Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Controller Squeaky?

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vitefish

I have just gotten my new XBOX. After a few hours of play, I started to notice my left stick squeaks. I just got this. It is brand new, so do I just need to brake it in and it will stop, or is it a problem that I will have to return the controller?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

My right shoulder trigger squeaks, I just learned to live with it.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By gla55jAw
    Strongba1 said:
    "I have just gotten my new XBOX. After a few hours of play, I started to notice my left stick squeaks. I just got this. It is brand new, so do I just need to brake it in and it will stop, or is it a problem that I will have to return the controller?"

You need to go back and exchange it ASAP it will not get broken in. My original white controller has a left trigger that squeaks a little if i push the a certain way, so its no big deal. But I recently bought the red limited controller and both of the sticks squeaked extremely loud and I couldn't take it anymore, I went back and exchanged it and the new one was fine. I would deff go and exchange the controller, hopefully you don't have to exchange your whole 360, but that might be the case.
    TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TEAMHOLT

My trigger used to squeak as well, but I haven't gotten any squeaking from either stick. It'll probably stop after a while, or you'll just learn to ignore it.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw
    TEAMHOLT said:
    "My trigger used to squeak as well, but I haven't gotten any squeaking from either stick. It'll probably stop after a while, or you'll just learn to ignore it."

The stick squeak is a whole different thing. It pierced my ears over my surround sound system. Its that bad.
    Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vitefish

I read places that I just need to play it for a while. Other people have said that had the same problem when they first got their XBOX. After a few days, most of them said, it went away.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't worry about it, one of my thumbsticks was squeaky but it went away, the only thing is my triggers still squeak, but I rarely even notice it. Unless your paranoid, I'd keep the controller.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Mine did that. I just used some WD-40 on it and it is fine now.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By tokyochicken

My friends' controllers did that a lot, It's probably not a big deal it'll just take a while for things to break itself in I imagine.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By suneku

My new triggers squeak like crazy (about 8 months old), my old ones didn't (over a year old).

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

One of my 360 controllers (wireless, white) squeaks a bit when I move around the left stick, but it's been gradually going away. I notice it goes away the fastest if I play a lot of COD4 (you have to hold the left stick down to sprint). :D

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Discorsi

put some wd 40 up in that bitch

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By mike
    Discorsi said:
    "put some wd 40 up in that bitch"
    Probably better to use white lithium grease in spray form, it will last longer.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Is it a good idea to spray any kind of liquid on a 360 controller?

I mean, spilling liquid on the 360 pretty much has the effects of C4. Don't underestimate the controller.
    Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Palantas

Heh, I was just posting about this on GameSpot.  A couple months ago, I got this limited edition controller; it's white and black and has little designs on it.  The right stick started squeaking almost right off the bat.  It did not get broken in; it continued squeaking and annoying me.  I exchanged it for another one, which squeaked, so I exchanged that one.  I'm on my third one, which finally, does not squeak.

So, I agree with this guy:
    gla55jAw said:

You need to go back and exchange it ASAP it will not get broken in. My original white controller has a left trigger that squeaks a little if i push the a certain way, so its no big deal. But I recently bought the red limited controller and both of the sticks squeaked extremely loud and I couldn't take it anymore, I went back and exchanged it and the new one was fine.
    Exchange the thing.  No reason to deal with squeaky controllers when you can get a new one for free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.