Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host this week. With the community STILL buzzing about Destiny 2, there are other games and gaming news worth talking about. The 2017 edition of the Tokyo Game Show was this week, and Divinity: Original Sin II finally came out! Beyond that, plenty of community members are already talking about their 2017 GOTY picks. Without further ado, let's talk about the site related house-keeping!

Tweet Of The Week

WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Giant Bomb Galleria

BANNER - The Assassination Of Dave Lang By The Coward Dan Ryckert (By: @monkeyman04)

The Dave Lang x Dan Ryckert movie posters keep on coming! Here's one by Monkeyman04 inspired by The Exquisite Corps video series.

Dan Wallpaper (By: Dan Auer)

Lead Designer for Giant Bomb and GameSpot, Dan Auer, whipped up this fun little piece of wallpaper featuring Dan!

No Caption Provided

Dilbrad #45-47 (By: @oddparticle)

Remember, OddParticle created a Dilbrad Tumblr page where you can stay up to date on the adventures of the Giant Bomb staff.

Community Activities

What Would You Like To See In Future Community Tournaments?(By: @rorie)

The Giant Bomb Community Rocket League Tournament finally came to a close last week, and Rorie is wondering what games you would like to see him set up in the future! Share your picks for some community-based nonsense.

I Made a Giant Bomb Payday 2/Raid WW2 Steam Group (By: @themist997)

We now have a Payday 2 and RAID WWII Steam Community Group! Learn how you can join it NOW, over here! Have fun playing games online with Giant Bomb users.

Clips Of The Week

Every Time They Roll A "1" in Mario Party Party (By: Jeremy Medina)

With an insane knack for detail, over on YouTube, Jeremy Medina managed to compile every example of the Giant Bomb staff rolling a "1" during the Mario Party Party video series. It's as hilarious as you might think, and here's a hint on his next project.

Giant Bomb PC Warframe Alliance (By: @rapid)

Our community Warframe clan, Giant Bomb Heavy INC, has a video archive of their recent tomfoolery in the game. Remember you can join the group by clicking the link above.

Best Of Blogs

Is No Man's Sky where it needs to be? Marokai thinks so!
Is No Man's Sky where it needs to be? Marokai thinks so!

What Is The Consensus On MGS2's Ending Today? Do We Need "Selection For Societal Sanity" In 2017? (By: @flstyle)

FLStyle uses his latest blog to talk about the nature of internet scuttlebutt, and how the internet has added to the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

More Than One Year Later, No Man's Sky Is A Game Worth Your Time (By: @marokai)

One year after the fact, Marokai articulates why he thinks No Man's Sky is finally a game worth playing, regardless of its original reception.

What kind of niche anime garbage is Japan up to today?
What kind of niche anime garbage is Japan up to today?

Still Catching Up! (By: @mooseymcman)

MooseyMcMan's latest blog is all about trying to catch up on the big and notable releases everyone is buzzing about this year.

An Hour With... Metro 2033 (By: @danielkempster)

danielkempster spent a whole hour with Metro 2033, and extrapolates about why that was enough time for him to decide to give the game a hard "pass."

Not Quite Halfway To 100 Beaten Games In Not Quite Halfway To A Year (May Progress Report) (By: @morecowbell24)

THAT NECK!
THAT NECK!

morecowbell24 provides an update on his quest to complete 100 before the end of 2017! Read all about how his impossible dream is going.

Tokyo Game Show 2017 Trailer Roundup (By: @darkbeatdk)

DarkbeatDK compiled every notable game trailer from Tokyo Game Show 2017 in a single blog post! Check it out, and see which games to look forward to in the coming years.

Tomb Raider Movie... Yay (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 uses his latest blog to share his initial impressions of the first Tomb Raider movie trailer, and if there is any chance of the final film being good.

Just Witnessed My Niece Have Her First Gaming Moment (By: @bryson_shaw)

bryson_shaw 's young niece just had her first gaming "moment." Read all about the heart-warming moment when a new "gamer" was born.

Streaming Newbie Post Mortem Blog GB.22 (By: @bonbolapti)

bonbolapti talks about his first folly into live streaming, as well as what it was like revisiting the massive world of Final Fantasy XII for the first time in years.

IT'S THE BEST! FIGHT ME!
IT'S THE BEST! FIGHT ME!

