Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition is a stand-alone expansion pack to Capcom's Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. It adds several new single & multiplayer modes, new maps, and new character models for the online mode. The achievements and save games do not carry over from Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. The online modes between the two versions are also not compatible. For more information on the core gameplay mechanics of Lost Planet, please see the article for the original Lost Planet
Changes Present In Colonies Edition
New Single Player Modes
- Score Attack - Score values are applied to every kill. A combo mutiplier is present, represented by a meter. It stays active as long as kills are gotten within a certain period of time. Some players have already found exploits for it and have scores in the 999,999,999 range.
- Trial Battle - This is essentially a boss rush with a different name.
- Off Limit - This is a sort of cheat mode unlocked by beating the game on any difficulty. This move doubles the character movement speed (but still keeps the hit stun, stumble, and knockdown animations), and gives unlimited ammo to the player (which means no reloading).
New Multiplayer Modes
- Akrid Hunter - Starship Troopers on ice. One team plays the akrid, and one team plays the humans. There's a battle gauge like in standard elimination modes, except akrid kills count for a few thousand points. If the gauge gets filled up or has any left when time runs out, the akrid team wins. If the humans deplete the gauge, they win.
- VS Annihilator - A VIP mode with VS's. Each team has one player that is confined to a VS, and is worth alot of battle gauge points.
- Counter Grab - One post is located in the center of the map, and the team that controls it for the longest time wins.
- Point Snatcher - All initial kills give a player one point. From then on, every kill a player makes takes all the points from the victim and gives all of them to the killer. This leads to alot of back & forth and very unpredictable matches, with upsets in the last few seconds.
- Akrid Egg Battle - Capture the flag, but with eggs!
- Egg Bandit - An oddball type game, with an egg. The person who holds on to it the longest wins. There is also a team-based variation of this mode.
New Multiplayer Maps
- Crossfire City - A ruined city with two roads forming a cross in the center. This map contains alot of cover in the streets and great positions for sniping on the rooftops.
- Area 921 - A massive desert with expansive open areas on the surface, large subway-like tunnels underneath, and giant vertical silos connecting them.
- Lost Arena - A circular colusseum with trenches in the bottom, a circular platform in the center that usually contains objective items, and massive bleachers all around that contain sniper & VS weapons.
- Assault Space - A symmetrical space station, where each half contains cargo bays full of VS's, and stationary turrets on top. There are small walkways connecting them.
New Human Weapons
- Handgun - A weak, quick-firing pistol.
- Revolver - A strong pistol that maintains accuracy at medium distances. Can knock down targets with low health.
- Flamethrower - An area effect weapon that does damage over time.
- Hand Cannon - A mini version of the rocket launcher that's one-handed. Still an instant kill with a direct hit.
- Flame Grenade - Explodes in a fireball that consumes opponents. Larger blast radius than the original explosive grenades.
- Energy Grenade - Basically a larger version of the fully charged burst from the energy gun. Will kill opponents within the blast radius (although it has a smaller radius than other grenades), but more importantly, a blast from one will eject the pilot from a VS.
New VS Weapons
- Pile Driver - A VS melee weapon with a very short range. It's an instant kill if it connects.
- VS Rifle - A long range weapon that's an instant kill from any distance, headshot or not. It's balanced by the fact that it has a very long reload time, and only holds two shots in a clip.
- Rocket Pod - A launcher that first four gigantic missiles at an arc. Works great against VS's and humans.
- Laser Lance - Another VS melee weapon, but with a larger range. Uses thermal energy like the plasma weapons.
- New Online Character Modes - 2 female characters, 2 robot characters, and a naked Frank West.
- First Person View - A new first person view is included.
- Cross Platform Play - 360 & PC owners of Colonies can play against each other.
- The shotgun has been nerfed so that it no longer repeatedly fires when the trigger is held down.
- The energy gun's fully charged shot now has slightly less heatseeking, and is easier to rolldodge away from.
- Alot of the lag issues that plagued the first game have been resolved.
- Different layouts have been included for every map. Now instead of being listed as "1, 2, 3" they are listed as "Short Range, Long Range, etc".
- Split Battles - Now hosts have the option of splitting a team game into two matches. The teams will swap spawns for each match. This eliminates the loss rationalization excuse of "Well you guys had the good spawn."
- OS: Windows XP or Vista
- Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 processor supporting HT Technology or higher, or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 or higher
- Memory: 512 MB (Windows XP), 1 GB (Windows Vista)
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 compatible, VRAM256MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series or higher, or ATI Radeon(TM) X1600 or higher (excluding NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 8.0 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card