Xbox One or PS4 exclusives?

• 119 results
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Xbox One or PS4 exclusives? (425 votes)

Xbox One 28%
PS4 61%
See results 11%
 • 
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Xbox One exclusivesPS4 exclusives
Dead Rising 3The Order: 1886
Forza Motorsport 5DriveClub
Killer InstinctKillzone: Shadow Fall
TitanfallinFamous: Second Son
Ryse: Son of RomeFinal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Sunset OverdriveDC Universe Online
Quantum BreakPlanetSide 2
HaloDaylight
Minecraft: Xbox One EditionDon't Starve
Fantasia: Music EvolvedKnack
Kinect Sports RivalsHohokum
LocoCycleWar Thunder
D4Basement Crawl
BelowBlacklight: Retribution
Crimson DragonWarframe
Project SparkTransistor
Zoo TycoonThe Witness
Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden WarfareOddworld: New 'n' Tasty!
Zumba Fitness World PartyOutlast
Rabbids InvasionPrimal Carnage: Genesis
Black Tusk gameRay's The Dead
Powerstar GolfMercenary Kings
Deep Down
Galak-Z: The Dimensional
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Secret Ponchos

*Pure console exclusives in bold (meaning games only releasing for the console and nothing else)

Yet another comparison thread, but I wanted to make a list as complete as possible showing the exclusives for both upcoming platforms and I wanted to make a poll to see which side seems the most interesting to people, regardless of the console they prefer.

For me, PS4 currently has the more appealing list and it has plenty of smaller, interesting games that I'm starting to enjoy more. The Xbox One has some great looking games as well (particularly Titanfall, but it'll be on PC), but most of it is stuff that I couldn't care less about, unfortunately. Making this list, I'm observing that the Xbox One side seems to aim for a more mainstream appeal with games like Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports Rivals, Fantasia and, especially, Minecraft.

This list just compares games that are currently announced for either the PS4 or the Xbox One, but not the other console. I'm not taking into account PC, Wii U, PS3/360 or (potentially) timed exclusives.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Neither of those lineups interest me too greatly, but I think PS4 is edging it out.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EXTomar

Do we even have enough information on either platform to figure out which are "launch titles" and which are "launch window"? Its nice to want TitanFall or inFamousSecond Son but if they aren't even going to be released till "late 2014" then I'm not sure asking "which is better?" means much.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have played alot of those games for the PS4 on the PC so Xbone excites me more.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deathstriker

Most of those games on either side does nothing for me, excluding Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, DR3, (maybe) Project Spark, and Infamous. Since most are on X1, I guess it wins for now. I do want to play Transistor, but I can just get that on Steam... if I got Titanfall on PC then I'd have to upgrade it, which I don't want to do anytime soon.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

Do we even have enough information on either platform to figure out which are "launch titles" and which are "launch window"? Its nice to want TitanFall or inFamousSecond Son but if they aren't even going to be released till "late 2014" then I'm not sure asking "which is better?" means much.

This isn't talking about launch, this is talking about everything. We already know that inFamous: Second Son isn't a launch game and will only be available early 2014.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

Both of those games are Q1 2014 (as of right now), I doubt MS would want Halo and Titanfall competing against each other in Q4.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Wuddel

The only games on the xbox side which interest me are also coming out on PC -> PS4

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pyrodactyl

Titanfall and fantasia are coming to 360 so I wouldn't call them xbone exclusive. Titanfall was the only reason that might get me to buy a xbox one but I'm just going to play it on 360.

dollster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the xbox exlusives more but since most off them are comming to pc and i have a beast gaming pc i will get the ps4 and play multiplatforms on pc

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now i think xbox has more "exclusives" that i might like: Titanfall, Project Spark, PvZ:GW, and Deadrising 3; but those dont compare to the level of excitement i have for Infamous: Second Son. Plus most of those are gonna end up on PC.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about even for me. There are a few games on each list that are on my radar, but nothing that jumps out at me as something I know I'll be buying. Voted for see results.

CrunchyPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the PS4 may technically have fewer true exclusives (IE titles that are -only- announced for the PS4/Xbox at this point), they appeal to me more overall than the Xbox exclusives. Titanfall and Project Spark were the Xbox exclusives I was interested in, and they're coming to the PC, so that's pretty much all incentive gone for me to buy the console. I think I heard something about Dead Rising 3 on the PC as well (could be wrong on this, it was just hearsay), but that game looks awful to me anyway so I don't really care about it. Comparatively Killzone, The Order: 1886, Knack, and Infamous all interest me, so the PS4 wins out by a fairly decent margin personally.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily PS4 in my opinion.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BRich

Interested primarily in Titanfall, Halo, Forza, Below, the Witness, and Transistor. My PC can actually run the Witness and Transistor, so not much on PS4 yet for me.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, theres a handful of games on those two lists i'd like, but I really dont think exclusives are console sellers to me. I mostly play third party stuff. I will say PS4 has a few more interesting games for me.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Titanfall and fantasia are coming to 360 so I wouldn't call them xbone exclusive. Titanfall was the only reason that might get me to buy a xbox one but I'm just going to play it on 360.