Fighting Final Fantasy X Parts 85-97: Sticking The Landing - Why FFX Has One Of The Best Endings Of ALL-TIME! (By: @zombiepie)

Giant Bomb moderator ZombiePie wrote a 7,000+ word dissertation on why Final Fantasy X has one of the best video game endings of all-time. Can a blog be any more histrionic?

All-New Saturday Summaries 2017-09-23: Switch Selections Edition (By: @mento)

In his weekly round-up, Mento judges another seven PS2 games for his shelf, looks at a 2014 Indie adventure game from the developer of Snipperclips, and envisions a series of Switch games that compiles generations of Nintendo history.

Join The Discussion

How excited are you for the Xbox One X?
How excited are you for the Xbox One X?

Are You Going To Get An Xbox One X? (By: @ntm)

Are you excited for the Xbox One X? Vote and clarify where you stand regarding the pending release of Microsoft's upcoming console revision.

What Percentage Of The Revenue Do You Think Game Creators Should Get From Let's Play Content? (By: @liquiddragon)

Should a portion of advertising revenue from online Let's Plays go to game creators? Join our community discussion about the issue and whose burden it is to share online revenue.

Oh hey, Original Sin II finally came out?
Oh hey, Original Sin II finally came out?

Divinity: Original Sin II Tips For Beginners (By: @bdead)

Do you have any tips or tricks for beginners trying Divinity: Original Sin II for the first time? Share them for fledgling sinners to enjoy.

Which Is The Worst Super In PvP, And Might Need A Buff, Because It's So Underpowered? (By: @spaceinsomniac)

Hey, Destiny 2 fans, which super player class do you think is in dire need of a buff? Vote for what you think is the weakest class for PVP in Destiny 2.

What's Your Favorite Console JRPG From the Last Generation? (PS3, 360, Wii)(By: @liquiddragon)

Do you enjoy JRPGs like me? Then feel free to join our discussion on the highlights of the genre from the previous generation of game consoles.

~33% of you were raised wrong.
~33% of you were raised wrong.

The GB Store Needs A Knitted Hat For Winter, But What Do You Call A Knit Cap (Other Than Knit Cap...) (By: @seriuzbiznus)

We have a community poll debating the best slang term for a knitted cap. And the results... I don't know what's real anymore. Someone, please hold me.

What Do You Bind Your Side Buttons To? [Community Poll] (By: @rorie)

Rorie was flabbergasted to hear some people do not bind their side mouse buttons to keyboard inputs. So, he's asking YOU to share what you bind them to, and hopefully it's something. You wouldn't like Mr. Rorie when he's angry.

It has been a solid month since the Spotlight was free of Destiny 2, and today is no different.
It has been a solid month since the Spotlight was free of Destiny 2, and today is no different.

Game Of The Year Music Primer (Add Your Own!) (By: @alistercat)

Do you have a current front-runner for "Best Video Game Soundtrack" for 2017? Share and discuss your pick on our community "jukebox."

Is Destiny 2 Good For A Solo Player? (By: @ntm)

How would you "rank" Destiny 2 as a solo only experience? Is playing the game alone worth it? Should it be avoided? Share your impressions of Destiny 2 as a single player game.

Useful User Reviews

I would like to nominate Peach Rabbid as 2017's
I would like to nominate Peach Rabbid as 2017's "Character of the Year"

Wonderful Wikis

Divinity: Original Sin II

Will you look at that! A Kickstarter game actually released commercially! Who would have thunk it?

guip1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 153

Hope the guys give more attention to Divinity 2. Scoring 94 on Metacritic so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@guip1408: Rorie said he will hopefully get a QL on the site next week.

guip1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 153

#4  Edited By guip1408

@boonsong: I'm just a bit sad that we won't hear Divinity 2 and Hollow Knight on the game of the year discussion. But that's nice to read, Rorie saving the day.

Fink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a Beanie.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Man, I'm way behind the Dilbrad comics. It turned into a Manga? Ok

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Was about to post the same thing. What the hell happened? Didn't it used to be inspired by the Dilbert comics?

Xevabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mocbucket62 said:

Was about to post the same thing. What the hell happened? Didn't it used to be inspired by the Dilbert comics?

They entered the Mattrick.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#9 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Oh, that is disgusting. Pickle smoothie sounds vile.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By BlackRedGaming

I'm currently going through Mario Party Party (I'm on number 4). I am so happy that someone made a cut of all one rolls from that

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Undeadpool

AUSTIN CREED BACK ON THE SITE!

YAAAAY! :D

Edit: Oh good LORD, that was SHOOT...

rapid

Forum Posts