant Bomb to become IGN? GameSpot? Now I'm not being a sensationalist douchebag acting like that's what's happening here, as if we're somehow dangerously close to GB becoming a site like that, no, I'm not saying that. But the site as of late has been taking a step in that direction when it comes to the news being put up. Am I incorrect in saying that?
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @carlthenimrod said:

"  @SpaceInsomniac said:

" he has a right to voice his opinion concerning a change to the way this site operates. "

It's one thing to voice your opinion and another to derail posts by spamming it. This is not the appropriate place to voice your concerns about news stories. There is a separate topic on the forums for you and others to voice their displeasure. "
    Please don't assume my opinion when I haven't given it.  So far, I'm just defending those who would like to calmly and politely state that unoriginal content isn't something that they would like to see from this site.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @SpaceInsomniac said:

" Please don't assume my opinion when I haven't given it.  So far, I'm just defending those who would like to calmly and politely state that unoriginal content isn't something that they would like to see from this site."  

I assumed nothing. I merely pointed out the appropriate place to voice your concerns. There is no sense in every news post being derailed into these exact same arguments.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lunar_Aura

New staff is getting unjustifiably reamed a new one. While I didn't buy any of these, I do appreciate the effort made to inform the gaming community. You irate fools do play videogames still, right?
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lautaro

It blows my mind that people are annoyed by such an inoffensive article like this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.