Yep, like pyrodactly said, plus PVZ: Garden Warfare is coming to 360 as well.

Overall there are more PS4 titles that appeal to my tastes. Xbox One has a couple exclusive games I want, but Titanfall was the biggest of those and I can play that on PC (without a camera watching me).

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sixpin said:

@pyrodactyl said:

I mention in the OP that the list itself is just considering the PS4 and Xbox One, not everything else.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By ProfessorEss

Neither of them of putting a new console in my home but I give the edge to XBox on account of Dead Rising 3 (despite the worrisome changes).

Fantasia also looks neat but I'm not interested in Kinect 2 until someone somewhere says something about Dance Central 4.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sixpin said:

@pyrodactyl said:

I mention in the OP that the list itself is just considering the PS4 and Xbox One, not everything else.

Sure. Not being critical of your list, just stating my rationale.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS4 for me all the way. Not to mention exclusive content (timed or otherwise) for Destiny seems promising to me.

The only thing on the Xbox One that interests me is Quantum Break and with how little we know that's not a system seller for me.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous is the platform exclusive game that has me most excited so I'll say PS4. Having said that Forza 5 and Titanfall look great but nothing else on Xbox grabs me. I don't think the Abe's Oddysee remake is a PS4 exclusive either.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otacon said:

I don't think the Abe's Oddysee remake is a PS4 exclusive either.

New 'n' Tasty is indeed at least a timed exclusive for the PS4 platform compared to the Xbox One.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By pr1mus

I always resent the inclusions of games also available on PC in these kind of lists.

And then if i ignore those games, i'm left with nothing remotely interesting to me on Xbox One and InFamous and Killzone as mildly appealing at the moment on PS4. If InFamous Second Son improves significantly on the gameplay of the previous games i'm in. If it's just a better looking one of those i'm out.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 for me given it has most of the games I am the most interested in, like the new Infamous. I am also interested in the new Killzone, because I have heard, whether true or not, that it is more similar to Far Cry than it is to the older Killzones, which seems far more interesting than the older Killzones were.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Other than Titanfall (which is luckily on pc) nothing really too exciting on Xbone. Ps4 has me a bit more excited with Knack and I do love me some Infamous and Killzone.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GaspoweR

If we are to compare them both in terms of the next-gen console exclusives (i.e. games that out of all the console platforms it only appears on their next-gen console but could also be on a different platform such as PC or mobile as well as the previous gen consoles e.g. X360, PS3, and Wii), majority of Sony's console exclusives are also on PC, particularly the indie titles. In terms of PURE exclusives (i.e. games that are not confirmed to appear on any other platform such as mobile and PC or consoles such as Wii, WiiU, PS3 and Xbox 360), I'm more inclined to go towards Microsoft's since I'm personally interested in seeing Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, D4, and Below while in Sony's line-up I'm only interested in Infamous: Second Son and The Order.

PS4Xbox One

Pure Exclusives(only available on a particular console)

Console exclusives (available on a different platform but not on a competing console)

Total exclusives3220

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#28  Edited By Kidavenger

I think in general, the XB1 exclusives are better at this point, but I'd be really surprised if Microsoft can match the exclusive output that Sony has consistently delivered for the last 15 years; buying a console for it's launch lineup is incredibly shortsighted and I can't imagine doing that unless you knew you'd be getting both systems which I probably won't do this time around.

Really the only games I'm interested in enough to buy on either system are:

XB1 Quantum Break vs PS4 inFamous: Second Son and seeing how we don't really know much about Quantum Break yet, It's not something I'd buy a system over.

I will also be getting The Witness and Transistor, but I will most likely buy them on PC

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#29  Edited By StarvingGamer

Quantum Break will end up on PC eventually, like all Remedy games.

There's only one place I can get Second Son.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@gaspower: I'll edit the list for pure exclusives, since that will make some things clearer.

So yeah, the Xbox One currently has more exclusives only for the Xbox One than the PS4 has.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GaspoweR

@fluxwavez said:

@gaspower: I'll edit the list for pure exclusives, since that will make some things clearer.

So yeah, the Xbox One currently has more exclusives only for the Xbox One than the PS4 has.

