Hayato appears as a bonus character on the PlayStation version of Rival Schools: United By Fate. He sets out to find the source of the school attacks and abductions believing the students are incapable of doing so themselves.
A year after the events of the first game, Hayato joins teams up with Hideo and Kyoko to investigate a new set of kidnappings. He immediately realizes that the fake Batsu is an imposter upon meeting him, remarking that he "lacks the fire" in the real Batsu's eyes, much to the amusement of Kurow.
"Burning Red Jersey"
Hayato is a hot-blooded ladies' man and physical education teacher at Taiyo High school. His teaching style seems to be inspired by corporal punishment. Hayato became suspicious of Justice High almost immediately after his students were attacked. He watches over Batsu, Hinata and Kyosuke as they set out to uncover the truth. He is a rival of Hideo Shimazu for the affections of Kyoko Minazuki, with whom he is infatuated with.
- Due to Taiyo High rules, he does not have a part-time job to supplement his teaching job.
- He is adverse to puzzling school subjects.
- Hayato in not a playable character in either of the Taiyo High storylines; only in the Justice High one.
- The name Nekketsu (熱血), means "hot-blooded" in Japanese.
- He bears some similarities to Hayato Kanzaki of Star Gladiator.
- Hayato was designed by Kazuhiko Shimamoto.
- Shimamoto actually owns the rights to Hayato and was prohibited from appearing in UDON's Capcom Fighting Tribute book due to legal issues involving Shimamoto.
- He is voiced by Takumi Yamazaki.