The 343 Industries wiki last edited by meaninoflife42 on 05/13/13 10:22PM
View full history
343 Industries is the publisher of the Halo series and, as part of Microsoft Game Studios, oversees the Halo franchise, including novels, comics, licensed collectibles, apparel and more. The company is named after 343 Guilty Spark, a character from the original Halo trilogy, and has been involved in a myriad of Halo-related projects, both on and off the Xbox 360.
Released Games/Game-Related Projects
- Halo Waypoint - A Halo-related statistics utility and news hub. In addition to tracking a player's stats and achievements in Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach, Waypoint offers rewards for players' achievements in those games (avatar clothes, armor in Reach, Gamertag avatars, etc.).
- Halo Reach: Defiant Map Pack - Created in partnership with Certain Affinity, the Defiant map pack was the second set of DLC Maps for Bungie's Halo Reach. The defiant map pack features 3 new maps: Condemned, Highlands, and Unearthed (Firefight).
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - A high-definition remake of the original Halo, created in conjunction Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity. The game features a graphical overhaul for the single player campaign, and allows the player to switch between old (2001) and new (2011) at any time. 7 multiplayer maps were recreated by Certain Affinity within the Reach engine, which will be updated to support gametypes created to simulate the Halo Combat Evolved multiplayer experience as close as possible. In addition to this, 343 Industries is also including new features such as terminals, that will presumably provide background on the plot for the upcoming Halo 4. The game was released on the 10th anniversary of Halo, November 15, 2011.
- Halo 4 - The next game in the Halo series to star Master Chief, and will be the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy. While not much is known about the title so far, the debut trailer shows the story picking up directly after the end of Halo 3's legendary ending. The game was released on November 6th, 2012
Released Non-Game-Related Projects
- Halo Encyclopedia - Created by DK Books.
- Halo Legends - A collection of short anime movies set in the Halo universe. (Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio4 C, and Toei Animation).
- Halo: Helljumpers - A comic book written by Peter David and drawn by Eric Nguyen.
- Halo: Blood Line - A comic book written by Fred Van Lente and drawn by Francis Portela.
- Halo: Evolutions - Written by Eric Nylund, Tobias Buckell, Karen Traviss and publish by Tor Books.
- Forerunner Trilogy - Written by Greg Bear.
343 Industries has been building its staff internally since 2007, and now eclipses over 200 team members. The studio has many production members from within Microsoft's internal teams, along with representation from a variety of developers. 343 hired many of Pandemic's developers when the company was liquidated. In addition to this, a few members from Bungie have migrated over to the studio during the transition.
- Frank O' Connor: Franchise development director (ex. Bungie)
- Dan Ayoub: Executive Producer (ex. Ubi, EA, Propaganda)
- Kiki Wolfkill: Producer (ex. Turn10/MGS)
- Allison Stroll - Producer (ex. MS Publishing)
- Bonnie Ross - Studio General Manager (ex. MS Publishing)
- Chris Lee - Senior Producer (ex. MS Publishing)
- Humberto Castaneda - Waypoint Producer (ex. MS Publishing)
- Gavin Carter: Senior Producer (ex. Bethesda)
- Veronica Peshterianu: Associate Producer on Halo Waypoint (ex. Production Intern - EA Redwood Shores)
- Corrinne Robinson: Associate Producer (ex. Mcfarlane Toys)
- Alex Cutting: Producer (ex. Software Design Engineer - Microsoft Game Studios)
- Che Chou: Studio Producer (ex. Turn10)
- Kevin Grace: Managing editor
- Josh Kerwin: Public Relations
- David Ellis: Content producer (ex. 1up)
- Joe Waters: Development manager (ex. FASA)
- Matt Brown: Senior AI Developer (ex. 2K Marin)
- Peter Kugler (ex. Microsoft SDET)
- Zhi Min Chen (ex. KAOS)
- Corrinne Yu: Principle engine programmer (ex. Director of technology Gearbox/ Ion Storm)
Art and Animation:
- Kenneth Scott - Senior Art Director (ex. Art Director at id Software)
- Vic Deleon (ex. Bungie)
- Bryce Cochrane: Animator Director (ex. Animator EA Blackbox, Art Director Kuju Entertainment)
- Paul Pepera: Environment artist (ex. id)
- CJ Markham: Motion Capture Supervisor (ex. Lead Animator Rockstar Games London, Animation Consultant at Rockstar San Diego, Course Content Providor at Autodesk)
- Donnie Taylor: Environment artist (ex-Bungie contract)
- Wei Wiharjo Chen: Environment artist (ex. Pandemic)
- Eric Will: Senior 2D Artist and Graphic Designer (ex. Artist id Software, User Interface Artist EA Chicago)
- Jonathan Wood: Senior effects artist (ex. EA Tiburon)
- Johnny van Zelm (ex. Sony Online Entertainment)
- Mike Murrill (ex. Naughty Dog)
- Daveed Kaplan: Senior character artist
- Will Christiansen (contract, ex-Bungie contract)
- Tim Diaz (ex. Sony Santa Monica)
- Chris Buckley (Graphic Designer)
- Neill Harrison (ex. Rare)
- Greg Cox: 3D environment artist
- Josh Holmes: Studio creative director (ex. Propaganda general manager/EA)
- Scott Warner: Lead designer (ex. Pandemic/Black Isle)
- Jesse Snyder (ex. Treyarch creator of Nazi Zombies)
- Jason Behr (ex. Retro Studios)
- Chris Haluke: Senior mission designer (ex. lead designer Guerilla Games)
- Brad Welch: Lead designer (ex. Lead designer Pandemic)
- Dan Callan: Mission designer (ex. Microsoft/Bungie tester)
- Paul Parsons: Senior Game Designer (ex. Game Designer Disney Interactive Studios, Backbone Entertainment)
- M.E. Chung: Multiplayer designer (ex. Designer 2K Marin, Associate Game Designer Crystal Dynamics, Community Director at The Cyberathlete Professional League)
- Kevin Franklin: Lead Multiplayer Designer (ex. Lead Game Designer Slant Six Gams, Dev Support EA, Technician at Argus Controls)
- Paul Ehreth: Mission Designer (ex. Product Designer Good Science, Technical Artist Microsoft Research, Game Designer at SOE)
- Jonathan Schwartz: UI Design
- Chris King (ex. Volition)
- Kynan Pearson (ex. Retro Studios)
- Chad Armstrong: Designer (ex. Bungie)
- Scott Parrish: Lead Creature Technical Director (ex. Industrial Light + Magic)
- Jeremy Patenaude: Content Creator (ex. AscendantJustice.com)
- Jacob Benton: Mission Designer (ex. AscendantJustice.com)
- Ray Almaden: Lead Level Designer (ex. Senior Designer EA, Guerilla Games, SCEE)
- Cinematic Director: Brien Goodrich (ex. FASA/Turn10)
- Composer: Neil Davidge (Massive Attack)
- Audio Director: Sotaro Tojima (ex. Kojima Productions)