I just edited my post. You can copy the table that I created that has numbers for the pure exclusives as well as console exclusives if you wish. :)

Also the tables that are found in the Wikipedia source pages that I included in my previous post has a sorting function which is super useful to be able to sort out other information as well such as genres, publishers and release dates by region.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Half of those ps4 games are coming to the PC.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GaspoweR

Half of those ps4 games are coming to the PC.

It's actually almost two-thirds of their console exclusives are either coming or are already on PC.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By KowalskiManDown

And don't forget that there's exclusive content for both Watch Dogs and Destiny coming to PS4. I'd say PS4 wins this.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zaccheus

I'll play Killzone: SF, but it's mostly inFamous: SS I'm excited about. There isn't really anything on XONE, I'll play Titanfall on PC if it turns out to be great.

And don't forget that there's exclusive content for both Watch Dogs and Destiny coming to PS4. I'd say PS4 wins this.

The exclusive stuff on AC has always been really shitty, so I wouldn't count that stuff in anyway before we see what it is.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I think overall I am more interested in the Xbox exclusives...I am not currently a fan of Sony's big franchises.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Quarters

PS4. Killzone and especially inFamous(one of my favorite series from the previous gen) are must-plays for me. Their other stuff looks cool too, and I know they'll continue to really hit it out of the park with exclusives. Not really that interested in XBONE's exclusives. It would be alright to play some of that stuff, but I don't feel I have to go out of my way to experience them.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RE_Player1

As of right now? PS4 only by a slight edge. In terms of future potential? PS4 hands down no questions asked. Look at the PS2/Xbox and PS3/360 days and Sony's first party output puts Microsoft to shame and I expect no different this time around.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One has one platform exclusive I'm marginally interested in (Dead Rising 3) and PS4 has two (The Order: 1866 and inFamous: Second Son), so Sony's got the edge for me. The more I think about it, though, the more likely it's becoming that I'm just going to spend my console money on a new video card and wait until GTA 6 or Red Dead Revengeance or whatever Rockstar's next console only open world game is before picking up a PS4.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

PS4 has way more of what I want.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BoOzak

@banefirelord: Yeah, those are the games i'm interested in too.

All this console drama made me consider buying a new gaming rig but I figured I'd wait for a game that was a must play on PC like The Witcher 3. I doubt very much that games like Watch Dogs etc. Will look that much better on PC. Run better? Probably, but i'm not too bothered 30fps is fine for most games.

Plus, I know this sounds a lot like self justification but I think by the time TW3 comes out componants that'll be able to run the game smoothly will be a lot cheaper.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bigjeffrey

Xbox ONE has games i like

i do not really play indie stuff so PS4 is not for me.

I want them big AAAA Games, i want to pay $60 and see it translated on my screen, and the Xbox has those games.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X1 has the better exclusive games, no doubt, but exclusive games aren't what motivate me to buy one system over another. Saving a hundred bucks on what is supposedly the more powerful system is a much more powerful motivating factor to me, and I think it should be to everyone. It's always bothered me that people will cite exclusive games as a good reason to buy a system. People seem to get so wrapped up in the console-war nonsense that they forget that we'd all be better off if we could pick whichever system we find to be better for us in terms of its services, its price, and its hardware and then have access to all of the games being made.

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes to console exclusives, the xbox.

As for actual exclusives, PS4 (slightly).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Microsoft exclusives that I'm interested in:

1. Quantum Break

2. Dead Rising 3 (although that interest is tenuous at best at this point)

3. Below

4. D4

5. Titanfall

Sony exclusives I'm interested in:

1. The Order: 1886

2. Daylight

3. Don't Starve

4. The Witness

5. Transistor

I'm torn, but if I had to choose, I'd go Xbox ONE.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

inFAMOUS Second Son is all the PS4 needs for it to win over everything on the Xbone thus far. Also, Deep Down is actually going to be a PS4 exclusive??

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RE_Player1

@yummylee: I doubt whatever Deep Down turns out to be it will be exclusive as that is being positioned as Capcom's next generation engine showpiece. I could be wrong though.

jachin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of pure exclusives, Dead Rising 3 could be cool and the others I could be interested in, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, we know almost nothing about . Second Son looks neat, I guess. Currently they are equal imo. No real stand outs to sway me.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Second Son is top of the pops for me.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By Seppli

Deep Down is where it's at for me. I'm pretty sure Capcom will take the lessons learned from Dragon's Dogma (and especially the design of Dark Arisen's Bitterblack Island dungeon), and make Deep Down the most addictive and awesomely playing dungeon crawler ever. Yes - it will be even better than Dark Souls 2.